Aktuelle Zeit: 19.04.2024, 05:28

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: cinema.fanpage.it (21.11.2013)
BeitragVerfasst: 21.11.2013, 18:31 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Ein italienisches Interview:

http://cinema.fanpage.it/lo-hobbit-2-richard-armitage-thorin-intervista/

Bei RAcentral gibt es eine Übersetzung:

Zitat:
The second instalment of the film trilogy based on JRR Tolkien’s masterpiece The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, continues to follow the adventure of the protagonist Bilbo Baggins (played by the actor Martin Freeman) on his journey with the wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellen) and the thirteen dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage), in an epic quest to reclaim the dwarven kingdom of Erebor. While we await the film’s cinematic release on December 12th, Fanpage takes a moment to conduct an exclusive interview with Richard Armitage, who plays Thorin.

What is Thorin like when we meet him in this film, and how is he different from the Thorin of the first film?

RA: I think that one of the interesting things about Thorin in this endeavour is when he meets Gandalf and must submit to his authority. Thorin has always understood that Gandalf is in charge. Therefore, in the second film, once Gandalf takes his absence from the dwarves, Thorin can finally take control of the situation. But unfortunately, it looks like they are going to get into major difficulties. I think that being incarcerated in Mirkwood by the Elves will be his lowest point on the whole journey. Everything they possess is taken from them, all of their weapons, and they lose hope. This is the cornerstone of the second film with regards to the development of the character. I think that this is the moment when Thorin realises that Bilbo is not just one of the people on this quest, but will instead be a determining factor in reclaiming the Arkenstone. So this is what we essentially see happening in Thorin’s story arc, which is a part of the affirmation that he might succeed.

On that basis, in this film Thorin has his sights on the Lonely Mountain, his lost homeland. What effect does that have on him?

RA: It’s so interesting, because he’s constantly going back and forth, which I was aware of from the beginning, and understanding how to interpret that was a huge challenge. The quest is the motive that pushes him to carry on. The map and the key are the catalysts that spur him on, the promise of his kingdom, of his throne, which is a very personal thing, and the promise of reclaiming all of the riches of his people, which is also very personal. But at the same time, his fear and the demon that resides inside of the mountain hold him back to the point of keeping him away, as much as he wants to go. It’s very complicated, it’s a moment of great emotion for them all.

You said that when you were invited to play the role, the faith that Peter Jackson had in you helped you to find the leader in yourself, in order to play Thorin. What factor did this play in the continuation of your quest?

RA: I think it depended in part on my finding my love for the character, because at first I did not particularly like him. Often I couldn’t find myself sympathising with his way of being, I was the opposite, but I tried to defend him. But I think I found a trait in him that made me love him, like his loyalty towards his people and the fact that he was ready to die for them. And then, I could return to that moment when they reach the Lonely Mountain, when he looks in the faces of his companions, the Dwarves – it’s a fantastic moment. I found another side of Thorin in that moment, when he is overcome by hope. Rather than being pompous in his triumph, it was as if he was saying “we did this together”. So that was my motivation in the film.

Can you tell me about the elves that capture Thorin and the Company in Mirkwood? How did Thorin feel when confronting the elves?

RA: It’s Thorin’s worst nightmare. The Dwarves and the Elves in general have had a past that was somewhat antagonistic. They were at war, but that’s a personal matter. When the dwarves were annihilated and forced out of the Mountain to go into exile, Thorin looked to Thranduil in supplication, basically asking them for help. And Thranduil turned his back on them and offered them no asylum, leaving them to wander Middle-earth as vagabonds, to try and remake their lives under the Blue Mountains. I don’t think that’s something that will soon be forgotten. Therefore to be captured by them, to be in the presence of Thranduil and thrown in prison, I think that’s the moment in which Thorin hits the biggest low of his journey. But before being locked up he tells Thranduil what he thinks. He says “This is what you did to my people. This is why there is this animosity between us and why I will never forgive you”. So, in that way there’s a certain satisfaction in being able to say those things, but in spite of everything, Thranduil locks him up and they can’t continue the journey while being locked underground – where the prisoners discover that the locks are dwarven-made, and so they won’t be able to escape.

You and the rest of the cast and crew have been filming pick-ups in New Zealand. What was it like putting those heavy boots back on and rejoining the guys?

RA: Marvelous, to tell the truth. I went back to those locations before we started filming the pick-ups, and it was as if I never left. I was ready. I knew that I would immerse myself in the character again, but it was going to take a couple of days. I had one foot in the character and one foot out for a whole day of retakes, and then I found him again. But I think that everyone came back with a sense of satisfaction for what we had done in the first film. Coming back for the pick-ups included honing as many details as possible for the characters, defining the story and really sharpening the blade for the second film.

How was it working with Peter again, was the experience the same or different?

RA: It was different. I think that there was an increasing sense of trust between us. There always was one, but I think it was more obvious when you start filming with someone again. He worked in a way that was even more meticulous. We had many more shortcuts this time around because I understood exactly what he wanted, without him feeling he has to ask me. Sometimes that takes you by surprise. I would go home at night and think about how a scene would be, and the next morning Peter would say exactly what I had been thinking. I thought “we’re really on the same wavelength”. So it was really a marvelous thing. And in the last two weeks of shooting it was Peter and me working together. We pushed ourselves to our limits and managed to get all the way through the final week together. All that I can say is that our rapport is built on trust.

Some of the characters appear for the first time in the second film, like Legolas, Tauriel, Thranduil and Beorn. Can you tell me how it was working with Orlando Bloom, Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace and Mikael Persbrandt?

RA: Unfortunately the only character with whom I didn’t get to work was Evangeline, although at one point we’re in the same scene and exchange glances. But I had a lot of fun working with Mikael, Lee and Orlando. I had an incredible scene with Lee, which was very satisfying to perform, because as I said before, it’s when the dwarves get to claim what they are owed, and you don’t often get to see them that way. Also with Orlando there was a crazy scene where he takes Orcrist from Thorin and thinks that Thorin stole it from the Elves because Orcrist is an Elvish blade.

Has your life changed in any way since the release of An Unexpected Journey? Do people approach you to talk about your character?

RA: People don’t recognise me right away. But there was a particular time. I was promoting the release of the DVD in Australia. I answered some questions from the audience in a cinema, and I was really well-received. I really felt not just the enthusiasm for the film, but also for my character.

http://richardarmitagecentral.co.uk/new-ra-interview-on-italian-cinema-fanpage/

Thanks RAcentral, especially Kate. :blum:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 21.11.2013, 18:31 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: cinema.fanpage.it (21.11.2013)
BeitragVerfasst: 22.11.2013, 13:52 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Danke, Laudine :blum: ! Die letzte Bemerkung ist wieder typisch unser bescheidener Richard :knutsch: - klar, die Leute waren beim Popcorn Taxi Event nur von seinem " character" Thorin begeistert und keinesfalls von ihm :lol: .

Zitat:
People don’t recognise me right away. But there was a particular time. I was promoting the release of the DVD in Australia. I answered some questions from the audience in a cinema, and I was really well-received. I really felt not just the enthusiasm for the film, but also for my character.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde