Aktuelle Zeit: 26.04.2024, 11:13

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 450 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hamlet
BeitragVerfasst: 03.12.2014, 15:08 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Hm, ich fürchte, es ist ein Preis mit Regionalbezug, beschränkt auf Autoren aus North Carolina... :pfeif:

Vielleicht oder hoffentlich kommt mehr nach...

Edit: AJHartley hat auf Twitter ergänzt, dass es sich um einen Literaturpreis handelt, keinen Audio-Award. Das war missverständlich.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 03.12.2014, 15:08 

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 19:44 
Little Miss Gisborne

Hamlet ist Audible's Audiobook of the Year!!! :hurra: :hurra: :hurra: :hurra:

http://www.audible.com/mt/Best-of-2014/ ... s=center-2

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 19:57 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

Du meine Güte, das geht ja derzeit Schlag auf Schlag. Wie toll! :daumen: :happy:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 20:50 
Guy of Gisbornes Gefolgsfrau

Hey, das hört sich ja gut an.
Ich liebe Hamlet, habe davon schon so einige Verfilmungen. Dann werde ich mir dieses Audiobook wohl auch zulegen (müssen).

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 21:16 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Bard hat geschrieben:
Ich liebe Hamlet, habe davon schon so einige Verfilmungen. Dann werde ich mir dieses Audiobook wohl auch zulegen (müssen).

Die Investition für den Download lohnt sich definitiv! :daumen:

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 21:29 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Arianna hat geschrieben:
Bard hat geschrieben:

Die Investition für den Download lohnt sich definitiv! :daumen:

Von müssen ist keine Rede, aber Du wirst es nicht bereuen. Richard spricht Hörbücher ebenso gut wie Luke Evans singen kann (wobei Luke noch keine Hörbücher aufgenommen hat und RA auch singen kann, wie man ab- und zu hören kann, daher hinkt der Vergleich ein wenig ;) ).

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 21:41 
Guy of Gisbornes Gefolgsfrau

Hihi, Luke Evans hat doch schon ein Hörbuch aufgenommen. Aber bisher glaub ich nur eins.
Ist aber nur auf CD zu kaufen und auch nicht so umfangreich vermarktet worden; daher auch ziemlich teuer. Er erzählte die Geschichte "Treasure Island":
http://www.amazon.de/Treasure-Island-Famous-Fiction-Audiogo/dp/1471348326/ref=tmm_abk_title_0

Schön wäre es ja, wenn man Richards Auftritte im Musicalbereich auch mal als Kauf-DVD kaufen könnte, so wie bei Luke - damals ganze 23 Jahre alt.

Aber nicht zu viel off topic. :grins:
Ich werde auf jeden Fall schauen.

BeitragVerfasst: 07.12.2014, 21:49 
Squirrel's finest hidden treasure

Bard hat geschrieben:
Hihi, Luke Evans hat doch schon ein Hörbuch aufgenommen. Aber bisher glaub ich nur eins.
Ist aber nur auf CD zu kaufen und auch nicht so umfangreich vermarktet worden; daher auch ziemlich teuer. Er erzählte die Geschichte "Treasure Island":
http://www.amazon.de/Treasure-Island-Famous-Fiction-Audiogo/dp/1471348326/ref=tmm_abk_title_0

Schön wäre es ja, wenn man Richards Auftritte im Musicalbereich auch mal als Kauf-DVD kaufen könnte, so wie bei Luke - damals ganze 23 Jahre alt.

Aber nicht zu viel off topic. :grins:
Ich werde auf jeden Fall schauen.

Stimmt, hast Recht. Darüber hat er ja damals auf Twitter und seiner FB-Seite groß berichtet. :oops:
Jetzt ist aber wirklich Schluss mit OT. :grins:

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2014, 14:56 
Lucas' sugarhorse

David Hewson meldet sich zu Wort:
http://davidhewson.com/2014/12/a-few-mo ... ut-hamlet/

Zitat:
A few more words about Hamlet
Dec 8, 2014 | Writing
A few more words about Hamlet

I’m still a little shellshocked by yesterday’s discovery that A.J. Hartley, Richard Armitage and I are responsible for Audible’s Audiobook of the Year with Hamlet, Prince of Denmark: A Novel. I really had no idea any of this was on the cards. The first I knew was when people started congratulating us.
Reflecting on it now though I think a few more words are in order. I know people thank everyone on these occasions. But thanks really are in order. I couldn’t have even contemplated this project without the hard work and deep intellectual insight of my fellow author, Andrew (sorry — I know it’s initials when it comes to the author name but he’s always Andrew to me). I write from ignorance. Andrew writes from knowledge. I suspect that’s one of the things that made us a good pair since I asked the questions that elicited the right answers from him.
More to the point are the people who don’t often get thanked, especially the production team behind the task. Let me make no bones about it: taking Shakespeare and turning these classics into different dramatic forms, ruthlessly and with no fear of rewriting the original, takes guts. Audible went out on a limb when it commissioned our first Shakespeare adaptation, Macbeth. It took an even bigger risk with Hamlet, a project that goes much further in playing with the original, inventing new characters and reimagining existing ones in ways no one has ever tried before.

It was incredibly brave of Steve Feldberg, our guide in the creative team at Audible, to put such trust in us. Just as important when it came to finding the vital deliverer of the book — the narrator — Steve took a careful and painstaking approach over many months looking for the right person for the job. As we now know that person was Richard Armitage, who now possesses the book so confidently I simply cannot imagine how anyone else could have managed it.
We deliberately tried to push the envelope with this project and Audible stuck with us every inch of the way. This isn’t common in the media. Hamlet doesn’t fit into any obvious genre or marketing category, which may be why, even though listeners clearly adore the work, no publisher has shown any interest in turning it into a book. You can, of course, get our self-published ebook of the original now through all the usual sources.
So when I say thanks to Steve’s team… truly, I mean it. Without Audible’s courage we couldn’t have pushed the boundaries the way we did. Now all we need is a visionary TV company to come along and turn it into a six-part series. I have the perfect title by the way: Yorick. And kindly cast Peter Dinklage in the lead part.

BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2014, 16:15 
Richard's favourite bedtime storyteller

Düfte ich bescheiden anfragen... ob jemand...
Spoiler: anzeigen
Hamlet auf CD brennen kann - ich kriege es nicht hin und habe keine Lust mehr dazu, es weiter zu versuchen...
.. bitt dann PM an mich

Bild I will be always your LucasGirl
and yes, I love Francis, Daniel & Raymond,2
Bild

FD: 'You see me now, Yes
That's how you feel to see me
Do you feel me now? Yes'

BeitragVerfasst: 03.03.2015, 21:52 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Bei AudioFile ist Hamlet der Gewinner der Earphones Awards!

http://www.audiofilemagazine.com/reviews/read/92083/

Zitat:
HAMLET, PRINCE OF DENMARK
Earphones Award Winner
by A.J. Hartley, David Hewson | Read by Richard Armitage
Fiction • 9.75 hrs. • Unabridged • © 2014
Wow, Richard Armitage brings William Shakespeare's Hamlet into the modern age with a powerful performance. The authors cut no corners as they bring the story of the Danish prince to life. They turn the play into a novel, which may annoy Shakespeare fans, but the result amplifies, and perhaps simplifies, the original. Armitage is amazing. He's more than a simple reader, showing himself as a gifted actor. He gives distinct life to each of the many characters in the tragedy, making it easy to follow the story. You can actually close your eyes and listen to the work and imagine the scenes unfolding, thanks to Armitage's acting skills. At the risk of shocking English teachers everywhere, this may be a wonderful introduction to the classic. M.S. Winner of AudioFile Earphones Award, 2015 Audies Finalist © AudioFile 2015, Portland, Maine [Published: FEBRUARY 2015]

BeitragVerfasst: 03.03.2015, 22:18 
Lees Aquarobic Trainee

Schöne Nachricht! :daumen:

BeitragVerfasst: 03.03.2015, 22:47 
Mill overseer & Head of the Berlin Station

:yess: :stars:

Sehr schön! :daumen:

Danke, liebe Boardengel, für Eure privaten Schnappschüsse. :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 03.03.2015, 23:52 
Little Miss Gisborne

Super!!! :yess: :hurra:

Danke für die Info, Arianna! :kuss:

BeitragVerfasst: 22.07.2015, 07:28 
Uhtred's warrior maiden

Das Dilemma eines Autors: (wie) lege ich meinen Figuren Dialekt oder Akzent in den Mund oder der Konflikt zwischen geschriebenem und gesprochenem Wort:
http://davidhewson.com/2015/07/writing- ... ble-ahead/

Zitat:
Screen Shot 2015 07 21 At 08.16.08
Writing in an accent: trouble ahead
July 21, 2015Writing
Thanks Tommy, from that wonderfully-named US town Newport News, for the review of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark: A Novel on Audible above. I know authors shouldn’t comment on reviews and I don’t intend to. You seem to have liked our work — for which I’m grateful. But you also raise an interesting point, especially for someone like me who sets stories in foreign locations.

How, exactly, should foreign characters speak when they’re talking in English?

This is not an easy or straightforward question to answer. Some fifteen years ago they were making the movie of my first book, Semana Santa, in Seville. I wasn’t invited along so being me I booked a plane ticket and a hotel then turned up on set and introduced myself as the author of the book on which the movie was — loosely as it turned out — based. The crew were very understanding, as were the cast, one of whom asked me straight out, ‘How do you think I should speak this part? In straight English? Or with a Spanish accent?’

The actor concerned wasn’t remotely Spanish so I immediately blurted out, ‘But the Spanish don’t speak Spanish with a Spanish accent. They speak Spanish.’

I’m still not quite sure how this went down but as it turned out… plain English was the way things went.

Around the same time I was writing the first of the Nic Costa series set in Rome, spending a lot of time there including some very intensive sessions at a language school. You can’t understand Italy properly if you can’t speak a little Italian I was soon to learn.

Now we think of Italian as an elegant language of beauty and poetry, with good reason too. But that’s not the language you hear on the street. In Rome and Florence vernacular Italian is peppered with slang and a lot of pretty strong curses too. I puzzled over how to translate that into modern English. For the first two books the answer seemed easy: write in a kind of American dialect, full of slang and swearing. Technically this approximates to vernacular city street Italian pretty well.

But here’s the problem with accents. However ‘real’ you make them they get in the way. Here’s Dickens putting words in the mouth of his Cockney servant Sam Weller.

Vich I call addin’ insult to injury, as the parrot said ven they not only took him from his native land, but made him talk the English langwidge arterwards.
Weller, according to his creator, swapped the letters ‘v’ and ‘w’ at will, using ‘wery’ for ‘very’ for example. Now I suspect Dickens made all this up. It certainly reflects no modern English accent. He had the excuse that this was for comic effect, of course. But invented or real… it’s horribly hard to read for most modern readers.

After a couple of books of my Romans speaking Manhattan — logically in my own mind — I switched their diction. From around book three they speak simple vernacular English, with very little swearing and not much slang. They have their own linguistic peculiarities. Falcone, the boss, is a touch pompous and displays it in his speech. Teresa Lupo, the pathologist, is a hothead and explodes easily — which is obvious from the way she talks too.

I hope you still get their character. What you don’t get is the possibility of a speed bump which makes the reader ask, ‘Why on earth are these people speaking this way?’

And that, in a nutshell, is my approach to writing accents and foreign dialogue as English. I don’t want anything in there that inhibits the flow of the narrative. I don’t feel the need to indicate someone is Italian, for example, by adding in the odd ‘per favore’ when they order a coffee. Nor would they call someone ‘Signore’ or ‘Signora’ unless they were trying to make a point.

The same goes for a Danish accent in Hamlet. Richard Armitage, doing such a splendid job as a narrator, uses accents very cleverly to denote class. So the royal family will speak as aristocrats while the foot soldiers have a northern working man’s drawl to them. But that’s not about accent. That’s about characterisation and they’re familiar English accents, so most of us will get the point without having to think about it.

If I were to try to write in a Danish accent I wouldn’t know where to start. But I do know that it would look odd on the page and probably make any narrator scratch their heads. Pretty soon afterwards readers and listeners would be doing the same too.

The point is the one I made in Seville all those years ago: the Spanish don’t speak Spanish with a Spanish accent. They speak Spanish. And yes that will have an accent, but it will be a local one. Which brings us back to Sam Weller and stuff like this…

All good feelin’, sir—the wery best intentions, as the gen’l’m’n said ven he run away from his wife ‘cos she seemed unhappy with him.
That’s why we wrote Hamlet straight. And while I can’t speak for Richard Armitage I suspect it’s why he played it straight too.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 450 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde