Aktuelle Zeit: 28.03.2024, 12:11

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Toronto Star (14.12.2012)
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 17:11 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/mo ... tall-dwarf

Zitat:
Richard Armitage is The Hobbit’s very tall dwarf
Published on Friday December 14, 2012
Aaron Harris/For the Toronto Star "I read everything that Tolkien wrote," revealed actor Richard Armitage on a visit to Toronto this month.

Richard Armitage is getting used to people giving him a strange look when they first meet him.

The British actor stands 6-foot-2, which is not what you’d expect of the guy who plays Thorin Oakenshield, the warrior leader of the dwarves in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first part of Peter Jackson’s planned movie trilogy.

“That’s what everyone says,” Armitage says with a laugh, in an interview during a recent Toronto visit. “It was the headline of a piece I wrote, ‘The World’s Tallest Dwarf.’”

Armitage, 41, can roll with just about any role, playing characters both good and evil. He briefly joined a circus in Budapest as a teenager and his early theatre work was mainly comic roles, singing and dancing in shows such as Cats. For that musical, he played the villainous Macavity and the shy Admetus tabbies.

He later made a deliberate shift into more dramatic roles. Prior to signing on as gnarly good guy Thorin for The Hobbit, he played the slick saboteur Heinz Kruger in Captain America: The First Avenger.

Armitage has also becoming something of a self-made Tolkien scholar. He’s immersed himself in any and all books by and about the quiet English creator of Middle-earth lore.

How does being leader of the dwarves fit into Armitage’s worldview?

“It depends how you see it,” he answers.

“The dwarves are definitely in the lower echelons of Tolkien’s Legendarium. They’re a forbidden race. But the dwarves don’t see themselves that way, and that was key to this character. In order to get smaller, we became bigger . . . I actually think it was really interesting in terms of dwarf ego and dwarf pride. They do see themselves as big, important beings. They build huge monuments and cavernous kingdoms underground.”

Q: You look more fearsome as Thorin than you do in real life.

A: I know! It’s kind of a good look. It’s because (Thorin’s) brow is not real and I also wore a prosthetic nose. That’s how brilliant (Jackson’s effects company) Weta Workshop is. They’ve really made it look like my own face. It gives Thorin slightly more intenseness, because his brow is heavier. Richard Taylor, an amazing sculptor for Weta, did about seven versions of my face. He actually straightened my nose without telling me. Close to the end of the shoot, he told me about it. I told him I didn’t even know my nose was wonky, and he said, “Yeah, it’s about three millimetres to one side of your face.” Apparently, the perfect face is not symmetrical — or is it the other way around? Who wants the perfect face, anyway?

Q: You started out in musical theatre, dance and the circus. Is true you decided at an early age that you wanted to do more dramatic roles, and made a deliberate shift in that direction?

A: Yes, I just felt I wanted to use my voice to speak text. I love poetry, I love Shakespeare, but musical theatre just wasn’t quite enough for me. I wanted to delve a bit deeper.

I was always being told, “Smile and look like you’re enjoying yourself!” And I wondered, why am I not smiling and why am I not enjoying myself? Maybe it’s because I’m not enjoying myself!

But I must say that for The Hobbit, I’ve actually called upon something from every job I’ve ever done, even the singing. You can’t reject anything in your life as an artist. Everything has its use.

Q: Is the second part of The Hobbit movie trilogy really going to be called The Desolation of Smaug? I just can’t picture than on a marquee.

A: [/b ]Yes. That was Tolkien. He described it that way. The dwarves stand and observe this utter destruction caused by the dragon Smaug. I visited Hiroshima once when I was in Japan and went to the museum there and I remember seeing images and thinking, when we came to shoot The Hobbit, that it was quite a good image to use. It had to be that extreme: the furnace that is that dragon incinerated everything.

[b]Q:
I’m impressed by your dedication to remaining true to Tolkien.

A: I read everything that Tolkien wrote, and also read biographies of him. I was fascinated by his experiences in World War I, which includes the loss of life of some of his very, very close friends. I think he writes about that a lot in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

The idea of a very small man who loves his home being called upon to step out of his front door into extreme danger is something only his generation will ever experience.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 14.12.2012, 17:11 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Toronto Star 14.12.2012
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 17:53 
Lady Macduff

sehr interessantes kleines interview. Sehr schönes Bild :drool:

diese Antwort fand ich ja sehr interessant

Zitat:
Q: You started out in musical theatre, dance and the circus. Is true you decided at an early age that you wanted to do more dramatic roles, and made a deliberate shift in that direction?

A: Yes, I just felt I wanted to use my voice to speak text. I love poetry, I love Shakespeare, but musical theatre just wasn’t quite enough for me. I wanted to delve a bit deeper.
I was always being told, “Smile and look like you’re enjoying yourself!” And I wondered, why am I not smiling and why am I not enjoying myself? Maybe it’s because I’m not enjoying myself!
But I must say that for The Hobbit, I’ve actually called upon something from every job I’ve ever done, even the singing. You can’t reject anything in your life as an artist. Everything has its use.

Danke Dir Nimue für's aufspüren/finden :kuss: :knutsch: :blum:

Sollte ich hier irgendwelche Urheberrechte verletzten, nehme ich dieses Signaturbild (GIF) wieder raus. Quelle des GIF http://thilboshield.tumblr.com/post/430 ... day-thorin

Wer Rechtschreibfehler/Grammatikfehler findet, darf diese behalten und sich daran erfreuen (oder was auch immer)

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde