Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2024, 23:39

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 136 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Romeo and Juliet
BeitragVerfasst: 21.10.2016, 10:03 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Ich finde, er sieht doch ganz frisch aus. Nur zum Bügeln fehlte die Zeit - und Anne bügelt ja nur für Lucas. ;)

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 21.10.2016, 10:03 

BeitragVerfasst: 21.10.2016, 10:33 
Paul's love therapist

Ja er sieht natürlich sehr gut aus! :drool: :schnapp: Da hast Du absolut recht, Laudine.

Ich meinte auch nur den Klamotten. Wenn er es vorbei bringt, mach ich das schnell. Hab eh noch einen großen Korb Bügelwäsche hier stehen. Das gibt einen Aufwasch :grins:

BeitragVerfasst: 21.10.2016, 15:20 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/7 ... 1330554880

Zitat:
Romeo and Juliet: A Novel Audiobook | David Hewson | http://Audible.com Great to be at Audible today with David https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Fiction/R ... 0428160002

BeitragVerfasst: 21.10.2016, 19:36 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Wusste ich es doch, dass er das mit Pamela Anderson von Berlin Station, Bikini etc. nicht ohne Grund gesagt hat. Dieser Schlingel... :evilgrin:
Zitat:
Richard ArmitageVerifizierter Account
‏@RCArmitage Richard Armitage hat Richard Armitage retweetet
.@audible_com David went to Verona to research his work, we talked of a German word "Kopfkino" 'Cinema of the mind' It's my new obsession.

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/7 ... 1330554880

Bild

Als Antwort zu diesem Tweet:
Zitat:
Richard ArmitageVerifizierter Account
‏@RCArmitage
Romeo and Juliet: A Novel Audiobook | David Hewson | http://Audible.com Great to be at Audible today with David https://mobile.audible.com/pd/Fiction/R ... 0428160002

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/7 ... 3988379655

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 22.10.2016, 22:25 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Danke für die Tweets, Nicole! :blum:

Hier der 9. Teil von David Hewsons Rätsel:

http://davidhewson.com/the-romeo-and-ju ... part-nine/

Zitat:
Nine
OCT 22, 2016 | AUDIO, ROMEO AND JULIET

The Romeo and Juliet Quest: Part Nine

Bild

We’re now on the ninth instalment of our competition to win one of five copies of the forthcoming Romeo and Juliet narrated by Richard Armitage. If you need to get up to speed on what this is all about please read the first post here. Don’t try to send us the answers now. Save them until November 19 when we’ll tell you how.
Romeo and Juliet have made Verona one of the most-visited places in Italy. Most travellers head straight for two principal sights, ‘Juliet’s House’ and ‘Juliet’s tomb’, above, though there’s much more to see in this fascinating city if you have the time.

Juliet's so-called balcony. A great tourist attraction...

Bild

‘Juliet’s House’ . A great tourist attraction…
But scarcely anyone leaves Verona without seeing this, ‘Juliet’s balcony’ in the courtyard of the house in via Capello, 23. The ‘House of Juliet’ or Casa di Giulietta.
This has long been on the tourist trail. When Charles Dickens visited in 1846 he noted, ‘Noisy vetturini (carriage drivers) and muddy market-carts were disputing possession of the yard, which was ankle-deep in dirt, with a brood of splashed and bespattered geese; and there was a grim-visaged dog, viciously panting in a doorway, who would certainly have had Romeo by the leg the moment he put it over the wall.’
But Dickens never wrote about the famous balcony, one of the most photographed in all the world. So to this week’s question…
Why didn’t this meticulous travel diariest mention what we now regard as Verona’s most famous sight?

BeitragVerfasst: 22.10.2016, 22:46 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Weil es den damals noch nicht gab, ebenso das Haus. ;)
Zitat:
Denn das Haus, das heute in jedem Reiseführer Veronas als Haus der Julia Erwähnung findet, war noch vor hundert Jahren ein Stall. Eine reiche Veroneser Familie hat hier nie gewohnt, geschweige denn Julia. Und dann die Sache mit dem Balkon. In den 30er Jahren des 20. Jahrhunderts waren die Veroneser es schlicht leid, den Menschen aus aller Welt den Umstand zu erklären, dass es den berühmten Balkon nicht gibt. Einfacher schien die Lösung, ein recht hübsches Exemplar in einen repräsentativen Hinterhof einzubauen. Kurzerhand wurde ein alter Sarkophag an die Fassade gezimmert, zu dem nun Millionen begeisterte Besucher in jedem Jahr wie zu einer Reliquie pilgern.
http://www.stern.de/reise/europa/verona ... 64952.html

BeitragVerfasst: 03.11.2016, 21:23 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

David Hewson schwebt gerade in einer ArmiBubble :aww: :pc: :

https://twitter.com/david_hewson/status ... 3843051520

Zitat:
In case you missed it... Romeo & Juliet: A novel is 11 hours and 10 minutes long and out on Dec 6. RA is amazing

https://twitter.com/david_hewson/status ... 6400070656

Zitat:
Delighted to say Romeo & Juliet: A Novel is now edited and complete. Am now listening to @RCArmitage performing #authorsperks

https://twitter.com/david_hewson/status ... 1959622656

Zitat:
I have probably the best audiobook performer in the world handling my work. So yes.

als Antwort auf diesen Tweet:
https://twitter.com/fromEdel_/status/794271771075739652

BeitragVerfasst: 04.11.2016, 18:42 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Und so sieht anscheinend der Audible-Weihnachtsgruß aus:

https://twitter.com/ninabocci/status/794562436569370624

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 05.11.2016, 17:22 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Teil elf des Preisrätsels:

Zitat:
The Romeo and Juliet quest: Part Eleven

Nov 5, 2016 | Audio, Romeo and Juliet

Nearly there… a month away from the release of Richard Armitage narrating Romeo and Juliet and now on the eleventh instalment of our competition to win one of five copies. If you need to get up to speed on what this is all about please read the first post here. Don’t try to send us the answers now. Save them until November 19 when we’ll tell you how.

On this run-in we’re going to keep the questions down to a single answer, give you more insight into the coming audiobook… and throw in a few tricky moves. One tip: you need to turn detective for this one.

Now…

Juliet has a large bedroom at the back of the Capulet palazzo, well away from her parents (which is going to prove essential as the story evolves). Her relationship with her father is strained to say the least, and worsens as he piles on the pressure to marry Paris, a man she comes to loathe. But it wasn’t always like that. When she was young she used to go horse riding with him, something that will stand her in good stead in this story.

He loves his daughter too, with reservations and perhaps more out of duty than true emotion. Capulet can easily be seen as an ill-tempered misogynist. In his own befuddled mind he’s what a father of the time should be. Head of the household who expects everyone, women especially, to know their place.

In Juliet’s bedroom is something he commissioned when she was young: a portrait of her as a girl, a clever one since in it she’s holding the kind of crude kid’s sketch she might have drawn at that age. It’s a very poor portrait she thinks; her eyes are too big, her face is wrong, and her hair’s not right either. Still, it’s there and a part of her childhood.

Funnily enough a painting very much like this was hanging on the walls of the gallery inside the Castelvecchio when I visited Verona to start researching this story.

But in November 2015 this charming canvas, by one Giovanni Francesco Caroto, went on a very unexpected journey.

Where did she and sixteen other works of art from the Castelvecchio end up and why?

http://davidhewson.com/the-romeo-and-juliet-quest-part-eleven/

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2016, 13:02 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

http://davidhewson.com/a-month-away-for ... nes-ready/

Bild

Zitat:
headphones ready?
NOV 6, 2016 | AUDIO, ROMEO AND JULIET

A month away from the Romeo & Juliet launch… are your headphones ready?

Romeo and Juliet: A Novel goes live on Audible worldwide a month from today, on December 6.

I can’t wait and I know many of you can’t too. I wrote the opening scene in my little rented apartment in Venice in January 2015, almost two years ago. A couple of weeks later I was in Verona during carnival working on the locations.
Richard Armitage (in the studio, hard at work as ever, above) began recording in London last July and finished the job in New York as he went into rehearsals for his off-Broadway play, Mike Bartlett’s Love, Love, Love. Before that there was a considerable editing process for the words. Then afterwards another editing job for the audio. This is more than eleven hours of drama, the biggest audio project I’ve ever undertaken. It took a lot of time and a lot of work, not just for the two of us but a supportive team at Audible as well.
Over the coming weeks we’ll be trying to give you some insights into what to expect when we launch. There’s still time to take part in the contest too, which won’t just give you the chance to win one of five free copies but also fill you in on some of the background to the story. This isn’t, you see, one more narrated book. It’s an original work written specifically for audio, one that’s deliberately pushing hard at the boundaries of what’s possible in this fast-developing medium.
p1010046
Venice: the Arsenale in January 2015 when I began work. The city has a cameo role.
How did that come about? Before starting work on R&J I decided to listen again very carefully to the amazing job Richard did on Hamlet, Prince of Denmark: A Novel. Like Macbeth: A Novel before it, this was a collaboration with my good mate A.J. Hartley, a dramaturge and Shakespeare professor, someone who knows stuff. I’m just a writer who knows very little except what I’ve read and now I’m flying solo. Which meant that with R&J I felt free to extend the territory even further.
Hamlet, if you haven’t heard it, introduces a new character to the story: Yorick, the jester who takes the part of the other half of the call and response mechanism inside Hamlet’s soliloquies. I did wonder if this was a step too far when we wrote him, whether the work was simply too difficult to narrate. Then Richard walked in, took masterful ownership of the whole cast and story and produced something that deservedly got us another Audie nomination.
Tuning into the production once again it dawned on me that we were no longer in the field of conventional narration. Richard was, as it now states on the cover for R&J, performing the work with an incredibly subtle and theatrical skill. So my job ceased to be the all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful novelist. Instead I needed to become a dramatist, an architect whose role was to draw up a blueprint in the form of a script Richard could use to build the richly textured world of Verona in 1499 and breathe life into the colourful characters who inhabit it.
20150208_125806
Verona, a month later, queuing for gnocchi during the fantastic carnival which was taking place when I started my research.
I’ll write a little more later about how I tried to achieve this. How Richard manages it all… well that remains beyond me frankly. This is dangerous territory. It would be so easy to overstep the boundaries and turn drama into theatricality. Yes, he uses many voices but he does so in a very clever and representational way. In other words they’re designed to lead you into the character, not necessarily an attempt to be the character directly. Charles Dickens used to tour giving readings of his work, ‘playing’ everyone from Little Nell to Fagin. I imagine he must have used much the same skills. No one, after all, expects a male actor to adopt the voice of a sixteen-year-old girl and it would feel very odd if someone tried. What works is a change of tone and nuance to let the listener create a picture of the world and the characters behind the words using their own imagination.
romeo_and_juliet_brown
Romeo and Juliet, Ford Madox Brown
Imagination. That’s the inner door we need to unlock. Pretty much everything in this work depends upon firing up the immensely powerful CGI engine that lives inside us all.
We don’t so much want you to listen to this story; we want you to enter it. To be consumed by the heady, dangerous Renaissance Italy of 1499; to hear the awkward teenagers spoiling for a fight in the marketplace at the start; to smell the perfumed garden where Juliet first meets her Romeo; to feel the ever-rising heat of summer in the Veneto; to warm to the thrill of our fated couple when they finally find themselves alone in Juliet’s room, for one precious night only; to recoil from the vicious thrust of blade and dagger on Verona’s cobbles when Tybalt and Mercutio and Romeo fall to their lethal games; and, near the end, to shiver at the damp and bitter cold inside the crypt where Juliet, seemingly dead, lies, unable to move but hearing all too clearly the final, grievous conflict around her.
That’s the hope at least.
You can, of course, listen how and where you like. But my favoured position would be reclining at home with a decent pair of headphones, eyes closed. Download in the highest quality otherwise you’ll be missing the nuances of Richard’s many rich and subtle tones. A glass of wine to hand perhaps. I know I’ll be taking one or two come December 6. A Verona variety, of course. For red a Valpolicella Classico or perhaps the slightly heavier ripasso. For white a Soave Superiore, all Garganega of course.
Hand on heart I have to say that, in all my long career, this is the most exciting, adventurous and, yes, terrifying project I’ve ever been fortunate enough to be involved with.
One part of the theatre’s rubbed off at least. A month to go and I now feel the distant twinge of first night nerves.

BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2016, 13:35 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Danke für's Herholen, Arianna :kuss: ! Our master narrator!
lch bin noch nicht mal mit David Copperfield durch... :oops: :shy: :oops:
On a shallow note: Love the shirt on him !! :heartthrow:

BeitragVerfasst: 06.11.2016, 13:39 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Ich vermute, Romeo & Juliet dürfte ein süffigerer Hörspaß werden! Wird ja auch wesentlich kürzer. ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 07.11.2016, 22:31 
Mr. Turner's loveliest affair

Nimue hat geschrieben:
lch bin noch nicht mal mit David Copperfield durch... :oops: :shy: :oops:

Willkommen im Club der schlechten Hörbuchhörer. :keks: Über Strecken passiert einfaaaaaaach niiiiiiiiix und dann kann Richard noch so toll vorlesen, es zieht sich wie Kaugummi bei mir. Knapp 20 Stunden verbleibend. :irre:

Romeo und Juliettchen müssen einfach spritziger werden, sonst droht die nächste Audible-Leiche. :grins:

Heute hat irgendjemand bei uns im Haus Telefonbücher verteilt. Das könnte er mir mal vertonen. Stimmenwechsel nicht erforderlich, just original voice please. :pfeif:

Ach ja, das Bild: :burn:

BeitragVerfasst: 07.11.2016, 22:53 
Little Miss Gisborne

Also bitte, kein Telefonbuch der Welt ist interessanter als 'David Copperfield'! :beleidigt:

Ich mag seine Hörbücher und habe auch 'David Copperfield' gerne gehört, auf langen Läufen durch den Park. Einfach nur herrlich! :heartthrow:

Auf 'Romeo und Juliet' freue ich mich auch schon sehr. :aww:

BeitragVerfasst: 07.11.2016, 23:14 
Richard's purrrfect transylvanian bat

Ich bin jetzt, glaube ich, bei Kapitel 27 bei DC, nach einer laaaangen Pause.
Also, unbestritten, Richard macht das super, wenn ich so andere Hörbücher vergleiche (ich habe noch DREI, infolge eines zu spät gekündigten Audible-Probe-Abos), aber diese Art der Literaturzufuhr dauert mir irgendwie zu lange, ich werde da richtiggehend nervös. Nix für mich, ich habe es ehrlich versucht.

Lustigerweise war ich kürzlich in Verona und habe mir den "Balkon von Julia" angeschaut, zusammen mit geschätzt 1000 anderen Touris. Am gleichen Tag kam der "Kopfkino"-Promo-Tweet von Richard über die Arbeit mit DH an Romeo& Juliet. Hätte eine Fügung sein können, aber ich denke, ich bin raus...

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 136 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde