Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 19:09

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 46 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: ItS-Reviews aller Art
BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2014, 15:40 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Langsam wird es wohl Zeit für diesen Thread: Hier ist der Platz für Reviews von Kinogänger/innen und bald auch Kritiker/innen. Ich beginne mal mit diesem Bericht von Gratiana Lovelace:

Zitat:
Stormy Sunday: “Into the Storm” Early Preview Showings “Garner” Positive Buzz per MeandRichard Tweet Review, July 13, 2014 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #09)

Posted on July 13, 2014 Updated on July 13, 2014

Hundreds of people across the US and around the world were delighted to attend early preview showings of the talented British actor Richard Armitage’s new film being released in August 2014 called Into the Storm. From New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures, Into the Storm is a Warner Bros. Pictures film produced by Todd Garner (yes, the title of this post was a shameless pun), directed by Steven Quale, and written by John Swetnam (synopsis found here, under top left menu link). You might have heard of it. Ha!

If not, look at the top of this blog. We’re a grassroots fan based OpeRAtion 2014 group encouraging Richard Armitage fans to see the film its opening weekend in their area around the world–to help boost box office film rankings and support the success of the film. And we are even planning some low key RA Fan gatherings to watch the film together and then debrief after. Snap! See tabs above for more logistics soon for the Chicago, New York City, and Atlanta gatherings.

And how do we know that we will enjoy a film about tornadoes when some of us are more cravat, corset, and crinoline Janet Austen and other period drama oriented fans? Well take a gander at Michaela Servetus’ (Thanks!) recent blog post gathering a nice cross section of dozens of people’s tweets of their reactions to the film Into the Storm after seeing it during film previews–with audience tweets running 90% positive via a quick perusal by Servetus. Outstanding! It seems that seeing other people overcome life threatening challenges appeals to many of us. Perhaps it is the Walter Mitty in us–hoping that we will rise to the occasion if we are faced with difficult circumstances.

http://meandrichard.wordpress.com/2014/ ... creenings/

Audiences love the film! So if you’re like me, then you are now even more impatient to see Richard Armitage’s new film Into the Storm being released on August 8th in the US.

P.S. ***Spoiler Alert*** And according to Saraobsessed who is helping to plan our Chicago Into the Storm gathering viewing on August 9th–she was a lucky lady in one of the Into the Storm preview showings last week–Richard Armitage’s character’s name is now Gary Fuller (formerly Gary Morris). A character name change is not so strange considering the film Into the Storm, itself, has gone through several name changes: Category Six (too hurricane like), Black Sky (actually, it is more green), and now Into the Storm.

And the new last name for Richard Armitage’s character to Fuller seems an interesting change, considering when I was doing a guessing game on RA’s character’s name over on my regular blog almost two years ago, I looked at how a name sounds, and at the counties in Oklahoma, and other naming schemes, but Fuller was not on my radar. So much for my guessing ability–at least on the last name. Ha!

However, there is a country singer named Gary Morris who made famous the song “The Wind Beneath My Wings” (see video below). And if the Into the Storm filmmakers had kept Richard Armitage’s character’s name Gary Morris, it would have been quite a prosaic character name for a movie about tornadoes (winds times 100) and an everyman father challenged by circumstances to become a hero to his sons and to others.

However Gary Fuller still works as a regular guy hero name. That’s the thing about real heroes and their names. In real life, it is their deeds of courage and kindness, or of expertise, or of uplifting social reform bettering a society that inspire us–and then their names become synonymous with hope. I think of Lenny Skutnick, of Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, and of Jane Addams to name a few familiar individuals in the US. They were not born into greatness, yet their deeds and actions and lives made them great.

And for Richard Armitage’s Into the Storm character of Gary Fuller (image RichardArmitage-asGaryMorris-inIntotheStorm-23Aug2012_Jun1514ranet-sizedright), a man trying to save his sons and the students in his charge from a deadly natural disaster? As shared by the film’s studio, Warner Bros. Pictures, quoted below is how Mr. Armitage described his perspective about why humans are so fascinated with heroic tales in the face of adversity–inspiration:

Richard Armitage will no doubt bring his own wealth of humanity and his own immeasurable personal dignity to the role he portrays of Gary Fuller in Into the Storm.

http://operationintothestorm2014.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/stormy-sunday-into-the-storm-early-preview-showings-garner-positive-buzz-per-meandrichard-tweet-review-july-13-2014-gratiana-lovelace-post-09/

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 13.07.2014, 15:40 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: ItS-Reviews aller Art
BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2014, 17:27 

Die zweite:

Zitat:
Armitage's 'Into the Storm' Short Review after London Previews (10/07/2014)
Posted by Anna Notaras

It appears that this blog is turning into one exclusively dedicated to the wonderful British actor Richard Armitage. His latest film, the US-made Into the Storm, was previewed at the Warner Brothers Preview Theatres in Holborn, London. With the help and generosity of some amazing people, I managed to get a seat and see the film long before it would hit the theatres here.

Into the Storm is yet another US tornado/disaster film. In all honesty, I had no great expectations of it. I have always been fascinated by storms and extreme weather phenomena in general, but what is there left to show on screen concerning these? Ok, let's start with the negative aspects, all in my humble view. It doesn't bring anything shockingly new, I had a constant feeling of deja-vu. The plot is developed on some basic human emotions and that is no plus in my opinion. It's normal for parents to risk their lives for their children, is it not? Sadly, the plot is weak and full of clichés. Perhaps some other viewers will find it more exciting.

Nevertheless, there are good parts about Into the Storm and the whole experience is quite immersive, as I couldn't shake it off not even hours after the viewing.

The visual effects are of the highest quality, a lot better than I expected. The film heavily relies on these and there is no moment of "hey, that looks so artificial...". None at all (Still, I have something to criticise here, sadly: winds strong enough to break down walls and entire buildings don't pose any difficulties to humans walking around? There is no way people could still be standing in such wind).

The music is good, very good.

As desired, the film has an authenticity feel - there's footage from various characters involved, separate bits that come together to create the story, a story which includes busy parents, horny teenagers, terribilistic adventurers.

The best, as expected, is Richard Armitage's presence. The suit may not fit him as perfect as usual, but
who still cares about that when the storm eventually makes it all wet? (yes, all of it)

Also, Richard has something really strange about him - you guessed it, it's the American accent he tries to fake. If you've watched him in as many productions as I did, you will feel it's kind of awkward. This is nothing to say that he's not doing his part well, because he surely is! At first, his character (Gary Morris) is an ever-busy, hard-to-talk-to father and teacher. Then, he gets to turn into a hero (there is one cute scene with Richard and a dog) and goes to the rescue, defying the infernal weather. In the end, he becomes the sweet Richard we know - the last scene with him is adorable.

This is why I noted so far concerning the good and the bad about Into the Storm, which will have its UK première on August 22. Go see it - for RA, for the visual effects, for the thrill, for the humorous bits in it. I can't predict how the film will do in theatres, but it seems it doesn't even matter to most, because Richard Armitage is now covered with glory thanks to his superb 5-star performance in The Crucible at The Old Vic theatre!

http://anna-notaras.blogspot.de/2014/07/armitages-into-storm-short-review-after.html

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2014, 18:27 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Wenn ich einen review verlinke, wisst ihr, dass es ein Verriss ist :mrgreen: : http://mnwthtapln.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0 ... eview.html

For the most part, the cast goes on autopilot. Occasionally Armitage will pull out his Thorin Oakenshield voice when barking orders or searching for the eldest son, but throughout the movie, he looks bored.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2014, 19:13 

Aber, aber, warum so schüchtern? ;) :grins: Nach all den Sternen für TC bringt uns doch so ein Verriss nicht um.

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2014, 19:17 

Eben. Erst mal abwarten, ob dies ein notorischer Zyniker ist oder eine realistische Einschätzung. Die Stimmen aus den previews bei Twitter sind ja auch recht positiv, wobei zu sowas natürlich nur Leute gehen, die ohnehin daran Interesse haben.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 23.07.2014, 10:01 

Der Titel sagt alles:

Zitat:
A 4 1/2 Star Spoiler-free review of #IntotheStorm from the perspective of a #RichardArmitage well-wisher

There are ordinary people who discover the hero within themselves under extraordinary circumstances.

Get ready to fall for the populace of Silverton, OK and the storm chasing team. This docufiction has other screening reviewers convinced that the footage is real; taken from actual tornado chaser and surveillance cameras. I watched YouTube to confirm the similarities, recalling how Richard and the cast would do so on the set and his comments that the green screen tornadoes were how he imagined them. Steven Quale (director), John Swetnam (writer) and Todd Garner (producer) have managed to put together a blockbuster.

The accuracy of the CGI will give flashbacks to disaster victims. I did find the film to be quite sensitive about the loss of life, emergency preparedness, why people chase/study storms and the courage of those who survive. There is the obvious comic relief duo purposefully placed to cut the tension. The film is one intense emotional roller-coaster ride. This script is neither a rip-off of Twister nor is it disrespectful to areas which have suffered a tornado tragedy (e.g. Joplin, MO, Moore, OK and others.) It will make one forget Twister was ever made. No goofy love triangle or villainous storm teams here.

For those well-wishers worried about Richard’s accent, he nailed it. Gary Fuller (yes – they changed the character’s' last name) and his sons Donnie (Max Deacon) and Trey (Nathan Kress) sound upper-middle class Midwest. I would say Richard slipped in a bit of Oakie at home in the kitchen, but it’s well done. In that same scene Gary apparently needs reading glasses for his paper at breakfast, but they are not seen again. As the stern single father being filmed by his kids, he gets laughs. I think he got bigger laughs than the YouTube guys because of the realistic family dynamic.

Into the Storm is not a movie which will make anyone (including Richard Armitage) a household name; this is more of an ensemble cast. Unfortunately there is one scene towards the middle of the film in which I feel Richard overacts and his hair is rather floppy. Perhaps I wanted to see more John Porter and less Guy of Gisborne in Gary Fuller. I wonder if my take will be different upon my next viewing – yes, I will ride this tornado again and again, if just to appreciate the film itself; truly spectacular on the big screen enhanced with ATMOS sound. I had goose bumps throughout the screening. Oh, and Richard in a suit/wet dress shirt. A lot of fine full body shots to admire.

The actor who made the biggest impression on me was Max Deacon. One of his scenes brought me to tears. Kudos to writer John Swetnam on his female characters. Alison Stone (Sarah Wayne Callies) is first and foremost a meteorologist and a single mom. She is not there to be ogled. (But yes, everybody will ship her with Gary.) She’s smart and snarky and real. She also does as much rescuing as being rescued. She cares about studying the storm to save lives. Kaitlyn (Alycia Debnam Carey) is also more concerned about her project than boys. There are some silly characters in the story too, but they feel like genuine people who are dumb versus poorly written ones.

I saw “Into the Storm” at the ICONShowplace in Chicago on July 10, 2014. We had a diverse audience in attendance; mostly people who go to a lot of free screenings. From conversations in line and with the host DJ, people had hardly heard of the film, let alone the actors nor had many watched the trailer. It took us (the audience) a few moments to quiet down during a cheesy opening scene. Later in the movie however, there were moments you could hear a pin drop. When they rolled the credits, we all broke out in applause.

See you at the movies!

sahRAobsessed

http://sahraobsessed.tumblr.com/post/92609701341/a-4-1-2-star-spoiler-free-review-of-intothestorm-from

BeitragVerfasst: 24.07.2014, 14:22 

7/10 von 'Guardian of Geek':

Zitat:
Into the Storm (2014) – Review
Mike Brooks | July 23, 2014 | Film, Reviews, Reviews | No Comments

This does seem to be another year of disaster movie mania, earlier in the year we got Pompeii which was basically Gladiator meets Titanic on the slopes of Dante’s Peak, then we had Darren Aronofsky’s Noah that of course is about the world’s first disaster story and was kind of dreadful, but now we have Into the Storm which tops them all in the epic nature carnage category. This is the film Jan de Bont’s Twister wanted to be.into-the-stormDirector Steven Quale decided to go the “found footage” route with this disaster flick and I must say it really makes the scenes much more visceral. What makes this stand out from most movies of that type is that we follow multiple sources; a group of storm chasers, redneck morons, high school kids, and then various security and news footage to flesh it out, but then he occasional abandons the found footage conceit for moments that would make no sense for a camera to be recording what we are seeing. I am totally okay with that.

The story, and I use the term “story” in its broadest sense of the world here, mainly focuses on two groups of people as a massive storm front rages across the poor town of Silverton and that is spawning tornadoes faster than you can say “There’s no place like home.”

The Storm Chasers: Pete (Matt Walsh) is a documentary filmmaker who specializes in tornado footage but it’s been a year since he got any good material and he’s about to lose his funding. He is this film’s Captain Ahab and who believes that with his super truck “The Titus” he can film from the inside of a tornadoes eye. Allison (Sarah Wayne Callies) is the meteorologist member of the team and whose main character trait is that she misses her daughter. They are accompanied by a small team of cameramen and drivers whose main jobs are to either be yelled at by Pete, get killed, or both. That the black guy survives to the end of the film earns this movie major points.

The Morris Family: Gary Morris (Richard Armitage) is a widower and dad to two teen-age sons. He is also the local schools vice principle and wound up a bit too tight. Donnie Morris (Max Deacon) is the resentful son who has become estranged from his father since the passing of their mother. Trey Morris (Nathan Kress) is the young son who basically would like everyone to just chill out. Thrown into that mix is Kaitlyn (Alycia Debnam Carey) the high school girl that Donnie has a crush on. Note: Disasters are amazing relationship builders.

The film does occasionally follow a couple of moronic rednecks whose apparent sole goal in life is to get a million YouTube hits and make tons of money off of it. That they constantly stand in front of oncoming tornadoes is not surprising.

Now when it comes to tornado action this film does not mess around, it spends just enough time with our main characters so that when the shit does hit the fan we actually care about them. It doesn’t have rival storm chasers in black vans working against our heroes as in some films *cough* Twister, because when you’re talking Mother Nature’s fury laying waste to all in her path you really don’t need a human villain to spice things up.

As for the films special effects I can’t praise them enough. I found myself holding my breath during many of the sequences where the main characters were either driving towards or fleeing the tornadoes and their destructive power. Wherever our heroes went they found themselves dodging tossed vehicles or various storm thrown debris but when the F5 passed through an airport and lifted jumbo jets as if they were Tinker Toys that was incredible to behold.

Now sure some of the dialogue was a bit corny at times and a couple of the characters were a tad bit clichéd, but overall I found myself emotionally moved way beyond what I’d expect from a popcorn disaster flick, and there is a scene where Donnie and Kaitlynn are pretty sure their time is up that is just damn powerful. Kudos to those young actors.

Simply put Into the Storm was an E ticket thrill ride that should make any fan of the genre incredibly happy. Steven Quale has taken the found footage format and taken it to a new level.

Into the Storm (2014)
Into the Storm poster
Rating: N/A/10 (N/A votes)
Director: Steven Quale
Writer: John Swetnam
Stars: Sarah Wayne Callies, Richard Armitage, Jeremy Sumpter, Nathan Kress
Runtime: 89 min
Rated: PG-13
Genre: Action, Thriller
Released: 08 Aug 2014
Plot: A group of high school students document the events and aftermath of a devastating tornado.

Into the Storm (2014)

Movie Rank - 7/10

Summary

Director Steven Quale gives fans of disaster movies everything they could want from the genre, good characters facing off against the extreme power of Mother Nature. The cast all put in solid performances and the effects work is top notch.

http://guardiansofgeek.com/film/filmreviews/into-the-storm-2014-review/

BeitragVerfasst: 24.07.2014, 19:33 

Damit könnte man doch ganz gut leben (merke: mein Tipp war 13% bei Rotten Tomatoes). Zum Akzent höre ich auch nur positives, non discript midwestern, oder auch upper middle class mit einem Schuss oakie am heimischen Frühstückstisch. Wenn weder der Akzent noch der film selbst etwas ist, für das er sich schämen muss, bin ich schon zufrieden.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 24.07.2014, 21:43 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

http://guylty.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/ ... -comiccon/
Thanks, guylty! :blum:

Zitat:
Review: Kathy Braves Into The Storm at ComicCon

guylty
July 24, 2014
[Our very own Kathy Jones has braved not only the smelly hallowed halls of San Diego ComicCon but has also taken it upon herself to attend the preview screening of Into The Storm. This is her review, or in her own words her "impressions of the movie, as a fan girl".]

Behind the behind

Gary Protects
Primus inter Pares? Armitage as part of the ITS cast. Image: Warner Bros.
Richard Armitage does not blow you away in his performance as the stalwart teacher/dad/hero of Into the Storm, but not because of lack of talent or effort. The tornadoes are the stars of this film, and the humans only exist to provide a scale by which we can measure the power of these massively destructive storms.

The film unfolds on a day when various people are literally thrown together and have to cooperate to survive. The actors work as an ensemble, more than individuals, which may have been intentional, since one person alone cannot possibly withstand the killing strength of the storms. I did not have stop watch, but screen time and dialog seemed spread equally among the principal players. As a Richard fan, I was of course disappointed that he was not on screen longer and with more closeups.

Athletic Armitage
Athletic Armitage Gif: Warner Bros.
His American accent was ok, I don’t think people unfamiliar with his work would notice it. It seems to slightly slip in a couple of places, but not horribly. As a demented loyal fan, his voice is not the powerful instrument he uses in the play [The Crucible] or as Thorin, but it is appropriate for this role as “everyman” trying to cope with a disaster out of his control. It is just not what we are accustomed to hearing lately. Perhaps because the film was shot approximately two years ago. He looks great, very buff , not the Lucas physique at all. This movie is great popcorn, summer entertainment. The audience was extremely engaged, some on the edge of their seats, and laughed at the comic relief which is sprinkled throughout the film. Richard’s strained relationship with his “sons” is very well-defined, in the short time it is given on screen.

Thunder Thighs
Thunder and Thighs. Physical acting for the benefit of the fangirls. Thank you Warner Bros.
I would recommend this film to anyone who just wants to chill out and have good time at the movies. As a fan, I had (probably unrealistic) hopes that this role would put Richard on the map in people’s minds and if not make him a “star” at least help him on his way because he is using his own face and body in the role. This is not Die Hard and he is not Bruce Willis. I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think this role will propel his career to new heights, but it will not harm it in any way either. He is not given enough to do. But to be fair, I would complain about that if it was a one-man-show. He is a more than competent as an action hero and he has managed to put a few flourishes on his character that fans will recognize. Small smiles, glances, touches to humanize his character subtly.

This review is strictly my opinion only. I realize the “star” thing is something he probably doesn’t want or need. That is coming from me, because I love his work and he will get more of it the more he is known. Some of the reviews of the play have referred to him as a “movie star”, already, and technically, he is one. But increased name recognition would be nice, because even after all this time and his wonderful work, most people (at least here in America) say”Richard who?” I am sure all of us fans will go and see this film in support of RA even if I had said it was terrible. But I am happy to report it is better than OK, go and have fun with it.

Gary Wet
Not a wet shirt but a buff hero. Armitage as Gary Fuller in Into The Storm. Image: Warner Bros.
Thank you to Kathy for a great first response – written at 3 am in the morning!!! Your dedication is very much appreciated! And reading a review from someone whose judgment I am familiar with from many comments on my and many other blogs certainly adds authority to the verdict. I can only say that I look forward to watching the wet shirt tornadoes myself, soon.

BeitragVerfasst: 31.07.2014, 18:43 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Hier hat sich schon jemand - ganz privat und deshalb nicht im Presse-Thread - eine Kritik zu ITS erlaubt (Marlise Boland twitterte, sie darf erst, wenn der Film raus ist)

http://katesmovies.tumblr.com/post/9338 ... -the-storm

BeitragVerfasst: 31.07.2014, 19:25 

:winke: Ich habe Deinen Beitrag hierher verschoben, Arianna. Vielen Dank dafür. :kuss:

Immer nur her mit offiziellen und weniger offiziellen Kritiken zu ItS. ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 31.07.2014, 19:28 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Danke, Laudine! :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 01.08.2014, 06:38 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Ein main character stirbt? :bibber: :bibber: :bibber:

BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2014, 03:15 
Guy of Gisbornes Gefolgsfrau

Ich habe gerade den its Trailer auf amc gesehen :heartthrow: :heartthrow:

Bin zur Zeit zufällig in den USA und werde natürlich am 7.8. Ins Kino gehen und euch berichten :grins:

BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2014, 08:34 
Little Miss Gisborne

Das ist ja klasse, Nora! :hurra:

Wir freuen uns schon sehr auf deinen Bericht! :grins:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 46 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde