Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 15:38

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: goerie.com (26.12.2014)
BeitragVerfasst: 26.12.2014, 17:44 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Nichts Neues, bestenfalls neu zusammengewürfelt: ;)

Zitat:
'Hobbit' a part of Armitage

December 26, 2014 06:00 AM

Hundreds of questions with the hashtag AskThorin were waiting when the King under the Mountain was ready. Richard Armitage, the actor who portrays Dwarf leader Thorin Oakenshield in "The Hobbit" trilogy, jumped in to the live Twitter event recently and provided 20 answers, sharing his dislike of face glue and how much he'll miss stunts that require "hanging on a wire."

The man who owns a well-used first edition of "The Lord of the Rings," listed the treasures from his time as Thorin:

"I was given my sword, Orcrist, the actual sword that I fought with that still has my prints on the hilt, and the oaken shield and the map (for the journey to the Lonely Mountain) and the key. The map was one of those props I used every day and I always had it inside my costume, so it's got my sweat on it and my blood -- fake blood, that is," he added.

The 6-foot-2 England-born, New York-based actor portrayed the diminutive Thorin through three films, the first released in 2012. "The Hobbit" series has catapulted him from a familiar face on BBC TV dramas to the kind of recognition that hashtags are made of.

Armitage, 43, describes himself as a "moody actor" in his Twitter profile.

"It's true," he said with a chuckle, though in truth, he is a charming, engaged interviewee.

"I joined Twitter on my birthday in August and I sort of dived right in. It's been really fulfilling to engage with fans and show a side of myself that they would normally not see through my work, because I tend to take on quite serious, dark characters."

In the "Hobbit" finale, the prickly leader descends into a madness that sees him choosing war over honor and duty. The films were not shot in chronological order, Armitage said, which was helpful in establishing the complexities of Thorin that bring him to this disagreeable state.

"One of the choices was to try and give him a sense of schizophrenia, where you really didn't know who he was going to be in any one scene," Armitage said.

"I remember making notes about the dragon sickness, which he thought was empowering and gave him like a life force but is in a way like drug or alcohol addiction can be. For the moment, when you get your fix, you're like a superhero. But there's a flip side where it takes a toll on your body and your mind."

Speaking directly about Thorin's fate is a no-no for the actor, but it is not a spoiler to say that the Dwarf king grasps his opportunities for reconciliations and redemption.

"We really had to care about him as that part of the story draws to an end. And at the same time, I didn't want to soften him in any way," he said.

Armitage was among the fellowship of "The Hobbit" on hand when Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Dec. 8.

"It's the first time it's dawned on me that when I say goodbye to (co-writer) Philippa Boyens and Peter, we won't be saying, 'See ya next time.' It's probably goodbye until we decide to get together again. The thing I hold onto is that I made real true friends and I have no doubt our paths will cross again."

Armitage stepped far from the world of special effects cinema and onto the stage as John Proctor in an acclaimed production of Arthur Miller's "The Crucible." The play at London's Old Vic Theatre has been recorded for worldwide distribution in February.

Set free from the heavy, hairy makeup required to play Thorin, Armitage also played a high school principal in the summer disaster film "Into the Storm" and, in the upcoming thriller "Sleepwalker," he plays a researcher helping a student with troubling dreams.

They are not the moody, brooding roles he is best known for, but there's not a lot of laughter, either.

"When people are thinking of romantic comedy, they are not thinking of me," he said. "They tend to come to me for the epitome of evil. If that's how I'm perceived and how I continue to work, I certainly will play the epitome of evil -- but I will look for some good in him."

http://www.goerie.com/hobbit-a-part-of-armitage

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 26.12.2014, 17:44 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde