Aktuelle Zeit: 25.04.2024, 21:19

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 19 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: GQ- Interview (14.12.2012)
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 12:47 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Einiges Neues!

Diesmal ist er wieder geschrumpft! Und er war tatsächlich in NZ oft beim Ski fahren ! Er macht auch Yoga :hurra:- die Bikram - Richtung ist eine Form von Hatha - Yoga, die meist in einem heißen Raum praktiziert wird- passend zu hot dwarf ! Ich könnte ihm dann auch noch Kundalini-Yoga beibringen :pfeif: :grins: .

Was er uns wohl mit der Spionandeutung sagen will- im ersten Moment hab ich wirklich an James Bond gedacht!

Actually my ultimate role is to play another spy… Mysteriös :evilgrin: ..

Zukunftspläne:

You've got another Hollywood project, Black Sky, out next year. Would you move out to LA and do films full time?
I'm kind of half way in between at the moment. I'm based around New York because it's easy to get to both places. I don't think I will ever really shift to LA. I love the theatre too much and there's not enough theatre there. I like going to the theatre and I want to try and get back on stage at some point in the next two years. The Hobbit has been such an exhaustive journey, I do just want to let the film be seen and let it settle.

Styling: MF als seine Stylinginspiration :shock: . Was die gutsitzenden Anzüge von MF betrifft- ähm, kann ich jetzt nicht so maßgeschneidert finden...

You're a stylish man but I know Martin Freeman is very into his clothes.
I take inspiration from his style. I spent most of the time dressed in Nike in New Zealand. He just has great taste and is into really fantastic tailoring, so I've had to step up my game for this press tour!

Would he be your nomination for GQ's Best-Dressed British Man?
Oh, without a doubt. His taste in tailoring is… actually, he's a little like a Hobbit in that respect. I'm a little more tentative, I suppose. I don't really like making too much of a statement with what I'm wearing. That's probably me being a little conservative and occasionally it is good to splash out and be a bit daring.

Other than Tolkien, what book should every man have on their bookshelf?
The Master & The Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. I want to make that book into a movie - it'll take me a lifetime, I may never do it but it's the most incredible book.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... -interview

Ungekürzt:

Zitat:
Richard Armitage on The Hobbit, beard grooming and dwarf workouts

By Oliver Franklin 14 December 12

"I just want to convince people I'm not 5"2 and hairy," smiles Richard Armitage, sitting back in a comfortable chair at London's Claridges hotel. "That'll be the biggest challenge." The 41-year-old actor's concern is understandable: as dwarf leader Thorin Oakenshield in Peter Jackson's long-awaited Hobbit trilogy, he's shrunken and wigged-up beyond all recognition. So, let GQ settle it: in real life, Armitage cuts an enviably handsome figure. He's easily 6"1, lightly stubbled and today clad in a sleek J. Lindeberg suit with a plaid shirt and tie. After almost two decades on British TV in the likes of Spooks, Robin Hood and Chris Ryan's Strike Back, The Hobbit marks a step up for Armitage - into the newly world of global franchises and screaming fans. Arriving nine years after the release of The Return Of The King, the film is a visually stunning return to Middle Earth, shot in ultra-clear 3D - but by the time Howard Shore's inimitable score sets in, and Andy Serkis is shouting "precious", it feels like we never left. Ahead of the film's release this weekend, we sat down with Armitage over a glass of wine to talk beard grooming, Hobbit obsessives and why Brits work best in the shire.

GQ.com: We were at the Jack Reacher junket yesterday talking to David Oyelowo, who was also in Spooks. Do you think there was something about that show, or is this just a great moment for British actors?

Richard Armitage: We were at the same year at drama school! I loved that show so much. I found it really challenging, it forced you to work at speed. I always said when they finished Spooks they should have made a movie of it. Actually my ultimate role is to play another spy…

One spy in particular?

Oh no, god - that sounds awful doesn't it? I think [Daniel Craig] has a few left in him. I do think with the Hobbit, it's a quintessentially English writer writing about middle England and his experiences in WWI. Peter Jackson has really chosen British actors and British voices - which I think particularly is applicable to British actors, because they tend to have been through classical drama training and when you're loading up characters in a lot of prosthetics and wigs, it's the voice that cuts through all that. So you've got people like Ian McKellen, Ian Holm, Ken Stott, Jimmy Nesbitt - all these incredibly identifiable voices. I think that's probably why British actors are doing OK.

How much did you immerse yourself with all other books, the fan fiction and all that mythology?

I really stuck with the purist stuff. I stayed with The Hobbit and when that became not enough I looked at The Silmarillion and then The Book Of Lost Tales, as well as all of Christopher Tolkien's stuff. It's extensive and I never really got through all of it. But I steer clear from the fan fiction and the fan discussions because I'm one of them - and after this, my critique is now as detailed as theirs. But the thing is as well, when you get the phone call, you get so excited about getting the job, but then you get scared because this book has been around since the late Thirties, it's been read to probably every school kid in England and beyond, has been translated into so many languages, so everyone has their idea of this story. So you have to take care of their idea of Thorin. But I had my version and Pete trusted me.

They digitally alter your height afterwards but you have to act it live. Did you have to spend 18 months talking to at Ian McKellen's hat or Martin Freeman's belt?

I feel like Ian felt that more acutely than anybody else. Maybe it's that his face becomes emblazoned on everybody that encounters it because I remember less stressfully the experience. I seem to remember looking into Ian's eyes more than anything, and into… obviously my character and Martin's character are of the same height. But they stuck Ian on a box occasionally - when they couldn't stick him on a box, I had to look at the top of his hat. But we'd rehearse eye-to-eye, so you just have to remember what that feels like. Maybe because Ian has an indelible stare which you can't shake off.

Have you met many obsessive Hobbit fans yet? There's actually a queue of two dozen people outside Claridges right now.

Is there? Oh, god! I've met a few. What's nice is that there are people who have been around for the last eight years with the work that I've done and there are new people that will come along that are fans of the book more than anything else. Then of course Comic Con, where you've got this global reach and Tokyo was amazing - you've got people dressed up as Galadriel and little Japanese Hobbits. I had some beautiful artwork given to me by some people in costume in Tokyo. But the creation of Thorin is really the work of many people, not just me. I seem to exist inside of it, but hopefully that means that I can take him off and walk away from him and not really be too identifiable with it. He doesn't look too much like me. So maybe I'll still be able to sneak out the back door when I need to.

You grew the beard yourself - did you have to live with it the whole time?

Yes, for 18 months! Weirdly enough the beard I grew ended up turning out identical to the one that they'd made me. They did have to darken it a little bit, because mine grows out a little bit lighter colour. It was weird because I thought "Oh brilliant, I'll just grow a beard and it'll be less work." But actually it became more work because they'd be trimming it every day, because it has to look identical. My beard goes fast, so I'd come back after a weekend and they'd say, "Argh, it's gone crazy!" I really liked having the beard. It's weird - I remember doing some photo shoot for some publicity and thinking, "This is going to look awful" but it kind of looks OK. I think beards are in. But the full beard, not some kind of facial architecture. A full beard looks cool.

The costumes weighed nearly 30kg. Did you have to do much training in advance?

Yeah, we trained with a weight belt to drag us down, to get our centres of gravity low. But when you put the costume on, you're carrying 20-30 kilos extra, depending on your character. It's pretty heavy! I try to keep at a non-obsessive level of fitness. It's not about looking great, it's about just feeling good. So I do a lot of yoga. Bikram just blows my mind. It's mental as well as physical; if I don't train I get very depressed. But the training for The Hobbit was about stamina and back strength so that we weren't injuring ourselves with the extreme circumstances. It would be good to go back and find that level of training again.

You're a big skier. Where do you recommend?

Massive skier. It's my huge passion - as soon as the winter comes, I'm looking around thinking, "Just get me up a mountain." I've done an awful lot of skiing all over Europe: I've done Italy, Austria, France. I skied loads in New Zealand - I did pretty much every ski slope I could find. I skied down Mount Ruapehu and then we went back and shot there. So I was looking when the snow was gone and going "I skied down these paths. I know these paths well."

You're a stylish man but I know Martin Freeman is very into his clothes.

I take inspiration from his style. I spent most of the time dressed in Nike in New Zealand. He just has great taste and is into really fantastic tailoring, so I've had to step up my game for this press tour!

Would he be your nomination for GQ's Best-Dressed British Man?

Oh, without a doubt. His taste in tailoring is… actually, he's a little like a Hobbit in that respect. I'm a little more tentative, I suppose. I don't really like making too much of a statement with what I'm wearing. That's probably me being a little conservative and occasionally it is good to splash out and be a bit daring.

Other than Tolkien, what book should every man have on their bookshelf?

The Master & The Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. I want to make that book into a movie - it'll take me a lifetime, I may never do it but it's the most incredible book.

You've got another Hollywood project, Black Sky, out next year. Would you move out to LA and do films full time?

I'm kind of half way in between at the moment. I'm based around New York because it's easy to get to both places. I don't think I will ever really shift to LA. I love the theatre too much and there's not enough theatre there. I like going to the theatre and I want to try and get back on stage at some point in the next two years. The Hobbit has been such an exhaustive journey, I do just want to let the film be seen and let it settle. But I know that the experience I had was amazing. I just hope people enjoy the film, I hope families can take their kids and have a great night out the cinema. That's enough for me.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 14.12.2012, 12:47 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: GQ- Interview 14.12.2012
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 13:50 
Richard's favourite bedtime storyteller

Martin Freeman - Nomination for GQ´s Best-Dressed British Man????? :shock: :shock:

Ich muss dringend zu meinem Augenarzt...... :bibber:

Sören Kierkegaard

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 13:51 
Little Miss Gisborne

Maximiliane hat geschrieben:
Martin Freeman - Nomination for GQ´s Best-Dressed British Man????? :shock: :shock:

:laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

Sorry Richard und danke an Jessie für die wundervolle Sig!

Thanks to Tumblr for my avatar!

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 14:08 
Lady Macduff

Redluna hat geschrieben:
Maximiliane hat geschrieben:

:laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

:pc: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

naja es hat etwas Extravagantes. Was sehr außergewöhnliches. Nicht ganz von dieser Welt :lol:
manches hatte in der Tat etwas. Aber manches war auch sehr außergewöhnlich :mrgreen:

ich find das ja sehr interessant was Richard bzgl. über seine Zukunftsplänen berichtet :evilgrin:

Sollte ich hier irgendwelche Urheberrechte verletzten, nehme ich dieses Signaturbild (GIF) wieder raus. Quelle des GIF http://thilboshield.tumblr.com/post/430 ... day-thorin

Wer Rechtschreibfehler/Grammatikfehler findet, darf diese behalten und sich daran erfreuen (oder was auch immer)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 14:27 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

:pc: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: MF als Stylingvorbild. Ich sehe es direkt vor mir. :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: Danke, Richard! You make my day. :knutsch:

Das NY besser zu ihm passt als LA - na, sag' ich doch. ;) Klingt doch gut. Und was das mit dem Spy auf sich hat. :nix: Spannend! (Aber im Claridges liegt die Thematik doch sowieso nahe. ;) :mrgreen: )

Danke für den Link, Nimue. :kuss:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 15:25 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Danke für den Link, Nimue! :kuss:

Richards Humor ist ja mal wieder einmalig - MF als Stylingvorbild :pc: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:
Diese verschiedenen Größenangaben sind wirklich verwirrend. Vor / während der Promotour wurde er immer größer und hinterher schrumpft er wieder :giggle:

Das Bikram-Yoga sollte er übrigens besser mal lassen, das wird von allen Sportfachleuten abgelehnt: Durch die Hitze im Raum schlecht für den Kreislauf und da die Muskeln nicht richtig aufgewärmt werden und man direkt in die Übungen einsteigt, kann es schnell zu Zerrungen kommen. Sorry für OT und :schlaumeier:

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 15:48 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Floumi hat geschrieben:

Das Bikram-Yoga sollte er übrigens besser mal lassen, das wird von allen Sportfachleuten abgelehnt: Durch die Hitze im Raum schlecht für den Kreislauf und da die Muskeln nicht richtig aufgewärmt werden und man direkt in die Übungen einsteigt, kann es schnell zu Zerrungen kommen. Sorry für OT und :schlaumeier:

Ich sag ja, ich würde mit ihm Kundalini-Yoga üben- das ist zwar auch anstrengend, aber gesünder- und es wird zum Abschluss auch immer gesungen bzw. gechantet, da würde ich ihn auch gern hören :evilgrin: .

Kennt eigentlich jemand das Buch, das er empfohlen hat?

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 16:12 

Floumi hat geschrieben:
Diese verschiedenen Größenangaben sind wirklich verwirrend. Vor / während der Promotour wurde er immer größer und hinterher schrumpft er wieder :giggle:

Während der Premierentour ist er eben über sich hinaus gewachsen. ;) Die Größenangabe ist ja hier eine Schätzung des Journalisten und der hat das bestimmt genau wegen des Schwankens in den letzten Tagen mit Mutwillen gemacht. :mrgreen:

Nimue hat geschrieben:
Kennt eigentlich jemand das Buch, das er empfohlen hat?

'Der Meister und Margarita' von Michail Bulgakow ist eine auf den 'Faust' anspielende und selbigen rezipierende Satire auf die stalinistische Sowjetunion, in der die Themen Gut und Böse sowie Mut und Feigheit behandelt werden. Wegen der Zensur gibt es mehrere Fassungen. Ein Klassiker der russischen Literatur des 20. Jahrhunderts, aber nichts, was sich so einfach "wegliest", allein schon wegen der vielen Anspielungsebenen.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 16:28 
Lady Macduff

Laudine hat geschrieben:
'Der Meister und Margarita' von Michail Bulgakow ist eine auf den 'Faust' anspielende und selbigen rezipierende Satire auf die stalinistische Sowjetunion, in der die Themen Gut und Böse sowie Mut und Feigheit behandelt werden. Wegen der Zensur gibt es mehrere Fassungen. Ein Klassiker der russischen Literatur des 20. Jahrhunderts, aber nichts, was sich so einfach "wegliest", allein schon wegen der vielen Anspielungsebenen.

Spoiler: anzeigen
wow, das ist ja mal interessant, dass Richard sowas liest. Das trifft ja so ziemlich mein Geschmack.
Da hab ich ja voll gepennt , sowas noch nicht gelesen zu haben. Diese Bildungslücke muss aber mal schnellstens nachgeholt werden :lol: .

Sollte ich hier irgendwelche Urheberrechte verletzten, nehme ich dieses Signaturbild (GIF) wieder raus. Quelle des GIF http://thilboshield.tumblr.com/post/430 ... day-thorin

Wer Rechtschreibfehler/Grammatikfehler findet, darf diese behalten und sich daran erfreuen (oder was auch immer)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 18:44 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Schaut mal, was gerade in London läuft :evilgrin: :

Complicite/Simon McBurney
The Master and Margarita
by Mikhail Bulgakov
14 December 2012 – 19 January 2013 / 19:15, 13:30, 16:00

Barbican Theatre

http://www.barbican.org.uk/theatre/even ... p?ID=13735

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 19:52 
Lady Macduff

sehr interessant. Was für ein Zufall ;)

faszinierend 8)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 19:58 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Es hat jedenfalls gewirkt: http://meandrichard.wordpress.com/2012/ ... i-thought/

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 20:08 

Maike hat geschrieben:

:pc: Nein, das glaube ich jetzt einfach nicht.

Ist Servetus eigentlich Historikerin? Das würde für mich Einiges erklären. "Wir" Literaturwissenschaftler und Historiker studieren ja gern gegenseitig unser beider Fächer und es gibt da ja auch genügend Berührungspunkte, aber in der Herangehensweise, Ausdeutung etc. erhebliche Unterschiede und dann gern jede Menge Mißverständnisse. :lol: Mr. Armitage kann gut mit Literatur - von meinem Standpunkt aus betrachtet. ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 20:10 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Ja, sie ist Geschichtsprofessorin.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2012, 20:14 

Maike hat geschrieben:
Ja, sie ist Geschichtsprofessorin.

Danke Maike! :kuss: Alles klar. :mrgreen:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 19 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde