Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 10:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 168 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: My Zoe
BeitragVerfasst: 16.09.2017, 20:41 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Klingt plausibel. Schaun mer mal. ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 16.09.2017, 20:41 

BeitragVerfasst: 16.09.2017, 22:42 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Ich würde es so machen, aber wer bin ich schon. :lol:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 02.11.2017, 23:49 

So, 'My Zoe' ist nun bei 'Crew United' eingetragen, ein untrügliches Zeichen, dass es voran geht. Als Drehort ist tatsächlich nur Berlin eingetragen.

https://www.crew-united.com/?show=projectdata&ID=230661

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2017, 14:45 

Oh, oh ... keine guten Nachrichten zu 'My Zoe': :shock:

Zitat:
Julie Delpy Says "Sexist" Financier Pulls Out of Her Film 'My Zoe' (Exclusive)

5:26 AM PST 12/8/2017 by Scott Roxborough

'They told me, to my face, that female directors are emotional and unreliable,” the veteran writer-director-actress tells THR.

For Julie Delpy, the last couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster.

Delpy was in final preparations for My Zoe, her sixth feature film as a director, when, in late November, a key financier, believed to have committed around 20 percent of the budget, pulled out, giving what Delpy says were “bluntly sexist” reasons.

“Women directors are emotional, women are unreliable,” Delpy told The Hollywood Reporter. “They told me that to my face in a meeting! They made their decision [to pull money from the film] on nothing except the fact I was a woman.”

Delpy has found a smaller new investor, but is currently trying to find new backers for the film, which she wrote and is set to star in alongside Richard Armitage, Gemma Arterton and Daniel Bruhl, to close the financing gap.

Delpy penned the script for the drama, about Isabelle (Delpy), a mother who shares custody of her daughter Zoe with her ex-husband (Armitage). But when tragedy strikes this fractured family, Isabelle takes matters into her own hands. Bruhl and Arterton play a couple Isabelle turns to for help.

My Zoe was set to be Delpy's sixth directorial effort, following such features as 2 Days in Paris, 2 Days in New York and French-language comedies Skylab and Lolo. The film was set up as a European-U.S. co-production, with New York-based Magnolia Mae Films, France's Electrick Films, Bruhl's Amusement Park Films shingle and British firm Baby Cow producing. Protagonist is handling international sales.

The original schedule would have seen My Zoe go into prep in mid-December for an early 2018 shoot.

“If I don't find a solution by December 15, we'll have to push the film,” Delpy said. “I don't want to be dramatic, it's only a movie but this is the shittiest situation I've ever been in my professional career.”

According to Delpy, the backer told her just before Thanksgiving the company was pulling out of the film. She blames the move on “a sexist American lawyer” who had been advising the company and, she claims, had been “an aggressive bully” through the entire process.

“Under his guidance, the company demanded more and more concessions and security,” she says, “things they wouldn't have asked of a man if he was mentally ill and on drugs.”

Delpy declined to name either the lawyer or the company in question.

On both the commercial and artist front, the French multi-hyphenate has an impressive resume. She notched up two Oscar nominations for co-writing Before Sunset and Before Midnight with Richard Linklater and Ethan Hawke and has had cross-over success with her directorial debut 2 Days in Paris, co-starring Adam Goldberg, and its sequel, 2 Days in New York with Chris Rock.

My Zoe has been Delpy's passion project for years. The idea for the film first came to her back in 1991, she says, and she wrote the first draft of the script seven years ago. Delpy has been actively trying to put the project together for the last three years. “I shot (French comedy) Lolo because it was taking so long to get My Zoe financed,” Delpy said. "It's much easier to get money to make my comedies.”

Even if production on My Zoe is delayed, Delpy says she is determined to make the movie, one way or another. “It's been my life's project, it's the best thing I've ever written,” she says. “It's a very unconventional women's journey and, I think, very groundbreaking. I'm not going to give it up.”

On Saturday, Delpy will get some moral support at least from the European Film Academy, which will present her with its lifetime honor: the Achievement in World Cinema award.

“It's a strange irony to get this award now, just after this has happened,” Delpy told THR. “But it shows that this business isn't just about achieving, it's about longevity, it's about hanging in there.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/julie-delpy-says-sexist-financier-pulls-her-film-my-zoe-1065655

Boah, eine Woche ist verdammt knapp, um einen neuen Geldgeber zu finden. Die zeitnähste Antragsphase beim Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, wo man vielleicht eine Aufstockung hätte beantragen können, ist gerade abgelaufen. Außerdem würde darüber erst Mitte Januar entschieden. :?

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2017, 15:21 
Little Miss Gisborne

Das ist wirklich eine Katastrophe für das Projekt!
Selbst wenn es mit etwas Verspätung mit dem Projekt losgehen könnte, kommt dann ja noch ein anderes Problem dazu. Die Schauspieler haben evtl. schon andere Projekte geplant. :sigh2:

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2017, 15:24 

Und dabei könnte es sogar noch das geringste Problem (wenn nicht sogar hilfreich) sein, wenn Richard in Berlin wäre, um BS3 zu drehen. Bei Emilia Schüle wurden die Pläne für die parallelen Dreharbeiten von BS und den Kudammfilm auch aufeinander abgestimmt.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2017, 16:59 
Paul's love therapist

Das tut mir echt Leid für Julie Delpy.Hat dieser ***** :pan: vorher nicht gemerkt, dass die Regie von einem emotionsgesteuerten weiblichen Wesen übernommen wird?
Und in Sachen Zuverlässigkeit kann dieser Typ sich ja wohl an die eigene Nase fassen :gaah:

An einer Filmproduktion hängen doch auch eine Menge anderer Jobs und nicht nur der der Regisseurin.

Auch wenn ich nicht besonders scharf auf diese Story war bzw. bin, wünsche ich den Machern ganz schnell einen neuen Geldgeber und viel Erfolg.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2017, 17:06 

Gemini hat geschrieben:
Und in Sachen Zuverlässigkeit kann dieser Typ sich ja wohl an die eigene Nase fassen :gaah:

Der hat sich scheinbar von seinen Emotionen und Hormonen leiten lassen. ;) :gaah: Ich würde gern wissen, welche Summe 20% sind. Von der deutschen Filmförderung gibt es insgesamt 775.000 Euro. Hoffentlich ist der Stichtag zum Abrufen noch nicht so bald. :?

BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2017, 23:24 

Julie Delpy gibt wirklich alles für ihr Herzensprojekt:

Zitat:
Julie Delpy Uses European Film Prize to Raise Money for 'My Zoe'

11:56 AM PST 12/9/2017 by Scott Roxborough

The French multi-hyphenate, who was receiving an award in Berlin, called on the audience to buy raffle tickets to help her gap finance her new movie, which just lost a key backer.

Julie Delpy apparently will do whatever it takes to make her movie.

The French actress, director and Oscar-nominated screenwriter turned an awards ceremony into a fund-raiser Saturday night when she called on members of the European Film Academy to pony up for her new film, My Zoe.

Delpy was being honored at the 30th European Film Awards with the European Achievement in World Cinema prize. But after thanking the Academy, Delpy turned to more practical matters, discussing the problems completely financing for her new project, planned as her sixth feature as a director.

Delpy this week revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that a key financier of My Zoe suddenly pulled out shortly before it was set to go to prep. She told the EFA audience she still needed $600,000 "before December 15" if the project was to begin shooting as planned early next year.

Pulling up a bundle of tickets, Delpy said she would be raffling off a chance to have breakfast with her here in Berlin tomorrow. And, in addition, she would be sell off bit roles in My Zoe for anyone interested.

"People think I'm joking, but I'm not," Delpy said. "I will do anything to make my film!"

Speaking to THR, Delpy said the financier gave “bluntly sexist” reasons for pulling their money out of her film.

“'Women directors are emotional, women are unreliable,'” Delpy quotes the financier as saying. “They told me that to my face in a meeting! They made their decision [to pull money from the film] on nothing except the fact I was a woman.”

Delpy has found a replacement investor but is currently trying to find more new backers for the film, which she wrote and is set to star in alongside Richard Armitage, Gemma Arterton and Daniel Bruhl, to close the financing gap.

Delpy penned the script for the drama, about Isabelle (Delpy), a mother who shares custody of her daughter Zoe with her ex-husband (Armitage). But when tragedy strikes this fractured family, Isabelle takes matters into her own hands. Bruhl and Arterton play a couple Isabelle turns to for help.

My Zoe was set to follow Delpy-directed features as 2 Days in Paris, 2 Days in New York and French-language comedies Skylab and Lolo. The film was set up as a Europe-U.S. co-production, with New York-based Magnolia Mae Films, France's Electrick Films, Bruhl's Amusement Park Films and British firm Baby Cow producing. Protagonist is handling international sales.

The original schedule would have seen My Zoe go into prep in mid-December for an early 2018 shoot.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/julie-delpy-uses-european-film-prize-raise-money-my-zoe-1066023

Zitat:
Europäischer Filmpreis 2017 „The Square“ ist der große Gewinner in Berlin

Von
MF_20131203_04
Frank Junghänel
09.12.17, 23:09 Uhr

Am Ende war es dann vielleicht einer zu viel. Die Euphorie des Saalpublikums hielt sich in Grenzen als der schwedische Beitrag „The Square“ am Sonnabend dann auch noch mit dem Preis als bester Europäischer Film des Jahres ausgezeichnet wurde. Manch einer hätte vielleicht gern den ungarischen Kandidaten „Körper und Seele“ vorn gesehen oder auch das französische Aids-Drama „120 BPM“, die ebenfalls um den Hauptpreis konkurrierten.

Der Triumph für „The Square“ hatte sich im Laufe des knapp dreistündigen Abends bereits angebahnt, als dessen Regisseur Ruben Östlund nicht nur für das beste Drehbuch geehrt wurde, sondern sein Film auch als beste Komödie aufgerufen wurde. Zudem erhielt der dänische Schauspieler Claes Bang den Preis als bester Darsteller. Mit insgesamt sechs Trophäen ist „The Square“ damit der große Gewinner der 30. Auflage des Europäischen Filmpreises.

In der Gesellschaftssatire, die in diesem Jahr bereits mit der Goldenen Palme in Cannes ausgezeichnet wurde, geht es um den Chefkurator eines Museums für Moderne Kunst, dessen privates und berufliches Leben auf absurde Weise durcheinander gerät, nachdem ihm Trickbetrüger Handy und Brieftasche gestohlen haben. In dem Bestreben, sein Hab und Gut wiederzufinden trifft er ein paar problematische Entscheidungen, die ihn heraus aus seiner Kunstblase und hinein in das richtige Leben katapultieren. In seinem kunst- und gesellschaftskritischen Furor wirkt „The Square“ allerdings mitunter etwas wohlfeil, woran sich die Jury nicht gestoßen zu haben scheint.
Beste europäische Schauspielerin: große Emotionen bei Alexandra Borbely.

Ein bisschen ging‘s diesmal auch um Cannes gegen Berlinale. Alle fünf nominierten Filme waren bei einem der beiden großen europäischen Festivals vertreten. Dafür, dass der Berlinale-Gewinner nicht ganz leer ausging, sorgte die Auszeichnung für Alexandra Borbély als beste Schauspielerin. Die Ungarin berührte die Zuschauer in „Körper und Seele“ (Regie: Ildikó Enyedi) in ihrer Rolle einer autistisch veranlagten Qualitätsprüferin in einem Budapester Schlachthaus. Und nun berührte sie auch das Publikum der Preisverleihung mit ihren tränenreichen Dankesworten. Die ebenfalls nominierte deutsche Schauspielerin Paula Beer ging leer aus.

Für den deutschen Film, der im Vorjahr in Wroclaw mit Maren Ades „Toni Erdmann“ groß abgeräumt hatte, gab es diesmal wenig zu feiern. Maria Schraders Stefan-Zweig-Biografie „Vor der Morgenröte“ bekam immerhin den Publikumspreis. Und das ist ja nicht zu verachten, denn was wäre ein Film ohne sein Publikum.

Breits zum wiederholten Male wurde die Show souverän von dem Comedian Thomas Hermanns moderiert. Die Familie war amüsiert. Auf dem riesigen, roten Plakat am Eingang des Hauses der Festspiele waren sie alle bei ihren Vornamen genannt: Lars&Agnès&Paolo&Vittorio&Juliette&Ingmar&Penélope und so ging es noch eine Weile weiter.

Die europäische Filmfamilie hatte sich zur Feier des Filmpreises nach Berlin eingeladen und alle waren sie gekommen, die Ahnen, die sich das Ganze nun von wo aus auch immer anschauen und ihre Kinder und Enkel, die in leichter Garderobe auf dem Roten Teppich zittern. Wenn sich die Filmwelt in Berlin trifft, ist es immer kalt und nass, ob nun im Februar zur Berlinale oder alle zwei Jahre beim Europäischen Filmpreis.

Zwei der Hauptpreisträger standen schon vorher fest. Der russische Regisseur Aleksandr Sokurov („Die Sonne“) wurde für sein Lebenswerk mit einem Europäischen Filmpreis geehrt. Viele seiner Filme werden in Russland nicht gezeigt, was einiges über die politischen Verhältnisse in dieser großen Kinonation aussagt.

Für ihren Beitrag zur Weltfilmkunst wurde die französische Schauspielerin und Regisseurin July Delpy ausgezeichnet, die Lobrede hielt Volker Schlöndorff, bei dem sie einst in „Homo Faber“ eine Hauptrolle gespielt hatte und in einer Videobotschaft durfte ihr Ethan Hawke, dreifacher Filmpartner („Before Sunrise“ etc.) noch einmal eine Liebeserklärung machen, die insgesamt vierte. In einer aufgeregten und lustigen Dankesrede warb sie für ihren neuen Film, den sie im Februar in Berlin drehen will und für den ihr noch ein bisschen Geld fehlt. Sie lud zu einem Spendenfrühstück am nächsten Morgen in ihr Hotel ein.

Unter den Gästen der Zeremonie, die in geraden Jahren in der jeweiligen Kulturhauptstadt Europas stattfindet und in ungeraden Jahren in Berlin, wo der Preis 1988 zum ersten Mal vergeben wurde, war neben viel europäischer Filmprominenz (unter anderen der spanische Regie-Altmeister Carlos Saura und sein britischer Kollege Stephen Frears) auch der chinesische Künstler Ai Weiwei, der mit seinem Filmessay „Human Flow“ für den Oscar nominiert ist und der sich zu Beginn der Preisverleihung mit einem offen Brief für die Freilassung des ukrainischen Regisseurs Oleg Semzow einsetzte, der 2015 von einem russischen Gericht zu einer Freiheitsstrafe von 20 Jahren verurteilt wurde.

Die Vergabe der Europäischen Filmpreise ist nicht einfach nur eine Feier des Kinos, sie hat in all den 30 Jahren immer auch eine politische Bedeutung genossen. Vielleicht war sie nie so deutlich zu vernehmen wie diesmal, als sich der Regisseur Wim Wenders als Präsident der Europäischen Filmakademie in einer hoch emotionalen Ansprache für die Werte des Kontinents einsetzte.
Die Rede von Akademiepräsident Wim Wenders fiel explizit politisch aus.

Er riss sich das Jackett auf, um „gegen das Feuer zu kämpfen, das wir gebannt glaubten, das Feuer des Nationalismus, die älteste europäische Krankheit.“ Seinen Kollegen, besonders den jüngeren unter ihnen, gab er von Berlin aus mit auf den Weg, sich mit ihren Filmen für die Zukunft Europas starkzumachen und den Menschen zu veranschaulichen, welchen Verlust sie riskieren. „Unsere Filme transportieren die Emotionen, die den EU-Funktionären so oft fehlt... Europa ist nicht das Problem, Europa ist die Lösung!“

Für den Filmpreis war die Jubiläumsausgabe eine Heimkehr. Als sich 1988, Berlin war die Kulturhauptstadt Europas, in einer Suite des Berliner Kempinski die Regisseure Bernardo Bertolucci, Ingmar Bergman, Istvan Szabo, Richard Attenborough und Wim Wenders trafen, um den Europäischen Filmpreis aus der Taufe zu heben, war Europa ein geteilter Kontinent. Die erste Verleihung des Preises fand am 26. November 1988 im Theater des Westens statt, was ein fast schon symptomatischer Ort gewesen ist, doch der erste Film, der mit dem Hauptpreis Felix ausgezeichnet wurde, stammte von dem polnischen Regisseur Krzysztof Kieslowski, „Kurzer Film über das Töten“, auch das ein Symptom für die Zeit des Wandels, die längst angebrochen war. Als die Vergabe im Jahr darauf in Paris stattfand, war kurz zuvor die Mauer gefallen.

Das zeigt, wie schnell sich Dinge ändern können, in jeder Hinsicht. Die wirkliche Geschichte folgt selten einem Drehbuch, wie es die Filme auf oftmals so beglückende Weise tun.

Nächstes Jahr in Sevilla.

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/kultur/film/europaeischer-filmpreis-2017--the-square--ist-der-grosse-gewinner-in-berlin-29269032

Danke an @isabellamisceo für den Clip der Dankesrede: :thankyou:

Zitat:
isabella misceo@isabellamisceo

Some of #JulieDelpy speech at #EFA2017 receiving an award and asking people to help her make #MyZoe movie #RichardArmitage #DanielBruhl 2

https://twitter.com/isabellamisceo/status/939617516959272968

BeitragVerfasst: 09.12.2017, 23:44 

Mir vermittelt dieses Red Carpet Foto das Gefühl, dass wir 'My Zoe' trotz allem noch vor UatSC zu Gesicht bekommen:

Zitat:
Emmanuelle Saliba‏@_esaliba

Actress and director Julie Delpy with her statue and raffle tickets, she is raising money for the production of her next film. #efa2017

Bild

https://twitter.com/_esaliba/status/939619533492498432

Zitat:
European Film Awards‏@EuroFilmAwards

"I'm not sure that my movie that I was supposed to shoot here in beautiful Berlin will be done. They took out some of the financing. They were scared of emotional women directors. But I'm not giving up. So I will do a tombola here after the ceremony!" Julie Delpy #efa2017

Bild

https://twitter.com/EuroFilmAwards/status/939578468559441922

Zitat:
Skadi Loist‏ @SkadiLoist

Julie Delpy: moving speech accepting the "European Achievement in World Cinema". Her achievement is "surviving with integrity". Reality as female filmmaker: losing 600.000€ 3 weeks before shoot. Selling raffle tickets & auctioning cameos to fill gap. @EuroFilmAwards #EFA2017

Bild

https://twitter.com/SkadiLoist/status/939580130585923586

BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2017, 00:33 
Little Miss Gisborne

Sie macht das schon, daran habe ich keinen Zweifel. :daumen:

BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2017, 11:14 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Oaky hat geschrieben:
Sie macht das schon, daran habe ich keinen Zweifel. :daumen:

:samekind: Ich habe auch keine Zweifel daran. :daumen:

BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2017, 11:24 

Sie hat einen Plan B. :daumen: Hier ist sie beim Losverkauf:

Zitat:
European Film Awards‏@EuroFilmAwards

#JulieDelpy's tombola at the official after-party of the 30th European Film Awards! #efa2017

Bild

https://twitter.com/EuroFilmAwards/status/939654124488060928

Zitat:
Florian Krautkrämer‏ @rotten_rita

Julie Delpy drawing the lot on who will get to win breakfast with her tomorrow @EuroFilmAwards

Bild

https://twitter.com/rotten_rita/status/939665693540343808

Wäre Berlinale, dann hätte sie das Geld sicher schon.

Schade ist, dass so wenige europäische Zeitungsartikel auf ihr Finanzierungsproblem eingehen, weil die meisten Artikel wohl schon als Lückentexte fertig vorlagen. Da lobe ich mir doch neben dem Branchenblatt THR, das sowieso schon mit dem Problem vertraut war, dass "Lokalblatt" 'Berliner Zeitung'. Die können mehr als nur Thomas-Shaw-Leaks veröffentlichen. ;) :lol:

Zitat:
The Square triumphs with six prizes at European film awards

Sunday 10 December 2017 09.24 GMT
Last modified on Sunday 10 December 2017 09.25 GMT

The Square, a surreal, freaky and at times difficult to watch satire set in the world of contemporary art, has dominated the 30th anniversary of the European film awards.

The film followed up the Palme d’Or it took at Cannes by taking six awards at a ceremony in Berlin for prizes that aim to be the European arthouse equivalent of the Oscars.

There was also British success with the 19th-century Northumberland-set dark drama Lady Macbeth winning the evening’s discovery prize.

Stephen Frears, presenting the award to first-time film director William Oldroyd, said sorry to the audience. “I come from a country so stupid we want to leave Europe,” he said. “I apologise for the trouble we’ve caused.”

The troubles of Europe, whether Brexit or the rise of nationalism, were a recurring theme for speakers at the ceremony, as was the continuing scandal of sexual harassment in the film industry.
Advertisement

But there was fun too. The Swedish film-maker Ruben Östlund, twice led the audience in a loud “primal screen of happiness” as he accepted awards for The Square for best director and best film.

The French actor and director Julie Delpy was given a European achievement in world cinema, a prize previously won by actors and film-makers including Helen Mirren, Isabelle Huppert, Lars von Trier and Steve McQueen.

She was heartfelt in her thanks, saying she was getting it for “surviving” in the business, including 20 years of having doors slammed in her face before she could direct her first film aged 36.

Delpy told the audience about her worst professional disappointment, the withdrawal of finance for her latest film, My Zoe, at the last minute.

“I’m not giving up,” she said. She said needed €600,000 quickly so announced a raffle, with first prize breakfast with Delpy the next day.

“It will be entertaining. I can talk about art, film, science, history, politics, architecture, cooking, I’ll be funny if you want, I can cry ... anything, anything to make my film.”

The audience whooped and the ceremony presenter offered €100 euros for starters.

Some asked whether the Russian auteur Aleksandr Sokurov, who won a lifetime achievement award, might top Östlund and Delpy by leading the audience in a giant conga out of the Berliner Festspiele and into the freezing night air. He didn’t.

The six awards won by The Square were best film, best comedy, best director, best screenwriter, production design, and best actor for Dane Claes Bang, who plays the stylish but weird gallery director.

The Guardian’s Peter Bradshaw called it a sprawling and daringly surreal satire. “The Square turns a contemporary art museum into a city-state of bizarre, dysfunctional and Ballardian strangeness,” he said.

The Russian film Loveless won two awards for best cinematography and music; and Hungarian Alexandra Borbély won best actress for her portrayal of an abattoir worker who embarks on an unusual affair with her boss in the film On Body and Soul.

Other awards included best documentary going to the Polish film Communion and best animated feature to Loving Vincent, a Van Gogh film by the Polish-British wife and husband Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman.

The European Film awards were founded in Berlin in 1988 as an arthouse alternative to the Oscars, with Krzysztof Kieślowski’s A Short Film About Killing winning the first best film award.

The European Film Academy president, Wim Wenders, gave an emotional speech, recalling the 1980s when making films in a horribly divided Europe often felt like fighting lonely battles.
Advertisement

Europe had come a long way since then but he said he was furious today because of “an old monster that we thought we had buried, called nationalism ... the oldest and worse European disease. How can it possibly creep back into our present tense?”

Wenders asked whether pro-Europeans had allowed problems to happen, allowing the myth to perpetuate that Europe was all about bureaucracy and the economy: “Greed and growth. Europe is built on much better walls, more solid ones than money. It is built on glorious ideas on who we are as humans, who we are as social and cultural beings. Are we fighting enough for these ideals? Did we? Will we?”

He said the EFA sometimes felt like a Noah’s Ark, a safe haven, and the strength of European film offered great promise for the future of Europe against the “simplifiers, the oligarchs, the enemies of freedom whether they sit in Washington, Moscow or Tehran”.

There was also a passionate call for the release from a Russian jail of the Ukrainian film maker Oleg Sentsov. A letter of support by the Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who was in the audience, was read out.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/10/the-square-triumphs-with-six-prizes-at-european-film-awards-berlin

Zitat:
Palme d’Or Winner ‘The Square’ Sweeps European Film Awards

By Elsa Keslassy

Cannes’ Palme d’Or winner “The Square,” directed by Ruben Ostlund, scooped the best European film, comedy, script, director, and actor prizes at the 30th European Film Awards ceremony, which took place Saturday night in Berlin.

“We wanted to say something important, but we also wanted it to be entertaining and exciting – I think it’s part of a European approach,” said Ostlund upon receiving the prize for best European comedy. The provocative Swedish helmer cited “Toni Erdmann,” last year’s big winner at the European Film Awards, as another film that uses comedy to say something meaningful about humankind and society.

Robin Campillo’s critically acclaimed “BPM (Beats Per Minute),” the winner of Cannes’ Grand Jury Prize, took home best editing out of several nominations.

Alexandra Borbely (“On Body and Soul”) won best actress, beating out French stars Isabelle Huppert (“Happy End”) and Juliette Binoche (“Bright Sunshine In”), as well as Florence Pugh (“Lady Macbeth”) and Paula Beer (“Frantz”).

Claes Bang won the best actor prize for his turn in “The Square.” The film’s production designer, Josefin Asberg, also won in her category.

The European Discovery Award went to William Oldroyd’s “Lady Macbeth,” while the EFA People’s Choice Award was given to Maria Shrader’s “Stefan Zweig – Farewell to Europe.”

As last year, the European Film Awards ceremony was politically charged. Wim Wenders, who presides over the European Film Academy, addressed the persistent rise of populism across the continent in his speech.

“It is the oldest and worst European disease. How could it possibly creep back in our present times? How could these populist [politicians] with their lies threaten to kill our proudest dreams?,” said Wenders on stage.

“When I look at Europe, I still see a great promise with a touch of utopia. Europe is still a save haven. Europe is not a problem; Europe is a solution. Let’s defend it with all our convictions,” Wenders said.

The #Metoo movement was also discussed during the ceremony by Rebecca O’Brien, the illustrious British producer of Ken Loach’s films, along with other prominent female figures of the European industry.

“We have to listen and learn from the people we work with. The fire started in our industry and if we’re clever there is nothing to stop us too from leading by example and turning the world the right way up again. Come on, ladies!” said O’Brien.

O’Brien also suggested the launch of a “sort of help line” so that people could find a “safe haven” for complaints.

One of the ceremony’s highlights was the lifetime tribute to Julie Delpy, who received the European Achievement in World Cinema for her rich and diverse career in front and behind the camera.

Delpy said her biggest achievement had been “to survive in this business for 30-something years.” She then took everyone by surprise when she declared she was launching a lottery this evening to raise 600,000 euros to gap-finance her next film (which was supposed to shoot in a few months in Berlin) by Dec. 15. and was willing to have breakfast tomorrow with whoever would put money in her film and would even auction roles in order to lure potential investors. Delpy said the initial financiers pulled out of the projects three weeks before pre-production because they were afraid of “emotional” female directors like her.

Delpy’s frequent collaborator and co-star, Ethan Hawke, delivered a moving speech via recorded video, telling the award-winning filmmaker and actress that he had never met anyone like her.

“You have done everything you dreamed of….You’ve never taken a ‘no’ for an answer; your voice as a writer is completely original and authentic. Your work as an actor is always blistering, intense and beautiful,” said Hawke. “It’s been an absolute privilege to work with you three times as actor and writer and it’s thrilling to watch you as a filmmaker.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/palme-dor-winner-the-square-sweeps-the-30th-european-film-awards-1202635073/

BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2017, 11:51 
Paul's love therapist

:hutab: vor Julie Delpy!

Vielleicht sollte man mal einen Hinweis an die, scheinbar träge, Candida Brady geben? Finanzierung sichern geht auch anders als überteuerte Poster zu verkaufen :blackwings:

BeitragVerfasst: 10.12.2017, 14:19 
Little Miss Gisborne

Bei CB ist schon Hopfen und Malz verloren, fürchte ich. :sigh2:

JD hat auf jeden Fall einen Plan und geht das Ganze auch richtig an. Ich wünsche ihr, dass sie Erfolg hat. :sigh: :daumen:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 168 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde