Aktuelle Zeit: 26.04.2024, 20:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 390 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Neues Filmprojekt "Charlie"?
BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 11:47 
Guy's evil dungeon-mistress

Marianne hat geschrieben:
Schlaues Mädel! ................................................................................................................................................. Ich hab noch ein paar Punkte dazugegeben, weil du so schnell warst. :daumen:

:hurra: :hurra: :hurra: :lachen:

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 11.08.2009, 11:47 

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 13:38 

Wurde soeben von MO im AA-Forum Link gepostet:

Zitat:
Hi

I'm Mike Ogden, the guy behind 'Charlie'. Just thought I would come and say hello and update you all. I know you probably have a million questions and I cannot answer them all. This is more of an update and as today I seem to be playing a waiting game, I thought I would come and have a nosey and see what you're all chattering about and throw a few facts out.

Firstly, I shall say that Richard has an excellent fan base and I know for a fact that he's very appreciative and supportive of this. It's easy to say 'well he would be' but genuinely he is. I'd also like to thank you all for your kind words of support for 'Charlie'.
I am committed to Richard doing this film. In fact, I have already had to move the shoot date to keep him on board. I am as keen to have Richard play 'Charlie' as he is to play it. And believe me, he's going to be so good in this role. If Hollywood doesn't kick down his door after this, then I don't know what.

The role Richard is playing is a complex character on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Things aren't what they seem in the film and I am trying to portray a complicated and chaotic time where nothing goes right. The boy 'Marco' is in the middle of all this, trying to grow up. Underneath it all, that is what the film is about.

As you may have gathered, getting a feature off the ground is difficult but we're almost there. Financing is sourced and we are in the midst of getting the four financiers terms and attach a couple more key cast roles.

It will shoot in Italy, but I can't say where. It will take about 2 months to shoot then several months to finish. We then go out to festivals. A general release is likely in 2011 unless some distributor goes crazy for it. I really can't guarantee a date and in fact no producer ever can. I shall be amazed if it doesn't get released on DVD wherever you are, but I'd advise you go and get HD'ed up as the film will look amazing. Imagine - Richard in HD... ooooh :D

I really can't tell you anything of the storyline in detail for obvious reasons as there's a lot going on. There is a lot of adventure and action as well as character based drama. The film has some great funny moments as well as very tragic parts and as someone on here pointed out, it will be realistic. That's how the story deserves to be told and it would be an insult to those brave people who gave up their lives originally at the time to do anything else.

Lara Fabian is playing a great role in the film as a doctors wife, 'Mimi'. She has a secret of her own to reveal. She will also lend her amazing vocal talents to the films soundtrack. I know some of you have expressed a doubt about her acting ability as she hasn't done a lot, but trust me - I can tell when someone has that ability and Lara will surprise.

So what will the film be like? Well, sort of a mix of English Patient/Saving Private Ryan/Whistle Down the Wind/Lord of The Flies/The Pianist... but it's far from films like Dirty Dozen or that mess Tarantino just released.

I'm glad the project's managed to get some of you reading some of the background books. I've read a lot more than the two or three mentioned but those will give you a good feel for the period.

Not much more I can say right now other than thanks to you all again for your support. You can expect a more thorough web site once the film is in pre production, videos, pics etc. Just keep waving a flag for it and talking on the interwebs, not just here but elsewhere too and the film will gain extra momentum.

Who knows... once the film is finished, I just might arrange a special screening.

Keep reading the twitter updates.

Regards and thanks

Mike

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 13:45 

Das hört sich doch sehr interessant an! :heartthrow:

Und vor allem folgender Satz:
Zitat:
Who knows... once the film is finished, I just might arrange a special screening.

Ich sehe uns schon alle Schlange stehen, um Karten zu ergattern!!! :grins:

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 16:02 
Rickys heiße Bikerbraut

danke bellydancer :blum:

:heartthrow: :heartthrow:
Zitat:
I am committed to Richard doing this film. In fact, I have already had to move the shoot date to keep him on board. I am as keen to have Richard play 'Charlie' as he is to play it. And believe me, he's going to be so good in this role. If Hollywood doesn't kick down his door after this, then I don't know what.

The role Richard is playing is a complex character on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Things aren't what they seem in the film and I am trying to portray a complicated and chaotic time where nothing goes right. The boy 'Marco' is in the middle of all this, trying to grow up. Underneath it all, that is what the film is about.

das klingt alles wirklich super toll :daumen: da bin ich ja jetzt schon soooo gespannt auf das endprodukt............aber das dauert ja alles noch.

Bellydancer hat geschrieben:
Und vor allem folgender Satz:
Zitat:

Ich sehe uns schon alle Schlange stehen, um Karten zu ergattern!!! :grins:

allerdings :grins:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 17:04 

Keine Ahnung, ob ich das hier posten soll/darf (ansonsten bitte löschen!), aber vielleicht gibt es ja einige unter Euch, die nicht bei der AA angemeldet sind und es daher nicht lesen können: MO hat weitere Infos gepostet...
Zitat:
Me again. Couldn't help reading the replies above.

About the tone of the film. There is quite a bit of action in Charlie, but there is just as much character development and drama. As for whether I am making bad guys out of one side or the other, if you read your history, from the point of view of the Italians and especially their civilians, they are caught between a rock and a hard place. The Allies did many stupid things in Italy as well as the Axis forces. The film is not a good guy/white hat bad guy/black hat kind of a film. Yes it does show atrocities by the Nazis, but it also shows a different and complex side to them too, the ordinary blokes who really just wanted to go home. Same with the allies. They are just blokes following orders and trying to survive as best they can.

I've done a heck of a lot of research into this and have tried to write the story in a simple yet insightful way, portraying characters as they would have been. As I said elsewhere, the film does not flag wave. It is not triumphalist. It is a story in a realistic setting. Charlie/Richard has a great line in the film that sums this up, but you'll have to wait to hear it when the film is out. :D

As for an internet screening. I have to be exceptionally careful not to have this film leak out on to the interwebs before release, so I would doubt it.

And as for telling you the locations. Do you think I am mad? He he... but... BUT... I MIGHT think about a set visit.

Und noch mehr:

Zitat:
Let's get the movie going first, eh? But I will promise that once it's rolling you lot from all forums won't be forgotten. Just get the word out... I promise you, Richard wants to do this film as badly as I want to :)

Sowie
Zitat:
I like to know what people think but ultimately, I make the film I want to watch. Richard's supporters are a great bunch and shall be rewarded for their enthusiasm and support.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 18:46 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Wenn ich mal nen halben Tag nicht da bin.... :grins: Hört sich das nicht alles großartig an? Worauf wir immer gehofft haben? :stars:

If Hollywood doesn't kick down his door after this, then I don't know what.

... but it's far from films like Dirty Dozen or that mess Tarantino just released.

Yeah! Gibt es Brad Pitt!

We then go out to festivals

Cannes, Venedig, Berlin....*träum*

Lara Fabian is playing a great role in the film as a doctors wife, 'Mimi'.

Als Frau eines Arztes kann ich sie mir vorstellen. Für eine Bäuerin oder so wäre sie viel zu schön.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 19:38 
Arthlin's princesse enchantée

Maike hat geschrieben:
Hört sich das nicht alles großartig an? Worauf wir immer gehofft haben? :stars:

Ach ja... :sigh: Schon fast zu schön, um letztlich wahr zu werden.

Zitat:
If Hollywood doesn't kick down his door after this, then I don't know what.

... but it's far from films like Dirty Dozen or that mess Tarantino just released.

MO ist jedenfalls ein Mann mit Visionen (um nicht zu sagen, er ist ebenso gut im Träumen wie wir :grins: ). Und er scheint mit einem gesunden Selbstbewusstsein ausgestattet - wenn er solchen etablierten Größen wie Tarantino mal eben verbal eine reinwürgt. :yau: Er sollte nur nicht aus den Augen verlieren, dass er manchen Leuten vielleicht eines Tages in gewissen Festival-Kommitees wiederbegegnen könnte. :P

Dann hoffe ich mal, dass sein Endprodukt so vielversprechend gerät wie es sich bislang anhört. :daumen: Und bis dahin haben wir ja noch eine ziemlich lange Zeit zum Träumen vor uns - was auch ganz schön sein kann. :heartthrow: :mrgreen:

Rumplestiltskin ღ Belle

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 21:37 
Percy's naughty little barfly

:ohnmacht: :hurra: :ohnmacht: :hurra: :ohnmacht: :hurra: Wow, das sind ja großartige Neuigkeiten... und wahnsinnig nett von MO, der "Army" -und da schließe ich jetzt mal alle RA-Fans ein- so viel über sein Projekt und die Arbeit mit Richard zu erzählen :held: .
Die Erwartungen an den Film werden allerdings nach diesen Aussagen auch recht hoch.. also genau richtig für Richard :milest:

Sig and Ava by Kiteflier, RichardArmitageNet

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 21:54 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Julie hat geschrieben:
Die Erwartungen an den Film werden allerdings nach diesen Aussagen auch recht hoch.. also genau richtig für Richard :milest:

Endlich können wir das :milest: -Smilie mal auspacken! Gegenüber RIII scheint dieser Film schon mal den nicht zu unterschätzenden Vorteil zu haben, dass er tatsächlich gedreht wird. :hurra:

MO hat sich auch auf C19 gemeldet, wird aber eher bei der AA posten und hat erlaubt, dass alles überall verbreitet wird, ist also völlig okay, das hier zu posten.

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2009, 22:52 
Mill overseer & Richards Schmusekätzchen

MO ist ja süß! :kuss: Einen Producer, der Richards Fans liebt, muss man doch einfach liebhaben! :kuss:

Zitat:
Let's get the movie going first, eh? But I will promise that once it's rolling you lot from all forums won't be forgotten. Just get the word out... I promise you, Richard wants to do this film as badly as I want to :)

Sowie
Zitat:
I like to know what people think but ultimately, I make the film I want to watch. Richard's supporters are a great bunch and shall be rewarded for their enthusiasm and support.

*quiek* :ohnmacht:
Vielleicht braucht er ja doch noch deutsche Komparsen? :pfeif: :bindafür:

Insgesamt klingt der Film wirklich nach einem :milest: Wow! Und wenn Schweighöfer (oder ein anderer bekannter deutscher Schauspieler) mitspielt, dürfen wir vielleicht wirklich mit Richard bei der Berlinale rechnen! :juhu:

BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2009, 14:32 
Arthlin's princesse enchantée

Und gerade bei Armitage_Daily (LJ) gelesen - ab morgen soll offenbar die Website zum Film online gehen!!! :hurra: :doll:

Hier schon mal der Link: http://www.charliefilm.co.uk/

Also in Sachen Fankommunikation verdient sich MO ja wirklich eine Auszeichnung! :daumen:
:yourock: :mrgreen:

Rumplestiltskin ღ Belle

BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2009, 16:01 
Favourite madam of John T.

Maike hat geschrieben:
Julie hat geschrieben:

Endlich können wir das :milest: -Smilie mal auspacken! Gegenüber RIII scheint dieser Film schon mal den nicht zu unterschätzenden Vorteil zu haben, dass er tatsächlich gedreht wird. :hurra:
MO hat sich auch auf C19 gemeldet, wird aber eher bei der AA posten und hat erlaubt, dass alles überall verbreitet wird, ist also völlig okay, das hier zu posten.

Wow, das klingt ja alles suuper. Toll, dass MO so offen für die Fans ist. Da werden wir sicher das ganze Jahr über viel zu lesen kriegen, besonders wenn wir uns hier http://www.charliefilm.co.uk/ auch noch herumtreiben. :milest: :chat:

No one knows what you are for me.

Thanks to Jessie for these amazing SIG

BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2009, 16:12 
Ich bin einfach nur platt von der ganzen Entwicklung, die sich da abzuzeichnen scheint. Oh Mann, wäre das schön.... :stars2: :hoff: Aaah, wenn das was richtig Großes würde.... :win: :happy:

BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2009, 16:21 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Das ist ja wirklich tolle Neuigkeiten. :hurra: :hurra: :hurra: :hurra:

BeitragVerfasst: 12.08.2009, 17:18 
Mr. Durrant's most desiRAble secret

Marianne hat geschrieben:
Ich bin einfach nur platt von der ganzen Entwicklung, die sich da abzuzeichnen scheint. Oh Mann, wäre das schön.... :stars2: :hoff: Aaah, wenn das was richtig Großes würde.... :win: :happy:

Ich bin auch vollkommen geplättet. Und dass MO so ungezwungen mit so vielen Infos rausrückt! WOHOO! :hurra: Den muss man wirklich mal virtuell :kuss: ! :mrgreen:

Bildthere should always be time for tea

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 390 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde