Aktuelle Zeit: 29.01.2020, 21:05

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 36 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 06.01.2020, 21:02 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

" Richards Liste" zum Nachlesen:

Zitat:
Top 10 Jewish shows to watch on Netflix and Amazon in 2020!
From meshuganah millennials and families at war to secret spy missions and the coming of the Messiah, here’s our pick of the best shows to watch now!

By Francine Wolfisz January 3, 2020, 12:25 pm

Marriage Story

Scarlett Johansson stars in this comedy drama about a couple going through divorce from director Noah Baumbach (The Meyerowitz Stories). Adam Driver and Johansson play Charlie and Nicole, a talented actress who moved from Los Angeles to New York and an off-Broadway director. When Charlie is offered television work in LA, her discontentment comes to the fore and their relationship begins to unravel. Based on Baumbach’s own divorce from actress Jennifer Jason Leigh, the cast also stars Laura Dern, Ray Liotta and Alan Alda.

Marriage Story is available on Netflix

Messiah

French–Jewish actor Tomer Sisley plays an Israeli intelligence officer investigating a mysterious and charismatic man (Mehdi Dehbi) who gains global attention for apparently performing miracles. CIA officer Eva Geller (Michelle Monaghan) tries to unravel whether he is a divine entity or a con artist. Mad Men actress Melinda Page Hamilton stars alongside Wil Traval, Fares Landoulsi, Dermot Mulroney and Beau Bridges.

Messiah is available on Netflix

Broad City

Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer star as Jewish millennials trying to figure it all out in New York. Take some neurosis and a big dose of chutzpah and the result is this fantastically fresh take on being a member of the tribe. As Ilana says in the fifth and final series: “Now I know that being Jewish is about being resilient – having the strength to survive the Holocaust, perpetual exile, as well as being able to carry a table to the parking lot of Ikea at 91 years old.”

Broad City is available to purchase from Amazon Prime Video

The Red Sea Diving Resort

Based on the real-life rescue mission, the details of which were declassified a few years ago, The Red Sea Diving Resort tells the daring story of Mossad agents and brave Ethiopians working together in the early 1980s to use a deserted holiday retreat in Sudan as a front to smuggle thousands of Ethiopian-Jewish refugees to Israel. Directed, written and co-produced by Homeland creator, Gideon Raff, the cast features Chris Evans as Ari Kidron, the Mossad agent who co-leads the mission into Sudan, alongside Michael Kenneth Williams, Ben Kingsley, Haley Bennett and Alessandro Nivola.

The Red Sea Diving Resort is available to watch on Netflix

The Spy

Sacha Baron Cohen stars as a Mossad agent in The Spy, released this week. Eli Cohen worked undercover in Syria in 1961 -65 and developed close ties with the political and military hierarchy, before becoming chief adviser to the minister of defence. But his cover, under the alias Kamel Amin Thaabet, was eventually blown and he was put on trial and executed by Syria. The intelligence he gathered was credited by then-PM Levi Eshkol as a factor in Israel’s success in the Six-Day War. His story is brought to life by Homeland creator Gideon Raff, who writes and directs the six-part drama.

The Spy is available on Netflix

Schitt’s Creek

Real-life father and son Eugene and Dan Levy star as video store magnate Johnny Rose and his grown-up son David, alongside wife and former soap star Moira (Catherine O’Hara) and daughter Alexis (Annie Murphy). The Roses lose their fortune after being defrauded and are forced to rebuild their lives with their sole remaining asset: a small town named Schitt’s Creek that they bought as a joke birthday gift for their son.

From a rundown motel, they adjust to their new life alongside residents including mayor Roland Schitt (Chris Elliot) and wife Jocelyn (Jenn Robertson).

Schitt’s Creek is available on Netflix

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Series 3

In the third series of the award-winning show from husband-and-wife team Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino, housewife turned comic Midge Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) and her manager Susie (Alex Borstein) leave the comedy clubs of New York for the more exotic Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago and Miami.

Her parents follow closely behind, having only recently discovered the truth about their dutiful daughter.

This Is Us and Black Panther star Sterling K Brown joins the cast.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is available on Amazon Prime Video

The Devil Next Door

John Demjanjuk lived comfortably in Cleveland as a retired Ukrainian-American carworker until his past caught up with him. A group of Holocaust survivors identified him as the Treblinka death camp guard Ivan the Terrible. This riveting five-part documentary tells what happened next. In 1985, he was tried in Israel and acquitted after pleading that he was never at Treblinka, but at a different camp, which was apparently true.

He was later extradited to Germany and convicted as an accessory to the murder of 28,000 Jews.

The Devil Next Door is available on Netflix

Coming Soon: The Stranger

Harlan Coben’s thriller The Stranger has been adapted into an eight-part series. Richard Armitage (Spooks and The Hobbit) takes on the role of Adam Price, a man whose life is seemingly perfect until he is approached by a stranger at a bar (Hannah John Kamen), who reveals a shocking secret about his wife.

The Stranger is on Netflix from 31 January

Coming Soon: Grace and Frankie, series 6

Jane Fonda (Grace) and Lily Tomlin (Frankie) return for the sixth series of the comedy from co-creators Marta Kauffman and Howard J Morris. Grace and Frankie’s lives are turned upside down when their husbands reveal they are gay and are in love with each other. Expect plenty of laughter, tears and mood enhancers.

Grace & Frankie is on Netflix from 15 January

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/top-10-jewish-shows-to-watch-on-netflix-and-amazon-in-2020/

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1214248233200951296

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 06.01.2020, 21:02 

BeitragVerfasst: 12.01.2020, 00:45 

Zwei kurze Ankündigungen, von @mooseturds gefunden: :thankyou:

Zitat:
moose turds@mooseturds

Blurb on #TheStranger in Jan 6 Mirror, 'Top 2020 Telly' list
#RichardArmitage #HannahJohnKamen

Bild

https://twitter.com/mooseturds/status/1214355262229929986

Zitat:
moose turds@mooseturds

#RichardArmitage #TheStranger via Good Housekeeping UK Jan 3 2020, TV Pick of the month

Bild

https://twitter.com/mooseturds/status/1216055923287973888

:thankyou:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2020, 18:32 

Ein Artikel mit dem Fokus auf Adam Price's Vater:

Zitat:
Netflix's The Stranger introduces "a very different role" for Buffy's Anthony Head

By Stephanie Chase and Laura Jane Turner
18/01/2020

Anthony Head is beloved to TV fans for his role as Rupert Giles, the soft-spoken, reliable Watcher on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

So fans may be shocked watching Anthony take on his latest role in Netflix thriller The Stranger where he plays a character who's "not nice," according to writer Harlan Coben.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at the series' press launch, Coben said: "It's a very different role for Anthony.

"I don't think you've seen him quite this sort of frosty, almost, before. He's not nice. Giles, I'm sorry Giles. We love turning people against type."

The series is based on Harlan's novel and stars Richard Armitage as family man Adam Price, whose ideal life crumbles when a chance encounter with a mysterious woman in a diner entangles him in a conspiracy.

Anthony is playing Adam's father and the pair don't have the easiest relationship.

Explaining his character Anthony said: "I was not much use to him as a father. I wasn't very pleasant. I liked my women. I left his mother, and I did go back when she was ill, but then I left again, I think.

"Or maybe not. Maybe I – anyway, I'm not a nice piece of work."

The actor went on to explain that now father and son are tangled up in a legal battle after Adam defends a man who his father is trying to force out of his home.

"He's the only person that's still occupying a property," Anthony said. "And I've got great plans for it. I can't understand why my son's getting in the way! It's just…!

"But it's lots of different stories crossing over," he added. "Also, it explains why he is the person he is. And it's interesting."

The Stranger also stars Ant-Man and the Wasp's Hannah John-Kamen, Downton Abbey's Siobhan Finneran, Jennifer Saunders and Stephen Rea.

The Stranger will arrive on Netflix later this year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30572358/netflix-the-stranger-anthony-head-different-role/

BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2020, 18:38 

Ein gut gemachter Überblick über alle Figuren in 'The Stranger' und das, was die, die sie spielen, über sie sagen:

Zitat:
‘The Stranger’: meet the cast of Netflix’s new binge-worthy mystery-thriller
Harlan Coben writes books you can’t put down – his TV shows are no different

Alex Flood

Netflix’s greatest skill – apart from making bizarre Christmas movies about the Royal Family – is in crafting addictive TV series that it’s impossible to stop watching. Binge-able box sets burst out of the screen at you the moment after logging in to your profile, with new shows uploaded on a weekly basis.

The Stranger, adapted from best-selling author Harlan Coben’s mystery novel, is Netflix’s latest popcorn potboiler. And boy, is it easy to get hooked on.

Transported from the book’s American setting to a small town in the UK, the show starts and ends with a simple concept: who is the titular stranger? When the baseball cap-clad young woman makes a shocking claim about his wife, family man Adam Price becomes entangled in a mystery as he desperately searches for answers.

Similarly, every character in this British-made drama has a secret, one that threatens to destroy each person’s life. We, of course, want nothing more than to find out what that secret is. So, let’s meet them, shall we?

The Stranger
Played by: Hannah John-Kamen

At the very start of episode one, ‘the Stranger’ follows Adam to his son’s football match and drops the news-bomb that his wife once faked a pregnancy. Throughout the series, she pops up, causing trouble for just about everyone. But who is this meddling nobody? That’s the big question, but you’ll have to watch the show to find out

What they say: “She is very mysterious – that’s what’s gripping about it. You’re very curious as an audience member [thinking] ‘who is she? Why is she doing this?’ and that will be revealed in a really, really wonderful way as well. Not just ‘bang! Here it is’. I’m excited for everyone when they binge-watch it to see all of that.” – Hannah John-Kamen

Adam Price
Played by: Richard Armitage

Understandably gobsmacked following the news his wife had stitched him up with a fake baby, Adam is not a happy bunny at the start of The Stranger. Desperate for the truth, he rifles through old boxes of memories – ultrasound scans, old photos, keepsake notes – before finally confronting his partner.

What they say: “I love the fact that Adam isn’t a maverick of some kind – he is just an ordinary guy dealing with something absurd and shocking that has happened to him. I think, as a viewer, actor and a reader, you put yourself in that situation and think, ‘How would I respond if that happened to me?’ What if your wife went missing and how would you keep your family together? That was what interested me about it.” – Richard Armitage

Corinne Price
Played by: Dervla Kirwan

Seemingly a psychopath (who fakes a pregnancy?!), Corinne isn’t the most relatable character at the start of the series. But that soon changes as we learn more about her. After all, if you were faced with the possibility of your family splitting apart at the seams, you’d do anything to keep it together too, wouldn’t you?

What they say: “[Corinne] is the keeper of a tremendous secret. And as a lot of people will testify in their lives, sometimes they do the right thing but unfortunately [what she does] has huge ramifications. From her perspective, she has done the right thing… but there’s this enigmatic character, ‘the Stranger’, who has decided to infiltrate our lives, all our lives and decide that they have the moral high ground and releases certain information to their nearest and dearest. She watches as their lives unravel. But I think we all are capable of telling white lies to lubricate our lives, are we not?” – Dervla Kirwan

Johanna Griffin
Played by: Siobhan Finneran

One of the areas most dedicated police detectives, Johanna starts The Stranger as an unhappily-married maverick who doesn’t play by the rules. As one particularly strange case takes over her life, it becomes clear that the Stranger’s actions could affect everyone, even her.

What they say: “There were quite a lot of funny moments on-set [with Jennifer Saunders], but we’d both be arrested if we told you what actually happened. I want to tell you, but it’s such a shame. There was one very, very amusing time, but we can’t talk to you about it, sorry.” – Johanna Griffin

Edgar Price
Played by: Anthony Head

The estranged father of Adam, Anthony Head is a property developer with no morals. Obsessed with money – and women – this sleazy, ageing lothario will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means turfing an entire estate out of their homes and onto the streets.

What they say: “I play bad guys quite often, I don’t know why, but I’ve always felt that nobody gets up out of bed thinking, ‘I’m going to do something bad today.’ Ed Price is a narcissist basically, and he really opened my eyes to the world of narcissists, they just do shit – and they enjoy fucking somebody over. I can’t defend him.” – Anthony Head

Martin Killane
Played by: Stephen Rea

Martin is one of the unfortunate ‘somebodys’ that Ed Price is trying to “fuck over”. A tenant on the very estate Ed wants to knock down and develop, this grumpy old git is not for turning. He refuses to sell up, but not for the reason you’d expect…

What they say: “I’m refusing to leave my house because of something that’s related to my secret and as soon as I leave the house, shit will hit the fan. At the start of the series, it’s just: ‘He’s always lived there, why should he leave?’ But later, it all changes.” – Stephen Rea

Jennifer Saunders
Played by: Jennifer Saunders

Serving, for the most part, as Johanna’s best friend, Heidi owns a small, cutesy-looking café in town. But as the series progresses, even she is drawn into the peculiar happenings that dog much of the cast.

What they say: “This is [my first drama role]. I have thought about [doing drama before], but nobody else has you see, that’s the problem! It came up at the right time and it was too good to be true really. I was watching [the first episode] like this *covers eyes*: ‘Have I gone yet?! No!’ It was a learning curve. It’s different, I suppose. But filming is filming, whether you’re doing a comedy or a drama.” – Jennifer Saunders

Doug Tripp
Played by: Shaun Dooley

In a world where trustworthy friends are hard to come by, you really need pals like salt-of-the-earth P.E. teacher Doug. Introduced as Adam and Corinne’s longtime neighbour, the grinning dad has a more complex character arc than you’d expect on first meeting.

What they say: “He’s not a sporty guy and he’s not very good at football either. So it was really funny [during the football match scene] and I tend to think I’m quite good at football but I had to be crap for this. But I’m like a kid, I’m like a dog with a ball. I still think I’m 18 in my head when I’m not. So I set off like, ‘Come on!’ and then I’m knackered within about four feet. There was a lot of fun on this job.” – Shaun Dooley

‘The Stranger’ arrives on Netflix on January 31

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/the-stranger-cast-netflix-harlan-coben-2598206

BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2020, 17:36 

Nichts Neues, nichts Besonderes, aber von Richard retweetet:

Zitat:
Netflix psychological thriller ‘The Stranger’ is about to be your new obsession

Step aside You
2 days ago
Hayley Soen

The latest Netflix psychological thriller has been teased and it looks as thought it’s going to be everyone’s new binge-watch. It’s called “The Stranger” and it’s being released on Netflix this month.

Think a Joe Goldberg stalker style female lead, minus the killings, but she knows everything about everyone. The Stranger is from the award-winning author Harlan Coben (Safe, The Five) and is described as a mystery thriller set in suburbia, where one stranger enters the lives of many, unfolding a web of life long secrets and lies.

Here’s everything you need to know.

What is The Stranger on Netflix about?

The official synopsis for the show says: “Adam Price seems to have a charmed existence. Two wonderful sons, a career in law, and most of all, a watertight marriage to his soulmate, Corinne, a teacher at the local school. Adam is living the dream. Until one night a stranger sits down next to him in a bar. ‘She lied, Adam. Corinne made it up, she was never pregnant. One more thing, if I were you, I’d run DNA checks on your two boys.’

“As quickly as the stranger came, she is gone. Adam tries going after her, but it’s too late. As the stranger’s words eat away at Adam, he begins to investigate his wife. To his horror, his greatest fears are realised. When Adam confronts Corinne with evidence that she faked a pregnancy, she flees, leaving only a text message: ‘MAYBE WE NEED SOME TIME APART. YOU TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS. DON’T TRY TO CONTACT ME. IT WILL BE OKAY. JUST GIVE ME A FEW DAYS… PLEASE’.”

The trailer looks incredible. It starts with a family setting their answer phone message – they look perfectly happy and normal. The mother then finds out she is pregnant but then the stranger turns up. She somehow knows all the family’s secrets, and a lot of other people’s too. Who is she? How does she know everything? Is she some sort of Joe Goldberg style I-know-everything-about-you stalker? I need answers RIGHT NOW.

Who is in The Stranger cast?

The Stranger cast includes Richard Armitage as Adam, Dervla Kirwan as Corinne and Jacob Dudman and Misha Handley as their sons Thomas and Ryan. The Stranger is played by Hannah John-Kamen, who you may recognise as Ornela in Game of Thrones or as Sonja in the Playtest episode of Black Mirror.
When is it being released?

Harlan Coben’s The Stranger launches globally on Netflix on 30th January 2020.

https://thetab.com/uk/2020/01/17/the-stranger-netflix-thriller-138907

BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2020, 17:48 

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1218894446131056648

Hier ist der Artikel - besonders empfehlenswert ist die Galerie:

Zitat:
Harlan Coben Series “The Stranger” Arrives This Week – Watch The Chilling Trailer
By MaFt On January 19, 2020

Richard Armitage (“The Hobbit” franchise), Siobhan Finneran (“Happy Valley”) and Hannah John-Kamen (“Ant-Man and The Wasp”) star in the upcoming thriller series “The Stranger” from best-selling author Harlan Coben. The 8-episode series arrives on January 30th and tells the story of a stranger who shatters peoples lives when she reveals secrets about them. One search target is Adam (Armitage) who learns a terrible secret about his wife from The Stranger, he confronts her but she disappears, kick-starting a chain of events with potentially devastating results.

Other cast includes Jennifer Saunders (“Absolutely Fabulous”) in her first major dramatic role as DS Griffin’s (Finneran) best friend as well as Shaun Dooley (“Ordinary Lies”, “Broadchurch”), Paul Kaye (“Game of Thrones”), Dervla Kirwan (“Strike Back”, “Silent Witness”), Kadiff Kirwan (“Chewing Gum”, “Black Mirror”), Anthony Head (“The Split”, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”) and Oscar-nominated actor Stephen Rea (“War and Peace”, “The Crying Game”).

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/harlan-coben-series-the-stranger-arrives-this-week-watch-the-chilling-trailer/

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 36 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde