Aktuelle Zeit: 19.04.2024, 05:33

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Quatar Tribune ( 12.12.2014)
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2014, 13:13 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://www.qatar-tribune.com/viewnews.a ... d=20141212

Richard äußert sich auch über Sleepwalker.

The dwarf lord's final battle

In the first two movies in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) climbed his Everest and achieved more than he had ever dared imagine. As seen in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013), the exiled dwarf king banished the dragon from his mountain palace and reclaimed his people's gold.

The story is far, far from over, though.

"The third movie is really the fallout from that, and the hell that is unleashed when the dragon is set free," Armitage said."That repercussion is going to play out through Movie 3."

"Movie 3," as Armitage called it recently, is The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. The final installment in Jackson's epic big-screen adaptation of JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit will arrive in theatres on December 17 and, for all the spectacle that the title promises, Armitage insisted that the final tale is also deeply personal for Thorin, whose plight overlaps with that of the hobbit himself, Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman).

"It's one of the things that has been very interesting for me about the character," Armitage said."He's a leader of many, many men and the potential leader of an army, but he's actually been quite a solitary figure, if you think about it. He was reduced, at the beginning of the first film, to leading only the 13 dwarves, and the burden of his quest has made him quite a lonely child, in that he doesn't really have anyone to confide in except Bilbo."

"The relationship with Bilbo, in the third film, becomes very singular," he said."Thorin stops trusting anyone else, other than Bilbo. Tolkien has Thorin at a sort of emotional zenith at one point in the story. Thorin has Bilbo thrown from the battlements, and he dangles Bilbo over the edge of the wall."

"To get to that point, we need the relationship to really heat up and intensify," Armitage continued,"and he becomes singularly focused on Bilbo as his only ally."

The 43-year-old Brit's other credits include North & South (2004), کRobin Hood' (2006-2009), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Into the Storm (2014). On stage he has appeared in Macbeth and, most recently, starred in an acclaimed production of Arthur Miller's The Crucible at the Old Vic.

Still, The Hobbit holds a unique place in his heart.

"Oh, The Hobbit trilogy has meant more than any other job I've ever done," Armitage said."I came to this book as a 7-year-old. It was one of the first things I ever read alone, without someone reading to me, and I was so invested in Tolkien and became very excited when I realised that there was more material in the world of The Lord of the Rings."

"I think, from the very first moment when the dwarves gather in Bilbo's living room ... It's just always been at the heart of my love of literature," he said."I think it's one of the reasons why I'm an actor, because it really developed my imagination."

"So to come to tell this tale on the big screen in this way, having been a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, it's a bit of a dream come true," Armitage added."It's a cliche, but it's true. And, having played this character, having gone to the other side of the planet to make these movies for 18 months, I'm excited to see how it all pans out when this last film opens."

Armitage next will be seen in Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass. He'll make a cameo in the long-gestating sequel to Alice in Wonderland (2010), with Johnny Depp reprising his role as the Mad Hatter. He also recently concluded Sleepwalker.

"Sleepwalker is an independent movie with a British director called Elliot Lester," Armitage said."It's a fantastic project, really small-budget, but it's making a really big artistic impact on me.

"I play a sleep doctor to a girl, Sarah, who's experiencing a huge trauma in her life and is a very disturbed individual," he said."Ahna O'Reilly, a wonderful actress and absolutely fantastic girl, plays Sarah. She's living on two or three different planes of reality, and I'm trying to guide her through it and find out what's wrong with her and what is reality and what's not reality."

"It's got quite an unexpected twist at the end," Armitage concluded."It has a sort of feeling of Chris Nolan's Memento (2000) mixed with a little bit of Stephen King
."

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 13.12.2014, 13:13 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Quatar Tribune ( 12.12.2014)
BeitragVerfasst: 13.12.2014, 14:28 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Danke, Nimue. :kuss:

Ich habe die ganze Zeit das Gefühl, dass ich den Text schon kenne, aber das liegt vielleicht auch daran, dass es inhaltlich nichts neues ist.

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Quatar Tribune ( 12.12.2014)
BeitragVerfasst: 14.12.2014, 13:35 
Little Miss Gisborne

Das geht mir mittlerweile mit allen Artikeln und Interviews um die Hobbit-Promo so. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Danke für's Posten, Nimue! :kuss:

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde