Aktuelle Zeit: 19.04.2024, 16:03

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 97 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 07.02.2020, 13:05 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

https://somemelodiousplot.blogspot.com/ ... rsons.html

Zitat:
SOME MELODIOUS PLOT
HOME
February 06, 2020
CONOR MCPHERSON'S UNCLE VANYA

It is a two word phrase that causes dismay. If I hear it in a meeting I wince. It almost brings me out in hives. At least I no longer take the speaker to task after the meeting, although if more people did that perhaps we could rid the world of it once and for all. It is the king of office babble, the pinnacle of redundant tautology [wink], and it drives me crazy. It is 'going forward'.

Yet last week it made me smile for the first time. Uttered by Aleksandr Vladimirovich Serebryakov, the pompous professor in Conor McPherson's adaptation of Anton Chekhov's Uncle Vanya - "We must seek out such measures as will guarantee us all a constant, eternal, fixed income going forward - and for the rest of our lives!" - it was just perfect. Truth be told, I did wince before I smiled, but I quickly realised what McPherson was up to. Serebryakov is the Russian fin de siècle equivalent of the metropolitan liberal elite, contemptuous of those who live their lives out in the sticks, and, in Chekhov's play, willing to sell out almost all of his extended family so he can continue his existence as an ineffectual and unread Petersburg intellectual.

Chekhovites and a certain type of theatre-goer can baulk at any updating or overhauling of the language in the plays, but I love it. Initially, it might be great to have a conservative and literal translation, particularly when you first come across these incredible plays. But their timelessness, and the liberality of translation, allows for a playfulness with language. The themes are adaptable and supple. Keep the structure and the interplay, but make it resonate. It is robust enough to survive. Ivan (Vanya) Petrovich Voynitsky's occasionally modern outbursts and obscenities in this reworking are a case in point.

I've seen Uncle Vanya once before – at the Donmar with that ubiquitous frequenter of Chekhov's estates, Simon Russell Beale - and I had decided that it was my least favourite of Chekhov's four major plays. A few decades back it was The Seagull that had struck a chord: I'm was a sucker for the desperately romantic Konstantin. But that's a younger man's choice, and encountering Uncle Vanya in middle-age teased out its subtle, poignant brushstrokes. Toby Jones as Vanya is perfect (Toby Jones is always perfect). We are irritated by him, angry at him, and finally, after his infamous outburst, are drawn towards sympathy as we contemplate the quiet life of desperation that he leads. The pathos and delusion in his cry of "I could have been another Schopenhauer, another Dostoevsky" can't help but bring to mind Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront.

This theme, the beginning of a slow, inevitable descent towards death, is also captured beautifully by Peter Wight as Ilya Ilych Telegin. Nicknamed 'Waffles' because of his pockmarked skin, and deserted by his wife the day after he had married her, Telegin still clings loyally and romantically to vows made decades before. The role, and Wight's portrayal, brought to mind Richard Griffiths' Uncle Monty in Withnail and I. This is no faint praise: I've said it before that the character of Monty is the saddest and most quietly tragic in cinema. Desperate loneliness and late-middle-age are fertile grounds for comedy, but only for a fleeting second or two. You laugh readily and then hollowly. Fear lurks, stalking the middle distance. Indeed, Shakespeare's line "I was adored once too!" is not so much about looking back, but rather about the impossibility of looking forward.

Ian Rickson's production, currently showing at the Harold Pinter theatre in London, is superb. The set is exquisite, with light filtering through lush greenery left of stage, and birdsong and bright light pervading the set. It conjures up a brooding, hot-house quality that is perfect for the tension that is about to bubble to the surface.

"There's going to be a storm!"

I think there is also something appropriate about watching Chekhov in the dark of winter. His plays tend to be set in Russia's brief, fleeting warmer months, and this complements our temporal knowledge about what lies, just a decade or so, over the horizon. All of the problems that engulf this family and its estate will fade into obscurity; many of the protagonists will be dead, crushed by the terrors unleashed by Lenin and then Stalin. And with that final thought, I'm left thinking again about the phrase 'going forward' and the irony, not quite poetic, that it contains. Its objective is to advance; the reality is usually the exact opposite.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 07.02.2020, 13:05 

BeitragVerfasst: 07.02.2020, 13:08 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

https://jameskarasreviews.blogspot.com/ ... ay-at.html

Zitat:
Thursday, February 6, 2020
UNCLE VANYA – REVIEW OF CHEKHOV’S PLAY AT HAROLD PINTER THEATRE
Reviewed by James Karas

Anton Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya in an adaptation by Conor McPherson receives a masterly production at the Harold Pinter Theatre in London. Directed by Ian Rickson, the production brings out all the desolation, boredom, despair and unhappiness of the characters as well as providing an image of Russia that is reflected by them.

Uncle Vanya is set on a provincial estate and it is sub-titled “Scenes from Country Life in Four Acts.” Indeed, the play is supposed to take place in the garden of the estate, the dining room, the drawing room and Vanya’s room. Rickson and designer Rae Smith have opted for a single set. They use a large room that looks like an undusted space in an abandoned museum. It may have had previous glory but now it looks depressing.

Toby Jones, Aimee Lou Wood and Rosalind Eleazar. Photo: © Johan Persson
Despite that and the general malaise of the people, the production has considerable humour. In fact, Rickson manages to get a laugh in the first couple of lines and throughout the performance. Marvelous.

Professor Serebryakov (Ciarán Hinds) returns to his estate from his teaching post accompanied by his beautiful, 27-year old second wife Yelena (Rosalind Eleazar) who is about 40 years younger than him. The professor writes books and treatises that no one cares about and are published in journals that no one reads. He is an intellectual who contributes nothing to society. He is what 19th century novelist Ivan Goncharov called Oblomov, an aristocrat and useless human. Hinds is superb in the role and brings out the professor’s hypochondria, lack of common sense and bad temperament.

Dr. Astrov is a middle-aged man who is tired of his profession and is examining the state of the country surrounding the estate. He sees deforestation, destruction and desolation. He is a modern-day climate change watcher who is emotionally barren until he falls in love with Yelena only to be rejected. Richard Armitage is an energetic and sympathetic Astrov who gets nowhere.

Toby Jones is Uncle Vanya. He has been running the estate for twenty years with Sonya, the daughter of the professor by his (the professor’s) first wife. The latter was his sister and the estate belonged to her. Vanya has nothing and if the professor sells the estate as he threatens, he will have nowhere to go. His humour is on par with his emotional outbursts and both are done expertly by Jones in a superb performance.

Eleazar as the beautiful and totally bored Yelena stirs up emotions and creates tensions and complications when Astrov and Vanya fall in love with her. Do we sympathize with Yelena the St. Petersburg snob? Excellent work by Eleazar.
Unreserved kudos go to Anna Calder-Marshall as the old nurse Nana who is humane and tolerant; Dearbhla Molloy as Mariya, Vanya’s mother and the professor’s faithful assistant; Peter Wright as Telegin, an old former landowner who has fallen on bad times; and Aimee Lou Wood, the professor’s sad daughter who loves Astrov but he does not reciprocate and who may be the only optimistic character in the play.

The ensemble acting is of sterling quality. That can only be achieved when there is directorial discipline and acting ability. Rickson shows that he is a master of both.

This is a highly nuanced and successful production. It grabs the audience from the opening scene and keeps us riveted until the final, somewhat ambiguous end of the play. In short, a very good night at the theatre.
________
Uncle Vanya by Anton Chekhov in an adaptation by Conor McPherson continues until May 2, 2020 at the Harold Pinter Theatre, Panton St, London SW1Y 4DN.
www.haroldpintertheatre.co.uk/

James Karas is the Senior Editor - Culture of The Greek Press

BeitragVerfasst: 07.02.2020, 18:47 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Ach ja, immer noch alles schön zu lesen. :sigh: Danke, Arianna. :kuss:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 23:47 

Eine schöne verspätete Review:

Zitat:
Uncle Vanya: A Refreshing New Adaptation of Chekhov's Masterpiece
February 13, 2020

by Diana Dwight

Anton Chekhov is one of the most English among Russian playwrights. If you doubt it, Conor McPherson‘s adaptation of ‘Uncle Vanya’ directed by Ian Rickson is at your service at the Harold Pinter Theatre.

The play was published in Moscow in 1898, but the situation in which all its characters find themselves, their complicated interpersonal relationships, misunderstandings, and unrequited loves look modern and familiar. The bridge between Moscow of 120 years ago and nowadays London gets even shorter thanks to modern language and humour. I have never heard the Russian audience laugh as much during Chekhov’s classic as the English public did during the new West End production. Both Richard Armitage and Tobi Jones showed a surprising talent for comedy.

Designer Rae Smith created costumes that look out of time and transport us from Chekhov’s Russia to the modern English countryside. Some female characters wear trousers, and you will not see corsets or puffs and frills on the stage. The whole action takes place in the same dining room. Despite the disorder and degrade, it still looks very cosy.

The only piece of furniture that changes its role is a table. At the opening, it is a dining table around which the lives of the characters change in a dramatic way, while they are simply having tea. And at the end of the story it turns into a desk as if to symbolise the end of something extraordinary and chaotic, and the beginning of ordinary life with its rhythmic regularity, order, and stability.

Three big names make the cast list shine like the Milky Way: Toby Jones as uncle Vanya, Richard Armitage as Dr Astrov, and Ciaran Hinds as their antagonist Professor Serebryakov. Their names need no introduction.

Aimee Lou Wood‘s (Sex Education) acting as Sonya is sincere and touching, but it is also an evident case of miscasting, because you can’t believe her character is a country girl with low self-esteem and not blessed with physical beauty.

Rosalind Eleazar, who plays Sonya’s stepmother, Yelena, unfortunately didn’t manage to use her potential to portray a bohemian femme fatale who made every breathing being fall in love with her. Her love story with Dr Astrov does not look believable, and there is more artistic chemistry between Richard Armitage and Toby Jones.

‘Uncle Vanya’ will be on at The Harold Pinter Theatre, London, until 2 May.

https://www.thecinejournal.com/uncle-vanya-a-refreshing-new-adaptation-of-chekhovs-masterpiece/

BeitragVerfasst: 15.02.2020, 18:23 

Richard aus Leicester, von Richard aus Leicester via Twitter zitiert, vergibt 4 von 5 Sterne:

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1228628098104598529

Zitat:
Uncle Vanya ★★★★☆
Posted on February 15, 2020 by Richard [The Humpo Show]

Uncle Vanya
Harold Pinter Theatre, London

Director: Ian Rickson
Cast: Richard Armitage, Toby Jones, Aimee Lou Wood, Rosalind Eleazar, Ciaran Hinds, Dearbhla Molloy, Peter Wight and Anna Calder-Marshall

Uncle Vanya review

Uncle Vanya is a play by Russian playwright Anton Chekhov, first published in 1898, which explores the disruption and discontent of a small group of people in rural turn of the century Russia. Director Ian Rickson and Irish playwright Conor McPherson have brought this nineteenth century Russian play to London’s West End with a great deal of humour, melancholy and emotion.

Vanya (Toby Jones) spends his time idling around the country estate he has lived his whole life, making money for his brother-in-law Serebryakov (Ciaran Hinds), a retired professor who has been living at the estate for the past 20 years writing papers on a myriad of scholarly topics. The professor – whose first wife was Vanya’s sister (now dead) – has moved on to a younger and beautiful woman by the name of Yelena (Rosalind Eleazar). She attracts the attention and affection of Vanya and also Doctor Astrov (Richard Armitage), who is summoned many times by the professor to tend to a catalogue of imagined aches and pains. Astrov becomes infatuated with her at the same time that he remains oblivious to the fact that Serebryakov’s daughter, Sonya (Aimee Lou Wood), yearns for him.

There is plenty of humour, despite the situations that the characters find themselves in, which surprised me a little as I was expecting something more sombre. Jones’ Vanya is the pick of the bunch in terms of the comic relief, and his character more than needs it. He talks about “wanging on” and “stuffing my face with snacks” to much laughter, but these comments highlight the sort of mid-life crisis he finds himself in.

The funniest scene has to be the drinking scene where Vanya is joined by Armitage’s disillusioned doctor Astrov and the old hanger-on Telegin (Peter Wight). Vanya ends up crawling under a sideboard in search of fresh supplies while repeating the word “Alwight” – my highlight, and it seems for many, there’s too.

I’d also like to highlight the excellent acting of Armitage and Wood, who were both excellent in their respective roles. Astrov’s passion for the forest was palpable, reinforced by Sonya who was enraptured at every speech that he made about the forest, wildlife and maps. The pair of them had some lovely moments, but there was always the sense that things just wouldn’t work out how Sonya hopes for. Armitage was brilliant in particularly when conveying Astrov’s passions, but he was equally adept at vocalising his troubles. It was a very believable performance.

Uncle Vanya is a play where, at times, it felt like it was a lot of people sitting around and moaning and wasting their lives, but as the story progresses through the different acts, it becomes more of a drama about missed chances. A profound and comic play, it is definitely one to watch out for London visitors.

https://rwh92.wordpress.com/2020/02/15/uncle-vanya-theatre-review/

BeitragVerfasst: 18.02.2020, 13:08 

So, nach all den positiven mehr oder weniger professionellen Kritiken werde ich mal damit beginnen die Tweetmeinungsäußerungen der letzten Wochen hier zu archivieren.

Stimmen vom 18.01.2020:

Zitat:
Antonella Napolitano@svaroschi

18. Jan.

Yes, @unclevanyaplay last night was great! Amazing cast, from Toby Jones and @RCArmitage to @RosalindEleazar and Aimee Lou Wood. And a special mention for the stunning set designed by Rae Smith, with lighting by Bruno Poet.
Don’t miss it!

https://twitter.com/svaroschi/status/1218469848453394432

Zitat:
Cally-Richeda@Cally246

18. Jan.
So, @unclevanyaplay last night was AMAZING Staging, casting etc all superb! To watch Toby Jones & @RCArmitage live is such an honour. To be introduced to the wonders that are @RosalindEleazar & Aimee Lou Wood & be dazzled by such beautiful staging, so happy! If you can, GO!

https://twitter.com/Cally246/status/1218464809571749889

Zitat:
Olga@twelve_05

18. Jan.

I’m Russian and I must say that @unclevanyaplay is 100% the best Chekhov adaptation I’ve ever seen. What a brilliant cast! Every emotion, every gesture is so real and so.. Russian! @RCArmitage you definitely understand ‘Russian soul’ better than you say. All of you do. Bravo!

https://twitter.com/twelve_05/status/1218349876997652483

Zitat:
Jessica@Common_Linnet

19. Jan.

On my way back from London after watching #UncleVanya last night at #HaroldPinterTheatre. I really loved the play and the cast was absolutely brilliant! I am so tempted to buy another ticket for the next month or so
@unclevanyaplay #RichardArmitage #AimeeLoudWood #TobyJones

https://twitter.com/Common_Linnet/status/1218937660615667715

Zitat:
IDFYTI

#DeathStranding @IDFYTI

We went to see @unclevanyaplay last night and it was so good, a lot of feelings there, the set, lighting and sound were all stunning and immersive, the performances were brilliant, there is a silly fun humour to the play, in counter with it's serious and current message!

The play deals with environmental issues, our place in the world, feminism and the listlessness that life can sometimes drive us too, all umbrella-ed by the message of "why are we here?" and really, there are no answers to this question, but it's nice to contemplate it for 2 hrs

In a way, the idea that life doesn't have purpose can be freeing, and I've always thought that, the rest of the understanding of this is always too crushing.

The play uses a religious motif (because of the setting) to finalise it's purpose for life, but really it's left open

https://twitter.com/IDFYTI/status/1218914999751581696

Zitat:
Claire Seeley@seeley_claire

19. Jan.

Thanks @unclevanyaplay for a really amazing, thought provoking play yesterday. It's one that will stay with me. X

https://twitter.com/seeley_claire/status/1218912578925023238

Zitat:
Rachel Marriott@rachelhmarriott

19. Jan.

Went to see @unclevanyaplay last night at the @HPinterTheatre. Exquisite production. Moments of hilarity & reflection @RCArmitage #lovetheatre #epiccast

https://twitter.com/rachelhmarriott/status/1218867225030950912

Meinungen zum 20.01.2020:

Zitat:
Peter Lowe@PeterLowepj33

20. Jan.

Bravo to all involved in @unclevanyaplay for capturing Chekhov’s humour & pathos so well. A delight from start to finish.

https://twitter.com/PeterLowepj33/status/1219390783280877574

Zitat:
Andrew Wright@ACWright

20. Jan.

Utterly captivating performances from Toby Jones and Richard Armitage in @unclevanyaplay
in Conor McPherson's stunning adaptation of Chekhov's classic. Ciaran Hinds and Aimee Lou Wood also producing award winning performances at the Harold Pinter.

https://twitter.com/ACWright/status/1219384124869423106

Zitat:
Dan Rebellato@DanRebellato

Uncle Vanya at the Harold Pinter Theatre is absolutely exquisite. It feels brisk and contemporary and it’s extremely funny but it also takes the play’s pitiful sadness seriously and dares to be slow when it needs to be. 1/

The set by Rae Smith is a marvel, picking up the play’s environmental concerns (and maybe nicking the weird opening directions to The Cherry Orchard) to give us a forest inside and outside the room. 2/

The cast is flawless. Toby Jones’s Vanya reaches almost Fawlty levels of sarky exasperation. Ciaran Hinds’ Serebryakov is wonderfully infuriating. Rosalind Eleazar and Aimee Lou Wood are relative newcomers but give pitch-perfect as Yelena and Sonya. 3/

Richard Armitage is a brooding, defeated but attractive Astrov and with Peter Wight as Telegin are convincingly funny and awful drunks. 4/

Bruno Poet’s lighting both illuminates and obscures, the air thick, something clogged in the atmosphere of the place. 5/

But Ian Rickson is I guess the one who has found and controlled the tone and pace so immaculately. The detail, the naturalness, the depth of emotion, my god. It’s the best Vanya I’ve ever seen. And it’s still in preview so it’ll probably get even better! Book now!

https://twitter.com/DanRebellato/status/1219386850646929416

Zitat:
Rufus Wright@rufusgwright

20. Jan.
As suspected, first experiences of Ian Rickson’s #UncleVanya are already inspiring awe. Can’t wait to see it.

https://twitter.com/rufusgwright/status/1219388676532207616

Tweets zum 21.01.20:

Zitat:
Rachel Page@rachelpage69

21. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay is an astonishing piece. I urge anyone who has the opportunity to see it, to go. Congratulations to the cast and creatives. Amazing

https://twitter.com/rachelpage69/status/1219407022447300611

Zitat:
Antje@AntjeP_2018

21. Jan.

It is a great joy to see a very good play performed live - to be transported into another time, place and set of lives for just a few hours. Thank you to the @unclevanyaplay cast and crew for a brilliant evening, with lovely front of house & a stunningly beautiful set

https://twitter.com/AntjeP_2018/status/1219402771000184834

Zitat:
alessia@alessia_borri

22. Jan.

Congrats @unclevanyaplay for a spot on performance last night. Absolutely loved every minute! It was one of those evenings when it’s so good you don’t notice the time great to see @RCArmitage on stage again. Go see this!

https://twitter.com/alessia_borri/status/1219883811271561216

BeitragVerfasst: 18.02.2020, 13:20 

Eindrücke vom 22.01.2020:

Zitat:
Beverly Sanford@Beviathan

22. Jan.
Absolutely loved tonight’s performance of @unclevanyaplay What a privilege to see such superb performances from Toby Jones, @RCArmitage, Anna Calder-Marshall, Ciaran Hinds and cast. Warm, funny, sad and full of sharp observations - exactly what you want from Chekov.

https://twitter.com/Beviathan/status/1219771109438119936

Zitat:
Ella Cumber@ellacumber

22. Jan.

Well #UncleVanya at @HPinterTheatre was something else. A real treat to see such a wonderful cast really knock it out of the park.

https://twitter.com/ellacumber/status/1219770403998117888

Zitat:
PIP MACLEAN@pipalina1

22. Jan.

@HPinterTheatre @unclevanyaplay sooo enjoyed this afternoon’s matinee ... Classic Chekhov performed brilliantly ... hope to be able to see it again #bravo

https://twitter.com/pipalina1/status/1220043150812766210

Zitat:
ann liebeck soprano British and Irish@VLTTangoOpera

22. Jan.

Wonderful #UncleVanya @HPinterTheatre bravo to all the cast.We laughed we cried we are still human beans! @TobyJon21297538 @BlogRArmitage

https://twitter.com/VLTTangoOpera/status/1220102484112433152

Zitat:
Marcella Phelan MBE@phelanm1

22. Jan.

Mesmerising production of #UncleVanya at the Harold Pinter theatre with a brilliant cast especially #tobyjones #aimeelouwood and @Rosalindeleazor

https://twitter.com/phelanm1/status/1220055390651584514

Zitat:
Anna Ovsyanikova@londonviolinist

22. Jan.

A bit of Chekhov tonight at @HPinterTheatre - what a wonderful cast! @unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/londonviolinist/status/1220115945311686659

Meinungsäußerungen vom/zum 23.01.2020 - Opening Night:

Zitat:
Rachel Seymour@_RachelSeymour

23. Jan.

GO SEE @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre - Toby Jones is the perfect heartbreakingly funny Vanya, and the rest of the cast are phenomenal! Not to mention the beeaautiful set design

https://twitter.com/_RachelSeymour/status/1220265690122399744

Zitat:
Miles Kinsley@MilesWarburton

23. Jan.

Go see @unclevanyaplay at @HPinterTheatre - a beautiful set, great performances and an incredible study of silence with a deeply important critique on apathy and distraction

https://twitter.com/MilesWarburton/status/1220267491462647811

Zitat:
James Bierman@Bierman71

23. Jan.

Wonderful production of @unclevanyaplay at the Pinter. Funny, contemporary and heartbreaking. Congratulations all involved @SFP_London @ATGTICKETS

https://twitter.com/Bierman71/status/1220474780421410816

Zitat:
Alistair Petrie@alistairpetrie

23. Jan.

My goodness. Uncle Vanya with the astonishing Aimee Lou Wood. A staggering West End debut by a remarkable talent. Loved it. @unclevanyaplay @SFP_London #unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/alistairpetrie/status/1220470490868994056

Zitat:
MCKNIGHT@jamesmcknight

24. Jan.

It was such an incredible privilege to see @unclevanyaplay this evening! Absolutely beautiful piece of theatre!

https://twitter.com/jamesmcknight/status/1220485700291846149

Zitat:
valerie@Luv2travel20

24. Jan.

I agree! #TobyJones is fantastic in #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/Luv2travel20/status/1220484808830119936

Zitat:
rouxe@Lucygllm

24. Jan.

well me neither

Tweet zitieren
Uncle Vanya@unclevanyaplay
24. Jan.

‘I’m not sure I’ve seen any better’ | via @telegraph https://telegraph.co.uk/theatre/what-t

https://twitter.com/Lucygllm/status/1220488228949700614

Zitat:
Rebecca Jones@R_mjones

24. Jan.

Saying it again... but @unclevanyaplay was absolutely bloody brilliant! @RCArmitage was brilliant and #TobyJones stole the show! If you have the chance you must see it!!! #theatre #WestEnd #RichardArmitage

https://twitter.com/R_mjones/status/1220497616091348993

Zitat:
Guy Masterson@GuyMasterson

24. Jan.
Superb adaptation of #UncleVanya opened tonight at #HaroldPinterTheatre. Starring #TobyJones & #CiaranHinds. Right on the money and desperately moving with a brilliant lightness of touch. #Chekhov would be proud.

https://twitter.com/GuyMasterson/status/1220508191416573954

Zitat:
Ruth Murphy@RuthMur50731214

24. Jan.

Antwort an
@SFP_London und @unclevanyaplay

Wonderful performance and the set is amazing- so atmospheric. Loved it. Well done everyone xx

https://twitter.com/RuthMur50731214/status/1220601851080577024

Zitat:
Jude@LadyOfAManor

24. Jan.

This #UncleVanya is full of the complexity of the #Chekhov view of life but with every bit of humour & pathos teased out in equal measure.Great cast led by a magnificent #TobyJones & #RichardArmitage and stunning set by @rae_rae_rae2 @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre @SFP_London

https://twitter.com/LadyOfAManor/status/1220757891986137090

Zitat:
alessia@alessia_borri

24. Jan.

Antwort an
@WhatsOnStage @Sarahc_k und @unclevanyaplay

Agree with every word! It’s brilliant, five stars fully deserved

https://twitter.com/alessia_borri/status/1220800033366429696

Zitat:
Sarah Hemming@SarahHemm

24. Jan.

#UncleVanya : beautiful production of a great, great play. State of your heart; state of the nation; state of the world.

https://twitter.com/SarahHemm/status/1220842871408013319

Zitat:
valerie@Luv2travel20

24. Jan.

Antwort an @sahraobsessed

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Richard is great in this but so is the rest of the cast...really impressive! I was in awe of #TobyJones...as I told him, he's the embodiment of #UncleVanya!

https://twitter.com/Luv2travel20/status/1220840642340782080

Zitat:
Tamara von Werthern@TamaraWerthern

24. Jan.

Saw #UncleVanya @HPinterTheatre last night - the only reason I didn't give a standing ovation was that I was too emotionally shattered to get up. Such a beautiful, well judged, impeccably acted production it send shivers down your spine. This is what all theatre should be like.

https://twitter.com/TamaraWerthern/status/1220717730883567619

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 10:22 

Schon nah an professionellen Meinungsäußerungen - die Tweets von Baz Bamigboye:

Zitat:
Baz Bamigboye@BazBam

26. Jan.

Thinking about #TobyJones and his fellow players in ⁦@unclevanyaplay. Exquisite.

https://twitter.com/BazBam/status/1221557661939970055

Zitat:
Baz Bamigboye@BazBam

26. Jan.

The heartache, the wistfulness of @unclevanyaplay is also something to cheer about because every single performance connects so deeply. And, then there’s Toby Jones . An unforgettable Vanya.

Tweet zitieren
Evening Standard Arts@thestandardarts
26. Jan.

'I’d call it blockbuster Chekhov if it weren’t so subtle and sad.'https://standard.co.uk/go/london/thea

https://twitter.com/BazBam/status/1221513224207683586

Ein Tweet zum 24.01.2020:

Zitat:
Iseedreams@Iseedreams1

27. Jan.

The best way to spend Friday night is to see Uncle Vanya @unclevanyaplay with Richard Armitage and Toby Jones. Inspired to start asking myself tough questions if i do enough and how i live my life. A lot of thoughts, emotions, laughs and tears. Thank you, London

https://twitter.com/Iseedreams1/status/1221849676640550912

Mehr zum 25.01.2020:

Zitat:
Leo [ A Man of No Consequence ]@LeoGloriae

25. Jan.

En route home from seeing @UncleVanyaPlay. As a fan of Chekhov, I thought the play was absolutely spectacular.
The acting was impeccable. Aimee Lou Wood and @RCArmitagein particular stood out.
I laughed, I smiled, I related to some of the themes.
I’ll be seeing it again!

https://twitter.com/LeoGloriae/status/1221206044698988545

Zitat:
Aramoana@Aramoana_wonder

26. Jan.

Loved @unclevanyaplay at Harold Pinter... top notch performance from all the cast (Toby Jones and Aimee Lou Wood get a special shout out) and UTTERLY in love with the stage. Bravo to all involved! See you again (very) soon for round 2

https://twitter.com/Aramoana_wonder/status/1221214693555089408

Zitat:
Lydia Andrikopoulou@LydiaActress

One of the best theatre productions of 2020 is already out there and is at @HPinterTheatre Go & watch #unclevanya Apart from giving their heart and souls all actors give a master in acting, Toby Jones is a legend and the show is a mastepiece as a whole #theatre #london

https://twitter.com/LydiaActress/status/1221486728386633731

Ein Tweet zum 27.01.2020:

Zitat:
Ela Zych-Watson@ezychwatson

27. Jan.

A masterpiece of a performance from the incomparable Toby Jones and the wonderful cast in Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya tonight at the Harold Pinter Theatre, London: painfully, beautifully, bittersweet...@unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/ezychwatson/status/1221923311392829441

Impressionen vom 28.01.2020:

Zitat:
The Original Ryan@TuckwellRyan

28. Jan.

Well. @unclevanyaplay at @HPinterTheatre is just scrumptious. Lots of jolly japes and then BAM, your heart breaks. An Olivier for #TobyJones please. In fact, awards for the entire cast. And make sure there's one for @BrunoPoetLights too, the lighting is heartstoppingly beautiful.

And in addition, the delicious @RCArmitage should be a regular leading man in London's glitzy West End. Traffic-stoppingly handsome, marvellous stage presence and plays a great drunk. I'd blame the hot flushes on the manopause but I think it was simply him.

https://twitter.com/TuckwellRyan/status/1221931948827914241

Zitat:
Lytelalix@Lytelalix

28. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay @RCArmitage @HPinterTheatre I’d been looking forward to this for months and it went beyond all expectations. Made me laugh, made me think. Perfect cast, set and costumes. Lovely moments of tension and comic release. Thank you.

https://twitter.com/Lytelalix/status/1222141919649726464

Zitat:
Claire Drake@clairedra

28. Jan.

I recently saw an amazing production of @unclevanyaplay in London. The entire cast are exceptional and a pleasure to watch. Lovely to see Ciarán Hinds, Rosalind Eleazar & Peter Wight at stage door. Thank you! :) #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/clairedra/status/1222270035860885507

Zitat:
Lucas Hare@1ucashare

28. Jan.

Wonderful production of @unclevanyaplay at @HPinterTheatre. Fabulous ensemble of Chekhov’s beautifully broken people.

https://twitter.com/1ucashare/status/1222291084698701824

Zitat:
Leighton Pritchard@widdowquinn

28. Jan.

I don’t know if it was just this adaptation, but @unclevanyaplay felt timeless to the point of being contemporary. Excellent performances and production.

https://twitter.com/widdowquinn/status/1222291653135949825

Und damit sind wir schon bei den Tweets zum 29.01.2020:

Zitat:
David20180512@david20180512

29. Jan.

There’s no reason you won’t fall in love with @unclevanyaplay. Slick adaptation, stunning set+lighting+score, superb ensemble work & Mr. Toby Jones perfect as the title role. When Miss Aimee Lou Wood (Sonya) says she’s not beautiful, I just cannot buy it.

https://twitter.com/david20180512/status/1222340346451021825

Zitat:
Jayne Hardcastle@JayneFernlea

29. Jan.

Last minute tickets can sometimes be the best ... @unclevanyaplay@HPinterTheatre tonight was amazing, wonderful, thought-provoking, sublime. Entire cast were superb but special mentions to #TobyJones #RichardArmitage @RosalindEleazar #aimeelouwood Thank you one and all.

https://twitter.com/JayneFernlea/status/1222321954130210817

Zitat:
Trudi Camilleri@TrudiCamilleri

29. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre is an extraordinary take on Chekhov. It somehow feels contemporary, and not just the language. The themes are relevant and a reminder that the human struggle is timeless. So glad to see @RCArmitage back on the stage. Whole cast are stellar#MustSee

https://twitter.com/TrudiCamilleri/status/1222315837417295872

Zitat:
Mac & Jeal@macandjeal

29. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay We had an amazing night absolutely fabulous captivating from the first line #ConorMcPherson’s adaptation of Chekhov’s masterpiece is truly accessible for all a must go see, Go Go Go! #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/macandjeal/status/1222640224787927041

Zitat:
Freyja Jones@freyja_lillie

29. Jan.

Went to see @unclevanyaplay this afternoon and it was incredible. Aimee Lou Wood was particularly amazing. Also — I want the set to be my living room

https://twitter.com/freyja_lillie/status/1222626149945180162

Zitat:
Laura MacDonald@lauraMmac

29. Jan.

Really enjoyed @unclevanyaplay - Toby Jones and @RCArmitage are perfect in their roles. And Aimee Lou Wood is so, so lovely as Sonya. Feels contemporary and the set is gorgeous.

https://twitter.com/lauraMmac/status/1222585008776454145

Zitat:
Natalie Benton@NatalieJBenton

29. Jan.

An evening @unclevanyaplay on Chekov's birthday. A truly spectacular set - never seen anything like it before. Great to see @RCArmitage on the stage again too and #TobyJones was a class act.

https://twitter.com/NatalieJBenton/status/1222651188887400449

Zitat:
SUPERMegAN@meg_seekings

29. Jan.

got a bargain (£20!) last min front row ticket to today’s @unclevanyaplay matinee. absolutely loved it - incredible performances all round, but Toby Jones & Aimee Lou Wood were especially superb #unclevanya

https://twitter.com/meg_seekings/status/1222615248290635779

Private Meinungen von Fachvertretern:

Zitat:
Mert Dilek@mertdilek95

29. Jan.

Little did I know when I arranged to see @unclevanyaplay tonight that it would be the best way to commemorate Chekhov on his birthday. A pitch-perfect reminder of his everlasting might.

https://twitter.com/mertdilek95/status/1222655217315000320

Zitat:
CALLUM HEINRICH@CallumHeinrich

Just saw @unclevanyaplay and can say that was beautiful. Shout out to the set designer for creating my dream studio on stage and the lighting design as well was stunning. The cast as epic and Toby Jones may be the finest actor of our generation.

https://twitter.com/CallumHeinrich/status/1222653202673344518

Und damit ist das Monatsende des Januars erreicht (30./31.01.2020):

Zitat:
foudetheatre@foudetheatre

30. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay the best show in London @HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/foudetheatre/status/1222681732085960704

Zitat:
Caz@CazCronin

31. Jan.

@unclevanyaplay was remarkable last night. Gorgeous set, fantastic performances. And unexpectedly hilarious.

https://twitter.com/CazCronin/status/1223161456696406016

Zitat:
Richard Hopper@richard_hopper

31. Jan.

Still processing tonights @unclevanyaplay, best production I have seen for ages, Toby Jones sublime, Peter Wight perfect and @RosalindEleazar what a electrifying presence she brings to everything she does, the whole cast brilliant. On the tech side the lighting is just fantastic

https://twitter.com/richard_hopper/status/1223031989210701824

Zitat:
TheatreDust@TheatreDust

31. Jan.

Tremendous evening @unclevanyaplay - a uniformly excellent cast. Such an engaging production.

https://twitter.com/TheatreDust/status/1223027647233581057

Zitat:
Richard Brent@richardbrent_

31. Jan.

Man, @unclevanyaplay is pitch-perfect production/ensemble for our age (royal we there). Beaut of a bookcase too

https://twitter.com/richardbrent_/status/1223244569254473728

Zitat:
Rachel@Steam_hygienist

31. Jan.

Antwort an @frittaker
Check out the reviews for @unclevanyaplay at The Pinter. Absolutely stunning cast, set and all round fabulous experience.

https://twitter.com/Steam_hygienist/status/1223216370818732037

Zitat:
Sarah Hemming@SarahHemm

30. Jan.

Loved Ian Rickson's beautifully executed #UncleVanya with Toby Jones playing a blinder in the central role. Gorgeous, all-too pertinent production of a great play. ***** https://ft.com/content/adf70afe-4359-11 ... 7a29cd66fe via @financialtimes

https://twitter.com/SarahHemm/status/1222918274238816256

Zitat:
Claire Bendall@bendall_claire

31. Jan.

Just perfect ! @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre Uncle Vanya is the uncle of all productions with a fab cast, beautiful set design and lighting. Stunning performance.

https://twitter.com/bendall_claire/status/1223348366664458241

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 10:36 

Die ersten Meinungsäußerungen zu den Aufführungen im Februar - Tweets zum 01.02.2020:

Zitat:
Alex Musgrave@Amusgrave01

1. Feb.

Just on my way home from seeing @unclevanyaplay at the Harold Pinter Theatre. It’s the most exquisite piece of theatre. Beautiful lighting design by @BrunoPoetLights

https://twitter.com/Amusgrave01/status/1223381189152722949

Zitat:
Rita Maltese@RitaMaltese3

1. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay thanks for one of the most amazing night in my life! Beautiful theatre, stunning lighting and set, thought/soul provoking & hilarious play, extraordinary cast! Blessed to meet Ciarán Hinds, Peter Wight, Toby Jones and @RCArmitage at the Stage Door #DreamsComeTrue

https://twitter.com/RitaMaltese3/status/1223417317557702656

Zitat:
Rita Maltese@RitaMaltese3

2. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay tonight performance was astonishing, all the cast was exceedingly perfect. Great intensity both in laughing and emotional scenes, with a top chemistry between @RosalindEleazar and @RCArmitage

It was great to meet them all, a most cherished memory for me

https://twitter.com/RitaMaltese3/status/1223752008399773696

Zitat:
Maria Grazia@SMaryG

1. Feb.

Great night at the Harold Pinter Theatre in London. @unclevanyaplay is a brilliant show with a super awesome cast

https://twitter.com/SMaryG/status/1223407398016241664

Zitat:
Maria Grazia@SMaryG

2. Feb.

It's been good to be in London for a few days and, especially, to be able to enjoy a couple of nights at the theatre. @RCArmitage as Dr Astrov was a joy to my heart, mind and eyes. Don't miss the chance to see @unclevanyaplay
if you love him!

https://twitter.com/SMaryG/status/1224037527553748994

Zitat:
Heidi@heidi_holloway

2. Feb.

Tonight @unclevanyaplay Such beautiful stage & lightning Wonderful characters & play and amazing ensemble
Funny, touching , profound... They got standing ovations from us

https://twitter.com/heidi_holloway/status/1223754408997150722

Zitat:
tina bull@tinabull9

1. Feb.

Home after seeing today's matinee of @unclevanyaplay. Wow, just wow. Was amazing! Fantastic cast, @RCArmitage #tobyjones #ciaranhinds. The set design was beautiful. Absolutely loved it all. Thank you and Congratulations to all involved.

https://twitter.com/tinabull9/status/1223727346089414657

Zitat:
Sharon Moloney@mysharonaflute

1. Feb.

Enjoying @unclevanyaplay this evening - #TobyJones is excellent and the set is stunning!

And #CiaranHinds and #AimeeLouWood totally gripping in the second half. An excellent evening of thought-provoking theatre, go see it if you can.

https://twitter.com/mysharonaflute/status/1223709756591919104

Zitat:
Caroline Coates@THE_CHELSEAGIRL

1. Feb.

Thank you to everyone in @unclevanyaplay What a superb production, I loved it. So much to think about! Some wonderful laughs too. Oh to be THAT good at acting or anything!!

https://twitter.com/THE_CHELSEAGIRL/status/1223676429789028352

Zitat:
Rachel Williams@billiwilliams

1. Feb.

4. @unclevanyaplay at @HPinterTheatre. Believe the hype, it’s utterly brilliant. Conor McPherson’s adaptation of the text is joyous. Toby Jones is a marvel. It looks so beautifully Chekhovian. Loved it.

https://twitter.com/billiwilliams/status/1223675918943686656

Zitat:
Nicola@tangerinebean

1. Feb.

Been to @unclevanyaplay this afternoon. It was just fabulous. I've seen this Chekhov play before, just this version was perfection!

https://twitter.com/tangerinebean/status/1223666804347887620

Zitat:
robster@robsutton

2. Feb.

Aimee Lou Wood was magnificent last night in @unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/robsutton/status/1223894705055969282

Zitat:
Caroline@faceisaness

2. Feb.

Antwort an @unclevanyaplay An absolutely fantastic production, bittersweet funny and heartbreaking all at once. That set is just beautiful.

https://twitter.com/faceisaness/status/1224048593415344128

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 12:06 

Eindrücke vom 04.02.2020:

Zitat:
Nick Harris@NickHarrisActor

4. Feb.

Just back from @HPinterTheatre watching @unclevanyaplay Absolutely superb night watching the very best that the West End can offer. Crystal clear direction, stunning cast and a magnificent set by @rae_rae_rae2 which was so, so beautifully lit by @BrunoPoetLights

https://twitter.com/NickHarrisActor/status/1224483170206220289

Zitat:
Mind the Blog@Mind_the_Blog

4. Feb.

This is undoubtedly the best Uncle Vanya I've ever seen! Even if you don't think you could engage with Chekhov I reckon you'd be able to make an exception for this one. Stunning set, relatable adaptation, and knockout performances all round. A must-see! #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/Mind_the_Blog/status/1224469772575875072

Zitat:
Brain Tracer@BrainTracer

4. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre is terrific fun. No heavy Chekhov in Conor McPherson's adaptation. A dream cast, gorgeous set.... & it's even pro trees. All grand. #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/BrainTracer/status/1224798565853204480

Zitat:
MadameSouSou@RedRightHand2

4. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay is pure magic! Great cast and production! Do not miss it!

Tweet zitieren
MadameSouSou@RedRightHand2

4. Feb.

Great evening out with the super creative @SotoTsaki @HPinterTheatre to see @unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/RedRightHand2/status/1224827258499686404

Zur Aufführung am 05.02.2020:

Zitat:
Larissa Jayne Oates@LarissaOates3

5. Feb.

Feeling really lucky to have seen @unclevanyaplay tonight @HPinterTheatre What a glorious new production of a classic play!!! WoW WoW WoW The acting was impeccable. Such raw emotions! Chekhov at its best!

https://twitter.com/LarissaOates3/status/1224839101595209729

Zitat:
Rupert Jones@rupert_jones

Just back from @unclevanyaplay this evening - lots of laughs amid the melancholy, and a great cast, topped off by a perfect Toby Jones in the title role. No one does dishevelled better than him...

https://twitter.com/rupert_jones/status/1224838641161265152

Zitat:
irina_garbo@irina_garbo

5. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay Just saw Uncle Vanya, what a true masterpiece!! The cast is brilliant, the setting is gorgeous, everything about this production is top notch.

https://twitter.com/irina_garbo/status/1225126697240006658

Zitat:
Elen Davies@ByrneElen

5. Feb.

What a fabulous way to spend the afternoon. Watching @unclevanyaplay with @nessac Outstanding performances and beautiful set, and very funny too. Go see. #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/ByrneElen/status/1225156765194575872

Ken Folletts Tweet:

Zitat:
Ken Follett@KMFollett

6. Feb.

Let's be honest, Checkov isn't always a bundle of laughs, but this Uncle Vanya is lively and funny and absorbing with a GREAT cast. @UncleVanyaPlay
@HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/KMFollett/status/1225333299901542400

Mehr zum 05.02.2020:

Zitat:
Liza_Elanor@liza_elanor

6. Feb.

I saw @unclevanyaplay yesterday!!! I have no words to express my admiration! It was so excellent! Very emotional. It was the best my birthday and best gift. I will never forget it. From Russia with love

https://twitter.com/liza_elanor/status/1225320064846647296

Zitat:
ConorSheridan@ConorSheridan81

6. Feb.

Ah man feeling sizeably nourished after watching @unclevanyaplay this eve. Phenomenal, phenomenal acting from everyone. All at the very top of their game. Clearly directed, beautifully and decoratively lit. I needed that. Beautiful performances @SFP_London

https://twitter.com/ConorSheridan81/status/1225206461837578241

Zitat:
cecil will be at ECCC NN-15@misscecil

6. Feb.

This production of @unclevanyaplay was truly great. Give Toby Jones all the awards. Also an amazing evening with @ExLibrisNora (this being one of three plays we're seeing while I'm in London)

https://twitter.com/misscecil/status/1225203992306819073

Die private Meinung eines 'What's on Stage'-Kritikers:

Zitat:
Alun Hood@alunjohnhood

6. Feb.

Literally every aspect of @unclevanyaplay is flawless -adaptation, direction, design, cast-heartbreaking, hilarious, real. Standing O at Chekhov? YES. #aimeelouwood most amazing #WestEnd debut since @RosalindEleazar
in Starry Messenger:and Ms Eleazar is now terrific in VANYA too.

https://twitter.com/alunjohnhood/status/1225202251918168064

Zitat:
Ani@AniNomori

6. Feb.

What can I say. @unclevanyaplay has it all. Terrific cast, amazing stage setting, great lighting, humour, trees-beauty in all aspects. A wonderful Chekhov that isn’t heavy. It is giving you laughter lines and food for thought. I love it so much. Still processing it all.

https://twitter.com/AniNomori/status/1225351911282479105

Zitat:
NcutiGatwa@NcutiGatwa

6. Feb.

Incredible acting all round and stunning set and story

https://twitter.com/NcutiGatwa/status/1225228789464080384

Zitat:
David Teatro@bfs_boy

6. Feb.

Conor McPherson squeezes every drop of wit from @unclevanyaplay: it works wonderfully well. Toby Jones is a perfect Vanya, disappointment and regret clear when his mask slips: a dashing Richard Armitage the perfect contrast. The themes definitely chimed with this 50 something!

Perfectly cast. Beautifully lit. This @unclevanyaplay comes highly recommended.

https://twitter.com/bfs_boy/status/1225438158961225728

Zitat:
Dr Hannah Cook@HCookEdin

6. Feb.

Just left @unclevanyaplay and oh my gosh, what an extraordinarily beautiful punch in the chest. Toby Jones and Aimee Lou Wood were perfection.

https://twitter.com/HCookEdin/status/1225545286912815110

Zitat:
Anne Lee Sullivan@DanishChick7

7. Feb.

Last night capped off my 4 days of seeing @unclevanyaplay and what a total joy this play is the set is beautiful, lighting superb and the cast is beyond brilliant

I’ll never hear “alright” again without just bursting into laughter

Go if you can!!!

https://twitter.com/DanishChick7/status/1225679815342059521

Eine Meinung zum 07.02.2020:

Zitat:
Stephanie Bretherton@BrethertonWords

8. Feb.

Hugely enjoyed #UncleVanya @HPinterTheatre last night (treat from a dear friend I studied drama with at Bristol uni). Fresh, lively production with a fantastic cast & brill direction making this play so much funnier and more life affirming than I remember, while keenly relevant.

https://twitter.com/BrethertonWords/status/1226101427828854785

Tweets zum 08.02.2020:

Zitat:
Chris McCann@canntoya

8. Feb.

Saw this belter production of @unclevanyaplay tonight. Toby Jones brings a real sense of sympathy to the lead role. The entire cast is excellent and the set design is visually stunning.

https://twitter.com/canntoya/status/1225922415714275329

Zitat:
Jill@poshgirl64

9. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay fabulous performance of Uncle Vanya yesterday. Wonderful cast, beautifully staged and lit. Fantastic, comedic, dramatic, just brilliant. Well done to all the cast and crew. Awwight!

https://twitter.com/poshgirl64/status/1226526657739132929

Zitat:
Anne@anne_w76

9. Feb.

Highly recommend @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre. Saw it yesterday, @RCArmitage and Toby Jones were stunning! The play stays with you long after you leave the theatre and makes you question how you live your own life. Perfection. #UncleVanya #Chekhov #RichardArmitage #TobyJones

https://twitter.com/anne_w76/status/1226500459684417536

Zitat:
Harry L1me@theboylime

9. Feb.

Saw @unclevanyaplay tonight. Is Toby Jones the greatest living British actor? Yes. phenomenal.Harry tonight. Is Toby Jones the greatest living British actor? Yes. phenomenal.

https://twitter.com/theboylime/status/1226301061100691457

Zitat:
Old Northern Bird No1@knittastically

9. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay The performance yesterday evening was absolutely charged. It's 40 years since I saw a production of Uncle Vanya and it was so far removed from this. The humour, the passions, the poignancy. Petfect cast and last night Aimee Lou Woods just shone.

https://twitter.com/knittastically/status/1226587126227181574

Zitat:
Lauren Laverne@laurenlaverne

8. Feb.

Caught Uncle Vanya at @HPinterTheatre last night. Funny, poignant and insightful production - and Toby Jones in the title role just... *chef’s finger kiss*

https://twitter.com/laurenlaverne/status/1226049848060841984

Zitat:
eva@ereborshobbit

10. Feb.

Saw @unclevanyaplay tonight and it was the absolute best! I went in with no other expectations than seeing good actors but i was mind blown! I can guess it is a very modern adaptation of the play but it was done brillantly! It's funny and heart warming! A pleasure!

https://twitter.com/ereborshobbit/status/1227001268352229376

Zitat:
Alexandra Lilley@_AlexandraLil

11. Feb.

"And beyond the grave, we shall say that we have known suffering & tears, that life was bitter... We shall see evil & all pain disappear in the great mercy that shall enfold the world. Our life will be as peaceful, gentle & sweet as a caress" Absolutely brilliant @unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/_AlexandraLil/status/1227010641246015488

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 12:21 

Damit habe ich die Tweets zu den Aufführungen in der vergangenen Woche erreicht. :hurra:

Zum 10.02.2020:

Zitat:
Alyx Nazir@AlyxNazir

11. Feb.

@RosalindEleazar you were amazing tonight in @unclevanyaplay

https://twitter.com/AlyxNazir/status/1227357465341317120

Zitat:
Tom Hackney@TomFJHackney

11. Feb.

3 long years since this grumpy bugger felt moved to give a standing ovation. @unclevanyaplay
is absolutely exceptional! Amazing performances & incredible production design. Theatre at its highest. #speechless #elated #moved @RCArmitage @HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/TomFJHackney/status/1227357622917062657

Zum 11.02.2020:

Zitat:
Dylan Allcock@DylanAllcock

12. Feb.

Fantastic evening seeing the perfect @unclevanyaplay - what a cast, what a production - fab adaptation and looks gorgeous from start to finish #PinterTheatre #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/DylanAllcock/status/1227374113683103746

Zum 12.02.2020:

Zitat:
Libby Grant@libby_grant1

13. Feb.

Everything about Uncle Vanya was poignant, stunning, poetic. The acting just perfect. It’s rare to see Chekhov played so lightheartedly but, for me, it made the end all the more truthful and harrowing. I’ll be thinking about this one for a while.. @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/libby_grant1/status/1227732404900696069

Zitat:
Jana Bakunina@janabakunina

13. Feb.

I know it’s only February but #UncleVanya at @HPinterTheatre may well be the best play I’ll see this year. Toby Jones (as Uncle Vanya) and Aimee Lou Wood (as Sonya) were outstanding as were the set design and lighting.

https://twitter.com/janabakunina/status/1227829203107827712

Zitat:
Alex Pearson@StarRedrum

13. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre is a heartbreakingly beautiful piece of theatre with a fabulous cast. Men please learn from this piece that women of substance, like #Sonya are worth their weight in gold. Beg, Borrow, Steal or Kill for a ticket, you need to see this production

https://twitter.com/StarRedrum/status/1228084418285391872

Meinungen zum 13.02.2020:

Zitat:
Amber@AmberMcGough

14. Feb.

Without a doubt @unclevanyaplay is one of, if not THE best play I’ve seen. Unbelievably talented cast & who doesn’t love a bit of Chekhov. If you have a chance absolutely go see it before it leaves the West End! X

https://twitter.com/AmberMcGough/status/1228093943948156928

Zitat:
Deadly Knitshade's awkward social media presence@deadlyknitshade

14. Feb.

Chekhov's Uncle Vanya @HPinterTheatre - bitter and bitter sweet, beautiful, utterly broken and unexpectedly hopeful. Toby Jones was phenomenonal, as was @RA_Central, Aimee Lou Wood broke my heart.

Go see it.

https://twitter.com/deadlyknitshade/status/1228307585541066755

Tweets zum 14.02.2020:

Zitat:
Anne@LipstickCherry

15. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay What a superb production. All of the cast were fabulous, and Toby Jones is a master of his art.

https://twitter.com/LipstickCherry/status/1228618409853751297

Zitat:
Arnesa Buljušmić-Kustura@Rrrrnessa

15. Feb.

There are so many adaptations of Chekov’s @unclevanyaplay but last night was undoubtedly my favorite. Funny, haunting, and poignant all at once with phenomenal performances from the entire cast but esp Richard Armitage & Toby Jones. The best Valentine’s day present ever!

https://twitter.com/Rrrrnessa/status/1228647413679824896

Zitat:
.Adam Kustura@toallthings

15. Feb.

Wonderful cast aside, I would like to celebrate Rae Smith and Bruno Poet @BrunoPoetLights because dear god the @unclevanyaplay set was absolutely beautiful, so alive and I wish I could’ve shot production stills

https://twitter.com/toallthings/status/1228658211257036800

Zitat:
Helen Tilley@helen_tilley

15. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay How lucky I am to have seen #UncleVanya last night. A beautiful set and just the most fabulous production, the cast swept me up and immersed me into this play. Funny and heartbreaking, we are still talking about it. Go and see it if you can.

https://twitter.com/helen_tilley/status/1228668095797121024

Zitat:
Liz@LizzoDurin

15. Feb.

Stepped out of York to see @RCArmitage and the rest of this wonderful cast in #UncleVanya 1000% recommend. Thank you to everyone involved for bringing this wonderful play to the forefront of so many peoples minds, and giving us a great performance. Immense

https://twitter.com/LizzoDurin/status/1228764080980320256

Impressionen zu den beiden Vorstellungen am 15.02.2020:

Zitat:
Amanda@ajsaladine

15. Feb.

It was wonderful to be back at @HPinterTheatre today. So many #Betrayal memories! And what an excellent play to take me back there ~ @unclevanyaplay was hilarious and heartbreaking with fantastic performances by the cast especially #TobyJones @RCArmitage & #AimeeLouWood

https://twitter.com/ajsaladine/status/1228770546730532865

Zitat:
Isabelle Dennigan@IDennigan

16. Feb.

Just saw ⁦@unclevanyaplay ⁦@HPinterTheatre Wonderful play with lighthearted moments, poetic set and a perfect cast inc. ⁦@RCArmitage #TobyJones & Aimee Lou Wood. Not to be missed.

https://twitter.com/IDennigan/status/1228818296109178890

Zitat:
Danielle W Higgins@DanielleWHigg

17. Feb.

What a show, stunning production of @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre Amazing acting & the set was beautiful!!! Bonus getting to see @RCArmitage in the flesh. Definitely recommend

https://twitter.com/DanielleWHigg/status/1229430364290080768

Zitat:
CBs.@carmengiorgio

17 Std.

Last Saturday I was in London to see #UncleVanya . A work of exceptional class, staged by wonderful artists.The art, the culture, the passion, the commitment...they are priceless treasures!

and (if you'll ever read this), @RCArmitage , you've been an angel! I should have told you how wonderful your performance was and thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart instead of that silly thing about the scarf

https://twitter.com/carmengiorgio/status/1229824082570547201

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 12:26 

Und damit bin ich in der aktuellen Woche angelangt. Zunächst Tweets zum Montag (17.02.2020):

Zitat:
James McDougall@jamesrmcd

17. Feb.

Utterly standout performances from whole cast and a design *to die for* everything they’re saying about #UncleVanya is true.

https://twitter.com/jamesrmcd/status/1229509276554670081

Hier die Meinung von jemanden, der in Sachen Olivier Awards mit abstimmt: :daumen:
Zitat:
James Quaife@JamesQuaife

17. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre is outstanding, an extraordinary poetic production that captures & completely immerses you into the world. It’s heartbreaking, funny, beautiful & in #ConorMcPherson, #IanRickson’s & @SFP_London hands feels completely fresh & relevent...(1/3)

The @unclevanyaplay cast are all phenomenal & to see this much talent on one stage is very exciting #TobyJones, @RCArmitage, @RosalindEleazar, #aimeelouwood #AnnaCalderMarshall, #DearbhlaMolloy, #PeterWight & #CiaranHinds…(2/3)

Both #RaeSmith (designer) & @BrunoPoetLights (lighting designer) must be celebrated for the incredible & visually stunning world they've created on stage @HPinterTheatre for this production of @unclevanyaplay it truly is a remarkable set design & lit beautifully! #UncleVanya

https://twitter.com/JamesQuaife/status/1229530359001485312

Zitat:
Natasha O'Neill@natashaoneill_

17. Feb.

#UncleVanya @HPinterTheatre was wonderful. Funny, touching, poignant and brilliant.

https://twitter.com/natashaoneill_/status/1229535087584256001

Der Ratschlag einer bekannten Stimme:

Zitat:
Ellen@Ella_4619

18. Feb.

How to rediscover #Chekhov? Go watch #UncleVanyaPlay at #HaroldPinterTheatre! Utterly brilliant cast and stageing! Kudos to everyone involved, especially #RosalindEleazar, #TobyJones and #RichardArmitage! Both heartbreaking and funny!

https://twitter.com/Ella_4619/status/1229686793961906178

Zitat:
Hannibal Latuff@hannibalLatuff

16 Std.

#unclevanya #chekhov @HPinterTheatre Stellar!

https://twitter.com/hannibalLatuff/status/1229839348247531520

Zitat:
Sharon@Sharonmuskebear

18. Feb.

#UncleVanya I'm a Chekhov newbie so wasn't sure what to expect. What a delight it was. Many more laughs than expected interspersed with some sadder, wistful moments. Fantastic cast, wonderful scenery, super production altogether. Well done one and all

https://twitter.com/Sharonmuskebear/status/1229723184028667906

BeitragVerfasst: 19.02.2020, 12:38 

Und damit ist auch dieser Thread in der Gegenwart angekommen. Puh!

Diese Tweets scheinen sich auf gestern Abend zu beziehen:

Zitat:
SarahJGP@SarahJGP

Gosh ..stole my heart @unclevanyaplay. #TobyJones is just outstanding as #unclevanya and as for #Astrov (who knew he was vegetarian) #mustsee

https://twitter.com/SarahJGP/status/1229899485377114114

Zitat:
Stephen's LDN@StephensLDN

12 Std.

Toby Jones leads a fantastic cast in new version of @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatreSuperbly acted - a real must see

https://twitter.com/StephensLDN/status/1229912353409585152

Zitat:
Réamonn Ó Ciaráin@rothramach

2 Std.

@HPinterTheatre Superb cast, enthralling set, depth to production/direction-truly meaningful show of emotional fragility but also primordial resilience- parallell environmental failings & all too slow awakenings @unclevanyaplay
Cast, Crew & #Chekhov from we moderns

https://twitter.com/rothramach/status/1230056967789477888

BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2020, 17:30 

Tweets mit Meinungsäußerungen zum 19.01.2020:

Zitat:
Elizabeth K Mahon@scandalwomen

19. Feb.

Went to see Richard Armitage in @unclevanyaplay
one of my favorite Chekhov plays. The whole production was brilliant, and I managed to control myself. I didn't launch myself unto the stage when he came out. Although I was tempted!

https://twitter.com/scandalwomen/status/1230179624702836737

Zitat:
Caroline Fletcher@CE_Fletcher

19. Feb.

Been to see Uncle Vanya @unclevanyaplay
this afternoon. Excellent.

https://twitter.com/CE_Fletcher/status/1230196850176688130

Zitat:
Lizzie Grant-Adès@ECGrantAdes

19. Feb.

So final thoughts on @unclevanyaplay: a lot more laugh-out-loud funny than expected for Chekhov. Nana and Yelena fierce and solid to watch. #TobyJones was hilarious and watching him do battle with #CiaranHinds at the end was absolutely riveting... formidable sparring partners...

https://twitter.com/ECGrantAdes/status/1230205913560121344

Zitat:
Indica Watson@SiblingSecret

19. Feb.

Just saw a play called Uncle Vanya @unclevanyaplay at @HPinterTheatre

#aimeelouwood and #TobyJones were amazing! Such a talented cast...
#unclevanya #chekhov

https://twitter.com/SiblingSecret/status/1230214160409153539

Zitat:
P3872L@LP3872

19. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay thank you so much for showing me how extraordinary theatre can be! Never expected a play to be so intense. Am quite a newbie to theatre, always prefered to read a good book. Guess that might change now! See you again on Friday! Thank you again to cast & crew!

https://twitter.com/LP3872/status/1230227801044856834

Zitat:
bigfanof@HistoryNThings

19. Feb.

Casting is everything, but what a cast for #unclevanya @unclevanyaplay giants of actors acting so well in movingly poignant Checkhov - really involving characters - it’s why you go to the theatre for nights (well, matinees) like that

https://twitter.com/HistoryNThings/status/1230251684514930688

BeitragVerfasst: 22.02.2020, 18:05 

Eindrücke vom 20.02.2020:

Zitat:
Marc Rafferty@marcrafferty95

20. Feb.

Just seen @unclevanyaplay @HPinterTheatre and my god! That cast, that script, that set! Even from the balcony the atmosphere was something to be in awe of! Please go see this if you can

https://twitter.com/marcrafferty95/status/1230270393442865152

Zitat:
Ninja@Ninja6

20. Feb.

Saw @unclevanyaplay with @TheIncaPrincess tonight! Awesome play, as always @RCArmitage played his character Doctor Astrov brilliantly! Toby's way of playing Vanya was delight to watch Smiling face with 3 hearts Thank you guys, I came all the way from Finland to see the play and wasn't disappointed!

https://twitter.com/Ninja6/status/1230287480160686080

Zitat:
Edward Bartram@EdwardBartram

20. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay at the @HPinterTheatre

https://twitter.com/EdwardBartram/status/1230284036528115712

Zitat:
Seema@sl2016_sl

Well @unclevanyaplay this evening was awesome! Such an incredible cast, all who portray Chekhov’s complex characters so so well on that stage. If you haven’t seen it yet, book & go!(& thank you to the lovely @RCArmitage & #CiaranHinds for taking the time to sign my programme.)

https://twitter.com/sl2016_sl/status/1230279958469259264

Zitat:
Richard James@RichardNJames

20. Feb.

Enjoying #UncleVanya very much at the #Pinter. Stella cast with some laser sharp performances. Beautifully designed and played.

https://twitter.com/RichardNJames/status/1230595742722646028

Zitat:
Neil Sheffield@neiltsheffield

20. Feb.

Wow! What a show @unclevanyaplay and what a ride! Big, big thank you to the brilliant @RCArmitage @RosalindEleazar and #peterwight - loved it

https://twitter.com/neiltsheffield/status/1230601934391926784

Zitat:
Lou Scanlan@LouScanlan1

21. Feb.

@unclevanyaplay was truly wonderful, from start to finish. So much passion and heartfelt enthusiasm. It's been ages since I've been to the theatre and so glad I've come back to it to see Uncle Vanya. Congrats to @RCArmitage and the rest of the cast for an amazing evening

https://twitter.com/LouScanlan1/status/1230778118874505216

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 97 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde