Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 15.12.2012, 23:45 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/ind ... akenshield

Zum Thema Alkohol und Rauchen :evilgrin: :

At a Q-and-A after a "Hobbit" screening on Dec. 4, Mr. Armitage told about a hundred people how he had worked on Thorin's swordplay and how he had purposefully "wrecked" his voice a la Richard Burton, with alcohol and cigarettes, because his natural voice has a lighter sound than required for a Dwarf king.

Jetzt wissen wir auch, wie das mit der Ansprache bei der Powhiri - Zeremonie war:

"I was more nervous about that than I was about filming," Mr. Armitage said. "I absolutely didn't want to do that. Philippa [Boyens, co-writer and producer] came to me and said 'Will you do it?', and I said 'Of course not. Martin's the Hobbit; Martin should do it.' "

He was told the speech had to be delivered by a warrior, so it was the actor who played Thorin who had to do it.

"I learned this piece, but I was terrified by it. But I actually ended up using that speech every day as part of my vocal warm up. It's funny, because I didn't realize I was doing it at the time, but I just watched what those warriors do and the way that they commit to their culture. And I thought, that's what the Dwarves are about. I used to say it every day, scream it every night, try and wreck my voice a bit."

Zum Thema Bekanntheit und Job:

"I'm not that bothered about being well known, as long as the work is well known. And I think in this case, the films will be watched and the character will be watched. So it's kind of cool for me that the character will be buried in prosthetics and he's 5-foot-2. So then it's kind of a surprise to go, 'Oh, look, that's the guy who played that.' My biggest goal is to get employed again, and employed in a role that challenges me. So I love being cast against type. I'd like to be offered another role where no one believes we're going to cast you, but you're going to be this character. Which is like, 'Yes, that's what I'm in it for.' "

Alles zum Nachlesen:

Zitat:
Wreck-It, Richard: Giving voice to Thorin Oakenshield

Friday, 14 December 2012 20:56
Written by Sharon Eberson

One of the best things about the two days I spent Hobbit-ing in New York (screeners and interviews) was telling Richard Armitage how touched I was watching him give a speech in the Maori language at a ceremony captured as part of Peter Jackson's video blog, and his unexpected response. It didn't make it in the reams of stuff I wrote for print and it spilled onto the bottom of the story on the Web, but here it is again, with the video of the Powhiri ceremony blessing the New Zealand sound stage as "The Hobbit" began filming:

At a Q-and-A after a "Hobbit" screening on Dec. 4, Mr. Armitage told about a hundred people how he had worked on Thorin's swordplay and how he had purposefully "wrecked" his voice a la Richard Burton, with alcohol and cigarettes, because his natural voice has a lighter sound than required for a Dwarf king.
He told another version of how he prepared Thorin's guttural voice a day later. The conversation had turned to an online video of him giving a speech in the Maori language, part of a ceremony to bless "The Hobbit's" New Zealand soundstage.

It was a lovely moment, executed before the entire cast and crew and the Maori guests conducting the ceremony.

"I was more nervous about that than I was about filming," Mr. Armitage said. "I absolutely didn't want to do that. Philippa [Boyens, co-writer and producer] came to me and said 'Will you do it?', and I said 'Of course not. Martin's the Hobbit; Martin should do it.' "

He was told the speech had to be delivered by a warrior, so it was the actor who played Thorin who had to do it.

"I learned this piece, but I was terrified by it. But I actually ended up using that speech every day as part of my vocal warm up. It's funny, because I didn't realize I was doing it at the time, but I just watched what those warriors do and the way that they commit to their culture. And I thought, that's what the Dwarves are about. I used to say it every day, scream it every night, try and wreck my voice a bit."

That's how he transformed into Thorin Oakenshield -- that, plus a 3 a.m. makeup call, sword-fighting lessons and computer wizardry.
He was more than happy to disappear into the character.

"I'm not that bothered about being well known, as long as the work is well known. And I think in this case, the films will be watched and the character will be watched. So it's kind of cool for me that the character will be buried in prosthetics and he's 5-foot-2. So then it's kind of a surprise to go, 'Oh, look, that's the guy who played that.' My biggest goal is to get employed again, and employed in a role that challenges me. So I love being cast against type. I'd like to be offered another role where no one believes we're going to cast you, but you're going to be this character. Which is like, 'Yes, that's what I'm in it for.' "

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 15.12.2012, 23:45 

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:20 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Nimue hat geschrieben:

Wie war das nochmal mit den Prothetics und dem frühen Verlassen der Dwarf-Parties? :mrgreen:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:22 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Laudine hat geschrieben:
Nimue hat geschrieben:

Wie war das nochmal mit den Prothetics und dem frühen Verlassen der Dwarf-Parties? :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Redet er sich hier langsam um Kopf und Kragen??? :evilgrin:

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:25 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Reines method acting :grins: :pfeif: ! Der Mann bringt Opfer für seine Kunst :mrgreen: . Das Boot camp war wahrscheinlich auch ein Alcohol & cigi voice preparing camp :evilgrin: - bei Drehbeginn war die Stimme dann schon tiefer und dann hat er natürlich streng abstinent gelebt :lol: :pfeif: .

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:30 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Nimue hat geschrieben:
Reines method acting :grins: :pfeif: ! Der Mann bringt Opfer für seine Kunst :mrgreen: . Das Boot camp war wahrscheinlich auch ein Alcohol & cigi voice preparing camp :evilgrin: - bei Drehbeginn war die Stimme dann schon tiefer und dann hat er natürlich streng abstinent gelebt :lol: :pfeif: .

... weswegen er sich jetzt die cigis an seinen stubbles anzündet ... :pfeif:
Spoiler: anzeigen
Diese Hingabe an seinen Job ist wirklich überbordend ... :mrgreen:

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:33 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

n&s_fan hat geschrieben:
:mrgreen: Redet er sich hier langsam um Kopf und Kragen??? :evilgrin:

Bald fürchtet er weder Tod noch Teufel. :mrgreen: Er muss nur aufpassen, dass die Amis das nicht zu Ernst nehmen, sonst kann er seine Wohnung in NY gleich wieder aufgeben.

Nimue hat geschrieben:

Nicht das er sich für seine nächste Rolle mit dem Thema Entziehungskur auseinandersetzen muss? :bibber: ;) :lol:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 00:34 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Spoiler: anzeigen
Wir können nur hoffen, dass er für den nächsten Job nicht 20 kg zunehmen muss.. zutrauen würde ich's ihm- noch dazu wo er gesagt hat, dass er gegen seinen Typ besetzt werden will :pfeif: ..

BeitragVerfasst: 16.12.2012, 08:12 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Darauf würde ich hoffen. :daumen: Abnehmen macht ihn nämlich keinesfalls unattraktiv. Einen Vorzug hat der Umzug in die USA vielleicht, Hollywood besetzt auch normale Typen mit sehr gut aussehenden Schauspielern, im UK gibt es genug, die wirklich wie normale Leute aussehen und solchen wie RA für Charkterrollen vorgezogen werden.

Bloody Internet.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde