Aktuelle Zeit: 29.03.2024, 08:46

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Mirror (18.12.2015)
BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 18:18 
Lucas' sugarhorse

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rich ... ar_twitter

Zitat:

Richard Armitage says pal Aidan Turner 'loves' being a sex symbol
16:07, 18 DEC 2015 UPDATED 16:08, 18 DEC 2015
BY BOUDICCA FOX-LEONARD
The Hobbit co-stars are both screen heart throbs but Armitage reckons his actor friend is more comfortable being an object of desire

Poldark hunk Aidan Turner loves the ladies' attention according to Hobbit co-star Richard Armitage.

While Armitage has always struggled with the attention his good looks have got him since the time he played rugged mill owner John Thornton in the BBC hit adaptation of North and South, Turner hasn't been so troubled.

“I think that he loves all of that,” laughs Richard.

“He was born to play those roles really. Whereas I found myself in that role in North and South not really realising what it was.

"I think Aidan is a magnet for that. He's only in his late 20s. I'm sure he'll exercise that side of his talent and then go on and find different things that interest him.”

BBC / PAThe BBC are to make five more series of PoldarkHeart throb: Aidan Turner in Poldark
Armitage, 44, shot to fame in 2004 when hours after the first episode of period drama North And South aired, the BBC message board crashed.

Since then the broodingly handsome actor has had a loyal following, the so-called 'Armitage Army'.

But despite being adored by thousands of women, Richard has never wanted to rest on his good looks.

As Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit , he was a bona fide blockbuster star and last year he won rave reviews for his role in The Crucible at the Old Vic.

A stint playing Dawn French's love interest in the Vicar of Dibley aside, Richard has worked hard to shake off his heart throb status.

For Richard, what's interested him most recently is playing serial killer Francis Dolahyde on hit US show Hannibal.

NBCHannibalKiller role: Richard in Hannibal
He says: "I feel it as a real challenge to keep challenging that fan base and introducing them to something they wont like.

"I knew Francis Dolahyde was controversial because I knew a lot of people wouldn’t like him. Because they like you to be a heartthrob or attractive. So I saw that as 'let's see if we can change people’s tastes'.”

The actor famously applies a method-style dedication to his roles – even submitting to a water boarding in preparation for his role in spy drama Spooks.

Still, there were times when even he found getting inside the head of a psychopath draining.

“I used to go home and put my head in my hands and think I've just got to get to the end of this. The horrible things that he does to people... I couldn’t have played him for a particularly long period of time without some comic relief.”

Richard currently lives in New York, to be close to the big roles and acting opportunities.

But while he loves the anonymity New York gives him, he admits that not being recognised as Thorin due to all the makeup and prostheses was frustrating.

“I was excited about disappearing and transforming physically so people don’t know it's you, but after three years of wheeling out that film and people still not really realising it was me, it's frustrating.

"You go into meetings and castings and they say have I seen you in anything? And you're like 'well yeah, I'm in this film...' and they still don’t market that connection. It doesn’t help you in terms of an afterlife.”

However, it was a role he loved, despite the physical demands: “Thorin was buried under a thick body suit. The role was more about being physically capable of waving the sword around. It was tough.

“There was one day when I vomited in a bucket. It was in the goblin tunnels in the first movie. They'd built this set, which was dark and lit up with flames.

"It was incredibly hot, the sound stages were made from concrete which made it like an oven. That was the most memorably tough day we did. Even the stunt guys were struggling on that day.”

Like many of his contemporaries, Richard has been rumoured to be in the running for the next Bond.

He says: "I think it's because of Spooks . If you run around with a gun and look decent doing it, they think 'he can play James Bond'. And if GQ photograph you wearing a nice fitted suit.

"Every time I've done a photo shoot to promote anything they always put you in a suit and say 'Is this the next James Bond ?'”

Still, he admits hr wouldn't turn it down.

“I think it's a great premise. I'd focus more on him as a spy. I do feel like the franchise needs a breath of fresh air.

"It needs updating, which is what Daniel Craig did, but there's something else there, the old dinosaur needs to be brushed off. It's still a great franchise and who doesn’t want to go and see a great bond movie?”

Very interesting- also würde er die James Bond Rolle doch annehmen :evilgrin: !

Was den heartthrob angeht- immerhin müssen bei Richard die Muskeln nicht aufgepinselt werden- bei ihm sind sie echt :mrgreen: !

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 18.12.2015, 18:18 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Mirror 18.12.2015
BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 19:55 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Wow, auch wenn es sicher nicht das herausragendste Interview der letzten Jahre ist, freue ich mich gerade ganz schlicht, dass wir dank 'Hannibal'-DVD/Blueray so etwas Umfangreiches mit in paar kleinen Highlights vor Weihnachten bekommen. :heartthrow:

Danke, Nimue. :kuss: Und in :mrgreen: in Din Richtung. ;)

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 20:01 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Die JB-Sache finde ich ja auch interessant. Ich bin ja nach wie vor der Meinung, daß er ein toller Bond wäre, nahe der Buchvorlage. :sigh: Bond in den Büchern ist ja wesentlich komplexer als ein Hollywood-Superheld, er ist sogar ein wenig zwielichtig und hat einen Hauch von Sadomasochismus (was ja zum Sexlife der Flemings paßt, wenn man den Gerüchten Glauben schenken kann). Schön wär's *seufz* :sigh2:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 21:49 
Little Miss Gisborne

Dieser Artikel ist eine nette kleine Überraschung. :sigh:

Ich muss zugeben, dass mich seine James Bond-Aussage jetzt nicht so überrascht. Es wäre taktisch schon etwas unklug, wenn er angesichts der häufigen Nennung seines Namens in dem Zusammenhang sagen würde, dass ihn die Rolle null interessiert.

Und je nachdem wie man es aufzieht, könnte ihm ein Engagement in diese Richtung vielleicht schon gefallen.

Interessant fand ich seine Aussage dazu, dass ihm seine Thorin-Darstellung für zukünftige Engagements kaum geholfen hat. Das ist uns zwar nicht wirklich neu, aber es führt mal wieder vor Augen, dass solche großen Rollen nicht zwangsläufig ein Durchbruch sein müssen.

Schön, dass es mal wieder etwas über und mit ihm zu lesen gibt, auch wenn der Artikel eigentlich wenig neues bietet.

Danke für's Posten, Nimue! :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 22:46 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Wir lieben Herausforderungen, Mr. Armitage! :mrgreen:
Danke für's Herholen des Artikels, Nimue! :kuss: Da kann Frau sogar mal Mirror lesen. ;)

(Aber ist Aidan Turner nicht 32? Auch bei ihm sind die Twenties vorbei... :scratch: Wurden hier doch ältere Schnipsel (unter)gemischt?)

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 23:33 

Huch, völlg unerwartet ist da so ein nettes, recht interessantes Interview! :daumen:
Danke, Nimue, für's Herüberholen! :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 18.12.2015, 23:36 

Oaky hat geschrieben:
Ich muss zugeben, dass mich seine James Bond-Aussage jetzt nicht so überrascht. Es wäre taktisch schon etwas unklug, wenn er angesichts der häufigen Nennung seines Namens in dem Zusammenhang sagen würde, dass ihn die Rolle null interessiert.

:samekind:
"I know what I sell." ;)

BeitragVerfasst: 19.12.2015, 08:10 

Und ich hab's ja gewußt, daß der Zwerg nicht das ganz große Gelbe vom Ei ist. *nörgelnörgelsudersuder :grins: ;)

Und er könnte mit Ralph Fiennes spielen!! :aww: *träum*

BeitragVerfasst: 19.12.2015, 11:50 

Arianna hat geschrieben:
Aber ist Aidan Turner nicht 32? Auch bei ihm sind die Twenties vorbei... :scratch: Wurden hier doch ältere Schnipsel (unter)gemischt?

Mir fiel auch sofort auf, dass Aidan Turner nun auch schon etwas länger nicht mehr in den Tweenties ist. :scratch: Und das soll bei meiner "Allgemeinbildung" in Sachen (britische) Schauspieler was heißen. :lol: Ich kann mir durchaus vorstellen, dass da fröhlich vermischt wurde: Kili mit Poldark, das schwierige Nach-Thorin-Übergangsjahr 2013 mit den anschließenden Erfolgen (von TC bis 'Hannibal'), ... Derzeit wirkt Richard ja weder unterbeschäftigt noch unzufrieden.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde