Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 06:21

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 94 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 06.01.2020, 21:02 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

" Richards Liste" zum Nachlesen:

Zitat:
Top 10 Jewish shows to watch on Netflix and Amazon in 2020!
From meshuganah millennials and families at war to secret spy missions and the coming of the Messiah, here’s our pick of the best shows to watch now!

By Francine Wolfisz January 3, 2020, 12:25 pm

Marriage Story

Scarlett Johansson stars in this comedy drama about a couple going through divorce from director Noah Baumbach (The Meyerowitz Stories). Adam Driver and Johansson play Charlie and Nicole, a talented actress who moved from Los Angeles to New York and an off-Broadway director. When Charlie is offered television work in LA, her discontentment comes to the fore and their relationship begins to unravel. Based on Baumbach’s own divorce from actress Jennifer Jason Leigh, the cast also stars Laura Dern, Ray Liotta and Alan Alda.

Marriage Story is available on Netflix

Messiah

French–Jewish actor Tomer Sisley plays an Israeli intelligence officer investigating a mysterious and charismatic man (Mehdi Dehbi) who gains global attention for apparently performing miracles. CIA officer Eva Geller (Michelle Monaghan) tries to unravel whether he is a divine entity or a con artist. Mad Men actress Melinda Page Hamilton stars alongside Wil Traval, Fares Landoulsi, Dermot Mulroney and Beau Bridges.

Messiah is available on Netflix

Broad City

Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer star as Jewish millennials trying to figure it all out in New York. Take some neurosis and a big dose of chutzpah and the result is this fantastically fresh take on being a member of the tribe. As Ilana says in the fifth and final series: “Now I know that being Jewish is about being resilient – having the strength to survive the Holocaust, perpetual exile, as well as being able to carry a table to the parking lot of Ikea at 91 years old.”

Broad City is available to purchase from Amazon Prime Video

The Red Sea Diving Resort

Based on the real-life rescue mission, the details of which were declassified a few years ago, The Red Sea Diving Resort tells the daring story of Mossad agents and brave Ethiopians working together in the early 1980s to use a deserted holiday retreat in Sudan as a front to smuggle thousands of Ethiopian-Jewish refugees to Israel. Directed, written and co-produced by Homeland creator, Gideon Raff, the cast features Chris Evans as Ari Kidron, the Mossad agent who co-leads the mission into Sudan, alongside Michael Kenneth Williams, Ben Kingsley, Haley Bennett and Alessandro Nivola.

The Red Sea Diving Resort is available to watch on Netflix

The Spy

Sacha Baron Cohen stars as a Mossad agent in The Spy, released this week. Eli Cohen worked undercover in Syria in 1961 -65 and developed close ties with the political and military hierarchy, before becoming chief adviser to the minister of defence. But his cover, under the alias Kamel Amin Thaabet, was eventually blown and he was put on trial and executed by Syria. The intelligence he gathered was credited by then-PM Levi Eshkol as a factor in Israel’s success in the Six-Day War. His story is brought to life by Homeland creator Gideon Raff, who writes and directs the six-part drama.

The Spy is available on Netflix

Schitt’s Creek

Real-life father and son Eugene and Dan Levy star as video store magnate Johnny Rose and his grown-up son David, alongside wife and former soap star Moira (Catherine O’Hara) and daughter Alexis (Annie Murphy). The Roses lose their fortune after being defrauded and are forced to rebuild their lives with their sole remaining asset: a small town named Schitt’s Creek that they bought as a joke birthday gift for their son.

From a rundown motel, they adjust to their new life alongside residents including mayor Roland Schitt (Chris Elliot) and wife Jocelyn (Jenn Robertson).

Schitt’s Creek is available on Netflix

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Series 3

In the third series of the award-winning show from husband-and-wife team Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino, housewife turned comic Midge Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan) and her manager Susie (Alex Borstein) leave the comedy clubs of New York for the more exotic Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago and Miami.

Her parents follow closely behind, having only recently discovered the truth about their dutiful daughter.

This Is Us and Black Panther star Sterling K Brown joins the cast.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is available on Amazon Prime Video

The Devil Next Door

John Demjanjuk lived comfortably in Cleveland as a retired Ukrainian-American carworker until his past caught up with him. A group of Holocaust survivors identified him as the Treblinka death camp guard Ivan the Terrible. This riveting five-part documentary tells what happened next. In 1985, he was tried in Israel and acquitted after pleading that he was never at Treblinka, but at a different camp, which was apparently true.

He was later extradited to Germany and convicted as an accessory to the murder of 28,000 Jews.

The Devil Next Door is available on Netflix

Coming Soon: The Stranger

Harlan Coben’s thriller The Stranger has been adapted into an eight-part series. Richard Armitage (Spooks and The Hobbit) takes on the role of Adam Price, a man whose life is seemingly perfect until he is approached by a stranger at a bar (Hannah John Kamen), who reveals a shocking secret about his wife.

The Stranger is on Netflix from 31 January

Coming Soon: Grace and Frankie, series 6

Jane Fonda (Grace) and Lily Tomlin (Frankie) return for the sixth series of the comedy from co-creators Marta Kauffman and Howard J Morris. Grace and Frankie’s lives are turned upside down when their husbands reveal they are gay and are in love with each other. Expect plenty of laughter, tears and mood enhancers.

Grace & Frankie is on Netflix from 15 January

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/top-10-jewish-shows-to-watch-on-netflix-and-amazon-in-2020/

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1214248233200951296

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 06.01.2020, 21:02 

BeitragVerfasst: 12.01.2020, 00:45 

Zwei kurze Ankündigungen, von @mooseturds gefunden: :thankyou:

Zitat:
moose turds@mooseturds

Blurb on #TheStranger in Jan 6 Mirror, 'Top 2020 Telly' list
#RichardArmitage #HannahJohnKamen

Bild

https://twitter.com/mooseturds/status/1214355262229929986

Zitat:
moose turds@mooseturds

#RichardArmitage #TheStranger via Good Housekeeping UK Jan 3 2020, TV Pick of the month

Bild

https://twitter.com/mooseturds/status/1216055923287973888

:thankyou:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2020, 18:32 

Ein Artikel mit dem Fokus auf Adam Price's Vater:

Zitat:
Netflix's The Stranger introduces "a very different role" for Buffy's Anthony Head

By Stephanie Chase and Laura Jane Turner
18/01/2020

Anthony Head is beloved to TV fans for his role as Rupert Giles, the soft-spoken, reliable Watcher on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

So fans may be shocked watching Anthony take on his latest role in Netflix thriller The Stranger where he plays a character who's "not nice," according to writer Harlan Coben.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at the series' press launch, Coben said: "It's a very different role for Anthony.

"I don't think you've seen him quite this sort of frosty, almost, before. He's not nice. Giles, I'm sorry Giles. We love turning people against type."

The series is based on Harlan's novel and stars Richard Armitage as family man Adam Price, whose ideal life crumbles when a chance encounter with a mysterious woman in a diner entangles him in a conspiracy.

Anthony is playing Adam's father and the pair don't have the easiest relationship.

Explaining his character Anthony said: "I was not much use to him as a father. I wasn't very pleasant. I liked my women. I left his mother, and I did go back when she was ill, but then I left again, I think.

"Or maybe not. Maybe I – anyway, I'm not a nice piece of work."

The actor went on to explain that now father and son are tangled up in a legal battle after Adam defends a man who his father is trying to force out of his home.

"He's the only person that's still occupying a property," Anthony said. "And I've got great plans for it. I can't understand why my son's getting in the way! It's just…!

"But it's lots of different stories crossing over," he added. "Also, it explains why he is the person he is. And it's interesting."

The Stranger also stars Ant-Man and the Wasp's Hannah John-Kamen, Downton Abbey's Siobhan Finneran, Jennifer Saunders and Stephen Rea.

The Stranger will arrive on Netflix later this year.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30572358/netflix-the-stranger-anthony-head-different-role/

BeitragVerfasst: 18.01.2020, 18:38 

Ein gut gemachter Überblick über alle Figuren in 'The Stranger' und das, was die, die sie spielen, über sie sagen:

Zitat:
‘The Stranger’: meet the cast of Netflix’s new binge-worthy mystery-thriller
Harlan Coben writes books you can’t put down – his TV shows are no different

Alex Flood

Netflix’s greatest skill – apart from making bizarre Christmas movies about the Royal Family – is in crafting addictive TV series that it’s impossible to stop watching. Binge-able box sets burst out of the screen at you the moment after logging in to your profile, with new shows uploaded on a weekly basis.

The Stranger, adapted from best-selling author Harlan Coben’s mystery novel, is Netflix’s latest popcorn potboiler. And boy, is it easy to get hooked on.

Transported from the book’s American setting to a small town in the UK, the show starts and ends with a simple concept: who is the titular stranger? When the baseball cap-clad young woman makes a shocking claim about his wife, family man Adam Price becomes entangled in a mystery as he desperately searches for answers.

Similarly, every character in this British-made drama has a secret, one that threatens to destroy each person’s life. We, of course, want nothing more than to find out what that secret is. So, let’s meet them, shall we?

The Stranger
Played by: Hannah John-Kamen

At the very start of episode one, ‘the Stranger’ follows Adam to his son’s football match and drops the news-bomb that his wife once faked a pregnancy. Throughout the series, she pops up, causing trouble for just about everyone. But who is this meddling nobody? That’s the big question, but you’ll have to watch the show to find out

What they say: “She is very mysterious – that’s what’s gripping about it. You’re very curious as an audience member [thinking] ‘who is she? Why is she doing this?’ and that will be revealed in a really, really wonderful way as well. Not just ‘bang! Here it is’. I’m excited for everyone when they binge-watch it to see all of that.” – Hannah John-Kamen

Adam Price
Played by: Richard Armitage

Understandably gobsmacked following the news his wife had stitched him up with a fake baby, Adam is not a happy bunny at the start of The Stranger. Desperate for the truth, he rifles through old boxes of memories – ultrasound scans, old photos, keepsake notes – before finally confronting his partner.

What they say: “I love the fact that Adam isn’t a maverick of some kind – he is just an ordinary guy dealing with something absurd and shocking that has happened to him. I think, as a viewer, actor and a reader, you put yourself in that situation and think, ‘How would I respond if that happened to me?’ What if your wife went missing and how would you keep your family together? That was what interested me about it.” – Richard Armitage

Corinne Price
Played by: Dervla Kirwan

Seemingly a psychopath (who fakes a pregnancy?!), Corinne isn’t the most relatable character at the start of the series. But that soon changes as we learn more about her. After all, if you were faced with the possibility of your family splitting apart at the seams, you’d do anything to keep it together too, wouldn’t you?

What they say: “[Corinne] is the keeper of a tremendous secret. And as a lot of people will testify in their lives, sometimes they do the right thing but unfortunately [what she does] has huge ramifications. From her perspective, she has done the right thing… but there’s this enigmatic character, ‘the Stranger’, who has decided to infiltrate our lives, all our lives and decide that they have the moral high ground and releases certain information to their nearest and dearest. She watches as their lives unravel. But I think we all are capable of telling white lies to lubricate our lives, are we not?” – Dervla Kirwan

Johanna Griffin
Played by: Siobhan Finneran

One of the areas most dedicated police detectives, Johanna starts The Stranger as an unhappily-married maverick who doesn’t play by the rules. As one particularly strange case takes over her life, it becomes clear that the Stranger’s actions could affect everyone, even her.

What they say: “There were quite a lot of funny moments on-set [with Jennifer Saunders], but we’d both be arrested if we told you what actually happened. I want to tell you, but it’s such a shame. There was one very, very amusing time, but we can’t talk to you about it, sorry.” – Johanna Griffin

Edgar Price
Played by: Anthony Head

The estranged father of Adam, Anthony Head is a property developer with no morals. Obsessed with money – and women – this sleazy, ageing lothario will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means turfing an entire estate out of their homes and onto the streets.

What they say: “I play bad guys quite often, I don’t know why, but I’ve always felt that nobody gets up out of bed thinking, ‘I’m going to do something bad today.’ Ed Price is a narcissist basically, and he really opened my eyes to the world of narcissists, they just do shit – and they enjoy fucking somebody over. I can’t defend him.” – Anthony Head

Martin Killane
Played by: Stephen Rea

Martin is one of the unfortunate ‘somebodys’ that Ed Price is trying to “fuck over”. A tenant on the very estate Ed wants to knock down and develop, this grumpy old git is not for turning. He refuses to sell up, but not for the reason you’d expect…

What they say: “I’m refusing to leave my house because of something that’s related to my secret and as soon as I leave the house, shit will hit the fan. At the start of the series, it’s just: ‘He’s always lived there, why should he leave?’ But later, it all changes.” – Stephen Rea

Jennifer Saunders
Played by: Jennifer Saunders

Serving, for the most part, as Johanna’s best friend, Heidi owns a small, cutesy-looking café in town. But as the series progresses, even she is drawn into the peculiar happenings that dog much of the cast.

What they say: “This is [my first drama role]. I have thought about [doing drama before], but nobody else has you see, that’s the problem! It came up at the right time and it was too good to be true really. I was watching [the first episode] like this *covers eyes*: ‘Have I gone yet?! No!’ It was a learning curve. It’s different, I suppose. But filming is filming, whether you’re doing a comedy or a drama.” – Jennifer Saunders

Doug Tripp
Played by: Shaun Dooley

In a world where trustworthy friends are hard to come by, you really need pals like salt-of-the-earth P.E. teacher Doug. Introduced as Adam and Corinne’s longtime neighbour, the grinning dad has a more complex character arc than you’d expect on first meeting.

What they say: “He’s not a sporty guy and he’s not very good at football either. So it was really funny [during the football match scene] and I tend to think I’m quite good at football but I had to be crap for this. But I’m like a kid, I’m like a dog with a ball. I still think I’m 18 in my head when I’m not. So I set off like, ‘Come on!’ and then I’m knackered within about four feet. There was a lot of fun on this job.” – Shaun Dooley

‘The Stranger’ arrives on Netflix on January 31

https://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/the-stranger-cast-netflix-harlan-coben-2598206

BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2020, 17:36 

Nichts Neues, nichts Besonderes, aber von Richard retweetet:

Zitat:
Netflix psychological thriller ‘The Stranger’ is about to be your new obsession

Step aside You
2 days ago
Hayley Soen

The latest Netflix psychological thriller has been teased and it looks as thought it’s going to be everyone’s new binge-watch. It’s called “The Stranger” and it’s being released on Netflix this month.

Think a Joe Goldberg stalker style female lead, minus the killings, but she knows everything about everyone. The Stranger is from the award-winning author Harlan Coben (Safe, The Five) and is described as a mystery thriller set in suburbia, where one stranger enters the lives of many, unfolding a web of life long secrets and lies.

Here’s everything you need to know.

What is The Stranger on Netflix about?

The official synopsis for the show says: “Adam Price seems to have a charmed existence. Two wonderful sons, a career in law, and most of all, a watertight marriage to his soulmate, Corinne, a teacher at the local school. Adam is living the dream. Until one night a stranger sits down next to him in a bar. ‘She lied, Adam. Corinne made it up, she was never pregnant. One more thing, if I were you, I’d run DNA checks on your two boys.’

“As quickly as the stranger came, she is gone. Adam tries going after her, but it’s too late. As the stranger’s words eat away at Adam, he begins to investigate his wife. To his horror, his greatest fears are realised. When Adam confronts Corinne with evidence that she faked a pregnancy, she flees, leaving only a text message: ‘MAYBE WE NEED SOME TIME APART. YOU TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS. DON’T TRY TO CONTACT ME. IT WILL BE OKAY. JUST GIVE ME A FEW DAYS… PLEASE’.”

The trailer looks incredible. It starts with a family setting their answer phone message – they look perfectly happy and normal. The mother then finds out she is pregnant but then the stranger turns up. She somehow knows all the family’s secrets, and a lot of other people’s too. Who is she? How does she know everything? Is she some sort of Joe Goldberg style I-know-everything-about-you stalker? I need answers RIGHT NOW.

Who is in The Stranger cast?

The Stranger cast includes Richard Armitage as Adam, Dervla Kirwan as Corinne and Jacob Dudman and Misha Handley as their sons Thomas and Ryan. The Stranger is played by Hannah John-Kamen, who you may recognise as Ornela in Game of Thrones or as Sonja in the Playtest episode of Black Mirror.
When is it being released?

Harlan Coben’s The Stranger launches globally on Netflix on 30th January 2020.

https://thetab.com/uk/2020/01/17/the-stranger-netflix-thriller-138907

BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2020, 17:48 

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1218894446131056648

Hier ist der Artikel - besonders empfehlenswert ist die Galerie:

Zitat:
Harlan Coben Series “The Stranger” Arrives This Week – Watch The Chilling Trailer
By MaFt On January 19, 2020

Richard Armitage (“The Hobbit” franchise), Siobhan Finneran (“Happy Valley”) and Hannah John-Kamen (“Ant-Man and The Wasp”) star in the upcoming thriller series “The Stranger” from best-selling author Harlan Coben. The 8-episode series arrives on January 30th and tells the story of a stranger who shatters peoples lives when she reveals secrets about them. One search target is Adam (Armitage) who learns a terrible secret about his wife from The Stranger, he confronts her but she disappears, kick-starting a chain of events with potentially devastating results.

Other cast includes Jennifer Saunders (“Absolutely Fabulous”) in her first major dramatic role as DS Griffin’s (Finneran) best friend as well as Shaun Dooley (“Ordinary Lies”, “Broadchurch”), Paul Kaye (“Game of Thrones”), Dervla Kirwan (“Strike Back”, “Silent Witness”), Kadiff Kirwan (“Chewing Gum”, “Black Mirror”), Anthony Head (“The Split”, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”) and Oscar-nominated actor Stephen Rea (“War and Peace”, “The Crying Game”).

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/harlan-coben-series-the-stranger-arrives-this-week-watch-the-chilling-trailer/

BeitragVerfasst: 30.01.2020, 22:16 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Kein Review, aber Spekulation über eine 2. Staffel - und fette Spoiler:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a307 ... ame=iossmf

Zitat:

The Stranger season 2: Will Netflix's Harlan Coben adaptation return?
The author has spoken.

BY LAURA JANE TURNER
30/01/2020
The Stranger – official trailer (Netflix)
by Digital Spy GB
Previous VideoPlayNext VideoMute
Current Time
0:02
Remaining Time -1:53
Fullscreen
Note: This article contains huge spoilers for The Stranger season one.

The Stranger, based on Harlan Coben's novel of the same name, dropped on Netflix on Thursday January 30 but we're already asking about a season two. Yes, this is the world that we now live in.

The eight-part psychological thriller was filled with twists and turns and, with each episode ending on a cliffhanger, The Stranger really is the perfect binge-watch. In fact, Harlan Coben told Digital Spy that the show was specifically "designed to be binged."

In season one, Adam Price (played by Richard Armitage) has his whole world torn apart when he gets an unexpected visit from – yes, you guessed it – a stranger (Hannah John-Kamen).

The mysterious, baseball-capped one confronts him with some information about his wife Corrine (Dervla Kirwan). These revelations send Adam down a path of no return, as he attempts to get to the bottom of his big family secret as well as confronting some of his own shortcomings.

Corrine ends up going missing and he spends much of the series running around trying to find her. Adam also pursues the stranger in an attempt to find his wife and get to the bottom of their mission of breaking people's secrets.

As it turns out, the stranger also visited Adam's father (Anthony Head) as well as a local woman by the name of Heidi (Jennifer Saunders) with secrets of theirs too. Heidi is friends with police officer Johanna Griffin (Siobhan Finneran), who happens to be investigating Corrine's disappearance, so the character's stories all turn out to be connected in one way or another.

Yes, there's a lot of threads in The Stranger's first season – and we haven't even touched on the alpaca yet.

Each strand of the story seems to get tied into a satisfactory bow by the end of the series, but Harlan Coben has said that the door is ajar to expand it somehow.

During a recent chat with Digital Spy and other press, the author confessed that they "created the show to be one season."

"We don't think it's fair to have one of those shows where they don't give you all the answers, and you have to wait until season two before you get it," Coben said. "This is a closed story. You learned all the answers by the end, and the ending is tremendously satisfying."

"Could some of the characters return to season two? Maybe, but that's not our plan," he added. "I never say never, but it's not our plan. Our plan is to give you one great, great season."

Hilariously, Richard Armitage then interjected to joke that season two would be called Liam, the Frankenstein Llama, before Harlan jumped back in to point out: "It's an alpaca!"

So, with the typical "never say never" being dropped, what could happen with season two?

The Stranger season 2 release date: When can we expect it?

At this stage, considering it is yet to be recommissioned and it would only be in its second run, a release date really is anyone's guess.

It really rather depends on how much of a success season one proves to be on Netflix, and how quickly the writing team could get together to work on a follow-up story.

We will, of course, keep you posted with all the latest developments.

The Stranger season 2 cast and plot: Who would be in it?

Presumably, any type of follow-up or spin-off story would require the Stranger, so we would hypothetically expect Hannah John-Kamen to return. What's more, with the big reveal that she is actually Adam's sister, it feels like there's plenty more that could be explored between those two protagonists.

There's also the added fact that the stranger helped slip Adam Katz's gun, something which helped him avenge the murder of his wife Corrine by shooting Tripp (Shaun Dooley). This, in the end, was covered up with the help of police officer Jo – but could this secret get exposed later down the line too?

The Stranger, Netflix, Richard Armitage
NETFLIX
Adam's sons, who would likely be key to a continuation as well, are currently in the dark about what their dad did.

Anthony Head, Siobhan Finneran and Kadiff Kirwan would also be expected to make a come back, if for no other reason than the fact that they are central characters who managed to make it to the end of season one without dying.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.02.2020, 11:46 

Wir sind hier in den letzten 14 Tagen schwer in Rückstand geraten. :shock: Demnächst wird hier also der eine oder andere Beitrag mit "altem" Material auftauchen.

BeitragVerfasst: 04.02.2020, 11:48 

Ein kurzer Artikel mit Fokus auf Jennifer Saunders:

Zitat:
Jennifer Saunders Is Starring In 'The Stranger,' Netflix's New Psychological Thriller

By Sophie McEvoy
Jan 20, 2020

On Jan. 30, Netflix is bringing out a British-led series for mystery lovers to sink their teeth into. The Stranger is a brand new adaptation based on Harlan Coben’s 2015 novel and, in a fittingly strange turn of events, Jennifer Saunders stars in the psychological thriller as Heidi, a close friend to the series' lead. Better known for her hilarious caricatures in French & Saunders as well the iconic Edina in Absolutely Fabulous, this will be the first time we see Saunders embed herself in such a dark storyline, and I for one can't wait.

There'll be no “Eddy, darling”s here as Heidi becomes entangled in the mystery and danger of this heart-stopping series. The Stranger follows the story of Adam Price (played by Richard Armitage) after he is confronted by an unknown woman (Hannah John-Kamen) who tells him a secret that threatens to rip his whole life apart.

“The Stranger was one of my most challenging novels — and definitely the most twisted,” Coben said (via Radio Times). “When I wrote it, I never imagined I’d be part of a ‘Dream Team’ of extraordinary talent bringing it to life. I can’t wait to reunite with Danny, Nicola, and Netflix on this remarkable project.”

“I’m delighted to be playing Heidi in this new Harlan Coben drama,” Saunders has said (via Metro). “There is a great cast and production team with strong credentials lined up and we are all looking forward to starting filming.”

Other actors in the cast include Paul Kaye (Game of Thrones), Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and Kadiff Kirwan (Call the Midwife).

Filming wrapped in August 2019, and was shot in and around “Manchester, Bolton, and Stockport,” as Tyla reports. Saunders could be seen jovially filming the series in Manchester City Centre last March, embracing her on-screen daughter.

Stream The Stranger from Jan. 30 on Netflix.

https://www.bustle.com/p/jennifer-saunders-is-starring-in-the-stranger-netflixs-new-psychological-thriller-21714713

BeitragVerfasst: 04.02.2020, 11:59 

Allgemeines über 'The Stranger' auf Niederländisch:

Zitat:
Netflix-serie 'The Stranger' wordt ook wel de nieuwe 'You' genoemd
Voor iedereen die het tweede seizoen van You al heeft uitgekeken.

Door Marjolein van den Brand
21/01/2020

Het tweede seizoen van de Netflix-hitserie You verscheen nog niet zo lang geleden, maar de echte fans hebben alle afleveringen natuurlijk allang gezien. Tijd voor iets nieuws. Laat Netflix daar nu net hetzelfde over denken. Zo komt de streamingdienst eind deze maand nog met een You-waardige vervanger: The Stranger.

The Stranger

Waar in You Joe Goldberg de creepy stalker is die je liever niet wil tegenkomen, zien we in The Stranger een vrouwelijke versie van hem rondlopen (inclusief pet). Actrice Hannah John-Kamen speelt de rol van deze mysterieuze vrouw. Zij komt op een gegeven moment in contact met Adam (gespeeld door Richard Armitage, bekend van onder meer The Hobbit), een familieman die net te horen heeft gekregen dat zijn vrouw een miskraam heeft gehad. De vreemdeling vertelt hem dat zijn vrouw tegen hem heeft gelogen en haar zwangerschap gefaket heeft. (Pardon?)

Adam is onthutst door de informatie die hij zojuist van een vreemde heeft gekregen, en confronteert vervolgens zijn vrouw. Ze was inderdaad nooit zwanger. Dit is het eerste geheim dat nu boven water komt, maar zijn vrouw blijkt nog veel meer geheimen voor hem te hebben. Die begint hij stuk voor stuk te ontdekken wanneer ze ineens op mysterieuze wijze verdwijnt. En in de tussentijd blijft "The Stranger" hem maar volgen. Bekijk hieronder alvast de bloedstollende trailer. The Stranger is vanaf 30 januari te zien op Netflix.

Harlan Coben op Netflix

The Stranger is gebaseerd op het gelijknamige boek van thrillerschrijver Harlan Coben. Twee jaar geleden verscheen de serie Safe (met Dexters Michael C. Hall) al op Netflix. De serie bleek een groot succes, waarna de streamingdienst een deal sloot met Coben. In de komende jaren worden er tientallen thrillers van de auteur verfilmd – ideaal kijkvoer voor iedere thriller-liefhebber. Mocht je straks het eerste seizoen van The Stranger ook gebingewatcht hebben, dan liggen er in ieder geval genoeg alternatieven in het verschiet om je Netflix-honger te stillen. Ook het derde seizoen van You is inmiddels onderweg.

https://www.vogue.nl/cultuur/film-tv/a30607170/the-stranger-netflix-serie-you/

BeitragVerfasst: 04.02.2020, 12:04 

Noch einmal knapp und semiinformativ über Jennifer Saunders und ihre Rolle:

Zitat:
stranger danger Jennifer Saunders was ‘scared’ to take on Netflix’s The Stranger’s ‘thrilling and intense’ action sequences

Jill Robinson

21 Jan 2020, 16:21Updated: 21 Jan 2020, 16:21

JENNIFER Saunders has admitted she was "scared" to take on the "thrilling and intense" action sequences in new Netflix series, The Stranger.

The 61-year-old is best known for her comedy skills as part of double act French and Saunders as well as hit sitcom Absolutely Fabulous.

But in The Stranger, which has been adapted from the book of the same name by author Harlan Coben, Jennifer takes on a much more serious role.

The star plays Heidi, the best friend of police detective Johanna Griffin, who is played by Siobhan Finneran.

While Jennifer only appears briefly in the first episode, things get increasingly tense for her character and others as the series progresses.

Speaking to The Sun Online and other media at a screening of the series, Jennifer admitted she was delighted to be part of the show, although some elements did push her out of her comfort zone.

She said: "I was thrilled to be asked and also slightly scared because it really is quite a departure for me. "But the script was so amazing and gripping and I’ve read the book and it’s an extraordinary story.

"It’s an extraordinary cast and it was an absolute no brainer."

Asked about the action scenes, she added: "Thrilling, I mean I love it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10788758/jennifer-saunders-scared-netflix-the-stranger-action-sequences/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

BeitragVerfasst: 04.02.2020, 16:22 

Hier gibt es einen Podcast mit Daniel O'Hara, einem der Regisseure von 'The Stranger':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKDBp5RFFw&feature=youtu.be

BeitragVerfasst: 05.02.2020, 18:42 

Weiter geht's mit der Archivierung:

Zitat:
Jennifer Saunders was ‘scared’ to swap comedy for drama in Netflix’s ‘intense’ new thriller

George GriffithsWednesday 22 Jan 2020 7:09 pm

Jennifer Saunders admitted she was ‘scared’ swapping comedy for drama as she joined the cast of Netflix’s newest thriller, The Stranger. The new series is an adaption of the book by the same name by American author Harlen Coban, and follows the life of Adam Price (Richard Armitage) whose entire world comes crashing down when a mysterious stranger (Game of Thrones’ Hannah John Kamen) reveals a secret about his wife. Jennifer stars as cafe owner Heidi in the programme, the best friend of police detective Johanna Griffin (Siobhan Finneran) and told press at a screening ahead of the show’s launch that the change in pace was daunting. ‘I was thrilled to be asked,’ she revealed. ‘And also slightly scared because it is quite a departure for me. But the script was amazing and so gripping.

‘I’ve read the book and its an extraordinary story, it’s an extraordinary cast and it was an absolute no brainer.’ Taking her further away from her comedic routes in French and Saunders, the 61-year-old also had to deal with some high-tension action sequences involving her character. Now, you didn’t get that in Ab Fab! Jennifer Saunders Netflix The Stranger Jennifer stars as Heidi in the Netflix adaption (Picture: Netflix) Describing the stunts as ‘thrilling,’ the actress and screenwriter revealed that she worked ‘quite hard’ in preparation. ‘I mean, I love it,’ she continued. ‘Give me some good props and prosthetics and I’m away. It was intense I have to say. ‘It was quite hard and thanks to Daniel the director as he saw me through it.’

Well, we for one can’t wait to see it! Also starring alongside Jennifer in the upcoming project are Shaun Dooley, acting legend Stephen Rea and Buffy icon Anthony Head, who plays her on-screen husband. The Stranger is just the latest adaption of a Harlan Coban book to be adapted by Netflix – the hit drama Safe was also based on a Coban novel. The Stranger drops 30 January on Netflix

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/22/jennifer-saunders-was-scared-to-swap-comedy-for-drama-in-netflixs-intense-new-thriller-the-stranger-12103998/

BeitragVerfasst: 05.02.2020, 18:45 

Hier gibt es ein Radiointerview mit Kadiff Kirwan:

Zitat:
Crispin Phillip@CrispinPhillip

Fri 24th Jan (12 noon) @ChewingGum & @fleabag actor @kadiffkirwan talks about new @NetflixUK series #TheStranger w/ @BritBlacklist's #AkuaGyamfi on BBC Radio @1Xtra

https://bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0816063

#KadiffKirwan #TimeWasters #MadameTBB #BBC1Xtra
s/o @BeaumonthLondon
@WeAre_Premier

https://twitter.com/CrispinPhillip/status/1220375969623674881

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0816063

BeitragVerfasst: 05.02.2020, 21:00 

Ein interessantes Interview mit Jacob Dudman, u. a. über die Frage einer weiteren Staffel und zu Richard:

Zitat:
INTERVIEW – From Youtubing to a new Netflix series, we chat with up and coming actor Jacob Dudman about his break out role in The Stranger

Louisa Juckes 4 days ago4 min read0

Jacob Dudman is a man of many talents. Actor, impressionist, Youtuber, director are all listed on his CV.

Miro speaks to him now, when he has five minutes in a busy schedule, about The Stranger on Netflix, his latest acting venture.

Dudman will be starring as Thomas Price, the son of the protagonist in the much-hyped British mini-series based on a novel by Harlan Coben.

The story sees a family man’s life unravel after a stranger makes a shocking claim about his wife, with many twists and turns along the way.

What got you into acting?

I sort of started out doing impressions online and that lead me to do voice acting work. I did a lot of stuff with the guys who do all the Doctor Who audiobooks after the making a bit of a presence for myself on YouTube and just started auditioning for things.

I went to do film production at university as I wanted to be a director. I took an acting class at the weekend to understand what acting was like from a directing point of view and then I very quickly fell in love with it.

I started auditioning for things last January and then I did a show in April.

I didn’t go to drama school, so the show was like my drama school. It was like a cool sort of ten-week intensive course with a load of castmates my age, so that was sort of how I fell in love with it.

Had you read The Stranger by Harlan Coben before being cast?

I was aware of his books, but I hadn’t read any of them. I have now! My mum actually has a poster on her wall, which is one of those scratch maps.

It was 100 Books to Read Before You Die. One of his books are on there, so I was certainly aware of the name. He’s really rock and roll!

You play Thomas Price, the son of Adam whose life has come crashing down. Could you tell us a bit more about your role?

Thomas is a character who is keen to prove himself to the world, particularly to his dad who he looks up to a lot. He has big ideas for himself.

He can be quite introverted which I think he gets from his dad but he’s also a bit of an All-American sports playing, science whizz, top of the class, head boy sort of character.

It was interesting to play because I was lucky enough to have a hand in both the family storyline and the teen storyline which goes alongside it.

I suppose the role of both sons in relation to Adam is really to ground him in what’s important in his life. The boys end up going on explorations together to try and find out the truth and I think that Thomas and Ryan really give support to Adam.

They’re all going through these horrible events, but they’re going through them together, and I think that Thomas is a very strong moral compass

What’s it like working with Richard Armitage and all of the other amazing actors?

I couldn’t quite believe, not only the talent in it but the sheer number of people who are talented in it. You know, the first 10 names listed on the call sheet are all people I could only dream of working with.

Richard, who I have had a lot of time with, is just amazing. We had a lot of fun together. I suppose it can be quite daunting when you’re working with someone who’s work you love.

Actually, that’s not completely true because when I was a child, I told him this on the first day, as a child I hated him because he played Guy of Gisbourne in Robin Hood and he killed off Maid Marian who was my childhood sweetheart, so I didn’t always love him!

He redeemed himself because he is so brilliant. The thing is, working with all those people, they are such professionals as well. I think there is a general misconception that a lot of actors are diva-ish or you get people who are troublesome, and that can sometimes happen.

But when you’re working with the likes of Shaun Dooley and Paul Kaye, who’s amazing as well, it is such a professional environment and everyone that’s there is really interested in the work that they are doing.

What’s it like working on a psycho-thriller?

It’s always psycho when I’m filming with Ella Rae and Brandon Fellows! This is going to sound cheesy, but it was thrilling as well. It was quite intense at times, there are scenes where quite dark things happen and obviously dealing with quite traumatic material.

When you’re acting and feeling those emotions every day you’re on set, that can sort of seep into the energy of the room so it did get a bit dark at times.

What I really love about the show is that is can also be comedic at times. It’s horrifying at times, yes, but it can also make you cry. It’s a jack of all trades really.

But, thankfully, we had a lovely cast and crew to keep things cheery. Amazing people to learn from as well.

Is there an episode you’re really excited for viewers to see?

There are big cliff-hangers at the end of every episode and because there are so many different stories happening at the same time, you get like five cliff-hangers at the end of every episode, which is amazing.

I’m looking forward to people feeling like they just have to watch the next episode.

Does the series end on a cliff-hanger as well?

I wouldn’t know, I didn’t read the script so…

Are there going to be multiple series?

I don’t know, I think you’re going to have to ask Harlan Coben if he is going to write a sequel!

There is something quintessentially British about the series, including the fact that it was filmed in Manchester.

The location is moved from the US to the UK and I think there’s a lot of TV shows nowadays that have stuff that is British but looks quite Americanised.

I love that when my character’s at school, we’re all wearing these very English school uniforms, kind of like Hogwarts, and we’ve got this NHS looking hospital.

I think it is grounded in a very British reality that a lot of people are going to like as well.

Do you have anything else lined up?

Coming out soon would be Medici, on Netflix. I’m currently going back and forth to Ireland filming a series on Netflix again called Fate which is a live-action adaptation of the Winx Club Saga, so those are to look out for me on.

The Stranger will be available to stream on Netflix from 30 January.

http://www.miromagazine.com/film-tv/from-youtubing-to-a-new-netflix-mini-series-we-chat-with-up-and-coming-actor-jacob-dudman-about-his-break-out-role-in-the-stranger/

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 94 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde