Aktuelle Zeit: 19.04.2024, 23:07

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 220 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 17.03.2016, 13:30 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-03- ... f-the-show

Zitat:
Hannibal producer blames pirates for death of the show
Martha De Laurentiis has written an impassioned piece about the difficulty of keeping the series alive in the face of colossal illegal downloading

Hannibal producer blames pirates for death of the show
By Kasia Delgado
Thursday 17 March 2016 at 11:32AM
When the news broke last year that Hannibal may have had his last supper on American network NBC, fans signed petitions and started campaigns to get the show back on air. But despite all the effort, the prognosis wasn't — and still isn't — good.
And the show's executive producer, Martha De Laurentiis, has now said that high levels of piracy were at least partly responsible for the death of the cult Silence of the Lambs prequel.

"When NBC decided not to renew Hannibal for a fourth season — a show on which I served as executive producer — it wasn’t much of a leap to connect its fate with the fact that the show was ranked as the fifth-most illegally downloaded show in 2013," wrote De Laurentiis for The Hill.
"Did pirates kill Hannibal? Unfortunately, that is a cliffhanger that might last for a while. With more than 2 million viewers watching our show illegally, it’s hard not to think online pirates were, at the very least, partly responsible for hundreds of crew members losing their jobs and millions of fans — who watched the show legitimately — mourning the loss of a beloved program."
De Laurentiis's argument may or may not hold water. Game of Thrones is famously the most illegally downloaded show on TV — and also one of the most successful.

Glaub ich jetzt auch nicht- es ist einfach von der Thematik her eher etwas für ein Nischenpublikum, dass da beim Canceln illegale Downloads eine Rolle gespielt haben sollen, für mich eher unwahrscheinlich.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 17.03.2016, 13:30 

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2016, 16:02 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/hannibal/n ... witterpost

Zitat:
16 MAY 2016TVUS TVHANNIBAL
Hannibal is named the greatest TV drama of the 21st century by Digital Spy readers
NBC's late, lamented series storms to victory in a poll of thousands.

Simply delicious - Hannibal has been named the greatest TV drama of the 21st century.

40,000 of you voted for your favourites in Digital Spy's poll - but it was NBC's brutal, beautiful thriller that won out.

Support from Fannibals saw the show soar to victory with almost a thousand more votes than its nearest competitor - The Walking Dead.
In total, Hannibal - which starred Mads Mikkelsen as the eponymous killer and Hugh Dancy as his conflicted nemesis Will Graham - managed 4.3k, over 10% of the total vote.

Sherlock was the highest-ranking British show on our list, charting fifth with 2.3k, while Doctor Who came in 9th with 1.6k.

A surprising entry at number 8 was The Night Manager with 1.7k - hugely popular despite only airing in the UK in March - and not even having wrapped yet in the US.

10th place was hotly contested - 24 ended up edging out Broadchurch... by just ONE VOTE.

The full top 10 - with voting stats - is as follows:

1. Hannibal - 4.3k

2. The Walking Dead - 3.4k

3. Game of Thrones - 3.1k

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 2.9k

5. Sherlock - 2.3k

6. Breaking Bad - 2.1k

7. Lost - 1.8k

8. The Night Manager - 1.7k

9. Doctor Who - 1.6k

10. 24 - 857

BeitragVerfasst: 16.05.2016, 18:00 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Gar nicht schlecht für ein Nischenprodukt. :evilgrin: ;) Es ist schon undurchschaubar, wann sich wo warum welcher Fandom "durchsetzt". :nix:

Danke für's Herüberholen, Nimue. :kuss:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 17.10.2017, 19:42 

Richard hat bei den TV-Kritikern offensichtlich als Francis Dolarhyde einen bleibenden Eindruck hinterlassen:

Zitat:
The Scariest Serial Killers on TV, According to Critics — IndieWire Survey
From carvers to cannibals, these completely disturbed TV killers acquired a "taste" for taking lives.

Hanh Nguyen

Every week, IndieWire asks a select handful of TV critics two questions and publishes the results on Tuesday. (The answer to the second, “What is the best show currently on TV?” can be found at the end of this post.)

This week’s question: Who is the scariest serial killer on TV? You define “scary.” Old and current shows fair game.

Damian Holbrook (@damianholbrook), TV Guide Magazine

OK, so he wasn’t necessarily a serial killer, but “Nip/Tuck’s” The Carver gave me a serious case of the scareds. After his first appearance near the end of Season 2, the porcelain-masked serial-slashing maniac who was all about slicing up hot people (because “beauty is a curse,” of course!) ran amok in Season 3 and the amount of series-regular characters he went after was kind of unprecedented. All of the leads met his blade – he even raped Christian, which btw, I don’t recall ever being addressed as a thing that happened. As the list of victims grew, the list of suspects shrank but thanks to a world where there was nary a social-media culture or spoiler-alert outlet, fans were able to be freaked out all the way to the season-finale reveal that it was penis-less plastic surgeon Quentin Costa (Bruno Campos), working in tandem with his detective sister Kit (Rhona Mitra), who was behind “The Strangers”-like mask.

Eric Deggans (@deggans), NPR

It would be bad form to reveal the TV serial killer who has scared me the most recently, but he’s featured in a pivotal scene from the last episode in David Fincher’s excellent Netflix series “Mindhunter” – a fictionalized take on the development of the science for profiling serial killers (don’t skip ahead to find him; you won’t really be creeped out unless you watch all the episodes in order). What’s really scary is how many serial killer characters there are to choose from on TV, from “American Horror Story’s” Bloody Face, who wore a mask of his victims’ hair and skin, to super creepy, inbred abused groundskeeper Errol Childress on the HBO’s first season of “True Detective” and the pop culture master of serial butchers, Hannibal Lecter on NBC’s “Hannibal.”
Read More:‘Mindhunter’: The Cast of Killers Ranked by Their Serial-ously Creepy Performances

But for me, the two of the three scariest TV serial killers were on the same show; Showtime’s “Dexter” featured Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan, a serial killer who channeled his impulses into murdering murderers, hiding his dark secret with a public identity as a mild mannered forensic technician. But he nearly met his match with John Lithgow’s Arthur Mitchell, also known as the Trinity Killer, a brilliantly ruthless serial murderer who seemed a mild-mannered suburban dad on the surface, but had been killing people for 30 years when Dexter finally caught up with him (spoiler alert, Mitchell manages to kill Dexter’s wife before he dies, in the show’s best plot twist during its run). My final, favorite TV serial killer is Sylar, the murderer of super powered people on NBC’s “Heroes.” Besides introducing Zachary Quinto to TV fans everywhere, Sylar was the best villain during the heyday of NBC’s sorta superhero series, featuring a guy driven to kill other super-powered people to absorb their abilities. I guess, for me, the killers who look like everyday people are always the most frightening.

Allison Keene (@KeeneTV), Collider

For me it’s not just one serial killer, but a host of them. The crimes featured on “Luther” almost exclusively featured young women getting butchered. The show’s focus on that, and the terrifying ways the killers often gained access to the women’s homes, made me check my locks, look under the bed, and investigate all closets before going to sleep. I love crime shows and I’m rarely freaked out by the criminals portrayed in them, but something about “Luther” really struck a chord with me. I later found out that it wasn’t just me — several of my friends admitted that they had trouble sleeping and were exceptionally paranoid about intruders after a “Luther” binge. There was just something particularly visceral about how the crimes happened and the intimate yet chaotic way they were portrayed that lingered with me long after I had watched.

Runners up worth mentioning: BOB from “Twin Peaks” (who is my forever nightmare) and the killer in the background from “Too Many Cooks.” I still find both terrifying.
Liz Shannon Miller (@lizlet), IndieWire

Hi, guys, time to revisit Season 1 of “The X-Files” and the creep-tastic experience that was Luther Lee Boggs in “Beyond the Sea.” Anyone who isn’t still haunted by Brad Dourif’s performance is someone who never actually watched the episode. But I feel sorry for you, because it’s a great episode of a great show.

Todd VanDerWerff (@tvoti), Vox

This is the biggest cheat of all time, but when I think about TV that’s scared me, I have to come back to all of the unsolved murders of “Unsolved Mysteries,” many of which were committed by serial killers. The series’ wide reach means that if you revisit some of its segments all these years later, they’ve often been solved. But there are still so many tantalizing stories that remain open, as mysterious now as they were in the ’80s and ’90s. And the low-rent aesthetic of the show, combined with Robert Stack’s intentionally flat narration, means that the segments about, say, two people out for a Sunday drive who pass by a man shoving bloody sheets down some sort of storm drain gain an unexpected and added terror. There’s just something about watching a famous case, one often involving a famous serial killer, in grainy, scuzzy “Unsolved Mysteries” vision to get my spine shivering.

Alan Sepinwall (@sepinwall), Uproxx

The scariest, deadliest, nastiest, meanest, roughest, toughest, most monstrous serial killer in the history of television is, of course, Landry “Lance” Clarke from “Friday Night Lights.” Lance developed his taste for killin’ while still a teenager, when he murdered the man who had assaulted the object of his desire, Tyra Collette. The two of them teamed up to hide the body. Lance felt remorse over that first killing, but when he confessed to his police officer father, Mr. Clarke helped get the boy out of it, and from then on, remorse became a thing of the past. Lance’s killing spree has spread across the country, from Texas, to New Mexico (where he murdered both a young boy on a dirt bike and a single mother, all while also helping to run the Southwest’s most lucrative meth lab, all to support his crush on an older woman), to Minnesota (where he helped his wife — another blonde who brought out his protective instincts again in the worst possible way — dispose of yet another corpse, this time monstrously chopping it up at the butcher shop where he worked when he wasn’t busy satisfying his own bloodlust). Landry Clarke is still at large, and should be considered armed and dangerous — especially if he’s fallen in love yet again.

April Neale (@aprilmac), Monsters & Critics

Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lecter in NBC’s series “Hannibal,” hands down! James Purefoy gets 2nd place for his role as Joe Carroll in Fox’s “The Following” (also canceled after 3 seasons like “Hannibal”!)

But I’m going Mads.

The Lecter character was introduced to the culture in Thomas Harris’s 1981 novel, “Red Dragon,” with Anthony Hopkins slaying the role in the 1991 film “The Silence of the Lambs” (to the tune of an Oscar for that performance).

When I heard about a broadcast network taking on this iconic villain, it was a joke to me UNTIL I saw the screener for the premiere. Mikkelsen took this role and ate it alive! I mean, his cheekbones alone could probably kill you if you kissed him too hard or at the wrong angle.

Three seasons wasn’t enough. This was a brilliant adult drama for broadcast, and it was a sad day when NBC announced it was over. At least his very talented castmate Richard Armitage is front and center in “Berlin Station” for EPIX. Mads is a fantastic actor with a complex range I would love to see more of his work, not just in film but TV too.

Joyce Eng (@joyceeng61), TVGuide.com

I love any good TV murderer, but I’ll have to go with “Hannibal.” One, because Mads Mikkelsen completely made the character his own and kinda made you forget about Anthony Hopkins for a hot sec. Two, because he’s not traditionally scary, which is precisely what makes him so chilling. He’s so cool, unassuming, sharply dressed and before you know it, he’s having you for dinner. Related: His wordplay is on point.

Ben Travers (@BenTTravers), IndieWire

Guys, it’s Kevin Garvey. No one killed anyone more meaningful, more often, than Kevin Garvey. Every one of his multiple suicides gave viewers such a scare because there was always the possibility he wouldn’t come back. No one even knew he could come back the first time he went… wherever he went. Remember the pain you felt when he drank the poison and Michael dragged him out of Virgil’s trailer by his feet? Or when he dunked himself into an Australian lake, not knowing if he’d ever come back out? Or when his father pushed him down into the bathtub, drowning him in a last-ditch effort to save the world? Every time was terrifying (especially when John Murphy shot him in front of his own dog) and if the trips he took weren’t so brilliant, it would’ve been downright cruel of Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta to make us agonize over the same death so many times. It still hurts just thinking about it. Better add a .gif for comfort.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/serial-killer-hannibal-mindhunter-dexter-tv-critics-1201888061/

BeitragVerfasst: 13.04.2018, 20:46 

Die dritte Staffel von 'Hannibal' wird von Entertainment Weekly' für die beste der drei Staffeln gehalten:

Zitat:
63 of 72

Hannibal, Season 3

With each season, Bryan Fuller’s adaptation of Thomas Harris’ novels became increasingly detached from reality until we arrived at the third season, which felt more like a fever dream than the quasi-procedural the show appeared to be when it first premiered. The season began with Will Graham chasing Hannibal to Italy in order to exact his revenge over the traumatic events of the season 2 finale, and the second half of the season was luscious and bizarre adaptation of Thomas Harris’ The Red Dragon. These two story arcs showed the series at its best. What’s remarkable about the nightmarish final season is that it ends up making the strongest case for allowing the show to end there, putting a frightening period on the odd, complicated, and engrossing relationship between Will and Hannibal. — Chancellor Agard

http://ew.com/tv/the-best-season-of-70-shows/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social#hannibal-season-3

BeitragVerfasst: 29.01.2022, 07:34 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Die Serie wirkt nach: Hier ist ein sehr ausführliches Loblied auf die ganze Serie, aber Richard wird für seine Darstellung des Dolarhyde lobend erwähnt:

https://movieweb.com/hannibal-tv-best-version/

Zitat:
Here's What Makes NBC's Hannibal the Best Lecter Adaptation
BY KENNETH BIEBER

PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

Hannibal Lecter is one of the most iconic characters of all time, and NBC'S television version is the greatest and most underrated iteration.
Hannibal Lecter is arguably one of, if not the most popular villain ever committed to the screen. Though Michael Mann's brilliant (but box-office flop) Manhunter may have introduced the character cinematically, Hannibal was only embraced by mainstream audiences following the success of 1991's The Silence of the Lambs which won 5 Academy Awards including Best Picture. The character has appeared in numerous films and novels, and has been portrayed by legendary actors such as Brian Cox and Anthony Hopkins. In 2013, Bryan Fuller, creator of beloved series Pushing Daises and Dead Like Me, decided to revamp the character for the small screen and created Hannibal, which ran for three seasons on NBC and starred Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lecter and Hugh Dancy as Will Graham. Fuller's take on the lore and characters was psychological, twisted, darkly comic, and artistically bold, and expanded on the themes explored in Thomas Harris' novels.

ADVERTISEMENT

While Hannibal as a series didn't remain on the air for too long, it earned a cult following and critical acclaim during it's run. For many fans, Fuller's take on Hannibal has become the definitive version of the character. From the complex character study of its two leads, imaginative visuals, and unique take on combining its source material, Fuller's Hannibal certainly makes a case for itself as the best iteration of the Harris characters. Let's break down the reasons why it stands as the most accomplished take on the character so far, and how Hannibal goes down smooth in the lineage of Lecter adaptations.

Will and Hannibal's Dynamic

One of the key relationships in the Hannibal Lecter franchise is that of detective Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter. While it's briefly explored in films such as the aforementioned Manhunter and Brett Ratner's Red Dragon, Fuller centers his series around the parallels between the two, and the almost homoerotic relationship which gradually develops. In the series, Lecter serves as Will's psychologist before the two enter into a cat-and-mouse relationship that drives much of the show's action. The way Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen portray their characters adds a fresh perspective, and both immerse themselves completely in the roles. Fuller's storytelling also emphasizes the similarities between them both and explores how Hannibal cares for Will and manipulates him; it's truly one of the strongest meditations on abusive relationships ever put to film. Each character's progression from season to season truly gives us the most layered approach yet, and Fuller adds an element of almost Shakespearean tragedy to their twisted dynamic.

In previous adaptations, the Will and Hannibal dynamic was explored in a minimal and surface-level manner. In Fuller's Hannibal, its given a richer and nuanced approach that redefines both characters. Fuller allows us to see the humanity in both Graham and Lecter, and the end results are surprisingly moving. While there's been multiple retellings of the Will and Hannibal relationship, Fuller's version is the most complex and personal take to date.

The Visual Aesthetic

For a character such as the fine-wine-drinking, exquisitely-dressed Hannibal Lecter, appearance means everything. Bryan Fuller's Hannibal took that motto to heart when it came to the visual department. Fuller has a knack for imaginative and surreal imagery, and Hannibal is filled to the brim with those touches. The murders in the series are both grotesque yet beautiful, and full of stunning sequences. Highlights include a man's body trapped in honey in season one, a barn silo full of aesthetically arranged bodies in season two, and Will Graham's hallucinations throughout each season which are all surreal yet beautifully filmed and staged. The art direction creates an atmosphere and mood that accentuates the storytelling, and the series also utilizes locations to tremendous effect (such as the first half of season three, which takes place in Venice). In many ways, the visuals of Hannibal are characters themselves; Fuller uses his visual style to both set tone and reveal character which allows viewers to feel truly immersed.

For many series revolving around serial killers, the visual element can be key. For Hannibal, Bryan Fuller brought an artful sensibility to his visuals which led to some truly captivating filmmaking. Fuller even told his directors and crew, "We are not making television. We are making a pretentious art film from the '80s." In terms of style, Hannibal may be the most beautifully filmed adaptation yet. Also, the fact that Fuller and company created what they did on prime-time NBC, no less, is truly an achievement in and of itself. Aside from Twin Peaks, there has literally been nothing so visually captivating on cable television as Hannibal.

Reinterpretation of the Source Material

The Thomas Harris novels have spawned many films and adaptations throughout the years. When bringing the series to television, Fuller decided to reinvent characters and plot-lines from the films and novels in order to keep audiences on their toes, as many viewers had read the books and seen the films and thought they knew what to expect. Throughout the series, characters such as Mason and Margo Verger, Francis Doyle AKA the Red Dragon, and Dr. Chilton appear, however their arcs differ from their original interpretations. In season two, for instance, Fuller expands the relationship between Mason and Margo Verger and gives us insight into how he became the deformed villain we saw in 2001's Hannibal. We also get to see new takes on characters such as Dr. Chilton, originally a minor character in Silence of the Lambs, who is given an arc and motivations of his own in this series.
Fuller also manages to add freshness to characters we've seen before. In the case of season three's Red Dragon arc, we get to spend more time with the Francis Doyle character and gain a deeper understanding of his psyche than in previous versions. Throughout the series, Fuller also weaves in plot points and nods to Hannibal Rising and Silence of The Lambs but manages to add a unique perspective to these elements, even somewhat queering the characters over the course of the show in incredible ways. While most franchises would settle for simple fan service, Fuller manages to both pay tribute and re-examine the history of the character here.

The Casting

With characters as iconic as Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham, casting is a crucial element. Thankfully, both Hugh Dancy and Madds Milkkelsen more than gamely inhabit their respective roles, and both offer an original take on their characters and add gravitas to each of their scenes together. Dancy manages to find the humanity and vulnerability in Graham and Milkkelsen wisely avoids channeling Hopkins in favor of a darkly comic, charming yet chilling take on the character. Despite the strength of its two leads, Hannibal manages to showcase a strong ensemble as well.

Veteran actor Laurence Fishburne fleshes out the character of Jack Crawford, and Caroline Dhavernas adds toughness and humanity to her role as Dr. Alana Bloom. Gillian Anderson as Bedelia Du Maurier Hannibal's psychiatrist delivers a truly nuanced and haunting performance, and Raul Esparza's humorous and villainous take on Dr. Chilton is delightful to watch.

The guest stars as well add tremendous value. Michael Pitt's delightfully vicious turn as Mason Verger in season two is a highlight, Katherine Isabelle delivers a subtle yet affecting turn as Margo Verger, and Richard Armitage delivers a tragic and intimate performance as Francis Doyle in season three. Overall, Hannibal benefits greatly not just from its well-chosen leads, but it's truly uniform ensemble as well.

It Broke New Ground
It isn't often that a primetime psychological thriller airing on NBC and adapting a familiar property is said to be innovative. However, Hannibal managed to do just that, bringing something original to the medium. Despite its network of choice, the series had production value and filmmaking worthy of HBO or Showtime, and its take on the crime drama and psychological thriller both subverted the genres and reminded us why we find these types of stories so exciting. Hannibal was also innovative for how it approached its character arcs and long-form narrative, elevating them beyond the tropes of the serialized genre. While Hannibal Lecter had been featured in film before, Fuller was able to convince viewers that there was more story to tell, and redefined our view of the character in the process.

When it comes to groundbreaking television, many shows typically enter the conversation. While Hannibal may not have always received the same level of attention and was always underrated, it more than established its pedigree for inventive storytelling and filmmaking in its brief run. Ultimately, when it comes to adapting a classic character, expectations of doing them justice are likely to arise. For Bryan Fuller's Hannibal, the team involved managed to craft a distinct and artistic reinterpretation of the source material, using great acting to create powerful relationships, along with brilliant visuals and more interesting psychology. For these reasons, it stands to date as the most accomplished and definitive adaptation of the Hannibal character, and is continuing to garner fans and support to this day.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.01.2022, 16:09 
Guy of Gisbornes Gefolgsfrau

Danke Arianna :blum:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.01.2022, 22:09 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Nicole hat geschrieben:

Bitte, gerne!
Und wir wissen natürlich, dass Richard nur Herrn Dolarhyde gespielt hat. Herr Doyle war nicht am Set. :lol:

BeitragVerfasst: 30.01.2022, 16:24 
Guy of Gisbornes Gefolgsfrau

Ich dachte mir noch das da was nicht stimmt. :scratch:

BeitragVerfasst: 31.01.2022, 20:43 

Arianna hat geschrieben:
Nicole hat geschrieben:

Bitte, gerne!
Und wir wissen natürlich, dass Richard nur Herrn Dolarhyde gespielt hat. Herr Doyle war nicht am Set. :lol:

:pc: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:
Solche Versehen/Fehler sind nicht mit Gold aufzuwiegen.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 220 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde