Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 23:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 94 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 18:43 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Zur Abwechslung ein interessantes Interview mit der Produzentin:

Zitat:
What it’s really like to be an executive producer

Nicola Shindler, the chief executive of Red Production Company, on the magic of storytelling on screen

As told to Frances Hedges
Jan 29, 2020

In a nutshell, my job involves…
working with writers to develop their film and television ideas, taking them from page to screen. I help get those stories and scripts commissioned, find budget to finance projects and help hire the best creative teams who can bring everything together. From the initial idea to the opening credits, I make sure that we are delivering the best show possible in creative terms, while keeping an eye on the budget.

When I was a child I wanted to be… a football commentator. I was (and still am, when I can face it) an avid Manchester United fan, and I went to every game from the age of three. I often travelled to away games and loved everything about the sport.

I got into this industry by…
working very hard to develop my hobby into a career. One of my first jobs was putting leaflets into envelopes at the Royal Court Theatre. As the home of new writing, it was the perfect place to be and I was eventually given the opportunity to be a script-reader and work with new writers. After a few years, I realised my passion was more on the television side and got a job at the BBC as a trainee script reader.

I love what I do because… I get paid to read, watch television and films, and give people my opinion! My favourite part is having the power to turn great ideas and beautiful stories into something I know people will watch and love. It’s a privilege to be able to do that.

The best part of my day is… taking my bra off! However, coming in a very close second is seeing my children and talking to them about their day. Their perspective on everything, whether it’s school, friends or what they’re obsessed with that week, is always interesting because it’s so far removed from what I do. Work-wise, I love sitting down with a new script for the first time, especially one by a writer no one else has read yet.

The hardest part of my day is… having to talk and interact with people all day long. Being responsible for so many aspects of a television series or film means that a lot of the big problems, challenges and questions come to you. Sometimes you just don’t want to speak to anyone at all!

The aspect of my job that always surprises people is…
how long it takes to make a television series or film. Filming obviously takes time, but it’s the development phase that can be the most protracted: getting an initial idea to screen can take several years. Once you’re in production, most of the groundwork has been done.

The three skills that help me succeed are…
reading very quickly, having confidence in my opinions and hopefully being a people person!

The biggest change in my industry at the moment is… the money side of the business, as for most industries. The budgets in film and TV often work differently: whereas I have to be very conscious of how much money is flowing into the television side and make sure that the funds we have are spent on the right things, equally, I have to be aware of how much money is flowing out of the film business.

My role model is…
the British television producer Beryl Vertue. She is an industry veteran, setting up her own business in the 1980s and producing some of the best television out there, such as Men Behaving Badly, Coupling and Sherlock.

The one thing I wish I’d known when I started out is…
to enjoy the nights out more, because they eventually stop! I don’t go out much anymore at all: not only am I too busy to attend swanky events nowadays, there also simply aren’t as many of them. It’s definitely not all champagne and air kisses these days…

Anyone wanting to do my job should begin by…
reading and watching everything. Find out which television, films and writers you like, and develop you own style and tastes. Whether it’s magazine and newspapers, or classic novels and bestsellers, read everything because you never know where you might spot a good story that is just dying to be told.

In ten years’ time, I’d like to be… still as in love with my job as I am now. As long I get up and enjoy what I do, I’ll be happy.

Harlan Coben’s ‘The Stranger’ will air on Netflix on 30 January.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/people-parties/bazaar-at-work/a30690463/what-its-really-like-nicola-shindler/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=social

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 12.02.2020, 18:43 

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 18:54 

Das Interview zu Richards Tweet zum 'Stranger'-Start:

Laudine hat geschrieben:
Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1222795079091392512

Dazu die Antwort:

Zitat:
Jacob Dudman@jacobdudman_

Antwort an @RCArmitage @NetflixUK und @netflix

Ah! Massive amounts of love for you, Richard! Thank you so much

https://twitter.com/jacobdudman_/status/1222917815142764544

Zitat:
Jacob Dudman won’t be a stranger much longer

Star of new Netflix show The Stranger, the 22-year-old talks impostor syndrome, impressions and how he became an actor by mistake

Words: Jonathan Wells

While it’s likely you’ve never heard of Jacob Dudman, you’ve almost certainly heard him. At just 22-years-old, the young Brit is already one of our most prolific voice actors — having leant his vocal stylings to countless audiobooks after a series of truly uncanny impressions sent him trending into the Twittersphere around five years ago.

These days, armed with affable charm and a 110k-strong-subscribed YouTube channel, the impressionist has branched out into a more visible acting world. And, today, he’s distant down a crackly phone line — doing his best impression of someone who can actually hear my questions.

“Hello?” comes Dudman’s dim voice. “Can you hear me now? How about now? Now? I’m sorry, I’m kind of in the middle of a field. I promise I’m not just buying time to work out what to say. Hold on, I’ll just stand still. Is that better?”

It is. As are Dudman’s efforts to make this interview work — most actors would hang up after the third glitch. But instead, the Surrey-born breakout is making the most of a spare hour during filming. Currently out in the wilds of Ireland’s County Wicklow, Dudman is filming a new drama for Netflix, Fate: The Winx Saga. When it hits our screens later this year, it will be the actor’s second original show for the streaming service. His first, The Stranger, drops tomorrow.

“We finished filming in July,” says Dudman of the Harlan Coben adaptation. An eight-part mystery thriller, The Stranger tells the story of a family torn apart by a secret — revealed by the titular troublemaker. Dudman plays the son of star Richard Armitage — he of Spooks and The Hobbit — and is still reeling from his first big-budget, big name project.

“It was amazing!” he laughs. “And such an amazing cast. It really was a bit mind-blowing when I got to the read-through, because I didn’t know anyone else was going to be in it other than Richard. So going into a room with Jennifer Saunders and Anthony Head was a lovely surprise!”

But this isn’t Dudman’s first television project — far from it. The rising star first stepped in front of the camera for BBC’s The A List back in 2018. Another British thriller, the show told the razor-sharp story of a summer camp hiding grisly, nightmarish secrets. “Young people are watching darker and darker stuff, don’t you think?” asks the actor.

After The A List landed on Netflix, Dudman’s global fanbase grew, and he was picked to star in the third season of Medici, a historical drama starring Dustin Hoffman, Sean Bean and Richard Madden. His career, although still only beginning, has already seen a steep learning curve, says Dudman — and not even one he ever intended to embark on.

“I became an actor by mistake, really!” he reveals. “I went to film school to be a director. That’s what I really wanted to do — and still want to do. But I went to an acting workshop to see what acting was like from a director’s point-of-view and fell in love with it. I started going to auditions instead of lectures — and then The A List came up. That was kind of like my drama school; it gave me a great understanding of how a set works.

“Of course, there was initially a sort of impostor syndrome,” he adds. “The rest of the cast had been to drama school and earned their stripes. But then I began to realise the workings of a set, and what people’s functions were. And I became aware that I wasn’t really that important — just a cog in a machine!”

If Dudman had impostor syndrome on The A List, what was it like on set with some of Britain’s elder acting statesmen for The Stranger?

“There was so much to learn from them!” he laughs. “I mean, they’re so skilled. I feel like the younger members of the cast were just in awe of them. And I think my acting got better by osmosis. I never felt like the older actors were teaching me how to act — I just feel like obsessing, or watching how they hold themselves and interact with the cast and crew is more interesting. Certainly more so than thinking, ‘Oh, that little eyebrow wiggle they did there was great…'”

“That being said,” he adds. “On The Stranger, someone told Richard Armitage that I did an impression of him as his character from The Hobbit, and they wanted me to do it. I managed to put it off until the last day, but then just gave it the full whack. He wasn’t impressed. But hey! People think they sound differently to how they do!”

Impression sessions aside, The Stranger looks set to be our early year obsession. Like last year’s Safe — brought nerve-shreddingly to the screen by the same creative team — we’re promised more twists, cliffhangers and blindsides. But what would Dudman say is the main reason you should tune in?

“I think that, because Harlan has created such a world of characters, you have time to explore their arcs, and really get to know this community of people. It’s such a good limited series — because you go in-depth, without it ever feeling dragged out.”

The Stranger streams on Netflix from tomorrow. Want to see more of 2020’s best new TV launches? Check out our definitive list here…

Join the Gentleman’s Journal Clubhouse here.

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/jacob-dudman-wont-be-a-stranger-much-longer-the-stranger/

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 20:18 

Kurz und allgemein:

Zitat:
What is The Stranger on Netflix? British thriller has viewers hooked within hours of its release

The Strangers has been released on Netflix and has a great cast including Jennifer Saunders and Anthony Head

11:33, 30 JAN 2020 Updated16:10, 30 JAN 2020

Other than You, Netflix has been rather quiet on the drama front of late, but that will all change with the release of a new British thriller that looks set to have millions of viewers on the edge of their seats and has already sparked quite a reaction.

Richard Armitage takes the leading role in the series, which is Netflex's latest collaboration with bestselling author Harlan Coben, with the cast also including Jennifer Saunders and Anthony Head.

The official synopsis for The Stranger, which was made available on Netflix on Thursday, January 30 , reads “Adam Price seems to have a charmed existence. Two wonderful sons, a career in law, and most of all, a watertight marriage to his soulmate, Corinne, a teacher at the local school. Adam is living the dream.

Until one night a stranger sits down next to him in a bar. ‘She lied, Adam. Corinne made it up, she was never pregnant. One more thing, if I were you, I’d run DNA checks on your two boys.’

https://www.newslocker.com/en-uk/region/newcastle/what-is-the-stranger-on-netflix-british-thriller-has-viewers-hooked-within-hours-of-its-release/view/

Gleichlautend auch hier:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tv/what-the-stranger-netflix-released-17618550

Und noch einmal - damit wir den Beitrag auch hier haben:

Zitat:
Culture

'The Stranger' Netflix Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: All You Need to Know About the Harlan Coben Series

By Samuel Spencer On 1/28/20 at 6:40 AM EST

Netflix is preparing to release The Stranger, an adaptation of the 2015 Harlan Coben novel. Its cast is led by The Hobbit's Richard Armitage as a man whose world is rocked when a mysterious woman tells him his wife has faked a pregnancy. There are some changes from the book⁠—the gender of the stranger, for example. The trailer also teases a number of dramatic events, murder and plenty of mystery.

When is The Stranger out on Netflix?

Netflix has given the series a release date of Thursday, January 30, when the show will be released at one minute past midnight PT (that's 3:01 a.m. east coast time or 2:01 a.m. CT). The mini-series will have eight 50-minutes episodes, all of which will be released at once.

What happens in The Stranger on Netflix?

The official Netflix summary for The Stranger reads: "Adam Price is a happily married father of two whose life is turned upside-down after a stranger tells him a secret about his wife. The revelation catapults him into a world of danger."

Though there are some differences between the plot of the book and the series (such as the gender of the eponymous stranger and the location, which has moved from the U.S. to the U.K.), the summary of the Coben novel gives potential viewers a wider idea of what to expect. It reads: "The Stranger appears out of nowhere, perhaps in a bar, or a parking lot, or at the grocery store. His identity is unknown. His motives are unclear. His information is undeniable. Then he whispers a few words in your ear and disappears, leaving you picking up the pieces of your shattered world.

"Adam Price has a lot to lose: a comfortable marriage to a beautiful woman, two wonderful sons, and all the trappings of the American Dream: a big house, a good job, a seemingly perfect life.

"Then he runs into the Stranger. When he learns a devastating secret about his wife, Corinne, he confronts her, and the mirage of perfection disappears as if it never existed at all. Soon Adam finds himself tangled in something far darker than even Corinne's deception, and realizes that if he doesn't make exactly the right moves, the conspiracy he's stumbled into will not only ruin lives—it will end them."

Who is in the cast of The Stranger on Netflix?

Adam and Corinne Price are played by actors Richard Armitage and Dervla Kirwan. To the American audiences, Armitage is probably best known as Thorin from The Hobbit trilogy of films, while Irish actor Kirwan recently starred in Amazon Prime Video's White Dragon.

'The Stranger' Cast: Who Stars in Netflix's Harlan Coben Adaptation?

Speaking to Irish News, Armitage said of his role: "I play Adam Price, who's a successful lawyer, family man, a dad and a husband. They are a pretty aspirational family and their existence is happy. They are heavily scheduled with their lives and I feel like sometimes they pass like ships in the night, but it's a good life. Then The Stranger sidles up to Adam at the [soccer] club and drops a bombshell on him."

The eponymous Stranger, meanwhile, is portrayed by Hannah John-Kamen, star of Ant-Man and the Wasp and Ready Player One. Other cast members who might be familiar to American viewers include Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Anthony Head, who plays Adam's father Ed, Game of Thrones' Paul Kaye, playing a violent man trying to track down The Stranger, and The Crying Game's Stephen Rea, playing an ex-cop who Adam gets to help him after a visit from The Stranger.

Making a transition from drama to comedy is Absolutely Fabulous star Jennifer Saunders, playing a close friend of police detective Johanna Griffin (Siobhan Finneran of Downton Abbey) who gets her own visit from The Stranger.

The Stranger is released on Netflix on Thursday, January 30.

https://www.newsweek.com/stranger-netflix-release-date-cast-trailer-plot-harlan-coben-1484344

Zitat:
‘The Stranger’ Cast On Netflix: Who’s Who In Harlan Coben’s New Mystery Thriller

By Josh Sorokach

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:00pm

Acclaimed author Harlan Coben is no stranger to Netflix. The prolific novelist created both the British crime drama The Five and the 2018 Michael C. Hall drama Safe. If you’re a fan of Coben’s work, you’ll be excited to learn that his newest must-see creation, the British miniseries The Stranger, is now streaming on Netflix.

Based on the novel of the same name, The Stranger asks “How well do we really know the people closest to us?” The series follows Adam Price (Richard Armitage), a happily married father of two whose life is turned upside down after a mysterious stranger shares a shocking secret about his wife (Dervla Kirwan). This stunning revelation catapults Mr. Price into a world of danger. Also starring Siobhan Finneran, Hannah John-Kamen, Jennifer Saunders, Anthony Head, and Kadiff Kirwan, the eight-episode miniseries boasts a truly impressive cast.

Want to know more about the cast of Netflix’s The Stranger? If you answered yes, you’re in the right place! Click on the slideshow above. If you answered no, please exit this article immediately.

https://decider.com/2020/01/30/harlan-coben-the-stranger-cast-netflix-richard-armitage/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=DeciderTwitter#/

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 20:21 

Ein, wie ich finde, schwer einzuordnender Artikel: (negative) Buchreview, Überblick über die wichtigsten Figuren und ihre Besetzung in der Serie, kurzer Handlungsabriss und dann ein Nachtreten am Schluss des Artikels:

Zitat:
The Stranger: Harlan Coben’s guessing game is fun for us — but bad for a doting dad in distress

A mysterious interloper causes chaos by spreading secrets in Netflix's second Harlan Coben thriller

David Sexton
Thursday 30 January 2020 12:04

Harlan Coben is in the front rank of second-rate thriller writers.

His stories begin so well, launching his protagonists into an inexplicable but compelling plight, one that seems, moreover, intriguingly connected to a contemporary social problem. You’re hooked. Each chapter ends with a twist, a cliffhanger or a shock. Just when your interest begins to flag, an intriguing new character or alarming subplot arrives.

These stories are so well constructed and paced. They grab you by the simple technique of denying you the information you need to understand what is happening.

First-rate thriller writer Lee Child once commended this approach to me thus: “You ask or imply a question at the beginning of the book and you absolutely self-consciously withhold the answer. It does feel cheap and meretricious but it absolutely works.”

The problem is that, when the solution is finally disclosed, you want it to be satisfying and coherent, intrinsic to the theme of the story. In Coben’s novels, it rarely is. You often end up with a surprisingly humdrum, irrelevant and implausible explanation of the exciting events — such a disappointment.

The Stranger is a major new offering from Manchester-based Red Production Company, written by Danny Brocklehurst, working again with Coben, as they did with Safe in 2018. That series was an entirely original story but The Stranger is an adaptation of a 2015 novel.

Set in “Cedarfield”, an expensive suburb in New Jersey, a key part of its plot involved the local high school lacrosse team. Now that’s been converted to Manchester and thereabouts — and lacrosse replaced with football. Much else has been altered, enhanced to fill an eight-hour run. The Stranger is now female (super-glamorous Hannah John-Kamen). There’s a lot more emphasis on the kids (a druggy rave results in a decapitated alpaca). Casting is much more diverse and new characters have been added.

Yet the original hook remains. Successful lawyer and devoted family man Adam Price (Richard Armitage, Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit), is approached while watching his teenage sons play footie by this weirdly confident Stranger.

She says to him: “You didn’t have to stay with her, you know.” His wife Corinne (Dervla Kirwan) was lying when she told him two years ago that she was pregnant and then had lost the baby. Corinne was faking it. She was never pregnant.

“You should be thanking me, because now you know she’s a liar.” If he needs proof, he should check their joint credit card bill for a payment to “Novelty Funsy”. And probably run DNA tests on their two boys. Then the Stranger vanishes.

Heck! The ultimate nightmare for a doting dad and hubbie. When Adam investigates, he finds it’s true. He confronts Corinne, she stalls him. “I need some time.” “I just need you to tell me the truth!” “And I will, I promise, just not right now,” Corinne says, as much in the interests of suspense-management as anything else. Then she too disappears.

Meanwhile adorable Ds Johanna Griffin (Siobhan Finneran, such a great ’tec) is getting involved, initially through investigating that alpaca massacre. But then, bit of a coincidence, her best friend Heidi (Jennifer Saunders playing it straight) is approached by the Stranger and told a mortifying family secret too. Worse, much worse, follows.

What’s going on? All the characters keep asking each other that, just as you the viewer do. Perhaps this TV adaptation will contrive to tie its disparate elements together more persuasively than the novel. You won’t find out, though, until you’ve wolfed down the whole thing, maybe in a single go. Bingeing often leaves a hollow aftertaste, though, doesn’t it?

Harlan Coben’s The Stranger is available to stream on Netflix now

https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/the-stranger-netflix-review-a4348901.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 20:24 

Wer spielt wen und woher kennt man das Gesicht? Ein kleiner Überblick:

Zitat:
This is where you recognise all the cast of Netflix’s The Stranger from

The woman who plays The Stranger is from Black Mirror!!

Hayley SoenHayley Soen

Netflix has just released a new psychological thriller, The Stranger. It’s been compared to You, is eight episodes of mystery and the cast is amazing – The Stranger couldn’t look much better to be honest.

But, do you ever watch a show or a film where you spend a huge amount of time staring at the characters wondering ‘where do I know you from?!’ – The cast of The Stranger are about to one of those. So to save you driving yourself mad, here’s where you know them all from.

The Stranger – Hannah John-Kamen

“The Stranger” who is the creepy and mysterious woman who seems to know everyone’s secrets, is played by Hannah John Kamen. You may recognise her as Ornela in Game of Thrones or as Sonja in the Playtest episode of Black Mirror. And Hannah is also an actual Marvel star. She was in the film Ant-Man and the Wasp as the main villain, Ghost.

Adam Price – Richard Armitage

Adam Price is happily married to his wife with two children, before The Stranger turns up and tells him his wife might have some hidden secrets. Adam then begins investigating his wife and finding out the truth. Adam is played by Richard Armitage.

Richard Armitage is a 48-year-old English film, television, theatre and voice actor. He’s best known as Thorin in The Hobbit, Heinz Kruger in Captain America and as Gary in Into The Storm.

Corrine Price – Dervla Kirwan

Adam’s wife Corrine is played by Dervla Kirwan. Dervla is an Irish actress who has been in countless TV shows. She was in one episode of Doctor Who in 2008, as well as Safe House, Silent Witness and Amazon Prime’s White Dragon.

Thomas Price – Jacob Dudman

The eldest Price son, Thomas, is played by Jacob Dudman. Jacob is a 22-year-old actor and voice impressionist. He voices several characters in Big Finish audio stories, such as the Tenth Doctor in The Tenth Doctor Chronicles, the Eleventh Doctor in The Eleventh Doctor Chronicles, and the Twelfth Doctor in Dead Media. He also played Dev in TV series, The A List.

DS Johanna Griffin – Siobhan Finneran

Police detective Johanna Griffin is played by Siobhan Finneran. You probably recognise her from a whole host of shows. Besides The Stranger, Siobhan has been cast as one of the lady’s maids in Downtown Abbey and of course as the mum, Janice, in Benidorm. Playing police detectives is basically second nature to Siobhan because she was also a detective in Wire in the Blood, The Moorside and The Loch. She also played Elaine in ITV drama The Confession last year.

Heidi – Jennifer Saunders

Johanna’s best friend is played by comedy legend Jennifer Saunders. French and Saunders, Absolutely Fabulous, The fairy godmother in Shrek. Need I say more?

Tripp – Shaun Dooley

Shaun Dooley, who plays Tripp in The Stranger, has one of those faces you will forever recognise but not know where from. He does TV interviews all the time and it would probably be easier to list things he hasn’t been in, but here we are.

Shaun played Adam in Silent Witness, Jack in Law and Order, Eddie in Married Single Other, Fisher in The Woman in Black, Pete in Benidorm, Greg in Misfits, Kincaid in Wolfblood, Ricky in Broadchurch, Steve in DCI Banks and he was in SAS: Who Dares Wins. I think that’s enough.

John Katz – Paul Kaye

John Katz is played by comedian, Paul Kaye. Yes, that’s Thoros of Myr in Game of Thrones.

Edgar Price – Anthony Head

Property developer and Adam’s dad, Edgar Price, is played by Anthony Head. He’s best known as Rupert Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But you might also recognise him as Will’s dad in The Inbetweeners, The Prime Minister in Little Britain or the guy from the Nescafe adverts.
The Stranger cast, The Stranger, cast, Netflix, Edgar Price, Anthony Head

The Stranger cast also sees Kadiff Kirwan as DC Wesley Ross and Stephen Rea as Martin Killane.

The Stranger is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

https://thetab.com/uk/2020/01/30/the-stranger-cast-netflix-141039

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 20:35 

Harlan Coben über die Änderungen zum Buch und den Castingprozess:

Zitat:
Harlan Coben Exposes the Secrets of ‘The Stranger’

The author of dozens of best-selling thrillers talked about his latest Netflix adaptation and why the most gripping stories are rooted in everyday life.

By Elisabeth Vincentelli

Jan. 30, 2020

There are many writers of best-selling thrillers out there, but few are as savvy about television as Harlan Coben.

Not content with 75 million books in print in 44 languages, Coben, 58, has forged a fruitful collaboration with Netflix in recent years, beginning in 2016 with the original mini-series “The Five” and continuing with “Safe,” starring Michael C. Hall, from 2018. That same year, he made a deal granting the streaming service the rights to 14 stand-alone novels, as well as first-refusal rights to new TV ideas.

His newest Netflix collaboration is an eight-episode adaptation of Coben’s 2015 novel “The Stranger.” It begins as the titular stranger, a mysterious woman played by Hannah John-Kamen, informs the lawyer Adam Price (Richard Armitage) that his wife, Corinne (Dervla Kirwan), faked a pregnancy and the ensuing miscarriage — the first in a startlingly high number of twists and revelations that make the show addictively bingeable.

As with most Coben works, “The Stranger” exposes secrets and lies behind the happy facades of his suburban families, with devastating results. But viewers familiar with the novel will notice some fresh material having to do with the teenagers in the series. Their shenanigans were hatched partly by Coben’s 25-year-old daughter, Charlotte, who wrote Episode 5.

“It was kind of difficult because there’s a story that already exists, so you have to be careful throwing in a whole other side plot,” she said in a recent phone interview. “You change one thing and then weeks later you realize, ‘Shoot, there’s a reason it was set up that way.’”

One key to Coben’s global success is that his books travel very well: All his writing and producing credits so far have come from shows produced outside the United States, including Britain (“The Five,” “Safe” and “The Stranger”) and France (“No Second Chance,” “Just One Look”), as well as Poland and Spain (“The Woods” and “The Innocent,” both forthcoming).

“Harlan writes largely about New York or New Jersey, but his characters and themes are universal,” the screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst, who has worked on Coben’s three English-language projects, said. “They’re usually about families, and they’re usually about love and friendship.

“The biggest complications about adapting the books for us in England always have to do with guns,” he added, laughing. “Ordinary people in the U.K. just don’t have them in the house.”

Coben spoke on the phone last week from his home in New Jersey, describing his ever-evolving relationship with TV and why so many second seasons aren’t just unnecessary; they’re also unfair. These are edited excerpts from the conversation.

What do you enjoy about working in television?

I think my new book, “The Boy from the Woods,” is my 31st or 32nd novel, and that’s a lot of time alone in a room. [Laughs.] So to get the chance to collaborate with people I respect and like has been joyful. Maybe I would not have been nearly as interested in doing this 15 or 20 years ago. But I was lucky to have a very positive experience when I did [the 2006 French film] “Tell No One” with Guillaume Canet, where they kept me involved and I didn’t experience the nightmare stories you hear about Hollywood.

Are those stories part of why your books have been adapted so much outside of the United States? Was it just easier outside of Hollywood?

When I optioned “Tell No One” with France, people thought I was nuts. But I knew I had a much better chance of getting a good film made by Guillaume. And because I like changes, to me it’s interesting to move the story’s location a bit, to have a hybrid of an American sensibility and a European sensibility. I think it’s worked for us.

Can you talk a bit about those changes — the ones you make in your adaptations? The title character in “The Stranger,” for example, is a white man in the book, but on Netflix she’s a biracial woman.

Part of it was, when we started to audition people, the men just weren’t working. It didn’t look or feel right. Once I saw Hannah do it, there was no one else for me. She has the right touch of being a little cool, a little damaged, really interesting and mysterious. She’s a great actress, and with Richard in that very first scene, they just worked.

You changed the gender of the lead in the French production “No Second Chance” as well.

In that series, the director, François Velle, made the suggestion. When I found out that Alexandra Lamy, who is a magnificent actress, was interested, I thought it would make for a great series.

How hands-on are you in the television process?

For “The Stranger,” I was involved in pretty much everything. I probably watched 300 audition tapes for different roles. Some of the big actresses and actors, like Richard or Siobhan [Finneran], we did not audition. Jennifer Saunders I wrote a half-begging letter to. They said she’d never do it, she just does comedy. But I said, “She’d be perfect in this role!” So I wrote to her and sent her the script, and she said, “Yeah, this looks like fun; I’d love to do it.” This is her first dramatic role.

Why do you remain committed to the mini-series in our age of sprawl?

I’m attached to it for now. I don’t think it’s fair to ask people to watch an eight-episode crime story like this and not give you the ending, and make you wait for Season 2. That’s just not fair to me. We’ll do a Season 2 only if we can think of an idea that’s just as good for the characters, but I’m not going to hold something back or not give the full answer in Season 1. And really, the novels don’t lend themselves to more than one season.

Everyday technology, like social media and phone-tracking apps, plays a big part in your plots. How do you use it as a thriller writer?

We all remember those great old movies where you’d see someone desperately call somebody and you’d say: “Pick up the phone! Pick up the phone!” Well, I can’t do that because everybody has a cellphone. If you’re going out with somebody, you’re going to Google their name first.

But that presents new opportunities, too. How easy would it have been to fake a pregnancy before? Where would you have gotten a fake sonogram? Now you find everything on the internet. That makes easier to produce secrets, but harder to keep them. My technology is never particularly cutting-edge, it’s just what’s going on.

Why do you focus so much on ordinary people whose happy lives suddenly disintegrate?

I live in a very nice suburban community in New Jersey, but if you look at the houses, there’s a whole world you know nothing about. It’s a little modern-day Hitchcock — in “The Stranger,” Adam is an ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances. We can all relate to him and Corinne, we can all relate to the bombs the stranger drops on people.

I think that’s what makes for a gripping story. Even the bad guy is trying to do best by his family. He’s just going a little too far!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/30/arts/television/stranger-harlan-coben-netflix.html?partner=IFTTT

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 20:41 

Ein Interview mit Kadiff Kirwan:

Zitat:
Me and my London: Kadiff Kirwan
Actor and writer Kadiff Kirwan, star of Timewasters and The Stranger, lets us into his life and his London. Want more info? Buy the man a G&T next time you see him...

by Max Williams

Published: Thursday 30th January 2020

For a mark of Kadiff Kirwan's comedic pedigree, simply check out the man's CV.

As well as the award-winning Timewasters, Kirwan has popped up in the likes of Chewing Gum, Fleabag (he's the vindicated hairdresser), Inside No. 9, and This Way Up.

Next up, Kirwan is treading a darker path when he stars in Netflix's The Stranger.

Based on his immepecable My London choices, we hope he doesn't stay a stranger to us.

(And yes, he could undoubtably have written a funnier lead in than the above. We'll get out of his way now.)
Me

What upcoming project(s) are you most excited about?

‘The Stranger’ on Netflix which I’m super excited about. It's just launched this month (Jan 30th). It is an eight-part psychological thriller filled with intrigue, secrets, corruption and many many twists and turns. It’s got the most brilliant cast including Jennifer Saunders and Richard Armitage and lots of other wonderful British actors.

I play DC Wesley Ross alongside DS Joanna Griffin played by the phenomenal Siobhan Finneran. We’re the two detectives trying to solve what from the outside seem to be a rather strange set of crimes. But with secrets revealed from an unknown stranger to innocent members of the public it throws into action a chain of events that no one can truly be prepared for.

What is your proudest professional accomplishment?

Hmm…… that’s a tough one. I would say that’s pending. I’m proud of the majority of my work but currently I’m in the lab cooking up something close to my heart, I’m writing a TV show based on my childhood years growing up in Preston.

If you could change one thing about your career, what would it be?

The waiting. Its an actors worse nightmare, the waiting time between doing an audition and finding out if you’ve got the job. It often goes on for months and months and sometimes you don’t even hear back at all. It can be quite frustrating but nothing compares to getting that phone call when you do get it.

What do you hope to achieve that you haven’t yet?

Carving out my own voice in this industry. Hopefully with my writing that’ll happen.

Outside of your family, who is / was your biggest inspiration?

The Queen of England. She’s an absolute DON!

Tell us something nobody knows about you…

Ha! Why would I want to do that? Buy me a gin and tonic and I’ll tell you anything you wanna know.

My London

What do you love most about London?

The energy. The pace. The fact that its always busy and that whatever the day you can always find something free and cool to do.

What would you change about London?

The cost of the underground.

What is your favourite London pub / bar?

The Mitre in Greenwich. They do a cracking Sunday roast. And the place is filled with clocks. Lots and lots of clocks.

What is your favourite London restaurant?

The Unity Diner in Aldgate! They do the most incredible vegan fish and chips.

Where would you take someone on a London date?

National Portrait Gallery followed by drinks on the Southbank. Can’t go wrong with a bit of culture and a bit of booze.

If you’re visiting London, what’s the one thing you MUST do?

Go to the National Theatre. It’s an ugly building that’s filled with magic.

The Stranger is out now on Netflix

https://squaremile.com/features/me-and-my-london/kadiff-kirwan-interview/

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 23:53 

Hier gibt es noch 24 Tage ein Radiointerview mit Hannah John-Kamen:

Zitat:
UK actress Hannah John-Kamen talks about Netflix thriller 'The Stranger'

UK actress Hannah John-Kamen talks about her new Netflix mystery-thriller miniseries, The Stranger, based on the Harlan Coben novel of the same name.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000f0pw

BeitragVerfasst: 12.02.2020, 23:57 

Ein Interview mit dem Regisseur der meisten Folgen Daniel O'Hara:

Zitat:
Daniel O'Hara, director of Netflix's The Stranger, speaks with IFTN

07 Feb 2020 : Nathan Griffin

We caught up with Irish director Daniel O’Hara, co-director of Netflix’s adaptation of Harlan Coben’s The Stranger, to find out more about the making of the show, working with Irish talent and the differences between traditional and non-linear productions.

Produced by Red Production Company, The Stranger is helmed by Irish directors Hannah Quinn and Daniel O’Hara, and produced by Madonna Baptiste. Starring Richard Armitage, Dervla Kirwan, Stephen Rea, Siobhan Finneran, Hannah John-Kamen, Brandon Fellows and Jacob Dudman, the show is based on Harlan Coben’s bestselling novel of the same name.

The Stranger follows Adam Price (Armitage), who seems to have a charmed existence; two wonderful sons, a career in law, and most of all, a watertight marriage to his soulmate, Corinne (Kirwan), a teacher at the local school. However, when a stranger (Hohn-Kamen) sits down next to him in a bar and makes a shocking claim about his wife, he becomes entangled in a mystery as he desperately searches for answers.

O’Hara is a director from Dublin, based in Edinburgh. He has directed television projects for a wide range of international broadcasters and content providers, including Netflix, BBC, Sky, RTÉ, and TG4, on shows including Harlan Coben’s The Stranger, Brassic, Doctor Who and Being Human. His first came to prominence with his critically acclaimed short films, Yu Ming Is Ainm Dom (2003) and Fluent Dysphasia (2004), which have won a combined total of 25 awards at international film festivals.

IFTN journalist Nathan Griffin spoke with Daniel ahead of the debut of the Netflix Original Series to find out more about his experience working on the project.

What can you tell me about The Stranger and your experience of working on it?

“The Stranger is an eight-part thriller, based on Harlan Coben’s book of the same name. The book is set in the US, but like Harlan’s previous work with Nicola Shindler’s Red Production Company, the story has been moved to the UK. Richard Armitage plays Adam Price, whose perfect suburban life is thrown apart when Hannah John-Kamen’s Stranger tells him a secret about his wife Corinne (Dervla Kirwan). Lots of twists and turns ensue!

“I had a fantastic experience working on the show. I directed episodes 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8, so after shooting and editing the first block, I went straight back into shooting the finale. I was on the show for a full year - the longest job I’ve ever done, but it’s also probably the most creatively satisfying, because I was able to set things up at the very beginning and then bring them to a conclusion. I had worked with a lot of the key crew before, having shot quite a bit in Manchester, but also having built up good creative relationships on other jobs. And this cast was a dream, an incredible bunch of actors who all brought a really positive atmosphere to the set.”

How did you get involved with the project?

“I directed the last block of Safe for Red the previous year. That was a similar set up in that it was a Harlan Coben / Danny Brocklehurst collaboration for Netflix. They must have been happy with what I did because they asked me to come back for The Stranger!”

There’s a strong Irish contingent working on the show including actors Stephen Rea and Dervla Kirwan and director Hannah Quinn. What was it like working with them and what does it say about the Irish industry having talent in a show of this magnitude?

“I had worked with Stephen Rea a long time ago on my short film Fluent Dysphasia. We kept in touch and it was a real pleasure to work with him again. Every actor who shared a scene with him relished the opportunity and everyone on the production loved him. He’s a legend! Dervla and I had actually crossed paths long ago on the video for Dustin’s Fairytale of New York! I think she brought a great presence to Corinne, a character who we needed to feel strongly about, despite her being off-screen a lot.

“I didn’t know Hannah Quinn before this, though I had seen her excellent work on Blood. There is some overlap between our episodes in The Stranger, so it was nice to share some time on set. We also had two fantastic Irish DPs in Peter Robertson and Tim Fleming, both of whom did an incredible job. I think the show looks great; they helped bring a real scale to it.

“I think the top Irish talent is as good as any out there, of course, we are! The industry is a global one; geography is irrelevant a lot of the time. If you’re right for a project, whether that’s in front of or behind the camera, then you should be on it.”

This is now your second project with Netflix after ‘Safe’ in 2018 – How do you find working with the SVOD giant?

“Netflix has been brilliant to work with. They don’t micro-manage. When they have an opinion or a note, they, of course, let us know and a lot of the time it would be something helpful, maybe something that needed more clarity. Having said that, they were also prepared to listen to our opinion if we disagreed with a note. It helps to have strong executive producers on the production. They all set high standards, so if our team was happy, then most likely Netflix would be happy too!”

How does the work differ from traditional television?

“Obviously there are no ad breaks and we had no recaps or teasers, which was nice. People talk about the hooks at the end of episodes and that's definitely something we kept in mind throughout. It’s such a big element in Harlan’s books too; they are absolute page-turners, so his storytelling really suits the ability to binge. But if you’re making a show where the audience doesn’t get the next episode for a week, you need a pretty good hook too, so I’m not sure that’s as much of a difference as people tend to think.”

Having started your career in Ireland, you have moved towards more UK and now international productions. Have you had the opportunity to work in Ireland again or do you have plans to?

“I’d love to work in Ireland again, of course, absolutely. We are still attracting big international TV shows, so hopefully, I’ll direct one of those at some point.”

With such a sizeable body of work in TV Drama, do you have plans to direct feature film and if so what type of project would appeal to you?

“Yes, I would definitely love to direct features. However, I don’t think the distance or difference between top TV and movies is as big as it used to be. Not in terms of production value anyway. I think the stories that would have been mid budget films in the past seem to have found their home in TV series these days. In terms of what type of film project would appeal, I have been looking at a couple of comic book adaptations. Having had so much satisfaction directing Being Human and Doctor Who, genre definitely appeals. I think you can hide lots of great ideas in the fun of horror and sci-fi.”

The first season of The Stranger is available to stream on Netflix.

http://iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4293221&tpl=archnews&force=1

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 17:42 

Mehr Infos zu den "Teenagern":

Zitat:
Who is Brandon Fellows? The Stranger star impresses as Mike Tripp!
Brandon Fellows attends 'Harlan Coben's The Stranger' screening and Q&A, which premieres on Netflix from 30

Christopher Weston

It's already shaping up to be a year to remember for TV fans.

The Stranger is full of great performances and Brandon Fellows' turn is certainly one of them.

Netflix has scored another winner with this one...

With a palatable eight episodes, Danny Brocklehurst's The Stranger arrived in its entirety on the streaming service on Thursday, January 30th 2020. Based on Harlan Coben's novel of the same name, it's full of twists and turns up until the very end.

It's no surprise that audiences are lapping it up, especially with such a strong cast!

This tale of a family man discovering dark family secrets stars the likes of Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as the titular stranger, Richard Armitage (The Hobbit trilogy) as Adam Price, Siobhan Finneran (Happy Valley) as DS Johanna Griffin, Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous) as Heidi and more.

However, we're here to spotlight Brandon Fellows.

Brandon Fellows in The Stranger

The British actor Brandon Fellows plays Mike Tripp in The Stranger.

He's present in all eight episodes of the series.

It comes across as a role that may have attracted some significant interest, so let's consider the actor's experience before taking it on...

Brandon Fellows: Movies & TV

According to IMDb, Brandon first appeared on screens back in 2015 in the TV series Raised by Wolves. He reprised the role of Callum throughout the comedy series, which tells the story of a family on a Wolverhampton council estate.

His performance was pretty superb, and in 2017 he'd go on to star in the long-running soap Doctors, playing Tim 'TC' Crouch in one episode.

Later in 2018, he scored the role of Claude in an episode of the hilarious historical comedy series Upstart Crow, starring David Mitchell as Will Shakespeare.

Reflecting on his work, it's clear to see that the part of Mike Tripp in The Stranger is his biggest screen role so far, and he sure makes the most of it.

If you're a fan of his work, be sure to check out his Instagram.

There are a number of The Stranger-related posts to check out there, as well as some stylish snaps. We hope you enjoyed his part in The Stranger and we're sure we'll be seeing him again on screens soon.

In other news, is Uncut Gems based on a true story?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/31/brandon-fellows-the-stranger-instagram-roles/

Zitat:
Who is Ella-Rae Smith? The Stranger star's age, Instagram and previous roles
The Stranger

Christopher Weston

It's a series that many have struggled to switch off.

The Stranger starring Ella-Rae Smith has finally landed!

Danny Brocklehurst's series reached the streaming service on Thursday, January 30th 2020 and gave audiences a gripping eight episodes to sink their teeth into.

It's already earned a great deal of praise across social media, with particular emphasis on its stacked cast. In the key roles, we have the likes of Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as the titular stranger, Richard Armitage (The Hobbit trilogy) as Adam Price, Siobhan Finneran (Happy Valley) as DS Johanna Griffin, Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous) as Heidi and more.

From the very start, this tale of a man's world turned upside down by a stranger revealing sinister secrets is wildly unpredictable. It ventures into some startling territory, and there's always the sense that another reveal is right around the bend to catch us off guard.

Along with the aforementioned performers, the supporting cast also does a terrific job of building this web of intrigue, so let's spotlight Ella-Rae Smith...

Ella-Rae Smith in The Stranger

The 21-year-old English actress and model Ella-Rae Smith plays the character of Daisy Hoy in The Stranger.

Although not the series' showstopper due to a great deal less screentime, it's wonderful to see her here and we're excited to see what she has lined up next, as she's also set to star in Sweetheart (she'll play Isla), Suppression (Stacey) and Seance (Helina), according to IMDb.

If you recognised her, perhaps you've seen a handful of these...

Ella-Rae Smith: Movies & TV

According to IMDb, Ella first appeared on screens very briefly in a 2013 short called Kitty Litter.

A few years later, she played Mia in two episodes of the TV series Marley's Ghosts. In 2017, on the other hand, she landed her first film role in Rafael Kapelinski's Butterfly Kisses (she played Ella). It's an incredibly bold and daring piece of work centring on a young man with a horrific secret - an underseen gem of the 2010s which screened at the 67th Berlin Film Festival.

She then went on to star in a number of features, including the Liam Neeson actioner The Commuter (Sofia), 2018's Boogie Man (Kristen), 2: Hrs (Vic) and Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Madame M's Crew).

As for TV, you may recognise her as Fola in Netflix's The Witcher. If not, it's also worth noting that she's been in other TV titles such as Into the Badlands (Nix) and Clique (Phoebe Parker-Fox).

Follow Ella-Rae Smith on Instagram

If you're a fan of her work, the best way to keep up to date with all things Ella is Instagram!

You find her over at @ellaraesmith; she currently has 26.5k followers.

On the day of release, she posted a snap with her co-stars captioned: "Today is the day! @harlancoben’s The Stranger - all eight episodes on @netflix worldwide to binge to your hearts content."

Well, it's safe to say that the binge went down a treat for most.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/31/ella-rae-smith-the-stranger-age-instagram-roles/page/1/

Zitat:
Woman Crush Wednesday: Get to Know ‘The Stranger’ Star Ella-Rae Smith

By Maddy Casale

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:00pm

There’s a lot to feel the love and joy about right now: we’re nearing the halfway point of this month, Valentine’s Day is coming up on Friday, and most importantly, today is Woman Crush Wednesday! Celebrate this most glorious day by reading up on a talented young woman who is just getting started in what’s sure to be a long and successful entertainment career. Everybody give it up for the talented Ella-Rae Smith!

WHO’S THAT GAL: Ella-Rae Smith

WHY WE’RE CRUSHING: Smith plays Daisy Hoy, the girlfriend of Thomas Price (Jacob Dudman), whose father is the center of a twisted mystery that has been set in motion by a stranger (Hannah John-Kamen), in new Netflix show The Stranger, which dropped on the platform on January 30th. The show has already received many positive reviews, including a recent one from Den of Geek US, calling it “an enjoyable and entertaining series that […] doesn’t allow any time for boredom” and Masala.com, which called it “a nail-biting mystery” chock-full of twists and multiple complex storylines that all ultimately tie up neatly. Smith appears in all eight episodes of the Netflix thriller, so if you haven’t already, make sure you binge her performance on The Stranger now while you can!

WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HER BEFORE: At only 21 years-old (with a birthday coming up this month!), Smith has already had quite the impressive career in film and television. Her first credit was in 2016, when she had a two episode stint as Mia in British sitcom Marley’s Ghosts. A year later, she made her feature film debut as Ella in the British/Polish drama, Butterfly Kisses. Since then, some of her notable roles include Sofia in 2018 action thriller The Commuter, Madame M Crew in 2019 star-studded action film Hobbs & Shaw, the recurring role of Phoebe Parker-Fox in both seasons of thriller series, Clique, the main role of Nix in 2018-2019 adventure series, Into the Badlands, and an appearance as Fola in new 2019 Netflix hit, The Witcher. With so many impressive credits under her belt in such a short time, this is only just the beginning of what is sure to be a long and exciting career for Smith.

WHERE YOU’LL SEE HER AGAIN: Smith is already poised to have another big year, with three projects currently in the works. She will play sun-loving lifeguard Isla in romance film Sweetheart, Helina in horror film, Seance, and Stacey in thriller film Suppression (which is currently filming); talk about range! We are really looking forward to seeing Smith on-screen this year and for many years to come.

https://decider.com/2020/02/12/woman-crush-wednesday-ella-rae-smith/?utm_source=DeciderTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

https://decider.com/2020/02/12/woman-crush-wednesday-ella-rae-smith/?utm_source=DeciderTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 17:48 

Ein weiteres Interview mit Kadiff Kirwan:

Zitat:
Interviews
Kadiff Kirwan – The Stranger

By starrymag | January 31, 2020

Q) What are the recent projects that you are working on?

A) Well, I’m about to come to the end of my run in the show Guys and Dolls. I’ve been playing the role of Sky Masterson in the epic Broadway musical over the festive period, a role that was made famous by Marlon Brando. It’s been a wonderfully fun and nice to get back on stage after quite a few years of mainly TV work. But what I’m really excited about is the new Netflix series “The Stranger” that I have been working on is about to come out. It was such a thrilling show to be a part of. We spent six months filming it in and around Manchester last year and we had a pretty awesome time.

Q) Please tell us the premise for the new series “The Stranger.”

A) “The Stranger” is an eight-part psychological thriller filled with intrigue, secrets, corruption and many twists and turns. It’s a story of a normal family going through a chain of events that shake them to their core. It’s got a host of wonderful British actors in it and I’m so excited for the world to see it. I play DC Wesley Ross alongside DS Joanna Griffin played by the luminous Siobhan Finneran. We’re the two coppers trying to solve what on the outside seems to be a rather strange set of crimes. But with secrets being revealed from an unknown stranger, it throws into action a chain of events that no one can truly be prepared for.

Q) What made you want to be a part of the show?

A) For me it was the scripts. They were packed full of action, humor, lots of twists and turns and heart. I read maybe four of the scripts in one sitting, I just couldn’t put them down, which is a rarity for me.

Q) How was DC Wesley Ross originally described to you?

A) He was described as a high functioning junior detective who hasn’t got much of a filter, regardless of whatever environment he is in. Great at his job and openly gay, he is someone who knows himself well and is willing to go that extra mile for his friends and job.

Q) What was your audition like for the role?

A) It was one of the most relaxed auditions I’ve ever had in my career. The brilliant casting team (Priscilla John/Orla Maxwell) made me feel so chilled and respected in the decisions I made for the character that by the time I met the director and producer it kind of felt like it was already my role.

Q) Was there anything you added to the character that wasn’t in his initial breakdown?

A lot of what Wes is was already on the page. When reading the script, he felt like a fully rounded character. I would say the relationship with him and his boss DS Griffin played by Siobhan Finneran was something that got stronger and stronger once we met. We added a few quirks that are quite evident on screen. I’ve never laughed more in my life than when working with her.

Q) What kind of prep work went into portraying a detective constable?

A) For me it was getting my head around the lingo and abbreviations that police officers use. Once I got my head around that it was just learning my lines and serving the text and having FUN.

Q) Were you familiar with any of your costars before you started working with them on the series?

A) Yes! My actual real-life best friend of over ten years who I went to drama school with and trained together with (Hannah John-Kamen) is the titular role The Stranger. Once we found out we’d both been cast the excitement that ensued was that of two mischievous children. That was pretty dope. It’s not often you get to shoot an 8-part Netflix Original series with your best mate.

Q) What have been some of your favorite moments (on screen or behind the scenes) from filming “The Stranger?”

A) There’s quite honestly too many to mention. From jumping over a wall and falling into a ditch to corpsing so hard I could hardly get any of my lines out. It’s been one of the joys of my career shooting this show.

Q) What makes Netflix the perfect home for this new show?

A) As mentioned earlier, when I received the script, I couldn’t put them down. I just had to know what was happening in the next episode. I think the bingeable nature of Netflix is the perfect platform for our show. I’ve a feeling people are going to be watching four to five episodes in one sitting, if not the whole thing. It’s rather moreish and utterly thrilling.

Q) You are a part of social media. Are you looking forward to the fan feedback you’ll be receiving to the series?

A) Absolutely! Good, bad, indifferent, come at me! The show hasn’t even been released yet and there are already quite a few fan accounts dedicated to the show. The brilliant creator Harlan Coben has such a huge fanbase from his novels that I think it’s gonna be that times a thousand once the show drops on Netflix.

Q) What would you like to say to everyone who is a fan and supporter of you and the work you do?

A) There’s lots more to come. 2020 is gonna be a brilliant year, so stay tuned!

http://starrymag.com/kadiff-kirwan-the-stranger/

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 18:56 

Wer Hilfe beim Entschlüsseln des Schlusse benötigt, wird hier fündig:

Zitat:
The Ending of 'The Stranger' Explained
Netflix’s latest mystery saga adapts a self-contained story but leaves the door open to more installments down the line.

The first season of The Stranger, based on the Harlan Coben novel of the same name, is an anxiety-inducing tale of murder, mystery, and secrets. The series spins an intricate web of lies throughout, but the finale reveals some disturbing truths that most viewers will have seen coming along the way. Still, it’s entertaining and engaging all the same.

If the final episode reveals anything, however, it’s that telling the truth doesn’t always make things right. And lying certainly doesn’t, either. This is just one of those shows where there are consequences for actions both noble and deceiving, but in a strange way, it ends on a hopeful note — and leaves the door open for a second installment.

The closing shot sees Chris (Hannah John-Kamen) — the titular Stranger — at the kids’ football match, watching over Adam (Richard Armitage), Ed (Anthony Head), and the other remaining family members. Given that she made amends with Chris in the hospital, it’s weird that she still feels the need to watch him from afar. Of course, it’s also quite understandable since she has no idea if Ed will accept her as his daughter. Talk about family drama, eh?

By this point, it’s also well-established that Chris wants to protect Adam. She might be partly responsible for his wife’s death and his life falling apart, but her truth bombs were well-intentioned at the end of the day. They came from a place of love because he’s her brother, and she took a bullet for him, so it’s unlikely that she wants to set any more stressful events in motion for the family.

By her spying on Adam from far away, it’s suggested that she’s going to remain in the shadows, watching over his family in order to protect them. Protect them from what? Maybe something. Maybe nothing. But if anyone messes with her brother or his family moving forward, she’ll undoubtedly find a way to make their life a living hell. At the same time, the story of Adam seems pretty closed — unless it somehow gets out that he killed Tripp (Shaun Dooley) and covered it up with Johanna (Siobahn Finneran).

Of course, it’s also possible that Chris was taking one last look at them before she moved on in her own right. Her work is done. It’s clear that Adam means a lot to her, but chances are he doesn’t want her being a part of his life considering all of the trouble she inadvertently caused for him. If that’s the case, what happens next for Chris?

While the show contains many similarities to the book, Coben and co. went into it with the intention of changing things up a little — a British setting, new characters, a gender-swapped Chris, to name a few. Furthermore, in the book, Chris doesn’t make another appearance after the showdown with Katz. The show’s closing moments, however, suggests that her story might not be over yet.

Should Season 2 happen, it’s possible that Chris will set forth to new pastures and continue her mission of revealing people’s darkest secrets while blackmailing them for money. In the book, she has a group of accomplices and the plot develops all over America. In the next installment, perhaps she’ll recruit some new allies and the story will expand its geographical scope. Everyone has secrets, after all, and that opens up opportunities for more stories to be told.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/the-stranger-ending-explained/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1580838887

Zitat:
The Stranger ending explained: How all the characters know one another

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Lucy Woodham

Did you audibly gasp at *that* scene at the end of Netflix’s The Stranger? If you didn’t, were we even watching the same show? The Stranger ending finally wrapped up a lot of the loose storylines connecting all the characters together, but you’d be forgiven for getting slightly lost along the way, especially when you find out The Stranger is Adam Price’s half-sister and Katz’s boss was the sugar daddy sleeping with Heidi’s daughter.

It’s like that meme of the guy with the huge map trying to connect everything together. Yeah, that’s really resonating.

But The Stranger ending also left a lot of questions, like is there going to be a The Stranger season two? Will The Stranger mess up the Price’s life again now Adam’s murdered his neighbour? And why did The Stranger give Adam the gun in the ambulance??

Here’s a detailed run through of Netflix’s The Stranger ending explained, and a reminder of how all the characters know one another

We find out Corrine was murdered by Tripp

At the end of Netflix’s The Stranger, we finally find out what happens to Corrine in The Stranger. Corrine, who goes missing at the end of episode one after having a bust up with Adam over her fake pregnancy, has been murdered by none other than Tripp, the Price’s neighbour. The whole time you’re asking did Corrine kill herself? Is Corrine The Stranger? Did Corrine run away with all the club’s money? When really, it turns out she was dead all along.

Tripp stole money from the club, and convinced Bob Corrine was going to blame him

Tripp stole thousands of pounds from the sports club to fund his lavish lifestyle. Corrine, who was the club’s treasurer, knew Tripp had stolen the money, but as a family friend gave him an opportunity to pay all the money back. Bob, the football manager, was convinced by Tripp that Corrine was going to blame Bob for the lost money due to him expensing unnecessary things during a trip to Harrogate.

Bob hired The Stranger to dig dirt on Corrine

Because of this, Bob hires The Stranger to do some digging on Corrine. So Tripp never hired The Stranger to tell Adam Corrine faked her pregnancy. The Stranger only told Adam because whilst digging dirt for Bob, she found out who her real father was (Adam’s dad) and that Corrine had faked being pregnant. As someone big into not having any secrets, she was trying to protect her new found family by telling Adam.

When Tripp failed to repay the lost money, Corrine confronted him, telling him he’d ran out of time (as we saw when they were arguing in his garage). Because of this, Tripp smacks her with a hammer, killing her. At The Stranger ending, we see he buried her in the woods.

Jo makes it look like Katz killed Corrine and Tripp

All of this comes out when Adam is taken to Corrine’s body by Tripp. After revealing all, Adam shoots Tripp, killing him. Jo, the detective, sees Adam has killed Tripp, but decides to cover up the murder by wiping the gun all over Tripp’s t-shirt and putting it back in The Stranger’s house, where Katz had shot both The Stranger and her friend Ingrid. By doing this, it makes it look like Katz shot Tripp and killed Corrine, allowing Adam to go free. The Stranger ending shows The Stranger watching Adam and Jo talk, making me think season two?????

If this scene doesn’t bring on a The Stranger season two, I don’t know what will
How all the characters link to one another in The Stranger

Look, there’s nothing wrong with feeling like you need to be in the FBI to fully understand all the links between The Stranger characters. Episode by episode, you were trying to piece together how one character was working for another, and who was doing something dodgy and probably criminal with another character.

But chill – here’s how all The Stranger characters connect to one another:

The Price family The Stranger

Adam Price is The Stranger’s step-sister. We find this out when The Stranger discovers she is Adam’s dad’s biological daughter. Adam’s dad, who is also a lawyer, was known for sleeping around a lot when Adam was younger, so it’s not a complete surprise to find he has more unknown children.

Killane and The Stranger

Killane’s long lost daughter, Chrissy, is The Stranger. Killane murders his wife in order to keep Chrissy leaving the family home. However, Killane is not Chrissy’s biological father like he thinks he is – Adam’s dad is.

Heidi, Katz, Jo and The Stranger

Katz kills Heidi when she tries to escape her bakery. Katz works for a posh bloke called Powers, and is employed to investigate the person who is blackmailing Powers (The Stranger). Katz goes to Heidi, as she too has been blackmailed for £10,000, to get information on The Stranger. Heidi is being blackmailed because her daughter, Kitty, is a sugar baby, with one of her sugar daddies being Powers.

Jo connects to both of them, due to Heidi being her best friend and Katz being her colleague.

The football club, Price family and The Stranger

Okay, in short, The Stranger was hired by Bob at the football club to investigate Corrine, because Tripp (also from the club) convinced him she was going to blame Bob for the missing money. The Stranger only told Adam Price his wife faked the pregnancy when looking into Corrine for Bob, and after she discovered her and Adam were related. This is essentially what we’re told in The Stranger ending.

Tripp’s family and the Price family

Urrr, anyone else think it’s kind of awkward Tripp killed Thomas and Ryan’s mum, and Adam killed Tripp – Thomas’ best mate’s dad? That’s some serious therapy right there. Both events happened because of The Stranger revealing the fake pregnancy secret to Adam, which caused Corrine to think Tripp had been digging up dirt on her, to which she retaliated by saying he’d ran out of time to pay back the money lost in the football club. This ultimately caused her death. Which in turn, meant Adam went on this investigatory whirlwind hunting down The Stranger thinking she was connected to his wife’s disappearance, when it was Tripp all along.

And breathe.

https://thetab.com/uk/2020/02/06/the-stranger-ending-explained-how-all-the-characters-know-one-another-142436

Zitat:

Netflix's The Stranger's ending explained
Find out what happened at the end of The Stranger

February 12, 2020 - 19:55 GMT Emmy Griffiths

Was The Stranger some sort of fever dream that we all had at the same time? The bizarre (yet admittedly very gripping) adaptation of the Harlan Coben novel was a hit for Netflix, making the top ten most popular shows on the streaming service as fans flocked to social media to discuss theories how it might end. The mystery drama, which began with a missing woman, an alpaca head and a murder in a cake shop, wrapped up by revealing all of the answers to our questions. But for those who are still a little bewildered (frankly, aren't we all?), here is the ending of The Stranger explained…

What happened to Adam's wife?

To recap, all of the drama began after Adam was told by the Stranger that his wife had faked her pregnancy. Shortly after confronting Corrine, who tells him "there's more to this", she goes missing, texting him to tell him to leave her alone. In the finale, it is revealed that a family friend, Doug Tripp, had stolen money from their local football club and was discovered by Corrine, who gave him time to repay the money. However, he then employed the services of the Stranger to dig up information on Corrine that he might be able to use to blackmail her, which is why the Stranger found out information about the fake pregnancy.

After working out that it was Tripp who had tried to dig into Corinne's past to threaten her, she threatens to tell the truth about what happened to the club money. Tripp asks to meet her and kills her when she says she's going to the police, before sending a text from her phone to Adam to cover his tracks. Adam then kills Tripp in a rage, before being discovered by DS Johanna Griffin, who helps him cover up the crime, pinning it on Katz.

What was the deal with Katz?

It is revealed that dodgy police officer Katz murdered Heidi Doyle when he went to her for information about 'the Stranger', who he was being paid to track down on behalf of a wealthy client who was being blackmailed for using a 'sugar baby' website. Katz needed the extra money to pay for his daughter's healthcare, and goes into a rage when he discovers that she is actually being poisoned by his ex-wife in a case of Munchausen by proxy.

Who was the Stranger?

The Stranger was actually Christine Killane, Martin's daughter who grew up believing that her mother had abandoned her when she had actually been murdered by her father. She begins to track down information about people's lives to blackmail them, but also because she was hellbent on revealing secrets due to her family's own history. While looking into Corinne's family history on the job for Tripp, she discovers that Adam grew up on the same street that she did, and after a little research she finds out that Martin wasn't her biological father at all, and that she and Adam share the same dad. This was why she told Adam the truth about Corinne, without trying to solicit any money, because she wanted to help him out as her half-brother.

What happened to Dante Gunnarsson?

Dante was seen running naked through the woods before he was found knocked out cold. After spending most of the series in a coma, he comes around to say that he had wanted to go swimming with Daisy – hence the lack of clothes – but she had stolen them and ran away after thinking that Dante was trying to hit on her. He then fell and hit his head, and that was that.

Who leaked the photos of Daisy's little sister?

Daisy was so angry when she discovered that Mike had posted naked photos of her younger sister online (even though it wasn't actually her), that she spiked Mike with a drug, causing him to hallucinate and behead the alpaca. However, Mike didn't actually post the photos – it was Olivia, Katz's daughter.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2020021284677/netflix-the-stranger-ending-explained/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=social_media&campaign=hellouk&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1581545565

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 21:43 

Zur Abwechslung ein Artikel über Lily Loveless als Ingrid Prisby:

Zitat:
The Stranger on Netflix: Who is the stranger’s accomplice Ingrid Prisby?
The Stranger landed on Netflix last week and fans have already binge watched the series. Viewers are asking - who is the stranger's partner Ingrid Prisby?

By Katie Palmer
PUBLISHED: 07:47, Thu, Feb 6, 2020

Fans of The Stranger on Netflix were curious to find out more about her accomplice. From the first episode Ingrid Prisby drives the stranger (played by Hannah John-Kamen) away in a hurry after she reveals a secret to family man Adam Price (Richard Armitage). But who is she in the series and how does she know the stranger?

Who is Ingrid Prisby in The Stranger?

Ingrid Prisby is played by Lily Loveless, who has also starred in Skins.

She is the stranger’s partner who appears in the very first episode.

Ingrid pops up throughout the series, at the stranger’s side whenever she reveals a damning secret.

She helped the stranger blackmail Heidi (Jennifer Saunders) into giving her hush money.

In the third episode Adam and his ex-cop friend Martin Killane (Stephen Rea) manage to trace the stranger’s car.

The car is registered under the name of Ingrid Prisby, which is when Adam recognises her as the stranger’s partner.

Adam then uses the information given by Martin to try and track her down, which leads him to find another one of the stranger’s victims.

Up until this point some fans thought the stranger was a superhuman - but it would seem Ingrid is supplying her with the intelligence.

The TV series has adapted the stranger and her accomplices in a different way to the book it was based on.

The book, written by Harlan Coben, originally features the stranger as a man named Chris Taylor.

Author Harlan suggested casting a woman in the TV series as he did not want the show to be a direct copy of the book.

Also in the novel, the stranger teams up with four accomplices - Eduardo, Merton, Ingrid and Gabrielle.

However in the Netflix series Ingrid is the only partner, who does sometimes use the name Gabrielle as an alias.

The pair are trying to scam together the money to buy a beach bar out in Hawaii.

Loveless, who plays Ingrid, made her acting debut in Skins when she played political activist Naomi Campbell.

Before joining the cast of The Stranger she starred as Greta in the TV series The Royals.

What is The Stranger about?

For those who are still waiting to watch the series, The Stranger is about an eerie woman who somehow knows people’s deepest secrets.

She targets happy families and reveals secrets in a bid to destroy their lives.

Her motives are a mixture of getting money through blackmailing and battling personal demons she has faced in the past.

Her acts are a way of getting back at the world for what it did to her.

The Stranger is streaming on Netflix now

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1238255/The-Stranger-Netflix-Who-Is-Stranger-Friend-Accomplice-Ingrid-Prisby-Lily-Loveless

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 21:48 

Hannah John-Kamen im Interview mit der 'Glamour UK':

Zitat:
Hannah John-Kamen on how playing Netflix’s 'The Stranger' was 'twisted therapy'

Plus, it’s a TV show with a warning for all of us…

By Josh Smith

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Hannah John-Kamen knows how to play evil. Having played Ornella in Game of Thrones, starred in Ready Player One and the creepy AF Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp, she’s the perfect fit for the title role of THE STRANGER in Netflix’s latest drama.

THE STRANGER comes in like a human wrecking ball, turns up in people’s lives, tells them some truths they didn’t know and creates serious drama. It’s addictive TV at its finest. Here, as the show is released on Netflix and ahead of attending the BAFTA Awards 2020, Hannah John-Kamen talks about finding her confidence, red carpet hacks and why THE STRANGER is a warning for us all…

THE STRANGER is intense AF. What was the first reaction when you got the scrip?

I am a big fan of the author, Harlan Coben, and when I heard they were doing an adaption of the book, I read it. It’s full of twist and turns. The character itself is one to hold on to, she’s a page turning character. When I got the first episode, I couldn’t wait for the next episode. When I am ever attracted to a role it’s because it’s a character driven, story driven script. When you adapt from a book it’s very different to the novel and this was very adapted from the original book with new characters and storylines.

What did you learn about yourself by playing THE STRANGER?

I really learn a lot with every character I play as you don’t know what is going to come out of you when you play the role. For me with this character it taught me more about society and where we are now and a reflection of how exposed we are in this culture with phones, CCTV and access. We are exposing ourselves in so many different ways on social media. That’s what I learnt but I was freaking myself out with where the role was taking me and how accessible I am in terms of the social media and hacking culture. Ignorance is bliss and this is a thought-provoking piece. Do we actually want to know the truth all the time? Or would we rather just get on with our day with a smile on our faces. The access of humanity in social media is a dangerous game and it’s becoming less private, but at the same time we know what we are getting ourselves in for.

Was it an awakening for you?

It’s very Black Mirror-esque, and you are absolutely going, ‘oh my god, this is easy, it’s so scary!

What was the twist that shook you the most?

I am known for playing what people would call villainous roles, but I wouldn’t call them that. I absolutely play roles where I believe there is a reason behind why a character is doing what they are doing, it’s survival. With this role she isn’t black and white, the moving thing was digging deeper into the character and finding her motive and her story.

You do LOVE a complex protagonist and when you are playing those people you have to go to dark places. How do you look after your mental well-being, does it become a therapeutic pursuit?

It’s absolutely therapeutic in its own twisted way. You get to explore emotions you didn’t know you had, and it is disguised as a character. When I play a role it’s a question of, what if? What If you were in this situation, what would you do? To get there how would you do it? I get to go there and explore my own emotions and I get to learn more about my own emotions. I definitely leave the character on the doorstep, though. I can very easily switch that off and leave it in the hands of the director. It is therapeutic and emotional to explore those dark places in your own mind. My motive is always to play the truth of the character. The truth is the most inspiring thing to me. My character in Ant Man and The Wasp wasn’t a baddy, it was survival and it’s about playing the truth of it. You get Attenborough on that situation, as you fight or your fly.

We are all fighting for survival to some degree and that is why these characters are so addictive right?

Absolutely! Yes, and that escapism from our own day to day life as well. We are escaping into something that is resonating with ourselves, too. There is so much power in that.

Your character comes in like a wrecking ball. If you could give someone some home truths in real life who would it be?

If I could sit down with a couple of politicians, that would be great. I won’t say who but that would be great. It would be very therapeutic to get it off your chest.

Now talk me through that stunning BAFTA beauty look…

Hair, make-up and outfit comes in an order. It’s the outfit and then it’s the hair and then it’s the make-up. It’s an absolute artistic team effort. I adore inspirational looks on a red carpet. I went for a very wet look for the hair and vampy with the makeup – I am bringing the vamp out!

Are you quite easy breezy, or does it take a while to get ready?

It will be a good two hours and I love the process of getting ready. It’s really fun, you get to sit down and relax at your leisure and just enjoy it. In my day to day I don’t wear that much make up, but I have my own regime. It’s like having your wedding day every day – it’s so special. I treat it every single time as something special to me.

Do you have any beauty hacks you have learnt from the red carpet?

A hack I have learnt but I always carry a bottle of facial spray that just wakes you up! Give yourself a good spray on the face and you are awake.

The red carpet has become such a platform for change and for pushing conversations. How impactful have you found that in your own life?

It really has. I adore pushing the boundaries with fashion and its self-expression. I feel like with conforming I think, ‘screw that, I want to be comfortable in who I am.’ I want to at some point to do a print which represents my dad’s tribe back in Nigeria.

It’s amazing you are going to do that as it allows other people to feel ‘seen’ in places they haven’t done before…

Absolutely and it’s about setting that freedom and saying, ‘wow I can do that!’ It’s incredibly important. It’s all about being seen for who you are.

Do you feel more empowered and more comfortable in your own skin, than ever before?

I will never not be nervous on a red carpet in case I fall over! I remember the first time I did a red carpet, I thought I was going to faint with all the flashing photography. It is quite intimidating. With my career, age and experience when I approach a red carpet now nerves have turned to excitement. I am standing there now with pride. I feel much more comfortable in my own skin.

Was there a specific turning point that allowed you to feel more comfortable in your own skin?

I remember a point in my career when I was extremely anxious. I was working in a bar. I wasn’t getting the auditions anymore. It was after Viva Forever. It was a learning process of figuring out who I am. I went home to my parents and I sat with my dad in his conservatory and I broke down to him. I felt on my own in London and It’s not happening. My dad said to me, “be yourself, sweetheart.” Really, it’s the words of Ru Paul, “if you are not going to love you how the hell is anyone else going to love you,” - it was one of those chats! It was one of those amazing moments of me stopping to try to please and being me. I came back to London and the first audition I had was Kill Joys, playing the lead in a sci-fi series and I got it. I really think I had a different attitude and more confidence. That was really the turning point for me.

THE STRANGER is available now globally on Netflix and Lancôme are celebrating 20 years as the Official beauty Partner of BAFTA

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/hannah-john-kamen-netflix-the-stranger-interview

BeitragVerfasst: 13.02.2020, 23:23 

Worauf beim nächsten Serienabend besonders achten? Einige Anregungen:

Zitat:
Netflix: 10 Hidden Details In The Stranger Everyone Completely Missed

The Stranger is Netflix's juicy new British miniseries, based on the novel by Harlan Coben. We share exciting clues and layers most fans missed.

by Kayleena Pierce-Bohen
Feb 10, 2020

From the very first episode of Netflix's The Stranger, based on the 2015 Harlan Coben novel of the same name, secrets and lies threaten to shatter an idyllic suburban UK community. As the series progresses, longtime friends and neighbors of Adam Price (Richard Armitage) are revealed to be capable of unspeakable deception, and the greatest secret of all hovers over the Price family like a black cloud.

From fake pregnancies, to covert love affairs, hidden corpses, and revenge porn, The Stranger exposes the dirt on everyone, blackmailing them into submission. As Adam races to discover her true motive and the reason behind his wife's disappearance, clues lead to more questions than answers. Here are 10 hidden details in The Stranger everyone completely missed.

10 THE SONOGRAM

When The Stranger approaches Adam with the heartbreaking news that his wife faked her third pregnancy, he doesn't believe her. The seed of doubt is planted, however, and he dashes home to review the sonograms of his children. After comparing the three, he immediately searches for "Novelty Funsy" online.

What detail tipped him off? His sons' sonograms had the name of the hospital printed at the top (the same hospital where Dante was treated), and the third (the generic fake purchased from Novelty Funsy) dated 2017 did not. They also specializes in fake injuries and fake pregnancy tests.

9 THE COBENS HAVE CAMEOS

Harlan Coben, the New York Times best-selling author of page-turning thrillers, wrote The Stranger in 2015, one of seven novels in a similar theme. Viewers curious to know what he looks like need only watch the detective at the computer in "Episode 2" of the Netflix series.

Good writing apparently runs in the family, and if viewers are paying attention to the credits in "Episode 5," they might just catch the name "Charlotte Coben" flash across their screens. That's Harlan Coben's daughter, who wrote the arc in that episode.

8 WHAT'S IN A NAME?

While The Stranger may be turning random individual's lives upside down, most of them have reasons for her interference. If viewers are paying attention to Martin (Stephen Rea) in "Episode 6," they might be listening for him to reveal the gender of the child he had with his dead wife.

His murder confession simply refers to his child being named "Chris," but the innocent name drop ends up becoming a major clue in the final episode. Even though Adam grew up living next to Martin and his family, he never knew that Martin had a young child.

7 THE BRITISH INVASION

The Stranger novel originally takes place in the United States, predominantly in the suburbs of Ohio, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The Netflix series is set in England, forcing changes to everything from suburban culture to the details of the police investigation.

The original novel had a lot more firearms, but because of the UK's very strict gun laws, they only appear at very key moments in the series. Adam's sons tried out for football (soccer) instead of lacrosse (as in the novel), and every tense conversation was had over a cup of tea and a scone.

6 REVENGE PORN

When The Stranger approaches a woman at a bowling alley and explains pornographic videos of her have been leaked online, the woman explains she already knows about them — they were "revenge porn" from her previous boyfriend, whom she broke up with, and is now engaged to someone else.

The Stranger informs her it was her current fiancé who leaked the videos when she was still together with her old boyfriend, in the hopes that she'd break up with him. So how are they "revenge porn?" In the UK, any pornographic material leaked in that fashion is referred to as "revenge porn" by law, regardless of when it's released, rather than its proper title, "image-based sexual abuse."

5 WHAT'S WITH THE HAT?

Adam is surprised in "Episode 4" when his father randomly decides to show up at his son's football match. His father abandoned his family when he was young, leaving Adam to tend to his sick mother, who ended up dying in front of him (as viewers learn in "Episode 5").

One of the first things Adam remarks on — other than his father's sudden appearance — is his hat. He's never known his father to wear hats, especially not a blue baseball cap. The hat is nearly identical to the one worn by The Stranger, and foreshadows her importance to the Price family as the product of an affair between Adam's father and Martin's wife.

4 SMOKING GUN

In the exciting final episode of the series, Adam and Tripp argue out in the middle of the woods over Corinne's burial site. Adam ends up shooting Tripp after he discovers Corinne's body, and Tripp confesses to her murder. To protect Adam from going to jail, DC Johanna Griffin has to think fast.

She wipes his gun clean and, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene, plants it behind a brick in the wall of the crime scene (Ingrid and Chris's apartment). Since it's Katz's personal firearm, it will link him to Tripp's death, leaving Adam free from prison.

3 THE BOLITAR HOTEL

When Johanna Griffin and her team set up the sting of Kimberley's sugar daddy, they have her arrange to meet him at the "Bolitar Hotel", hoping they can arrest him and use him to learn more about The Stranger's blackmailing as well as Heidi's murder.

The Bolitar Hotel is named after Myron Bolitar, the main character in several books by author Harlan Coben, including his first. Like Stephen King, Coben's novels take place in a shared universe, with characters from one book often making small appearances in another.

2 BOB AND THE STRANGER

Late in the series, viewers learn that Bob, the surly coach of the football club that Adam's son belongs to, is the man responsible for hiring The Stranger. He wanted her to investigate Corinne Price's embezzlement of club funds as treasurer, not realizing it was Tripp who had framed her for his own theft of the money.

Bob was anxious to point the blame on someone else and clear his own name because he feared the community saw him as a desperate opportunist, a rumor Tripp was only too happy to circulate. In the very first episode he reminds Adam that the only reason Bob allowed a player a spot in the varsity team was because his father was a successful headhunter.

1 MONEY TROUBLES

To some viewers, it may have seemed like Doug Tripp's monologue in the final episode of the series came out of nowhere. Why did he steal funds from the football club, especially knowing he could never pay them back? If viewers pay attention to Tripp as the series progresses, they'll note that his lifestyle required large sums of money from the beginning.

He's divorced, and as a PE teacher, shouldn't expect to have the salary to live in one of the beautiful houses that the Prices do. He has a beautiful car, and the costume department makes it a point to dress him in flashy, expensive athletic wear.

https://screenrant.com/netflix-hidden-details-stranger-everyone-completely-missed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 94 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde