Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 09:36

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 38 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 19.09.2018, 22:48 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Das Buch wird verfilmt:

Zitat:
Deadline Hollywood@DEADLINE

‘The Tattooist of Auschwitz’ Book To Be Developed Into Drama Series By ‘The Cry’ Producer Synchronicity Films https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-tattoo ... um=twitter

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1042367725480210432

Zitat:
‘The Tattooist of Auschwitz’ Book To Be Developed Into Drama Series By ‘The Cry’ Producer Synchronicity Films

by Peter White
September 19, 2018 3:55am

Heather Morris’ book The Tattooist of Auschwitz is set to be turned into a “high-end” international drama series after British scripted producer Synchronicity Films secured the rights.

The company, which is producing forthcoming Jenna Coleman-fronted BBC drama The Cry, won the hotly contest auction for the book, which was published by imprints Echo and Zaffre – part of Bonnier Books UK – in January 2018.

The book tells the true story of Lale Sokolov, a Jewish prisoner who was given the job of tattooing identification numbers on prisoners’ arms in the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp during World War Two. One day, he met Gita while she was waiting in line to be tattooed and it was love at first sight. And so began one of the most life-affirming, courageous, unforgettable and human stories of the Holocaust and a tale of the very best of humanity in the very worst of circumstances.

The series is already in development and Synchronicity hopes that it will be ready to air in January 2020, to tie in with the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. Jacquelin Perske, who adapted The Cry and wrote Australian drama Seven Types of Ambiguity, is attached to write.

Claire Mundell, founder and creative director at Synchronicity Films, struck the deal for the book rights with CAA, which represented Bonnier Books UK. She said, “We are beyond thrilled to have secured the rights to this incredibly brilliant, confronting and uplifting book. I fell in love with it within a few pages and was desperate to bring it to the screen, to reach the widest audience possible for this unforgettable story. There was a huge amount of interest in this title and I am grateful that Heather Morris, Bonnier Books UK and CAA responded so well to our vision for the story.”

Author Morris added, “Lale Sokolov placed a great deal of trust in me when he first shared his story. I am now passing that baton on and am so pleased that Synchronicity Films was successful in negotiating for the rights. Claire and her colleagues have an obvious passion for my book and have demonstrated clear sensitivity to producing a real person’s story. I know Lale will be smiling down at this new phase of his and Gita’s story”.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-tattooist-of-auschwitz-book-to-be-developed-into-drama-series-by-the-cry-producer-synchronicity-films-1202467558/

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 19.09.2018, 22:48 

BeitragVerfasst: 16.11.2018, 23:38 

So eine Filmkritik möchte ich zur Abwechslung mal lesen. Eine Top-Kritik der Bew York Times:

Zitat:
Audiobooks
A Novel About the Death Camps, Brought to Vivid Life in Audio

By Christina Baker Kline

Nov. 16, 2018

THE TATTOOIST OF AUSCHWITZ
By Heather Morris
Read by Richard Armitage
7 hours, 25 minutes. HarperAudio

Listening to this novel on my iPhone during the past week — while clutching a subway strap, trotting on a treadmill, filling my basket at Trader Joe’s, biking down Amsterdam Avenue, walking my dog around the Harlem Meer — I began to notice how many other people in the city wear headphones as they go about their daily lives. Having recently moved back into New York City from the suburbs, where I mostly listened to audiobooks in my car, I was struck by how different it is listening to a book on headphones while doing other things. On the one hand it’s a peculiarly intimate experience; the narrator speaks directly into your ear, as if to you alone. On the other hand, it can be hard to concentrate on the story, particularly if it’s nonlinear or experimental.

“The Tattooist of Auschwitz” is neither of these. If I hadn’t read that Heather Morris originally wrote this novel as a screenplay, I might’ve guessed: The story clips along without extraneous exposition, and the dialogue is snappy and convincing. As a reader, I’m usually drawn to dense wordplay and complicated perspectives. But as a multitasking listener, I found the straightforward, chronological narrative easy and pleasurable to follow.

Based on the author’s interviews with a Jewish Holocaust survivor, “The Tattooist of Auschwitz” is the story of Lale Sokolov, Prisoner 32407, who was transported from Slovakia to the Auschwitz concentration camp in Birkenau, Poland, in 1942 and assigned the task of tattooing numbers on his fellow prisoners’ arms. As a Tätowierer, Lale was in a privileged but morally compromised position, “performing an act of defilement on people of his own faith,” as the narrator notes. Unlike most prisoners, Lale had agency. He was given his own room, fed extra rations and allowed freedoms most prisoners were denied, like traversing the camp alone and visiting both male and female barracks.

Advertisement

In Morris’s telling, Lale is shrewd, charming and self-aware. The moment he enters the gates, he vows he will leave the camp alive; he notes the Nazis’ habits and routines, looking for any signs of weakness. He speaks seven languages: French, Russian, German, Slovak, Yiddish, Hungarian and Polish. This ability is his superpower. Toggling among languages, he serves as a guide, spy and interpreter. He knows what the guards are saying when they don’t realize he’s listening; he speaks Yiddish when he doesn’t want them to understand. He mediates disputes and serves as a translator. Eventually he takes risks to save the lives of other prisoners.

The audio version of this book is a particularly strong marriage of narrator and material. The British actor Richard Armitage uses an impressive variety of actorly tools as he shifts perspective from Lale to Gita, the Slovakian prisoner Lale falls in love with; Baretski, Lale’s commander; a few other prisoners; and some SS officers, including real-life figures like Rudolf Hess and the notorious Nazi doctor Josef Mengele. Armitage wrings every ounce of feeling, drama and even humor — mostly at the expense of the dimwitted Baretski — from this earnest story. He skillfully conveys the cruel, mocking tone that the SS officers and guards often used with prisoners as a way of reinforcing their power. Even when he isn’t portraying a specific character, Armitage keeps the listener engaged and alert by modulating his tone, sometimes within individual sentences. At times it seems as if there are two narrators, so often, and ably, does Armitage vary his delivery.

The relationship between Lale and Gita, with its progression from love at first sight to giddy infatuation to deep commitment, sometimes strains credulity. It’s hard to imagine that malnourished prisoners with lesions and shaved heads might have had the autonomy, impulse and ability to carry on a torrid love affair. Apparently, they did — in real life, Lale and Gita ended up together. But the language of romance can seem jarringly out of place when contrasted with the starvation, mutilation and murder of thousands around them.

The author heads off this criticism by having the characters raise this question themselves. “Is it wrong of me to want to escape reality for a bit?” Gita asks her friends. No, it isn’t. And to be fair, Morris works hard to convey the devastating reality of daily life in a concentration camp. Her compassion for her characters, combined with Armitage’s riveting delivery, makes this an immensely satisfying book to listen to, whatever else you might happen to be doing.

Christina Baker Kline is the author, most recently, of the novel “A Piece of the World.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/books/review/tattooist-auschwitz-heather-morris.html

BeitragVerfasst: 17.11.2018, 17:50 

Richard hat den Link zur NYT getweetet:

Zitat:
Richard Armitage@RCArmitage

A Novel About the Death Camps, Brought to Vivid Life in Audio

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1063603439467401216

BeitragVerfasst: 19.11.2018, 12:07 

Scans von der Druckversion der NYT: :thankyou:

Zitat:
Chrissyinwm@chrissyinwm

'Stunning narration brings a WWII novel to life.'
#RichardArmitage in today's New York Times Book Review

https://twitter.com/chrissyinwm/status/1064264423399919616

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 19.11.2018, 18:25 

Die Frage, ob ich den Tweet von Synchronicity Films hier ablege oder nicht, hat sich ganz einfach gelöst:

Bild

https://twitter.com/RCArmitage/status/1064566461174349824

BeitragVerfasst: 20.11.2018, 16:12 

Und die Antwort:

Zitat:
Synchronicity Films@SynchronicityF

Synchronicity Films hat Richard Armitage retweetet

Thank you @RCArmitage! We’re thrilled and honoured to be the next stage in Lale and Heather’s incredible journey. x #TTOA

https://twitter.com/SynchronicityF/status/1064572830946344960

BeitragVerfasst: 04.01.2019, 13:33 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Thanks to Fabo on Twitter :blum: : Das Casting für die Verfilmung hat begonnen. https://www.backstage.com/magazine/arti ... EYD_SKz50Q

Zitat:
The Tattooist of Auschwitz
The Tattooist of Auschwitz tells the true story of Lale Sokolov, a Jewish prisoner given the job of tattooing identification numbers on prisoners’ arms at the concentration camp during World War Two. Lale meets Gita as she waits in line to be tattooed and falls in love at first sight, beginning a courageous, unforgettable story of humanity in the very worst of circumstances. Filming ahead of a release date to tie into the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, Jacquelin Perske, who adapted The Cry and wrote Australian drama Seven Types of Ambiguity, is attached to script the series from Heather Morris’ book. Shooting in early 2019, casting director Kelly Valentine Hendry is attached and casting now.

BeitragVerfasst: 19.04.2019, 23:15 

Mit 'The Tattoouíst von Auschwitz' hat es ein drittes von Richard eingelesenes Hörbuch in die nachfolgende Liste von Audible.uk geschafft:

Zitat:
Ultimates Listen
The 50 greatest audiobooks of all time

How do you possibly create a list of just 50 incredible books? We're not going to lie, it's tough. But in the interests of bringing you the must-listens we've drawn on your favourites and our favourites for the most gripping, chilling, inspiring and heartbreaking books. From classic novels to murder-mysteries and a good dose of children's literature these are the audio books - and Audio Shows - you'll want to listen to again and again.

https://www.audible.co.uk/ep/ultimate-listens?ipRedirectOverride=true&overrideBaseCountry=true&pf_rd_p=3a580bf1-6bb9-4a0c-909b-f41d82c696ba&pf_rd_r=D6G1REQGW4GBBVPK73D8

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 38 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde