Aktuelle Zeit: 20.04.2024, 06:46

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 249 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2016, 19:36 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Super. :daumen: Ich bin schon sehr gespannt. :sigh:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 01.06.2016, 19:36 

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2016, 19:48 
Richard's favourite bedtime storyteller

Das sind doch nun wirklich schöne News... endlich mal einer der Filme in Aussicht...

Bild I will be always your LucasGirl
and yes, I love Francis, Daniel & Raymond,2
Bild

FD: 'You see me now, Yes
That's how you feel to see me
Do you feel me now? Yes'

BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2016, 20:54 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Ein Lichtblick am heutigen Tag :daumen: !

BeitragVerfasst: 20.07.2016, 22:46 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

https://twitter.com/Scannain_com/status ... 2482440192

Zitat:
Broad Green are due to release Gerard Barrett's Brain on Fire later this year. https://t.co/eG9Nt3Snn7

... Aber klingt das gut? :scratch: :bibber:

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/broad- ... 201707681/

BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2016, 14:40 
Richard's purrrfect transylvanian bat

Nicht wirklich. Dabei war BoF doch noch eines der aussichtsreichsten Projekte...
Das ist alles hartes Brot in der Filmindustrie und nicht mal Auszeichnungen auf diversen Festivals garantieren finanziellen Erfolg (meistens sogar gerade das Gegenteil :? ).
Üben wir uns also wie immer in Geduld und unerschöpflicher Zuversicht.

Danke für's Posten, Arianna.

BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2016, 17:10 

Keine Panik:

Zitat:
Scannain ‏@Scannain_com

Scannain hat IndieWire retweetet

Broad Green are due to release Gerard Barrett's Brain on Fire later this year.

Zitat:
Scannain hat hinzugefügt
IndieWire @IndieWire
The Broad Green Layoffs: Why Good Movies Aren’t Enough to Avoid The Startup Curse http://bit.ly/29U5oQ2
r

Richard Armitage US ‏@RArmitage_US

@Scannain_com It's not listed. It wasn't in the Variety article, and I don't see it here. Am I missing it? Are you sure it wasn't affected?

Scannain@Scannain_com

@RArmitage_US They've only two films with confirmed releases. Brain on Fire should hit TIFF and then get a release date around that time.

https://twitter.com/Scannain_com/status/756009626097811456

BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2016, 17:23 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Aber leider auch mit diesem Nachsatz:
https://twitter.com/Scannain_com/status ... 8902981632

Zitat:
Thanks for this new #BrainOnFireMonicaGipsy hat hinzugefügt,
Scannain @Scannain_com
@RArmitage_US They've only two films with confirmed releases. Brain on Fire should hit TIFF and then get a release date around that time.

Scannain
‏@Scannain_com
@MonicaGipsy @RArmitage_US More calculated speculation than news.

Klingt jetzt nicht soo verheißungsvoll.... :sigh2:

BeitragVerfasst: 21.07.2016, 18:58 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Eben... :sigh:

BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2016, 20:19 

Na, also. :daumen: War der Optimismus doch nicht unangebracht. 8) Alles zur heutigen Ankündigung der Premiere und mehr hier.

BeitragVerfasst: 16.08.2016, 20:25 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Endlich, endlich tut sich was! :hurra: :daumen:

BeitragVerfasst: 25.09.2016, 10:40 

Nach diesem Artikel des 'Irish Independent' scheint 'Brain on Fire' noch in diesem Jahr in die Kinos Irlands zu kommen. Ich weiß jetzt zwar nicht, woraus die Autorin die Aussage "positive reviews, meaning that Barrett's latest project is one of the Irish industry's big hopes for 2016" ableitet, aber vielleicht verfügt sie über (unpubliziertes) Wissen, auf das wir keinen Zugriff haben. ;) Wobei ich ganz allgemein gespannt bin, wie der Film letztlich vom Publikum, aber auch dies- und jenseits des Atlantiks aufgenommen wird.

Zitat:
Page-turner to premiere: new book-to-film greats
Literature has always been a rich seam to mine, but new fiction may yield some truly great movies, writes Tanya Sweeney

Published
24/09/2016 | 02:30

'The best zombie film since '28 Days Later' is high praise indeed for a new film, but then avid bibliophiles already know that 'The Girl With All The Gifts' is a tale with a difference.

Adapted from the smash hit novel by MR Carey and starring Paddy Considine, Glenn Close and Gemma Arterton, the film (out on September 23) is set in a near future, where humanity has been decimated by flesh-eating 'hungries'. Only children seem immune to its effect, and a small group of youngsters is studied in the remote countryside by scientists. One little girl, Melanie, stands out from the others, and is fiercely protected by her teacher Miss Justineau. And in determining the future humanity, both have quite the battle on their hands.

The book has already taken the sci-fi community by storm, and producers are confident that the whip-smart film will enthral moviegoers and win a whole new fanbase.

It's the first film out of the gate as a bumper season of book adaptations kicks off. From Colm Toibin's 'Brooklyn' and Emma Donoghue's 'Room' to Cheryl Strayed's 'Wild' and John Ridley's '12 Years A Slave', movie executives love looking towards the bestseller lists for inspiration. Already this year, we've enjoyed an embarrassment of literary riches, from Jojo Moyes' 'Me Before You' and Roald Dahl's 'The BFG' to,…eh, 'Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates' (written by brothers Mike & Dave Stangle).

And now that the summer blockbuster season is winding down and making way for early Oscar contenders and more cerebral offerings, fiction fans are in for a real treat as several bestsellers have recently been reimagined and given the big-screen treatment. Given that it's almost always a good idea to read the book before watching the film, here are the titles to ask for in your local library…

1. Brain on Fire (out late 2016)

Tralee native Gerard Barrett - the man behind 2014's sleeper hit 'Glassland' - has teamed up with Charlize Theron, who will produce the adaptation of Susannah Cahalan's memoir 'Brain On Fire: My Month Of Madness'. Chronicling Cahalan's life as a journalist battling a rare autoimmune disorder and veering wildly from catatonia to violence, 'Brain On Fire' will star Chloe Moretz in the lead role (after Dakota Fanning left the project). The film premiered at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this month to positive reviews, meaning that Barrett's latest project is one of the Irish industry's big hopes for 2016.

2. Girl On The Train (out October 7)

Paula Hawkins' psychological thriller, about a heavily drinking woman who sees something untoward through a train window on her local commute, became the 'Gone Girl' of 2015. Little wonder, then, that the film rights were snapped up before one could say 'another book with the word Girl in it'. With the action moving from London to New York, Emily Blunt will take on the role of troubled divorcee Rachel Watson, and will be ably abetted by an all-star cast including Justin Theroux, Luke Evans and Lisa Kudrow. The lead character has shapeshifted a bit too. The overweight Rachel in the book has given way to Emily Blunt's typical Hollywood (read: not really extreme) makeunder.

3. The Glorious Heresies (out 2017)

Galway-based novelist Lisa McInerney is already basking in glory after winning a slew of awards (including the Bailey's Prize), and her debut could see her becoming the toast of Tinseltown, too. 'The Glorious Heresies' has been optioned for TV in a deal with boutique TV production company Fifty Fathoms. Julian Farino, the man behind shows such as 'Entourage' and 'Sex & The City', will direct and executive produce a series adaptation of 'The Glorious Heresies', a book he said was "made for the screen". McInerney will be responsible for adapting her novel. Asked who might play the lead roles, the author said: "No idea or tips or anything on who might be cast. Some Corkonians, hopefully. Speculate away! I wonder what Cillian's up to these days." The ball's in your court, Mr Murphy…

4. The Light Between Oceans (out November 4)

Much has already been said about the on-screen chemistry between Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander (lovers in real life)… but did you know that the film existed as a heart-wrenching novel first? ML Steadman's book is the tale of a lighthouse keeper and his wife, who discover a baby and a dead body off the coast of their home in Australia. Some are already saying that a brooding lighthouse keeper is the role that Kerry native Fassbender was born to play.

5. A Monster Calls (out January 2017)

Liam Neeson teams up with Sigourney Weaver and Felicity Jones for this Patrick Ness fantasy bestseller. A young boy has problems with local bullies, and deals with his sorry lot in life by inventing a world filled with monsters and other outlandish creatures. Ness' world already jumps off the page, and his imaginative scope is likely to work well with a big film budget.

6. Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them (out November 18)

Given that JK Rowling has revisited the Harry Potter universe, it's safe to assume that anticipation for this particular film will be running at fever pitch. In it, Eddie Redmayne will star in what's already being mooted as a trilogy about Newt Scamander, author of the textbooks that Harry and his pals study at Hogwarts.

7. The Circle (out early 2017)

Dave Eggers took a stab at imagining a dystopian world in which a Google-style tech behemoth pretty much runs the universe, and it's a considered, intriguing tale that is ripe for awards season glory. Emma Watson plays Mae, the cynical newcomer. John Boyega and Tom Hanks co-star.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/book-news/pageturner-to-premiere-new-booktofilm-greats-35072050.html

BeitragVerfasst: 26.09.2016, 14:46 

Viele Infos zum Film, aber auch zur Premiere in Toronto:

Zitat:
Interview with Rob Merilees, Producer of Brain on Fire

Posted by Hillary Butler on Sep 25, 2016 in All, drama, Film, Headline, Interviews

Making a film is wrought with all sorts of challenges. The director might need to get that particular shot before the sun goes down. An actor might need to delve deep in an emotional scene… and then do it over and over until they get just the right take. The crew might have one chance to get that huge explosive effect just right. But many of the challenges of filmmaking happen even before the camera starts rolling, and fall on the shoulder of the producer, without whom the movie wouldn’t even get off the ground. One such producer is Rob Merilees, whose most recent project, Brain on Fire (read my review), had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.

While he’s now been in the business about 21 years, Merilees initially worked in the education system and as a restaurant manager before his involvement in a friend’s movie. And that was it. Having been bitten by the movie making bug, he started a company called Infinity Features and went about learning the business. Along with another producer they started making movies. “Each of them showed me how to produce things,” says Merilees, “And the first movie I made sort of on my lonesome was a $10 million Canadian feature that I put together the cash for and did. Charles Martin Smith directed and it was called The Snow Walker.”

They ended up taking that film to the Toronto International Film Festival, among others, and doors started opening. “It became a lot easier for me to get movies made,” he explains. “We had Infinity [Features] for a bunch of years and I think the most notable movie that we made was Capote and the movie called Just Friends. The last one we made with that company was the The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, which was a Terry Gilliam movie where Heath Ledger passed away.” After that last film, Merilees’ business partner Bill Vince unfortunately passed away from cancer. Rob started over, creating Foundation Features which has now been around for eight years.

That company has been involved in both film and television productions, both of which offer their own set of challenges. “Putting feature films together is hard, but it’s not impossible,” Rob says. “Putting scripted dramatic television together involves a lot of people. So there are a lot of voices.” In TV you have a crew of writers and also broadcasters that have a say in what occurs. Merilees goes on to explain, “There are a lot of cooks in television and less so in features. In features, what it really boils down to is the director and the producer. If the producer has a good relationship with the director then usually it works out to be harmonious and synergize.”

His newest production, Brain on Fire, was brought to Merilees by a friend with whom he had produced the 2008 film Sleepwalking. Her name? Charlize Theron. “Working with Charlize is always a blast,” Rob says. He goes on to explain that Sleepwalking, “Had a fairly good cast and it was dramatic, a very dark and depressing movie. But it’s nice that at least the relationship survived and we were able to make another one.” So when Theron read the source material and loved it, she brought it to Merilees and signed over the option. A trip to Sundance and Cannes film festivals secured some financing before the film went into production last year.

The source material Theron fell in love with is Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness. It is the memoir of New York Post writer Susannah Cahalan which chronicles her struggle with a devastating autoimmune inflammatory brain disease (autoimmune encephalitis). In the film, Susannah is played, in a brave performance, by Chloe Grace Moretz. Thomas Mann, Carrie-Anne Moss, Tyler Perry, Richard Armitage, and Jenny Slate also co-star.

While casting can often bring many challenges, the film’s star, who was the first to be cast, helped to bring the supporting actors together. “Once Chloe was on board, people were jumping on pretty fast,” says Merilees. “We went straight to Thomas Mann because we’d all seen Me, Earl and the Dying Girl and I just loved him,” he continues, “But then it sort of happened quickly after that. Tyler Perry approached us because he had heard of the project and was wanting to do more serious roles like his role in Gone Girl. So he wanted to play the editor which was very lucky for us, because it’s a super big star. I think the hardest one to cast was Carrie-Anne Moss and that was just due to scheduling. She wanted to do the part from the get go, but scheduling, I guess, she was on Jessica Jones television show as well.”

With casting complete, director Gerard Barrett, whom Charlize had found after watching his film Glassland, managed to shoot Brain on Fire in 21 days in both Vancouver and New York. Barrett also adapted the book, writing the screenplay. Fans of the memoir will notice there are some changes to the story, as there are in most adaptations. “I find most people are very aware that sometimes you have to take a few liberties to make it more cinematic,” Rob says when asked about the challenges of adapting a book to screen, “But probably the biggest challenge is most writers don’t want to do that. They want to stay really true to the story and I think most people do want to stay true to the story but sometimes you have embellish and get around in a different way just to make the movie more interesting.”

However it was meeting the author, and survivor, herself, Susannah Cahalan, that really drew Meriless into the project. Listening to her story was even more impactful than the book, and Rob started to realize what exactly this film could mean. He says, “Sometimes you get a chance to make where you can actually do some good and this book had come out and [Susannah] was telling us that the doctors were saying that this book is going to save a lot of lives because the diagnosis will get out there more. People will know about it and it can get properly diagnosed. We’re bringing it to awareness. So I thought well that’s exactly what we’re doing with the movie, but probably more so if we do our jobs well.”

Another consequence of doing his job well is being able to bring this film to the Toronto International Film Festival which Rob describes as, “The best film festival for films like this. It’s great because if they like your film, they will build a nice big screening for it and you can hit 2000 people in your theatre.” The people in that theatre this September also got a Q&A session with Moretz as well as Cahalan and her doctor Souhel Najjar. A number of survivors of autoimmune encephalitis were also present, and Merilees says backstage there wasn’t a dry eye to be had (in defence of his masculinity, save for maybe his). Clearly this film already means a lot to so many people, a great result indeed for the already accomplished producer.

As Merilees noted, that relationship between producer and director is ever important, and Rob seems to have found that ‘harmonious’ relationship with friend and director Charles Martin Smith. They are already planning their next project together. Merilees explains, “He’s one of those guys who’ll just listen to anybody and take all the best ideas and make them his own. And he is just so much fun to work with. So we made two movies together, we’re making another one and they’ve been pretty successful.” Rob refers to a true story western about three teenage boys whose father is a white man in Hundson’s bay and their mother an aboriginal woman. Disenfranchised and marginalized by both sides of their heritage, the boys end up on a killing spree trying to organize a rebellion. “It is going to be hard to cast, but it’s going to be a fun one to do,” Merilees says. He is nothing but busy, but as he describes, it’s “fun busy”. Said like a man who has truly found his calling.

http://www.liveforfilm.com/2016/09/25/interview-with-rob-merilees-producer-of-brain-on-fire/

BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2016, 07:12 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Interview mit Gerard Barrett im Limerick Reader mit vager Ankündigung von BoF:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/what- ... -time.html

Zitat:

Filmmaker Gerard Barrett making it to the big time
DIRECTOR AND WRITER GERARD BARRETT TALKS TO NORMA PRENDIVILLE AS HIS TV SERIES SMALLTOWN BECOMES AVAILABLE ON DVD
Norma Prendiville Norma Prendiville6 Dec 2016
Filmmaker Gerard Barrett making it to the big time

ONCE upon a time, a very short time ago, a young Kerryman with Limerick blood in his veins set out to make three films before he reached the age of thirty.

Still only 27, director and screenwriter Gerard Barrett from Knockanure, is well on his way to surpassing his dream. He now has two feature films to his credit - the latest of which, called Brain on Fire, will open in the US next year. But television audiences know him best for Glassland and the recent TV3 series Smalltown.

Gerard, whose parents, are from Athea, began his climb to acclaim a little over five years ago with a gala opening of his first feature film Pilgrim Hill in Ballybunion. That film had its Limerick premiere in Athea, where many of the scenes were shot and from where some of the cast had come.

It went on to be screened in cinemas all around Ireland and won rave reviews as well as a raft of awards for the man from Knockanure, just over the Limerick/Kerry border.

“I think we all know people like Jimmy,” Gerard explained to the Limerick Leader at that time of the central character in Pilgrim Hill.

“Many of us have uncles and aunts like Jimmy or even close neighbours. People like Jimmy never saw or benefited from the Celtic Tiger nor were they the cause of the country going bang, but they have to deal with the consequences like all of us.

"These are people who exist in the background of society and it was important for me to tell their story. Sometimes their lives were taken out of their own hands and they just had to get on with it. You have to admire that most of them did just that”.

“I wanted to highlight the loneliness that bachelor farmers go through in rural Ireland,” Gerard went on. “Their lives are so tough, incredibly tough and I wanted to shine some light on it.”

Shining the light on the issues in Irish society has continued to be at the heart of Gerard’s subsequent work.

Glassland, set in Dublin, deals with another dark side of Irish life and tells the story of a young taxi driver who gets tangled up in the world of human trafficking while trying to pay for his alcoholic mother’s rehab treatment in a private clinic.

And earlier this year,the television drama, Smalltown, starring Charlie Kelly and Pat Shortt, brought Gerard’s work into every home in the country.

"I wanted to tell the story of how emigration has affected families all over rural Ireland and how emigration hasn’t only affected the emigrant, but it’s also affected the parents. I wanted to tap into that, see who’s left at home, and how that impacts them,” Gerard explained.

The series also deals movingly with the topic of cancer, when the main character Conor comes home to spend time with his seriously ill mother.

“It’s a family dealing with a crisis. Cancer, I think, is ripping the country apart, and I wanted to talk about that, bring it to the table,” Gerard said. “Everyone uses the ‘C’ word and they don’t want to use the full word. I wanted to bring that conversation to a primetime audience, to discuss that.

"On top of that it’s about Pat Shortt’s character and Charlie’s character, and where both of them belong, where their futures lie,” he added. "You’ve a young man who doesn’t know if he belongs here or abroad, and you have a man, a father, who doesn’t know where he belongs. It’s very much about uncertainty, and ultimately, family.”

For Pat Shortt, who played Conor’s father Tom in the series, it was a chance to take on a very meaty role and he was attracted to the project by Barrett himself and his style of filmmaking.

“There were great scenes in the script – the conversations were real and the way it is all driven. Once I read the script I loved it, but then I also had seen Gerard’s earlier work and had known what he was capable of.”

“He makes the very ordinary, extraordinary, that is what he does really, really well.”

The release of the series on DVD just last week will ensure that anybody who missed that experience first time round will have the chance to rectify that.

Soon, however, film audiences will get to see Gerard's first US film, when Brain on Fire goes on worldwide release early next year.

The film, produced by Charlize Theron and starring Chloe Grace Moretz in the lead role, is based on the New York Times bestselling book by Susannah Cahalan. It tells the true story of a young journalist who develops a mystery brain illness which has huge effects on her behaviour and life.

“It was something different for me,” Gerard said of the experience. “I wanted to go to America and make a film there , work with different people. It was fantastic, a great opportunity to tell an important story.”

The film got a standing ovation when screened a few months ago at the Toronto Film Festival but some of the early film reviews have been less than enthusiastic.

“I can’t talk about that stuff. That is a personal opinion,” Gerard, now back in Ireland, said. “For me, telling the story honestly was the most important thing.”

Susannah’s story in book form has already sold 12million copies and Gerard is confident enough in his own work to believe the film will have an appeal for them and for millions more.

Having full control over a project is also important, it would seem. In all his work to date, Gerard has been both screenwriter and director and it is unlikely, he said, that he would ever direct somebody else’s work.

“I have to be passionate to do it,” he explained. “I take responsibility, there is no one else to blame.”

His approach is disarmingly direct.

“I don’t go out to reinvent the wheel but to tell a story.”

And telling stories about Irish life, and in particular about life in rural Ireland, will continue to be a strong thread at the heart of his work.

“That is the world I like to explore. It is the world I know best. I enjoy going back. I will always go back. Whether it is film or tv I will continue to do that.”

Unlike many directors, who tend to work closely some of the same technical personnel all the time, Gerard doesn’t have a team. “I am a lone wolf in that sense. I came from outside the system, I don’t have a team. “

“You work with whom you want, who suits the project,” he explained. And that goes, across the board, from technical to casting.

He acknowledged, however, that getting backing for future projects has gotten easier because of his success to date.

But he elaborated: “I don’t really worry about money.” The money tends to find its way to the project, he believes.

Now back in Ireland, he is writing and figuring out what the next project will be.

“There is no real plan. At the moment, it is just about working and writing and making the next thing and moving on.”

One of the “two or three things” he is currently working on is a screenplay based on a novel published last year. But no more than that will he give away.

“That might or might not be the next thing,” he said. It’s a case of “whatever pops first”.

“I made a plan,” he said, referring to his ambition to make three films before he was 30. “I I achieved that. Now it is about working, continuing to work and to write.”

And occasionally, to helping out with the silage at his parents’ farm in Knockanure.

BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2016, 14:32 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Danke für's Rüberholen, Arianna :kuss: . lch glaube es erst, wenn ich es sehe... :pfeif:

BeitragVerfasst: 22.12.2016, 18:59 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Nimue hat geschrieben:
Danke für's Rüberholen, Arianna :kuss: . lch glaube es erst, wenn ich es sehe... :pfeif:

Ich auch...

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 249 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde