Aktuelle Zeit: 24.04.2024, 05:32

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 249 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 15:43 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Da Richard auf Twitter nun Charlize Theron und Chloe Moretz folgt, gibt es wieder Raum für Spekulationen:
http://www.cinefilos.it/cinema-news/201 ... ire-238547 (italienisch)

und

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58770660/

Zitat:
Broad Green Sets 'Brain on Fire' with Chloë Grace Moretz and Jenny Slate

19 hours ago | Thompson on Hollywood | See recent Thompson on Hollywood news »

Budding Broad Green Pictures has wrangled a strong cast for its upcoming "Brain on Fire," adapted from Susannah Cahalan's lauded 2012 memoir and directed by Irish indie Gerard Barrett. The film will star two kickass women — Chloë Grace Moretz and Jenny Slate — and emerging young star Thomas Mann, the "Me" of Sundance smash "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl." Moretz plays rising New York Post journalist Cahalan who starts having seizures and hearing voices, rapidly descending into insanity and violence. A series of outbursts, misdiagnoses and a prolonged hospital stay lead her to a doctor who finally gives her a diagnosis, and hope to rebuild her life. Charlize Theron, A.J. Dix and Beth Kono of Denver & Delilah, and Rob Merilees and Lindsay Macadam of Foundation Features are producing. Broad Green will distribute in the Us, with studio partner Mister Smith Entertainment shopping international rights following a European Film »

- Ryan Lattanzio

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 08.07.2015, 15:43 

BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 15:59 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Danke für's Herholen, Arianna! Ich habe es auch eben bei Perry gelesen- klingt interessant. Da hätte sich der LA - Aufenthalt wirklich gelohnt :daumen: :
https://armitageagonistes.wordpress.com ... /#comments

Zitat:
Based on a memoir, The key doctor who helped the real life patient of a rare form of encephalitis. ( shades of Will Graham?) seems to be, based on his name, Arab, Southeast Asian or otherwise middle eastern. Could Richard Armitage play such a role? I think so.

I think so, too- he could definitely pull it off!

Puh, der Mann hält uns ganz schön auf TRAb :hurra: :knutsch: .
Wenn ich denke, wie sich nach TH noch einige Sorgen gemacht haben, er würde keine Rollen kriegen.
Und jetzt scheint es sowas von vorwärts zu rollen- the only way is up! Sein Durchhaltevermögen und seine Geduld und sein fleißiges Networking zahlen sich aus.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 16:45 
Lucas' sugarhorse

Thanks to CSprof:
Hier noch die Geschichte des Doktors:
Das mit dem Zeichnen der Uhr dürfte allen Hannibal/ Will Zuschauern bekannt vorkommen :evilgrin: :
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 ... cures.html

Zitat:
[b]Staten Island doctor's savvy cures baffling brain disease 
[/b]Doctor_Combo.jpg
Dr. Souhel Najjar, left, often referred to as a gentle version of TV's Dr. House, was able to determine what was wrong with Susannah Cahalan. (Right photo courtesy of Ms. Cahalan)
Print Email Stephanie Slepian | slepian@siadvance.com By Stephanie Slepian | slepian@siadvance.com
Email the author
on August 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM, updated August 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Reddit

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y., - Susannah Cahalan has no memory of the day Dr. Souhel Najjar walked into her room at NYU-Langone Medical Center for the first time. She later learned that he sat at her bedside, held her hand and looked directly into her eyes as he promised to figure out what was wrong, something the other doctors no longer did.

Dr. Najjar filled pages of notes detailing Ms. Cahalan's symptoms as described by her family: Numbness on the left side of her body, mood swings at work, seizures and hallucinations of her father beating her stepmother, Civil War paintings coming to life and a statue of Buddha smiling at her when she locked herself in the bathroom.

He studied the results of highly-specialized, multi-million dollar medical tests and he reviewed past diagnoses ranging from mononucleosis to alcohol withdrawal to bipolar disorder to schizophrenia-related illnesses.

But Dr. Najjar -- often referred to as a gentle version of television's Dr. House for his ability to unlock the most complex of medical mysteries -- wasn't buying any of it in a 24-year-old with no previous or family medical history.

"It was difficult for me to accept the fact, as much as she was psychotic, that it was a pure mental disorder," said Dr. Najjar.
"It was difficult for me to accept the fact, as much as she was psychotic, that it was a pure mental disorder," said Dr. Najjar, an associate professor of neurology at NYU-Langone and also the director of neuroscience at Staten Island University Hospital. 

The first clue was her first symptom: Numbness on the left side.

"I realized that's when her disease started before she became psychotic," said Dr. Najjar. 

NEEDED PROOF 

"I needed to prove to many doctors involved in her care before me that this was actually a neurological disease. I had to find a test in my mind that proved it."

So he handed Ms. Cahalan a pencil and a piece of paper and asked her to draw a clock.

"When I looked at the drawing, I was completely taken back in that she squeezed all the numbers from one to 12 only on the right side of the clockface, and she left the left side of the clockface totally empty," Dr. Najjar said.

"She ignores, neglects, doesn't even see anything on the left side of the hemisphere, which is usually the function of the right side of the brain.

"Here's the evidence this started on the right side of the brain. It correlated with what her parents told me early on before she was sick or psychotic or she had seizures, she had numbness on the left side."

A brain biopsy confirmed Dr. Najjar's hunch: There was inflammation on the right side of Ms. Cahalan's brain.

He diagnosed her with autoimmune encephalitis, a rare, but easily treatable disorder, which can present with psychiatric symptoms.

Essentially, her body was attacking her brain -- or "setting her brain on fire." 

A STORY TO TELL 

Dr. Najjar's simple explanation of a complicated disorder became the basis of "Brain On Fire: My Month of Madness," a New York Times best-selling memoir written last year by Ms. Cahalan.

Her skills as a reporter for the New York Post helped her piece it all together: She interviewed Dr. Najjar, her family and friends, looked at her medical records and read a detailed diary kept by her father.

She decided to write the book after an article in the Post -- "My mysterious month of madness" -- brought an intense level of interest through e-mails and phone calls.

"I just knew I needed to do it on a larger level, to get the word out about the disease" said Ms. Cahalan, currently on a book tour for the paperback version. "I never thought anybody would read it."

Her initial symptoms manifested as her life picked up speed: She had just been hired full-time by the Post, she was in a new relationship and she was living in her first apartment.

"I didn't know what I was going to do day-to-day, which was exciting, but also made it harder to figure out there was something wrong with me," she said.

"I tried to make sense of it and thought maybe all these changes -- the new job, the new boyfriend, the new apartment -- were causing these feelings." 

INITIAL DEAD-ENDS 

It was the numbness that convinced her she needed to see a neurologist. But all the diagnostic tests were negative, except for slightly enlarged lymph nodes, thus the mono diagnosis.

She suffered her fist seizure while watching the PBS show, "Spain -- On the Road Again," with her boyfriend.

It was one of the last moments she remembered for a month.

Her parents, fearing for their daughter's safety, took her to NYU. She was rushed to the epilepsy unit when she had her third grand mal seizure while waiting in the emergency room.

In the hospital, Ms. Cahalan's behavior became more erratic and she slipped into a catatonic state.

Two weeks into her month-long stay, Dr. Najjar was brought in to consult.

She was released from the hospital soon after his diagnosis, returned to work seven months later and was treated with a course of steroids for a year.

"I can't really remember a time when I felt like myself again during the first year," she said. "It was in stages. I really just had these glimmers of memories."

Dr. Najjar downplays his role as hero in Ms. Cahalan's book. Instead, he thinks the book should become required reading for both veteran physicians and students in their first years of medical school.

"This taught me a lesson and should teach a lot of physicians a lesson," he said.

"When you go into a patient's room, and the patient is very psychotic, severely impaired, catatonic, not interacting, please, please give a chance to that patient and communicate with that patient, and do not consider him an object.

"After all, the patient has the clue for the disease and the diagnosis."

BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 16:50 
Little Miss Gisborne

Interessante Info. :daumen: Danke, Arianna und Nimue! :kuss: :kuss:

Wenn ich richtig gelesen habe, starten die Dreharbeiten dazu aber schon Mitte Juli. Sollten wir da nicht eher von einer kleineren Rolle ausgehen, wenn man bedenkt, dass er bisher noch nicht mal als Cast-Mitglied erwähnt wurde. :nix:

Es wäre mit Sicherheit ein interessantes Projekt, egal wie groß eine eventuelle Rolle wäre. :sigh:

BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 20:17 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Das wäre wirklich ein interessantes Projekt, danke Arianna und Nimue.
Spoiler: anzeigen
Und wenn er will kann ich ihm gerne beratend zur Seite stehen was so eine Hirn(haut)entzündung angeht. ;) :pfeif:

BeitragVerfasst: 08.07.2015, 21:55 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Na, lassen wir uns mal überRAschen. Danke für die Infos, Ihr Lieben. :kuss:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 09.07.2015, 13:53 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Nachschlag - mit dem Drehbeginn:
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/broad ... 201535359/

Zitat:
Broad Green Boards Charlize Theron-Produced ‘Brain on Fire’

Dave McNary

Film Reporter

@Variety_DMcNary

Broad Green Pictures has come on board to produce and finance “Brain on Fire,” starring Chloe Moretz, in a partnership with Charlize Theron’s Denver and Delilah banner along with Foundation Features.

Theron has been developing the project, based on Susannah Cahalan’s memoir “Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness,” since last year. The film will be directed by Gerard Barrett (“Glassland”).

Producers are Theron, A.J. Dix and Beth Kono of Denver and Delilah along with Rob Merilees and Lindsay Macadam of Foundation Features. Moretz will star with Jenny Slate (“Obvious Child”) and Thomas Mann (“Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”).

Principal photography will begin July 13 in Vancouver, and the film is set for release in 2016. Broad Green Pictures will distribute “Brain on Fire” in the U.S., while Mister Smith Entertainment will continue to sell international rights after launching the film at the European Film Market in February.

Broad Green bought a 45% stake in Mister Smith earlier this year and have announced a partnership on “Buena Vista Social Club – Adios,” the sequel to the documentary “Buena Vista Social Club.”

“Brain on Fire” follows a rising journalist at the New York Post who mysteriously starts having seizures and hearing voices. As weeks go by, she moves inexplicably from violence to catatonia — but a last-minute intervention by one doctor finally gives her a diagnosis and hope to rebuild her life.

The deal was brokered on behalf of the filmmakers by WME Global, while Victor Moyers and Chris Tricarico handled for Broad Green Pictures.

Betreff des Beitrags: Brain on Fire (2015)
BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 05:17 

Und ich denke, Richard hat es eben bestätigt, dass er eine Rolle in 'Brain on Fire' hat.

Zitat:
Richard Armitage (@RCArmitage)
13.07.15 05:08
.@Comic_Con Good bye San Diego..Hello Vancouver. pic.twitter.com/cIkbAJ0lHf

https://twitter.com/rcarmitage/status/6 ... 5725812736

Die Bilder von ihm und seines Tweets (warum, bitte klicken ;) ) würde ich gerne hochladen, aber ich habe keine Berechtigung? :nix: :scratch:

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Brain on Fire (2015)
BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 05:32 
Richard's favourite bedtime storyteller

Nicole1971 hat geschrieben:
Und ich denke, Richard hat es eben bestätigt, dass er eine Rolle in 'Brain on Fire' hat.

Zitat:
Richard Armitage (@RCArmitage)
13.07.15 05:08
.@Comic_Con Good bye San Diego..Hello Vancouver. pic.twitter.com/cIkbAJ0lHf

https://twitter.com/rcarmitage/status/6 ... 5725812736

Die Bilder von ihm und seines Tweets (warum, bitte klicken ;) ) würde ich gerne hochladen, aber ich habe keine Berechtigung? :nix: :scratch:

zumindest das Bild - Ich tu es gerne für Dich .... :grins:
Danke Nicole für's Rüberholen

Bild

Bild I will be always your LucasGirl
and yes, I love Francis, Daniel & Raymond,2
Bild

FD: 'You see me now, Yes
That's how you feel to see me
Do you feel me now? Yes'

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 06:01 

Danke LT! :blum:

Und einmal wieder eine Vaterrolle (und die Kinder werden immer älter ;) ):

Zitat:
Michaela Servetus (@ServetusRA)
13.07.15 05:57
“Brain on Fire” — Big Man is the author’s father meandrichard.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/bra…

https://twitter.com/servetusra/status/6 ... 1560348672

Danke Michaela! :blum:

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 06:54 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Danke für die Infos, Nicole und LucasThorin! :grouphug:

Ich hatte das irgendwie im Gefühl ;) : von San Diego nach Vancouver zu fliegen ist logistisch geschickt...

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 07:32 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

:yess: Im Moment ist er nicht zu stoppen. Danke für die Infos, Ihr Lieben. :kuss: *einen Forenbereich basteln geht*

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 07:45 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Ich glaube, diese ausführliche deutsche Rezension des Buches hatten wir noch nicht:

http://m.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-106 ... google.de/

Heißen wird Richard übrigens Tom ;).

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 08:00 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Danke für den Thread, Laudine! :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2015, 08:04 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Herzlichen Dank für den thread und die Links! :blum:

Derzeit ist Richard aber wirklich gefragt! Ich hoffe, das bleibt so! 8)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 249 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde