Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 10:11

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 62 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 10:32 
Little Miss Gisborne

Nicht ganz die Coben-Romanvorlage, über die im Fandom spekuliert wurde, aber das macht ja nichts

Zitat:
Richard Armitage To Star In Netflix Thriller ‘The Stranger’ With Harlan Coben & ‘Safe’ Team

The Hobbit and Berlin Station star Richard Armitage is to front a crime drama for Netflix as the SVOD service reunites with the team behind crime drama Safe.

Armitage, whose Severin Fiala and Veronika Franz-directed feature The Lodge is at the Sundance Film Festival, is fronting The Stranger. The eight-episode series is based on Harlan Coben’s eponymous novel and is produced by Safe producer Red Production Company.

Armitage stars as Adam Price in the thriller, which sees a secret destroys his perfect life and sends him on a collision course with a deadly conspiracy. Price has a good life, two wonderful sons, and a watertight marriage, until one night a stranger sits next to him in a bar and tells him a devastating secret about his wife, Corinne. Soon Adam finds himself tangled in something far darker than even Corinne’s deception, and realizes that if he doesn’t make exactly the right moves, the conspiracy he’s stumbled into will not only ruin lives—it will end them.

Coben will serve as an executive producer alongside Danny Brocklehurst, who will also serve as lead writer, Red’s Nicola Shindler and Richard Fee. Madonna Baptiste will serve as series producer. The series goes into production in March 2019.

Coben said, “The Stranger was one of my most challenging novels — and definitely the most twisted. When I wrote it, I never imagined that I’d be part of a dream team of extraordinary talent bringing it to life. I can’t wait to reunite with Danny, Nicola, and Netflix on this remarkable project.”

Shindler said, “I’m really excited to once again work with Harlan, Danny and Netflix on The Stranger. There is a real appetite for contained dramas, and Harlan is an absolute master of keeping the audience guessing and gripped to the edge of their seats with his incredible storytelling. The Stranger is another really intriguing premise, and with this amazing cast to bring these complex characters to life, audiences are in for a real treat.”

Armitage added, “I could barely contain my excitement reading Harlan Coben’s The Stranger; a nail biting thriller with a huge beating heart and a dash of social commentary for extra bite. I’m thrilled to be returning to work with Nicola Schindler and the brilliant creative team she has assembled.”

Larry Tanz, Vice President of Content Acquisition, Netflix said, “We’re proud to bring Harlan’s riveting rollercoaster of a novel to the screen with this expert team of storytellers. With Harlan, Danny and Red behind the camera and Richard in front of it, Netflix members around the world will be captivated by this gripping mystery.”
https://deadline.com/2019/01/richard-ar ... 202543129/

Bild
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1089811092363067393

Sorry Richard und danke an Jessie für die wundervolle Sig!

Thanks to Tumblr for my avatar!

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 28.01.2019, 10:32 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Harlan Coben's 'The Stranger'
BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 10:36 
Richard's purrrfect transylvanian bat

Ja, toll, nicht! :heartthrow:
Wollte es auch gerade posten :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 10:38 
Little Miss Gisborne

Ja, schaun wir mal, was dabei rauskommt.
Netflix bedeutet jedenfalls eine gute Zugriffsmöglichkeit für Fans, was ich auf jeden Fall schonmal begrüße!

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 10:55 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

So, der Armitage-Zug rollt nun also wieder. Sehr schön! Je mehr er macht, umso größer die Chance, dass für jede/n etwas und auch einmal ein "großer Wurf" dabei ist. :daumen:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:17 

Frage an die Expertinnen: Wann hat er denn schon einmal mit Nicole Shindler zusammengearbeitet?
Hab sie eben gegoogelt, aber außer einer direkten Linie zu Sally Wainwright (Sparkhouse) und Nord-England allgemein fand ich nichts... :scratch: aber sie ist wohl in UK allgegenwärtig...

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:20 

Ausführlichere Informationen von der Produktionsfirma:

Zitat:
Richard Armitage To Star In Harlan Coben’s The Stranger

Netflix has ordered 8 episodes of The Stranger, a suspenseful new series based on the Harlan Coben novel of the same name, with Richard Armitage set to star as Adam Price.

A secret destroys a man’s perfect life and sends him on a collision course with a deadly conspiracy in this shocking thriller. Adam Price has a good life, two wonderful sons, and a watertight marriage — until one night a stranger sits next to him in a bar and tells him a devastating secret about his wife, Corinne. Soon Adam finds himself tangled in something far darker than even Corinne’s deception, and realizes that if he doesn’t make exactly the right moves, the conspiracy he’s stumbled into will not only ruin lives—it will end them.

The show will bring together the team behind Harlan Coben’s Safe which debuted on Netflix earlier this year: Harlan Coben is the creator of the series and will serve as an executive producer, Danny Brocklehurst will serve as lead writer and executive producer, Nicola Shindler will serve as an executive producer and produce for Netflix through her company RED Production Company (a STUDIOCANAL company), with STUDIOCANAL as the studio, and Richard Fee will serve as executive producer. Madonna Baptiste will serve as series producer.

The Stranger is the third collaboration for RED Production Company, Harlan Coben and Netflix, following the success of The Five and 2018 hit Harlan Coben’s Safe, which starred Michael C. Hall. The new drama series reunites Nicola Shindler and Harlan Coben with writer Danny Brocklehurst. The 8 x 60-minute series goes into production in March 2019.

Harlan Coben said: “The Stranger was one of my most challenging novels — and definitely the most twisted. When I wrote it, I never imagined that I’d be part of a ‘Dream Team’ of extraordinary talent bringing it to life. I can’t wait to reunite with Danny, Nicola, and Netflix on this remarkable project.”

Nicola Shindler, founder and executive producer of RED Production Company, said: “I’m really excited to once again work with Harlan, Danny and Netflix on The Stranger. There is a real appetite for contained dramas, and Harlan is an absolute master of keeping the audience guessing and gripped to the edge of their seats with his incredible storytelling. The Stranger is another really intriguing premise, and with this amazing cast to bring these complex characters to life, audiences are in for a real treat.

Danny Brocklehurst said: “It’s fantastic to reunite with Netflix, Harlan and RED for another complex, emotional thriller. Richard Armitage is perfect for the role of Adam, and I can’t wait to bring our binge-able new drama to life.”

Richard Armitage said: “I could barely contain my excitement reading Harlan Coben’s The Stranger; a nail biting thriller with a huge beating heart and a dash of social commentary for extra bite. I’m thrilled to be returning to work with Nicola Schindler and the brilliant creative team she has assembled.”

Larry Tanz, Vice President of Content Acquisition, Netflix said: “We’re proud to bring Harlan’s riveting rollercoaster of a novel to the screen with this expert team of storytellers. With Harlan, Danny and RED behind the camera and Richard in front of it, Netflix members around the world will be captivated by this gripping mystery.”

Richard Armitage is a multi-award winning stage and screen actor. Armitage is best known for his role of Thorin in Peter Jackson’s trilogy of The Hobbit and more recently as Daniel Miller in Epix Berlin Station & Claude Becker in Oceans 8. Armitage also voices Trevor Belmont in the Netflix series Castlevania & Logan in Marvel’s Wolverine podcast. He will shortly be seen in The Lodge, directed by Severin Fiala & Veronika Franz (Official Sundance Film Festival 2019) and the upcoming feature My Zoe, written and directed by Julie Delpy.

RED Production Company was set up by Nicola Shindler in 1998 to work with the best writers on modern, innovative and entertaining programming. The Manchester-based indie has since produced some of the UK’s most popular drama series working with critically acclaimed writers including Russell T Davies, Bill Gallagher, Sally Wainwright, Danny Brocklehurst, Dan Sefton and Sean Conway.

RED Production Company has produced some of the UK’s most successful and award-winning dramas, including Russell T Davies’ Cucumber and Queer As Folk, Sally Wainwright’s Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax, Danny Brocklehurst’s Come Home and Ordinary Lies, Lenny Henry’s Danny and the Human Zoo, and Dan Sefton’s Trust Me. Harlan Coben’s Safe, starring Michael C Hall (Dexter, Six Feet Under) and written by Danny Brocklehurst, received rave reviews and is available on Netflix. Their latest critically acclaimed series, Butterfly, written by Tony Marchant and starring Anna Friel (Marcella, The Girlfriend Experience), aired on ITV.

Following a partnership deal at the end of 2013, RED Production Company is now part of STUDIOCANAL’s international production network, which includes TANDEM Productions in Germany and SAM in Scandinavia.

STUDIOCANAL, a 100% affiliate of CANAL+ Group held by Vivendi, is Europe’s leader in production, rights acquisition, distribution and international sales of feature films and TV series, and operates directly in all three major European markets, France, the United Kingdom and Germany, as well as in Australia and New Zealand. STUDIOCANAL is actively developing and distributing high-end TV series through its network of award-winning subsidiary production companies, which includes Germany’s TANDEM Productions (Take Two) and the UK’s RED Production Company (Safe).

With over 70 million books in print worldwide, Harlan Coben is the perennial number 1 New York Times author of thirty novels including Fool Me Once, Tell No One, No Second Chance and the renowned Myron Bolitar Series. His books are published in 43 languages around the globe. Harlan is the creator and executive producer for several television shows including Safe.

Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with 139 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

http://www.redproductioncompany.com/news/richard-armitage-to-star-in-harlan-cobens-the-stranger/

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:24 

Minou hat geschrieben:
Frage an die Expertinnen: Wann hat er denn schon einmal mit Nicole Shindler zusammengearbeitet?
Hab sie eben gegoogelt, aber außer einer direkten Linie zu Sally Wainwright (Sparkhouse) und Nord-England allgemein fand ich nichts... :scratch: aber sie ist wohl in UK allgegenwärtig...

Ja, der Link ist 'Sparkhouse'. Nicola Shindler war Executive Producer der Miniserie.

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:26 

Im März starten die Dreharbeiten:

Zitat:
Richard Armitage to star in Harlan Coben’s new Netflix series The Stranger
Pip Ellwood-Hughes

Richard Armitage will lead Harlan Coben’s new Netflix series The Stranger, from RED Production Company.

Discussing being part of the show Armitage, who plays Adam Price, said: “I could barely contain my excitement reading Harlan Coben’s The Stranger; a nail biting thriller with a huge beating heart and a dash of social commentary for extra bite. I’m thrilled to be returning to work with Nicola Schindler and the brilliant creative team she has assembled.”

A secret destroys a man’s perfect life and sends him on a collision course with a deadly conspiracy in this shocking thriller. Adam Price has a good life, two wonderful sons, and a watertight marriage – until one night a stranger sits next to him in a bar and tells him a devastating secret about his wife, Corinne. Soon Adam finds himself tangled in something far darker than even Corinne’s deception, and realizes that if he doesn’t make exactly the right moves, the conspiracy he’s stumbled into will not only ruin lives—it will end them.

The third collaboration for RED Production Company, Coben and Netflix, The Stranger follows on from the success of The Five and Safe. The series reunites Coben with RED Production Company’s Nicola Shindler and writer Danny Brocklehurst.

Harlan Coben said: “The Stranger was one of my most challenging novels — and definitely the most twisted. When I wrote it, I never imagined that I’d be part of a ‘Dream Team’ of extraordinary talent bringing it to life. I can’t wait to reunite with Danny, Nicola, and Netflix on this remarkable project.”

Nicola Shindler, founder and executive producer of RED Production Company, said: “I’m really excited to once again work with Harlan, Danny and Netflix on The Stranger. There is a real appetite for contained dramas, and Harlan is an absolute master of keeping the audience guessing and gripped to the edge of their seats with his incredible storytelling. The Stranger is another really intriguing premise, and with this amazing cast to bring these complex characters to life, audiences are in for a real treat.”

The Stranger will feature eight 60-minute episodes and it goes into production in March 2019.

https://www.entertainment-focus.com/tv-section/tv-news/richard-armitage-to-star-in-harlan-cobens-new-netflix-series-the-stranger/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:36 

Wow! Sieht nach einem größeren Wurf aus. Die Serie ist nicht nur gelistet, sondern Richard schafft es auch noch, dass sein Konterfei zweimal auftaucht - bereits als Auftaktbild.

Zitat:
51 new British TV dramas for 2019 and beyond

As if you didn’t already have enough to watch, here are the new UK TV dramas (and a couple of comedies) arriving this year and beyond…

Fresh TV dramas from Russell T. Davies, Shane Meadows and Sally Wainwright are coming our way over the next year or so, along with a host of exciting new writers, directors and projects, and the blessed arrival of some long-anticipated adaptations (Good Omens! His Dark Materials! The War Of The Worlds! Finally!).

Here’s a look ahead to what UK production companies have been cooking up for our viewing pleasure in 2019 and beyond…

[...]

The Stranger

Announced in January 2019, so likely to arrive next year is The Stranger, a new Harlan Coben adaptation coming to Netflix. Nicola Shindler's British production company RED (The Five, Safe) has been commissioned to make an eight-episode thriller about Adam Price, a man with a seemingly perfect life "until one night a stranger sits next to him in a bar and tells him a devastating secret." Things quickly become dark and tangled for Price, who'll be played by the marvellous Richard Armitage.

[...]

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/british-tv-drama/59383/51-new-british-tv-dramas-for-2019-and-beyond

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:40 

Laudine hat geschrieben:
Minou hat geschrieben:

Ja, der Link ist 'Sparkhouse'. Nicola Shindler war Executive Producer der Miniserie.

Hier die Bestätigung aus berufenem Munde: ;)

Zitat:
Nicola Shindler@NicolaShindler

Nicola Shindler hat RED Production Co. retweetet

Cant wait to bring you the new @HarlanCoben thriller for @NetflixUK staring the brilliant Richard Armitage, last Red Production Sparkhouse so many many years ago!

https://twitter.com/NicolaShindler/status/1089830748704727040

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:45 

Der Vollständikeit halber noch der 'Varity'-Artikel:

Zitat:
Netflix Orders ‘The Stranger’ With Richard Armitage in New Harlan Coben Series
By Henry Chu

“The Hobbit” actor Richard Armitage will star in “The Stranger,” Netflix’s latest series in collaboration with bestselling author Harlan Coben.

The eight-part thriller, produced by the same team that did previous Netflix Coben series “Safe,” starring Michael C. Hall, and “The Five,” goes into production in March. Coben will executive produce the series along with Danny Brocklehurst, who will serve as lead writer, and Nicola Shindler, the CEO of Studiocanal-owned production company Red. The director has not been named.

Armitage will play Adam Price, a happily married father of two whose life is turned upside-down after a stranger tells him a secret about his wife. The revelation catapults him into a larger world of conspiracy and danger.

Armitage, who also starred in “Berlin Station,” can currently be seen in “The Lodge,” directed by Severin Fiala and Veronika Franz, which will screen at Sundance.

Larry Tanz, Netflix’s vice president of content acquisition, called “The Stranger” a “riveting rollercoaster of a novel.”

Brocklehurst said: “It’s fantastic to reunite with Netflix, Harlan and Red for another complex, emotional thriller. Richard Armitage is perfect for the role of Adam, and I can’t wait to bring our binge-able new drama to life.”

Richard Fee will also executive produce the series. Madonna Baptiste will serve as series producer.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/global/netflix-the-stranger-harlan-coben-richard-armitage-1203120288/

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 11:56 
Little Miss Gisborne

Minou hat geschrieben:

Sie war executive producer bei Sparkhouse
Ups, Laudine war schneller :daumen: sorry, hab ich übersehen.

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 13:35 

Richards Antwort:

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1089840144201535488

Zudem sein Tweet zur Serien-Ankündigung:

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1089840566593036289

Außerdem hat er noch Deadline und Red Production retweetet.

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 13:46 

Redluna hat geschrieben:
Minou hat geschrieben:

Sie war executive producer bei Sparkhouse
Ups, Laudine war schneller :daumen: sorry, hab ich übersehen.

Danke Euch beiden!

Klingt doch prima, eine solide Sache mit alten Bekannten, back to the roots und so. Ich bin mal gespannt auf die Rolle der Corinne, hoffentlich nicht wieder so ein grünes Ding wie Mirs. Keough.
Da muss Pater Ralph Quart wohl noch ein bisschen warten!

Und er ist, glaube ich, auch ganz aufgeregt, es endlich bekanntgeben zu dürfen. 4 Tweets in 2 Stunden!

BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2019, 16:36 

Das Jahr hat noch 11 Monate. Da passt noch mehr rein als acht Folgen einer Serie und ein Film. 8)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 62 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde