Aktuelle Zeit: 20.04.2024, 00:50

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Forumsregeln

Die Forumsregeln lesen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 27 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Manchester Evening News (29.10.2009)
BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 11:23 
Percy's naughty little barfly

Mein Google-Alert hat gerade Folgendes ausgespuckt:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d_armitage

:grins:

Zitat:
Spooks: Richard Armitage

SPOOKS star Richard Armitage was plunged in at the deep end when filming the new series of the spy drama. On location in a millionaire's mansion, it was sink or swim time for the actor who plays Lucas North.

By Manchester Evening News

11:00, 27 APR 2010Updated17:01, 12 JAN 2013

SPOOKS star Richard Armitage was plunged in at the deep end when filming the new series of the spy drama.

“One of the trickiest things I had to do was a fight in a swimming pool,” smiles the actor who plays MI5 officer Lucas North.

On location in a millionaire’s mansion near London, the director of the episode decided it was sink or swim time for Richard.

He explains: “It wasn’t in the original script but there was a sequence where Lucas is getting information out of someone and there just happened to be a swimming pool in the house.

“It’s really hard to fight in a pool, everything is in slow motion. It’s almost like a nightmare. But I think it’s going to look really good because I was dunking this chap under the water with the cameras filming from below.”

Spooks (BBC1, Wed, 9pm) returns for an eighth series which begins just minutes after the last series cliffhanger, with a race against time to save kidnapped MI5 Section D boss Harry Pearce (Peter Firth).

The opening episode sees the long awaited return of actress Nicola Walker as Ruth Evershed, who left The Grid three years ago when she faked her own death to protect Harry.

Ruth now has a new identity and much more besides, somewhere very sunny. Sadly, that’s about to change as she is forced to flee back to London with her own life and those of her loved ones, including Harry, at serious risk.

“Ruth is picked up as bait to try and get Harry to reveal something that somebody needs. So the team feel quite helpless,” says Richard. “The captors pitch Harry and Ruth against each other and we’re trying to find where the both of them are.”

Following the change of President, there’s also a new CIA liaison officer on the scene – Sarah Caulfield, played by Genevieve O’Reilly.

“She’s this incredibly beautiful, powerful woman who is obviously irresistable but has trouble written all over her,” grins former Robin Hood star Richard, who played a Manchester mill owner in North and South.

Viewers will see Lucas get much closer to Sarah. But the Leicester-born actor had to be careful not to spoil the work of the Spooks make-up artists.

His character’s body is covered in tattoos, a legacy of the eight years Lucas spent in a Russian prison.

“On a good day it takes about two hours to put them on. But they can break up if you sweat. I’m wheeled on to the set, told to stand still and not touch anything – and they rub off on the sheets.”

He adds: “This year we revisit in more depth what happened to him. A nemesis, an interrogator, arrives from the past and takes him into that murky world again. That whole story introduces the seed of the thread throughout the series, which is Nightingale.

“India, Pakistan and China feature heavily. But everyone, including Russia, America and Britain have a finger in the pie.

"We’ve got baddies scattered throughout all of these nations and they’re all meeting in a secret clandestine group called Nightingale, plotting something horrendous.”

Talking to the cast on set during filming, it’s clear this has been a more intense shoot than usual with episodes filmed out of sequence, along with last minute re-writes to keep the story ahead of the news.

“The scripts feel more ambitious – the bar has been raised and we’re all trying to leap it.

"This series does keep you on your toes. It doesn’t help if you’re a bit of a control freak, like I am, because I like to know everything I’m doing., when I’m doing it.

"It’s certainly been a bit of a rollercoaster this year.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/spooks-richard-armitage-933389

Bild

Bild

EDIT: Ein viel ausführlicheres Interview findet sich in Ian Wylies blog. Maike

Zitat:
ianwylie October 29, 2009 Spooks

Spooks: Richard Armitage Extras

THERE was a knock on the dressing room door while I was interviewing Richard Armitage on set for the new series of Spooks.

Yet another crisis had engulfed the small MI5 team responsible for saving us, and the rest of the world, on a weekly basis.

In the face of global warming and the threat of nuclear war, one more vital resource had run out at Thames House.

“There’s a milk shortage on The Grid,” apologised Richard.

So without the benefit of tea, we carried on.

You’d have been proud.

Today’s TV feature on Richard, who plays Lucas North, and the new series is here.

As ever, space was tighter than the Spooks’ milk budget.

So dedicated Spooks – and Richard Armitage fans – may like to read some of the extras below.

Everyone else is excused…though would you mind popping out for two pints of organic semi-skimmed?

Thanks ever so.

Assuming you’ve first made friends with the feature here, then read on:

1. The Spooks new series production release, issued before filming began, spoke about the MI5 team going into deeper and more dangerous territory:

“I suppose we did go into deeper, darker territory. It’s quite an intense shoot and it feels like we’ve had less and less time to do it. But actually we’ve had the same amount of time. I think the scripts have got more ambitious this year and it seems much more dense and the political landscape is ever changing.

“The scripts morph as things crop up in the news. So it does keep you on your toes. At one point we started doing episodes six and seven and then we’ve had to go back to five and eight, which under normal circumstances is OK.

“But because the scripts were quite loose at that point, it really plays with your head a bit. So when you’re working on an episode you have to get your head completely around the politics. Otherwise you just lose track of what you’re saying.

“With Lucas, we’ve got the needle into the past – I think it’s around episode four. We’ve scratched the surface in the first series but this year we revisit in more depth what happened to him.”

2. Lucas gets close to new CIA liaison officer Sarah Caulfield in the new series:

“I think that he’s monitored by his team because he’s been compromised in the past and the fact that he has been caught and imprisoned in Russia means that he has a fatal flaw in him. I think there’s always the potential for somebody to stumble and fall again.

“There’s a maverick in Lucas. He enjoys the thrill of the chase and there is a point in the series…the writers didn’t write it but I decided in myself that this was the point where Lucas could potentially have turned. And there is a moment when he considers what it would be like to join the bad side. It’s not really explored in the story but it’s the moment where Lucas would be tested. So I entertained the idea.

“Sarah Caulfield is a really interesting character. I think I’d describe her as being a very complicated girl and I think it’s in episode seven, she gets Lucas in a bit of a mess.

“It starts off as a power struggle between two professionals. That then turns into a sort of sexual power struggle and then it turns into quite an honest love affair which screws Lucas up and actually screws Sarah Caulfield up a bit. The courses that they’re both on start to become compromised because of the fact that they do fall in love with each other.

“The first step he takes towards her in terms of that attraction is very much about domination. They’re toying with each other a bit and he’s made professional promises to her – I’ll deliver this to you if you give me this. And then he ducks out of the deal. So she double crosses him.

“The first sexual encounter between them is very much about Lucas taking control of her, being manipulated by a very attractive woman who’s using her sexuality as much as anything else to get him to do what she wants.

“It initially starts as quite an intense professional conflict that becomes sexual but then he gets all involved with her. He can’t get enough of her and can’t leave her alone. You’ll fall in love with Genevieve O’Reilly, who plays Sarah. She’s brilliant.”

3. The race to find Harry (Peter Firth) in episode one:

“In my head, when that episode hadn’t been written, I thought that the team would be out there kicking ass, trying to get him back. But actually the reality of it is that they are bound to the Grid and they’re sort of helpless. All they’ve got is information and photographs. They’re treading water because they really have got no clues. They’re just assembling all the evidence which would lead to his captor. So the team feel quite helpless. But it actually makes for quite an intense episode – they’re all in quite a sticky situation. The final 10 minutes of episode one is just brilliant.”

4. Ros takes over in Harry’s absence:

“Ros takes control of the situation and everyone else slots into place. That’s what’s been interesting about this series, everyone’s roles have been much more clearly defined. In each episode, whenever a case happens, you know which line your character is going to follow. It’s very clear and all the characters seem to sit very comfortably with what they’ve got to do.

“I think it works very well with Ros as the Head of Section and Lucas and Ros are working really well together. There’s a lot of banter between them, which I really enjoy. They’ve got the same sense of humour and, I think, the same sense of danger.

“When Lucas strikes up this relationship with Sarah Caulfield, Ros is slightly dismissive of it but sees something, has a little poke around, she tries to stir things up in Lucas. She’s testing to see whether it’s real or whether it’s going to compromise him. I think she enjoys teasing him about it and it’s been quite fun to play as well.”

5. Spooks always has to raise the bar with each new series:

“Yeah, there is that pressure. You are a slave to the scripts pretty much, so you can only deliver as much as the script allows you to do. They’ve taken time to form and sometimes they’ve arrived in pieces, but that’s kind of fun to do that.

“Episode eight…we arrived at the beginning of the block and we were shooting scenes that we had no idea where they were going to fit into the episode and what was around them. So the editor was coming down and saying, ‘OK, these are the scenes that haven’t been written yet but this is what’s going to happen.’ The episode…it feels like that, it’s like all hell’s breaking loose and these characters are stranded in the middle of this chaos and they just don’t know which direction to take. It’s a lost cause, really. So that’s very exciting.

“The scripts feel more ambitious. When there’s a fight sequence, a special effect or a siege or something, all of us meet and the director says, ‘This is something that Spooks has done before, it does it very well, but we can’t let that happen again. We’ve got to increase the stakes. We’ve got to make it look even more difficult. The explosion has got to look more real.’ And so I think everyone is conscious that that bar has been raised and we’re all trying to leap it.”

6. The new series sees the arrival on The Grid of Tariq Masood, played by Shazad Latif:

“I guess he would have been described as a geek in the breakdown but actually he’s turned up and he’s more computer genius. There’s a bridge because the old fashioned M character in Bond that did all the gadgetry, it’s had to change in the 21st century and it’s all cyberstuff. And he’s really fast and he’s 17 or 18. So he’s probably the youngest cast member.”

7. Does Lucas have much interaction with Tariq?

“There’s a bit of nurturing. He comes in and he’s a bit slack and he’s a bit of a wide boy. There’s quite a lot of banter about toe the line otherwise Ros will have your nuts, kind of thing, which is quite funny.

“I keep wanting them to get in little digs about the head of MI5 being on Facebook. I keep saying, ‘Oh come on, you’ve got to slip that line in – How are we going to find out what he’s up to? Well, just have a look on Facebook.’”

8. Would Richard be happy to return if series nine gets the go-ahead for 2010?

“Yeah, if I get invited back. Have I been naughty? Have I toed the line? There’s a big cliffhanger in episode eight, shock horror, and you don’t know who’s gone and who’s survived. Another one of those.”

9. Richard’s real life dealings with America’s CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) and Russia’s FSB (Federal Security Service):

“When we first started we had a really brilliant session with a guy from the CIA and a guy from the FSB. We sat down with them and had a couple of hours chat. I really wish we’d have had an MI5 person but I think at that point we were looking outwards, rather than inwards. It was fascinating to see the difference, the contrast. The CIA guy did not stop talking for the whole interview. We suspect he wanted to be a movie star, he wouldn’t shut up. But the FSB guy in a black polo neck just sat there. It was really interesting.

“Any time the CIA guy was questioned about the ethics of certain torture methods, he would go, ‘No, no, no, we can’t do that.’ And the FSB guy would go, ‘Whatever it takes.’ He couldn’t have been more stereotypical.

“I think the research department have people that they talk to. But it’s not always that helpful, especially on a show like this, because more often than not the job is farmed out to more people and there’s a lot more paperwork involved. And I think that sometimes when you want something to happen in a script, if you go to the source and they say, ‘Well, no, that really wouldn’t happen,’ it can pin you down a bit.

“I think they try to be as truthful as possible. But there are more than four people saving the UK from disaster every week, I’m sure.”

10. Spooks’ trademark is being ahead of the news. Is there anything in this series that has really shocked you?

“Yeah. Episode eight. This group of people that are stoking the flames of the conflict between India and Pakistan..the episode kicks off with some kind of conflict over a nuclear submarine and I opened The Times last week and I think it’s India that were developing some kind of nuclear submarine and China and Pakistan were getting a bit itchy about it. I was like, ‘This is our episode.’ And there it is in the actual news. You read our script and go, ‘No, that wouldn’t happen, it’s ridiculous.’ Then in the paper, there it is.

“It just makes you realise that what’s on our page, although it’s fictional and the narrative is stretched dramatically, there is a root in the truth. So when you get very scary episodes you think, ‘It’s all possible.’”

11. Harry and Lucas?

“There’s always conflict. The thing about Lucas and Harry is that Harry is the father that never says well done. And I think because Lucas has failed him once in a big way, I think there’s irreconcilable damage that’s been done to that relationship. It means that that relationship will continue because Lucas really needs Harry to turn round and go, ‘Yeah, you did well, I’m proud of you.’ And he’ll never get it. So that’s good. It keeps it in flux.”

12. Harry and Ruth?

“Harry and Ruth are developing nicely. It’s nice…”

*Spooks returns to BBC1 at 9pm next Wednesday – Nov 4.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: 29.10.2009, 11:23 

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Staffel 8 - Vorgeplänkel!
BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 11:32 
Guy's evil dungeon-mistress

:blum: Vielen Dank für den Link, Nietzsche!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Staffel 8 - Vorgeplänkel!
BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 11:53 
Rickys heiße Bikerbraut

Nietzsche hat geschrieben:
Mein Google-Alert hat gerade Folgendes ausgespuckt:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d_armitage

:grins:

danke für den link :blum:

:umkipp: :umkipp: :umkipp:
diese jacke.......plus waffe (steht ihm ziemlich gut :shy: ) und crinkles :heartthrow: :heartthrow:
Bild

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 12:00 
Mill overseer & Thorins Schneewittchen

Danke, Nietzsche! Die Waffe steht ihm wirklich gut.... :evilgrin:

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 12:05 

Das Bild ist total g*il. Die langen Ärmel erinnern mich ein wenig an das weiße Hemd in N&S :schnapp: Eine der besten Jacken bis jetzt (hm, ich muß wohl in London dem Belstaff-Geschäft einen Besuch abstatten, die Geldbörse wird jaulen).

Na ja, und die Pistole erst...und die Hände, die Crinkles :evilgrin: :schnapp: 8)

Ab in die Klapse.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 12:08 

Schade, dass die Belstaff-Klamotten nur was für superschlanke Leute wie Lucas und Ros sind... :sigh2:

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 12:13 
Guy's evil dungeon-mistress

Maike hat geschrieben:
Schade, dass die Belstaff-Klamotten nur was für superschlanke Leute wie Lucas und Ros sind... :sigh2:

Stimmt, und leider auch nur für Leute mit einem dicken Portemonnaie... :sigh2:

Aber das Bild ist wirklich genial! :aww:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 12:15 

Kommt auf den Schnitt an - manche Jacken sind wirklich schmeichelhaft. Belstaff wird in Italien erzeugt, die verstehen ihr Geschäft.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 13:23 

Lucas Jacke ist jedenfalls besser als die stinknormale Windjacke, die Adam mal für eine ganze Staffel getragen hat. :evilgrin:

Bloody Internet.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 13:27 
Paul's love therapist

Ich brauche Luft, ich brauche Luft :fan: :fan: :fan: - der Mann macht mich einfach atemlos... :umkipp: :love:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 13:35 
Was für ein Foto, was für ein Blick! Wie bringt der Mann es nur fertig immer so unterschiedlich auszusehn und mit 38 noch so wahnsinnig jung und um Längen besser als mit Mitte 20. :ohnmacht: :ohnmacht: :sabber: :sabber: :fan:

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 14:11 

Gute Gene - seine Haut z.B. ist wirklich schön :drool: Er ist auch ein Typ der kaum zu Fettansatz neigt, noch ein Vorteil.

Zuletzt geändert von Nietzsche am 29.10.2009, 14:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 14:17 
Lady Macduff

Marian hat geschrieben:
.... und um Längen besser als mit Mitte 20. :ohnmacht: :ohnmacht: :sabber: :sabber: :fan:

Wie wahr!
Aber was ihr mit dieser Jacke habt :scratch: - ich nehme die crinkles :schnapp: ;)

Und, Nietzsche, ich glaube mit ein paar Speckröllchen würde ich ihn auch noch lecker finden :shy: .

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 14:40 
Favourite madam of John T.

Ihr seid einfach zum Quieken :knutsch: :knutsch: Gut, dass uns hier keiner sieht und hört ......tolle Jacke, die Waffe steht ihm gut :laughter: , crinkles....und erst dieser Blick.......ich brauch jetzt auch :fan: :fan: :gnade: :gnade: Was sieht er einfach gut aus :ohnmacht:

No one knows what you are for me.

Thanks to Jessie for these amazing SIG

BeitragVerfasst: 29.10.2009, 15:29 

ja, ja, wer weiß, vielleicht kommt ja irgendwann noch der "Lucas North gun appreciation thread" :lol: :lol: Nachdem er ja "all blazing guns " ist :grins: , diesmal, während Ros die Kehlen aufschlitzt....

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 27 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde